PDA

View Full Version : Poets of the Fall

Chainsaw Hobbit
2011-04-07, 08:14 PM
About a year ago I discovered this totally awesome badass Finnish band called the Poets of the Fall. They do a mix of light rock, metal, folk, and pop. Very interesting. You can see a link to one of their best songs in my signature. Check them out.

HERE (http://www.poetsofthefall.com/) is their website.

Adumbration
2011-04-08, 04:46 AM
Jeah, they're pretty good. Mind you, I'm just a little biased, being a finn. :smalltongue:

Asthix
2011-04-08, 06:11 AM
Excellent music video. I've kinda moved on from this kind of rock, but it's still great musically.

Chainsaw Hobbit
2011-04-08, 10:38 AM
Other good songs by them are "Lift", "Locking Up the Sun" (but not the remix), "War", and "Diamonds for Tears". Look them up. They will all be on YouTube.

Flickerdart
2011-04-08, 10:41 AM
I've listened to a few of their songs. They don't seem half bad, but they're lacking something. Oompf? "War" kind of gets it right. Do they have anything that's like "War" but more so?

Chainsaw Hobbit
2011-04-08, 10:43 AM
I've listened to a few of their songs. They don't seem half bad, but they're lacking something. Oompf? "War" kind of gets it right. Do they have anything that's like "War" but more so?

You might like their songs "Revolution Roulette", "Psychosis", and especially "Passion Colors Everything".

Mewtarthio
2011-04-08, 10:50 AM
I've heard that name. Weren't they the ones who did the music for the fictional band in Alan Wake? Including the rock concert battle scene?

Chainsaw Hobbit
2011-04-08, 10:51 AM
I've heard that name. Weren't they the ones who did the music for the fictional band in Alan Wake? Including the rock concert battle scene?

Yes. I've never played that game, should I get it?

Flickerdart
2011-04-08, 11:04 AM
Of those, I liked Psychosis. Must be the different singing voice.

RebelRogue
2011-04-08, 11:10 AM
Not bad at all, but I must say it seemed a little too pretty and predictable for my tastes. Too many stock chord progressions and I just miss an overall edge - hard to quantify. Obviously, YMMY.

Chainsaw Hobbit
2011-04-08, 01:42 PM
Of those, I liked Psychosis. Must be the different singing voice.

It's the same guy singing all the songs.
Psychosis is my least favorite of all their songs, but I see how it could appeal to some.

Closet_Skeleton
2011-04-08, 02:01 PM
Excellent music video. I've kinda moved on from this kind of rock, but it's still great musically.

Not bad at all, but I must say it seemed a little too pretty and predictable for my tastes. Too many stock chord progressions and I just miss an overall edge - hard to quantify. Obviously, YMMY.

Sound pretty blah to me. Almost puts me in the mind of this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6P-2GY-SgA) but not quite so edgeless.