PDA

View Full Version : Nanosuit 3.01

Milo v3
2011-04-07, 10:48 PM
The Nanosuit 2 is ultimately badass. But how could it be improved. Realistically theirs not much left. So any thoughts on what should be in the Nanosuit 3.01.

This is about the suit from the Crysis series for those who are unaware.

The Glyphstone
2011-04-07, 10:52 PM
Does it include a full Surround-Sound VR Cinema movie projection system with a full library of films, along with a popcorn and soda synthesizer? If not, that's the top of my list.

Milo v3
2011-04-07, 10:58 PM
Does it include a full Surround-Sound VR Cinema movie projection system with a full library of films, along with a popcorn and soda synthesizer? If not, that's the top of my list.

Thats the funniest thing I've heard all week. :smalltongue:

And as far as I know it doesn't have the Projection System. :smallfrown:

Would a Holographic Digital construct which is only visable through the suit suffice?:smallamused:

Its realistic, and I can see real combat uses for a Movie Projector in the suit.

warty goblin
2011-04-07, 11:11 PM
Generally I like the changes from v1.0 to v2.0. There are however a few things I would like:

1) The ability to sprint without consuming power. This is really the only change from the first to second game that decreased the suit's usefulness, and it annoys me. I actually like all of the other alterations, they make using suit powers easier, and in a lot of cases lets me do things that were simply not possible previously.

2) A mute button. There is something screwed up when my damn outerwear gets more lines than the protagonist*. In particular it really needs to stop repeating stuff that somebody just told me, I heard them the first time.

*I'm aware that by making him silent, Crytek are putting Alcatraz in the Gordon Freeman school of FPS protagonist. This school of thought needs to die; it makes FPS stories even more forgettable than they already are.

Milo v3
2011-04-07, 11:15 PM
Generally I like the changes from v1.0 to v2.0. There are however a few things I would like:

1) The ability to sprint without consuming power. This is really the only change from the first to second game that decreased the suit's usefulness, and it annoys me. I actually like all of the other alterations, they make using suit powers easier, and in a lot of cases lets me do things that were simply not possible previously.

2) A mute button. There is something screwed up when my damn outerwear gets more lines than the protagonist*. In particular it really needs to stop repeating stuff that somebody just told me, I heard them the first time.

*I'm aware that by making him silent, Crytek are putting Alcatraz in the Gordon Freeman school of FPS protagonist. This school of thought needs to die; it makes FPS stories even more forgettable than they already are.

I agree fully. But I would rarely ever use the Mute. You have to admit the voice is pretty awesome. It only gets annoying when you change from one to the other after choosing the wrong one.

Worira
2011-04-07, 11:18 PM
NANOVISION ENABLEDlowercase

Milo v3
2011-04-07, 11:21 PM
NANOVISION ENABLEDlowercase

What do you mean "Lowercase"?

warty goblin
2011-04-07, 11:48 PM
I agree fully. But I would rarely ever use the Mute. You have to admit the voice is pretty awesome. It only gets annoying when you change from one to the other after choosing the wrong one.

I thought the amount of talking done by both the suit and the player character in Crysis and Warhead were about perfect. The suit told me critical information in a compact, efficient manner, and the protagonist - who actually worked as a protagonist - communicated with others in a similar manner. It wasn't award winning dialog by any means, but they at least had some, and conversations thus in some way resembled exchanges made by actual human beings.

The Crysis 2 nanosuit needs to just shut the hell up though. Telling me what mode I'm in, that's fine. That's actual useful information, perhaps not as useful as in previous games since it's pretty easy to tell just from looking, but still handy to have. I do not need gravely voiced recaps of my assortment of radio command people's instructions. Given that they all boil down to 'follow the objective marker, don't die' I'm not actually sure why anybody would. At the same time Alcatraz needs to get on the radio in the first scene, explain to everybody that he's not Prophet, figure out that the appropriate response to a question is not more silence, and generally remember that the front of the box does not contain the words "Half-Life."

Short version: less suit talky, more character talky.

Demented
2011-04-08, 01:19 AM
The Nanosuit 2 is ultimately badass. But how could it be improved. Realistically theirs not much left. So any thoughts on what should be in the Nanosuit 3.01.

This is about the suit from the Crysis series for those who are unaware.
Deus Ex: Human Revolution would like to have a word with you.

1. A grappling hook, just 'cause.
2. Flight, in case there's nothing to grapple.
3. The ability to implement environmental damage into a game where it was promised but was not delivered. Promised, I say!

Milo v3
2011-04-08, 01:37 AM
Deus Ex: Human Revolution would like to have a word with you.

1. A grappling hook, just 'cause.
2. Flight, in case there's nothing to grapple.
3. The ability to implement environmental damage into a game where it was promised but was not delivered. Promised, I say!

I personally can't wait for Deus Ex: Human Revolution.
1. Makes sense
2. How would this work?:smallmad: And please don't say Jetpack.

Worira
2011-04-08, 01:43 AM
What do you mean "Lowercase"?

The forum's settings do not allow a post to be made with only capital letters.

Demented
2011-04-08, 04:35 AM
The nanosuit will flap its arms really quickly. You asked for it.

littlebottom
2011-04-08, 06:14 PM
i was away on the release of crysis 2, but managed to get it a few days back, literally today finished the single player game.

i dont mind his non-talking for the most part, but there are a couple of points where it plain p*ssed me off. "can you hear me? if you can hear me, here are my long winded instructions, im proberbly talking to a dead man, but i might as well say it" just a "read you loud and clear" would of made things much more bareable on that front. there are several other story points where by i really wish he could just say SOMETHING, but it was no problem for the most part.

the suit didnt really annoy me, what did annoy me is when i hit a wrong button, but thats my own fault. what also annoys me minorly ever so minorly is that (on the PC version) Q is for armour and E is for cloak, fine, but to press Q you use your third finger, and you also use that for A which is straif left, same with the cloak, E is naturally your first finger as is D which is straif right. what im getting at is i couldnt straif left and put my armour on, or straif right and put my cloak on (or reload) so it just annoyed me a little was all. it didnt come up often, but when it did it annoyed me.

that all said, anyone playing the online of crysis 2? i just started and it would be cool to play with some of you guys (as i said before, im on the PC version)

dgnslyr
2011-04-08, 06:20 PM
I personally can't wait for Deus Ex: Human Revolution.
1. Makes sense

Why use a Jetpack when you can use Jetboots? Quick, let's decide the most ridiculous place to put a jet thruster!

The Glyphstone
2011-04-08, 06:26 PM
Why use a Jetpack when you can use Jetboots? Quick, let's decide the most ridiculous place to put a jet thruster!

The forehead?

littlebottom
2011-04-08, 06:36 PM

your armpits? ears? nose? eyes? knees? elbows? eyebrows? chin? belly button? nipples? codpiece? rear end?

infact the rear end one could work, it could use your own waste to fuel the thrusters by collecting the methane.

Milo v3
2011-04-08, 08:00 PM
You would need more then one thruster or else it will be uncontrollable.
We need at least three:
- Rear End (Main Thruster)
- Left Leg (To Turn Right)
- Right Leg (To Turn Left)

That was my oppinion of the best places.

The Glyphstone
2011-04-08, 09:46 PM
Nah.

-Forehead
-Back of head
-Ears
-Top of head

This gives you pitch, yaw, and forward thrust. The only downside is that you have to fly feet (or butt) first at the enemy.

Worira
2011-04-08, 09:52 PM
Also, you have an automated neck-snapping device.

Inyssius Tor
2011-04-08, 10:24 PM

Nanomachines.

Duuuuuh.

chiasaur11
2011-04-08, 10:26 PM
What is with all the Jetpack hate anyway?

Jetpacks are the best thing.

Milo v3
2011-04-08, 11:31 PM
What is with all the Jetpack hate anyway?

Jetpacks are the best thing.

That's it. It is so awesome that everyone wants one.

And now every game has them. Its like zombies.:smallfrown:

dgnslyr
2011-04-08, 11:32 PM
Nah.

-Forehead
-Back of head
-Ears
-Top of head

This gives you pitch, yaw, and forward thrust. The only downside is that you have to fly feet (or butt) first at the enemy.

This is a downside how? Assault your enemies with indecency!

chiasaur11
2011-04-08, 11:48 PM

I think you're saying "Every" for "not enough".

Good Z-axis mobility should be more common, not less.

Demented
2011-04-09, 04:00 PM
Jetpacks:
- Dark Void

Grappling Hooks:
- Just Cause 2
- Bionic Commando
- Batman: Arkham Asylum

If anything, I think that's an argument for jetpacks.

But, assuming we must restrain ourselves to effects that only apply to the surface of our beloved nanosuit, I say we need wall-walking!

Maximum Sticky

littlebottom
2011-04-09, 05:07 PM
Jetpacks:
- Dark Void

Grappling Hooks:
- Just Cause 2
- Bionic Commando
- Batman: Arkham Asylum

If anything, I think that's an argument for jetpacks.

But, assuming we must restrain ourselves to effects that only apply to the surface of our beloved nanosuit, I say we need wall-walking!

Maximum Sticky

now im thinking of dead space where you can zero G jump onto any surface in zero G, but without the zero G bit... "power jump-Maximum sticky"

Inyssius Tor
2011-04-09, 06:24 PM

Can you name four?

Milo v3
2011-04-09, 06:30 PM
Can you name four?

1. Halo Reach
2. Transformers War for Cybertron (If you could the Hover Power)
3. Destroy All Humans
4. Destroy All Humans 2
5. War Of The Monsters
6. Ratchet And Clank
7. Ratchet & Clank 2
8. Ratchet & Clank 3
9. Worms 2
10. Worms 3D

And these are just games I own.

Demented
2011-04-10, 12:18 AM
now im thinking of dead space where you can zero G jump onto any surface in zero G, but without the zero G bit... "power jump-Maximum sticky"

Come to think of it, didn't Crysis already have a zero G level? (I really, really need to get that game... But the price skyrocketed after Cry 2's release.) And the nanosuit already had thrusters to navigate then...

Lord of the Helms
2011-04-10, 01:51 AM
Come to think of it, didn't Crysis already have a zero G level? (I really, really need to get that game... But the price skyrocketed after Cry 2's release.) And the nanosuit already had thrusters to navigate then...

Yep. It was a pain in the ass. But then again, a real-lif zero G environment would also be a pain in the ass to navigate.

warty goblin
2011-04-10, 08:58 AM
Yep. It was a pain in the ass. But then again, a real-lif zero G environment would also be a pain in the ass to navigate.

It was, however, the best alien mothership level I've ever played. Sure it was confusing and difficult to navigate, but it genuinely felt alien and creepy, so the aforementioned difficulties fit right in. Too bad every remaining level sucked so bad.

Which shouldn't turn a person off from Crysis. The first half of the game is, in my mind, arguably the best FPS of the last decade. Just play through the whole thing, then go back and play Assault and Onslaught a half dozen more times, there's so much stuff going on in them you can easily get that much replay out of them.

Inyssius Tor
2011-04-10, 03:00 PM
1997. Worms 2
2002. Ratchet & Clank
2003. Worms 3D
2003. War Of The Monsters
2003. Ratchet & Clank 2
2004. Ratchet & Clank 3
2005. Destroy All Humans
2006. Destroy All Humans 2
2010. Transformers War for Cybertron (If you could the Hover Power)
2010. Halo Reach

And these are just games I own.

Wait, you're citing a game published in nineteen ninety-seven as an example of how something is overexposed in modern media? I was five years old when Worms 2 came out! What's next, saying that monochrome color schemes are way too common in games now and citing your extensive library of Magnavox Odyssey titles as evidence?

And I think it's kind of stretching it to use direct sequels as separate examples, too. By that logic, if I were to claim that the "killer sent back in time to murder an individual who will play a pivotal role in future events" trope has been overused to the point of absurdity, I could cite Terminator, Terminator 2, Terminator 3, and each episode of the Sarah Connor Chronicles as individual cases. And that would just be silly.

also the jetpack was only in Halo: Reach for like forty-five seconds (unless you count the multiplayer, where it's always available but also always a bad idea), and War of the Monsters kind of dropped out of the public consciousness immediately after release. Which is awfully sad, because it is a real gem of a game.

Milo v3
2011-04-10, 05:11 PM
I wasn't aware of when the older games came out. Also I never stated anything about "Modern Media" I just said their in games more and more know.

With Halo Reach my brother always uses the jetpack, I use it about 45% of the time. Its horrid at first but I quickly learnt to use it in battles as a Tactical Advantage.

With the Grappling Hook.
1. Just Cause 2
2. Ratchet & Clank
3. Ratchet & Clank 2
4. Ratchet & Clank 3
5. Ratchet Gladiator
6. Ben 10: Protector Of Earth (Don't Judge me)
7. Ben 10 Alien Force
8. Ben 10 Alien Force Vilgax Attacks
9. Worms 3D
10. Worms 2 (But somepeople say this is too old to count)
These are all games I own. I own an even amount of games with Jetpacks as Grappling Hooks. I accept defeat.