PDA

View Full Version : Help me dress up for the Espirit Güik (misspelling intended)

Dusk Eclipse
2011-04-08, 08:04 AM
Ok, so in my school every year we celebrate the Espirit Güik (Spirit Week in case you were wondering :smalltongue:) in which every day we must go to school dressed up according to a theme.

Now this year, one of the days was especially fun for me, since the theme for Thursday is the :drum roll: Geek/Nerd day!!!

And here is where you lot come in, I need suggestions on how to dress as geeky as posible, so far I have just a few ideas, I am going to get one of those dice holders to use as a necklace, get a belt holder for my M:TG deck, using a Geeky shirt, that kind of stuff; but I think that might be quite easy.

So suggestions please?

KuReshtin
2011-04-08, 08:52 AM
If you're going for a "classical nerd look":
Thick-rimmed glasses that have been taped together at the bridge of the nose.
Instead of the t-shirt, use a short-sleeved button down shirt with a pocket protector carrying pens and pencils in the breast pocket.
Trousers that are either naturally too short, or folded up to be too short.

Accessories:
The previously mentioned pocket protector with pens and pencils
Paper notepad
Pocket calculator, the more advanced, the better.

Image for reference (http://www.emartinez03.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/revenge_of_the_nerds_2.jpg)

Dusk Eclipse
2011-04-08, 09:02 AM
Well I want more the geek look, but I will definitely take that into account :smallbiggrin:

Oh and is this:
http://calculators.torensma.net/files/images/texas_instruments_ti-84_plus_silver_edition.jpg Advanced enough (yes I actually own one of those)

Castaras
2011-04-08, 09:46 AM
Dress up as a Klingon, and say you're a geeky cos-player.

KuReshtin
2011-04-08, 10:11 AM
Well I want more the geek look, but I will definitely take that into account :smallbiggrin:

Oh and is this:
*snip* Advanced enough (yes I actually own one of those)

Yep. That ought to do it. :smallbiggrin:

Kneenibble
2011-04-08, 10:34 AM
Be sure to tuck your shirt into your underwear.

banjo1985
2011-04-08, 10:39 AM
You can't go wrong with a calculator watch either. oh and the aforementioned underwear should be off-white and very uncool.

Icewalker
2011-04-08, 10:41 AM
Dress up like a jock. Point out that there are people who look like that are in fact total geeks. (Carry dice in a pocket, probably). :smallbiggrin:

Alternatively, dress like you would every day, cause you already are one. :smallwink:

Dusk Eclipse
2011-04-08, 12:27 PM
Dress up as a Klingon, and say you're a geeky cos-player.

Nah, I was never into Star trek (I am more of a Star Wars Fan) so thanks but not thanks

Be sure to tuck your shirt into your underwear.

Good idea

Dress up like a jock. Point out that there are people who look like that are in fact total geeks. (Carry dice in a pocket, probably). :smallbiggrin:

I already carry my dices in my school bag (dice stacking is great form to pass time in particular long or boring lectures, like the one I am supposed to be in >_> <_<

Alternatively, dress like you would every day, cause you already are one. :smallwink:

Nah, too easy :smallbiggrin:

Dallas-Dakota
2011-04-08, 01:07 PM
Look more like this friend of mine.:smallcool:

http://94.100.120.224/1154300001-1154350000/1154315001-1154315100/1154315011_5_3caw_2.jpeg

Dusk Eclipse
2011-04-08, 02:03 PM
errr... I am male, but you have a cute friend

Eldan
2011-04-08, 03:08 PM
Ti-84? Psh. Get a Ti-92 or better. It can play Mario Land, 2 player Tetris and Rogue.

(Man, my Math grades really suffered from then on).

Anyway: Lab coat, if you can get one. Mine's especially cool: it has not only acid burns, but also a genuine bloody hand print. I'm so proud of it.

GrlumpTheElder
2011-04-11, 10:50 AM
If you're going for a "classical nerd look":
Thick-rimmed glasses that have been taped together at the bridge of the nose.
Instead of the t-shirt, use a short-sleeved button down shirt with a pocket protector carrying pens and pencils in the breast pocket.
Trousers that are either naturally too short, or folded up to be too short.

Accessories:
The previously mentioned pocket protector with pens and pencils
Paper notepad
Pocket calculator, the more advanced, the better.

Image for reference (http://www.emartinez03.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/revenge_of_the_nerds_2.jpg)

Most people will be dressed similarly to Ku's idea I imagine, So if you want to stand out from the crowd, you may have to go more extreme. Labcoat could work...

Force
2011-04-11, 11:55 AM
Wear a labcoat with various stains (if you can fake it, something that looks like blood is good). Various stickers on the labcoat denoting membership in various science clubs/gamer guilds/etc is good. Carry a beaker with colored water around in one hand, along with pencils/notebooks/calculator in your labcoat pockets. In the other hand, carry a book-- real or fabricated-- on social interaction. I.E. label something "The Idiot's Guide to Social Interactions." Look alternately confused by what's going on around you, intensely focused on the beaker/notepads/calculator, and cackling evilly at the substance you're creating.

SDF
2011-04-13, 04:48 AM
You can't go wrong with the greatest nerd ever http://images.cosplay.com/photos/16/1695769.jpg

Keld Denar
2011-04-13, 05:06 AM
Wear a [Green Linen Shirt].

Alternatively, find the one that says [Wang].

Alternatively, try to find a REALLY oldschool text based RPG t-shirt, like for Zork or something. Kudos if it's aged/destressed naturally, but its not hard to artificially destress a t-shirt if you get one off the intarwebz.

It is dark. You are likely to be eaten by a gru.