PDA

View Full Version : (Pathfinder) Dervish Dance feat

Duncan_Ruadrik
2011-04-08, 08:22 PM
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/extras/community-creations/pel-s-lab/dervish-dance

Does this mean that you can't hold a weapon in your other hand at all... even if you arent using it? I have a guy with a bow, but our party keeps screwing up (stupid loud clerics!) and I end up with mooks on my archer. I think this feat would help with the enemies up close, but only if i can hold my longbow in my free hand...

My reasoning here is that it says you cant hold a weapon or shield... but says nothing about another item. I just want to hold my bow in my hand while I slay things.. is it too much to ask?!

Any help is much appreciated!

Curious
2011-04-08, 08:25 PM
It's pretty specific, since it states no weapons in the other hand. Your bow is a no go.

Duncan_Ruadrik
2011-04-08, 08:28 PM
It's pretty specific, since it states no weapons in the other hand. Your bow is a no go.

I do agree with that... im just wondering because im not using it as a weapon while using the said scimitar.

Curious
2011-04-08, 08:33 PM
RAW, it still wouldn't be allowed. You may be able to convince your DM to allow it anyways though. By the way, if you are using the dervish dance feat you may want to check out the http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/fighter#TOC-Mobile-Fighter for a agile fighter type.

Mojo_Rat
2011-04-09, 09:59 AM
the inner sea primer has an archetype called raw flower dervish. supports the whole single sword thing and has similar stuff to the mobile fighter.

Glimbur
2011-04-09, 10:22 AM
Have you considered just dropping your bow? That is inconvenient if you will need it again in the combat and there's a slight chance an enemy will run off with it, but it is (probably) a free action to do and makes you unquestionably able to use the feat.

Thespianus
2011-04-09, 02:10 PM
The feat mentions that you treat the Scimitar as a Piercing weapon? Is that intentional? Or a typo? It should be Slashing, right? Or is this some Pathfinder specific thing that I'm missing? :)

Duncan_Ruadrik
2011-04-09, 02:27 PM
Have you considered just dropping your bow? That is inconvenient if you will need it again in the combat and there's a slight chance an enemy will run off with it, but it is (probably) a free action to do and makes you unquestionably able to use the feat.

it is a free action, dropping an item. gloves of the Master Strategist work too, if I dont want to lose the weapon.

Duncan_Ruadrik
2011-04-09, 02:28 PM
The feat mentions that you treat the Scimitar as a Piercing weapon? Is that intentional? Or a typo? It should be Slashing, right? Or is this some Pathfinder specific thing that I'm missing? :)

You are correct. apparently, it was designed with the pathfinder Duelist in mind... the piercing clause makes the scimitar usable by the duelist for many of that PrC's class abilities. It makes for a sweet duelist, I must say.

Curious
2011-04-09, 02:57 PM
A note if you are going to become a Duelist. Take the two-weapon fighting feat, and wield a dagger in your off hand. Use the parry ability with the dagger, and you will not only retain your piercing strike bonus to damage with your main weapon, but when you manage to parry an opponent you will be able to AoO them with your main weapon as well.

Ravens_cry
2011-04-09, 03:17 PM
I want to try this with spiked armour and a scimitar for a sorcerer/fighter gish. Hey, the spiked armour ain't in my hand.

Curious
2011-04-09, 03:20 PM
Oh that's sweet, why did I never think of that. You sir, have just won an internet.
http://www.mopo.ca/uploaded_images/one-free-794606.jpg

Ravens_cry
2011-04-09, 03:27 PM
Oh that's sweet, why did I never think of that. You sir, have just won an internet.
http://www.mopo.ca/uploaded_images/one-free-794606.jpg
I can't take credit for it, it came up with another thread about Dervish Dance.:smallredface:

Curious
2011-04-09, 03:35 PM
Still a winner, you are. I now must create a duelist with spiked armor for my next game. :smalltongue:

themightylex
2014-03-19, 04:59 PM

Sorry to chime in so late, but actually, it says "off hand". Take Ambidexterity and lose the off hand. By RAW that means you could weild two Scimitars for twice the fun. That's exactly what my character is doing. Ambidexterity also wiped out my TWF penalty. :smallbiggrin:

Ravens_cry
2014-03-19, 05:12 PM
Sorry to chime in so late, but actually, it says "off hand". Take Ambidexterity and lose the off hand. By RAW that means you could weild two Scimitars for twice the fun. That's exactly what my character is doing. Ambidexterity also wiped out my TWF penalty. :smallbiggrin:
Not only is this Thread Necromancy, but I don't think Ambidexterity has been a feat since 3.0 and this is specifically a Pathfinder thread.