PDA

View Full Version : Tarrasque Question

crillitor
2011-04-08, 08:25 PM
Would a tarrasque attack a level 20 sorcerer with the fey bloodline?

Sarco_Phage
2011-04-08, 08:27 PM

I don't see why not.

Zanatos777
2011-04-08, 08:36 PM
Yes, a better question is whether Big T could win.

TroubleBrewing
2011-04-08, 08:53 PM
One of the major fluff things about Big T is his insatiable appetite. He eats EVERYTHING.

Cruiser1
2011-04-08, 08:56 PM
The Terrasque (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/tarrasque.htm), being a low-INT eternally hungry force of nature, should attack anything that moves. If you have the Fey bloodline, let's give the Terrasque the Half-Fey template. Now we have a flying Terrasque that's immune to the enchantment school (i.e. uncharmable/undominatable), which is at least slightly more of a challenge for a level 20 caster. :smallsmile:

olelia
2011-04-08, 09:40 PM
For those that aren't aware. I belive the OP is referencing the level 20 capstone ability for pathfinder sorcerers.

Soul of the Fey (Su): At 20th level, your soul becomes one with the world of the fey. You gain immunity to poison and DR 10/cold iron. Creatures of the animal type do not attack you unless compelled to do so through magic. Once per day, you can cast shadow walk as a spell-like ability using your sorcerer level as your caster level.

And seeing as the Tarrasque is a magical beast...I don't think the power would protect the sorcerer.

Inyssius Tor
2011-04-08, 10:12 PM
Even if it did protect against magical beasts, I'd rule that it would only hold him off as long there's something else in the area besides rocks and trees for him to devour instead. The big guy may be preposterously weak for his CR if you can fly or levitate or even jump really high and turn on an immovable rod, but raw primal hunger is literally his entire deal.

Vknight
2011-04-08, 11:02 PM
I agree its a destructive engine of nashing teeth.

Daftendirekt
2011-04-08, 11:51 PM
The question is never whether the Tarrasque will attack something. It is when.

jguy
2011-04-09, 12:20 AM
Poor Tarrasque. He gets the Worf Effect on him all the time. For a monster with so much fluff about it being "The Ultimate Engine of Destruction" he goes down to a single Allip. I like the 4th Edition version of him where he has a gravity well around him to prevent fliers and even if somehow he is defeated he simple sinks into the core of the earth to regenerate.

Sarco_Phage
2011-04-09, 12:27 AM
Dude, Ailips are literally made of satan. I don't care if they're low-CR foes, the thought of something that sucks the wisdom directly out of your eyesockets is just hideous.

Sacrieur
2011-04-09, 12:32 AM
Tarrasque not care puny man. Tarrasque hungry.