PDA

View Full Version : Series Finale of Sym-Bionic Titan

Hands_Of_Blue
2011-04-08, 11:40 PM
Is on tomorrow morning at 9:30 am Eastern Standard Time. I'd ask people to watch, but if you haven't seen the previous episodes, it's probably be a bit confusing.

It's a great show, and I am very disappointed that it has been cancelled, especially since it was cancelled because of toys (http://screenrant.com/symbionic-titan-canceled-cartoon-network-benm-108168/). Tartakovsky deserves a lot better than that.

Tomorrow's episode for me will probably be bittersweet, since I am sure it be awesome, I don't see how the show can resolve all of it's dangling plotlines in twenty-two minutes.

The episode is titled "A Hero Returns" so I hope Lance and Ilana find a way to revive Octus.

If they ever come out with DVDs, I'd recommend anyone to buy them. I know I would.

Jayngfet
2011-04-09, 01:06 AM
The whole "no toys" thing is basically the ultimate network excuse. They just plain hated the show.

I mean, a super robot made of three smaller super robots, with an organization made up entirely of Red Power rangers, and an army of mecha, with a new monster every week, is basically a merchandising goldmine.

Not to mention the fact that they never made toys to begin with.

I mean it's either that or somehow the people who brought us CN Real and made Toonami into what it was in 2007 before cancelling it are stupid or something.

I can't imagine the guy who approved the adult swim ad's that caused a bomb scare has no idea what he's doing or anything.

Maybe it's us. Maybe it was us and not Snyder who drove away the all star team that took well over a decade to gather. I mean, you'd have to be an idiot or something to let go of that much talent all at once.

I mean, maybe it's our fault CN is way at the back of the ratings with basic cable kids networks.

I mean, it's not like Turner doesn't have a history of arbitrarily pulling shows that do well to push an agenda or anything.

0Megabyte
2011-04-09, 06:19 AM
Let them do this. Let Cartoon Network die. I hope the people in charge drive themselves into unemployment. Then, perhaps we can start a letter campaign to their houses. To mock them.

Yea, and let it come to pass, that those who have become driven by the lowest common denominator, that those who reject cartoons of quality for idiotic reasons, find themselves broken and cast from the hall, where there will be gnashing of teeth and the despair fitting of those leprous executives. May all mankind recognize them for what they are, so that no matter where they go, they shall be unable to rest their heads.

(So yes, Cartoon Network's current state makes me feel like aping the more apocalyptic of the prophets, in the whole "voice crying out in the wilderness, proclaiming doom for those who stray from the path of righteousness" venue. Thank goodness I have more useful things to occupy most of my time.)

Jayngfet
2011-04-09, 01:05 PM
Yes, but if the people up top go out of business, it'll be long after firing everyone under them.

Thats a lot of animators, writers, music guys, and PR guys without jobs.

I mean where exactly are they going to get jobs? 4kids is basically about to go bankrupt, and Nick and Disney are becoming increasingly live action heavy, there aren't many opportunities.