PDA

View Full Version : Looking for templates

Kumori
2011-04-08, 11:46 PM
I'm building a character for a high level gestalt game and I'm in need of templates... I'm considering Evolved Undead because it is something that I didn't know existed until recently and I like it!. Before I go that route, I'm wondering if anyone knows of any other take- me-multiple-times-because-I-stack-with-myself-and-make-you-awesome templates.

Assuming there either aren't any, or aren't any that I want to go for, I'll need a way to change an Outsider into an intelligent Undead so that the character is eligible for Evolved Undead.

Anything from any sourcebook is welcome in this thread as even if it isn't an allowed source for this particular game I'd still like to expand my knowledge of what's out there.

JeminiZero
2011-04-09, 12:16 AM
Half-Dragon and Lycanthropy can both be taken multiple times (although not together, since Lycanthropy can only be applied to Humanoids and Giants but not Dragons). However, Lycanthropy is best used inherited, while Half-Dragon can ONLY be inherited, so you have to start with these templates, rather than picking them up as you level... UNLESS your DM allows Savage Species progression.

Outsiders can be turned into undead pretty much the same way as any other Humanoid. Necroplitan (template from LM), Lich or Walker in the Waste leading to Dry Lich (Sandstorm).

Also, See Emerald Legion in Sig. Undead type for all its immunities can't use Regen or Delay Death shenanigans. If starting at mid-high levels, you could try and swing an Air Racial Variant or Amphibious, Half-Gold Dragon Voidmind Troll at 6 RHD/11 LA, and then find an item/feat/class feature to add ferocity on top of that.

Kumori
2011-04-09, 01:26 AM
Outsiders aren't Humanoids, so they can take neither the Necropolitan nor Lich templates. Dry Lich and Walker in the Waste I'll have to look into, but not having Sandstorm might make that challenging.

Thanks for the input.

JeminiZero
2011-04-09, 01:58 AM
Ya'know I was almost certain that Lich could be applied to outsiders. But checking my sources, it seems that it specially requires the Lichfiend template from LM pg 156.

Which apparently has no listed LA, but has CR +0.

Dry Lich can be applied to any living creature. But instead of Outsider, consider using Fey (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9831740&postcount=12) instead.

mabriss lethe
2011-04-09, 02:15 PM
I'm a fan of Half-Farspawn from Lords of Madness. sure, you can only take it once, but its effects increase with hit dice and has nice ability score modifiers.