PDA

View Full Version : Street Fighter 4 Thread

Burner28
2011-04-09, 04:24 PM
Well I could not find a Street fighter 4 Thread and so have decided to do one( Super Street Fighetr 4 can also be talked about)

Mando Knight
2011-04-09, 04:27 PM
Helps to have actual content in the thread if you want one...

...I've played a bit of Street Fighter IV, but the version I'm looking forward to getting is Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition (along with the requisite 3DS). Seriously the best version of the game I've ever seen.

Burner28
2011-04-09, 04:35 PM
True but I did not know how to start it off properly

Weimann
2011-04-09, 04:40 PM
Helps to have actual content in the thread if you want one...

...I've played a bit of Street Fighter IV, but the version I'm looking forward to getting is Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition (along with the requisite 3DS). Seriously the best version of the game I've ever seen.I too am playing that right now; indeed, it was my main reason for buying the console. I've longed to have a proper Street Fighter game in my house for ages, but I've never had the right consoles.

Unfortunately my internet connection is too crappy to play online with, but I like playing arcade mode as well. Currently struggling with beating Medium difficulty. Damn those rivals.

Chun-Li ftw.

Burner28
2011-04-09, 04:43 PM
I mainly play Cammy, though others in the game are actually fun to play with in my opinion

Penguinizer
2011-04-09, 04:50 PM
Them TK Divekicks are so much fun to do. Anyways, has any Cody player figured out how the back throw forward roundhouse trick works properly? The timing I mean. If I've got it right. You immediately follow the throw with a forward roundhouse so your standing fierce hits meaty. It just doesn't really work out for me though. Does anyone know if it's really even worth trying?

Airk
2011-04-11, 11:46 AM
Them TK Divekicks are so much fun to do.

I thought they nerfed the TK dive kick in SSF4: AE (which the 3DS version is based on? Maybe not?) by giving all but the EX dive kick a minimum height requirement.

Maybe the 3DS version is actually just based on Super? IDK.

Penguinizer
2011-04-11, 12:47 PM
Just about all the tournaments other than SBO are run on Super though. Largely since I recall them saying AE won't be getting a console release.

Airk
2011-04-11, 02:53 PM
Just about all the tournaments other than SBO are run on Super though. Largely since I recall them saying AE won't be getting a console release.

Yeah, about that. (http://www.siliconera.com/2011/04/07/super-street-fighter-iv-arcade-edition-coming-to-consoles-as-downloadable-content/)

Seriously, did anyone ever think they weren't going to do this? When they said "No console release of SSF4:AE" they meant no DISC. As in no "whole new game" ala SF4->SSF4.

They might even be releasing it for the PC. (Note: It's essentially certain that the PC will get SSF4. The question is whether it'll get AE.)

Popertop
2011-04-12, 12:07 AM
I haven't gotten it yet, but I played Ibuki back when 3S was around, and I've been itching for a handheld fighter.

MoelVermillion
2011-04-13, 07:36 AM
Yeah, about that. (http://www.siliconera.com/2011/04/07/super-street-fighter-iv-arcade-edition-coming-to-consoles-as-downloadable-content/)

Seriously, did anyone ever think they weren't going to do this? When they said "No console release of SSF4:AE" they meant no DISC. As in no "whole new game" ala SF4->SSF4.

They might even be releasing it for the PC. (Note: It's essentially certain that the PC will get SSF4. The question is whether it'll get AE.)

Well the internet all seems pretty certain that they've done ahead and announced SSF4:AE for the PC later on in the year. I had trouble finding stuff that wasn't forum posts but I did end up finding this (http://www.capcom-unity.com/snow_infernus/blog/2011/04/12/captivate_2011:_super_street_fighter_iv_arcade_edi tion) post by Snow from Capcom. It sounds like it has been confirmed to be AE that the PC is getting.

Oh by the way I wasn't sure where else to put this but seeing as its Street Fighter related there is a new game play trailer for Street Fighter X Tekken (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSKidYxGzcQ). It looks (unsurprisingly) closer to a "versus" series game than a Street Fighter game when it comes to mechanics.

Airk
2011-04-13, 08:31 AM
Oh by the way I wasn't sure where else to put this but seeing as its Street Fighter related there is a new game play trailer for Street Fighter X Tekken (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSKidYxGzcQ). It looks (unsurprisingly) closer to a "versus" series game than a Street Fighter game when it comes to mechanics.

Huh; I haven't watched the trailer yet (will get back to it eventually) but I'm a little surprised by your assertion that it's like a "versus" game, because A) There is no "like a versus game" standard, since Capcom vs SNK was completely different from the Marvel vs Capcom series. B) It doesn't seem to make a lot of sense to me to use the MvC style of fighting when combining with Tekken, which is...really nothing like MvC.

I would've expected it to be more... "Capcom's take on 'Tekken Tag' with Street Fighter characters"... which is a bit more like the info I've read so far.

MoelVermillion
2011-04-13, 09:02 AM
Huh; I haven't watched the trailer yet (will get back to it eventually) but I'm a little surprised by your assertion that it's like a "versus" game, because A) There is no "like a versus game" standard, since Capcom vs SNK was completely different from the Marvel vs Capcom series. B) It doesn't seem to make a lot of sense to me to use the MvC style of fighting when combining with Tekken, which is...really nothing like MvC.

I would've expected it to be more... "Capcom's take on 'Tekken Tag' with Street Fighter characters"... which is a bit more like the info I've read so far.

Ah, Seth Killian refers to the MvC series in general as the "versus" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EysnJBzlEtg) series and I guess I just figured I'd go with it as hes from Capcom.

I've never really played much Tekken let along Tekken tag so its probably closest to those games but I can't comment. What I can say though is that the combos seem longer, the stages seem bigger, they have what looks like some serious wall bounces going on and I'm pretty sure I saw a DHC in the trailer. These are all things that are generally more common to MvC than SF but you could be right in saying its closer to Tekken Tag than either.

Burner28
2011-04-21, 03:52 PM
So who's your favourite character to play as?

Penguinizer
2011-04-21, 05:18 PM
Has anyone noticed how AE is basically like 3rd strike? Except it's Yang instead of Yun. That's all I've been hearing about it lately. Seems bothersome.

Airk
2011-04-21, 08:46 PM
Has anyone noticed how AE is basically like 3rd strike? Except it's Yang instead of Yun. That's all I've been hearing about it lately. Seems bothersome.

Like it in...what way? Dominated by a few characters?

Burner28
2011-04-29, 10:53 AM
Hey. I finally unlocked Akuma. Now I only have Gouken and Seth left to unlock.

Now I actually probably play Sakura and Balrog rather thanh Cammy.

Alsowhat do you guys think of Evil Ryu and Oni? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4sg9o0zoIw)

Edit: I finally unlocked Gouken and Seth.