PDA

View Full Version : PTA; The Niven Region. The Story Begins Part: I

Vknight
2011-04-09, 08:49 PM
THE NIVEN REGION

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g445/mixmastermax7/NivenRegion.png

It is around 8in the morning in the Niven Region as warm spring breeze comes down the fresh smell in the air of life. Many things are happening but the focus is for this story at 'Waterfork'

Some would be trainers are preparing for there humble beginings in there hometown, others are coming from other regions by boat or plane.

The peaceful village is moving. A pokemon center at the center of town next to the trainers school with is opposite the normal school. Kids that are more rebellious are out battling.

A small grey building rest far near the edge of town inside is a pokemon professor working away.
People are going to there jobs and various other things and soon the village will be clear everyone doing something.

At this fine time people are registering for the 'League Challenge' or 'Contests', with only a week left before entrance is no longer promitted.

At this time a group of 8will begin there journey.

Asdfth
2011-04-10, 10:50 AM
Eren arrives at Waterfork with Malinda wrapped around him. "Ah what a nice little village." Eren then goes looking around the village. Then he stops at a line of people and goes to see what is happening. Eren then goes and ask a person in line, " What is this line for?"

piemaster
2011-04-10, 01:32 PM
Kelsey motions toward the building at the end on the line and replies "Well that’s supposed to be were we get our training authentication thingies but at the rate this line is moving I'm starting to wonder if I'd be better off either taking my risks with the authorities or going back to spelunking for my money I mean really they expect us to-" She suddenly cuts her rant short "Sorry probably dont want to hear me blather on like that speaking of which what’s your name figure a conversation would help ease the boredom a bit"

Binks
2011-04-10, 02:12 PM
A short teen wearing a sleeved black cape a few people further back speaks up next. "That would be a bad idea. I don't think they'd be very happy if you went out without a license." he says, leaning out to talk.

Asdfth
2011-04-10, 02:26 PM
"Wait we need a license to own Pokemon but Malinda here has been my Pokemon for 2 years. This is most unusual. Oh well I guess rules are rules. Oh yes well to truly start a conversation we must introduce our self. My name is Eren Jaakko. Eren then bows to introduce. "As I said earlier this Malinda."

Vknight
2011-04-10, 02:28 PM
The line shifts and the 3people ahead of are heros enter well 3others leave. The doors now have non blocking the trainers ability to enter.

GFawkes
2011-04-10, 02:36 PM
Corvin moves to join the line, Iron resting on his head and munching on a piece of copper ore. Joining the line, he asks the last few people in it Is this were we sign up for the League Challenges?

Vknight
2011-04-10, 02:43 PM
The three that had previously entered leave rather quickly. Leaving the doors to the pokemon center open

Asdfth
2011-04-10, 02:48 PM
Apparently. Though I do find it weird that we need a license but eh." Eren looks at the line and see it is there turn. "Oh look I guess we can go in and register."

Asdfth
2011-04-10, 05:33 PM
Eren goes in and walks to the front desk. "Hello I am here to register for a license. For the 'League Challenge'"

piemaster
2011-04-10, 05:33 PM
As the trainer leaves Kelseys attention abruptly shifts to the pokemon center “Bout time don't know about you guys but I say it's time to get all this paperwork stuff over with” she then proceeds to walk into the building only to realize she had little idea what registering actually entailed.

The Bushranger
2011-04-10, 05:34 PM
"Paperwork is tedious, but unfortunatly necessary sometimes," says the red-haired girl who walks up behind them.

Vknight
2011-04-10, 05:55 PM
Well you all walk in you notice that this pokemon center is actually pretty small. To the left is a group of benches, in the back of the front room is the Nurse Joy, theres a door behind her, the nurse is working on the computer, an Audino is mopping were the phones are, on the benches is a man in a brown long coat a hat covering his face that is asleep next to him is a guitar case.

"Oh hello! Yes registering for The League Challenge or Contests?"

Asdfth
2011-04-10, 06:25 PM
Eren walk to the Nurse joy."Yes I am here to register for the League Challenge."

piemaster
2011-04-10, 06:32 PM
"Uhh the fighty one" Kelsey replies somewhat tentatively.

Binks
2011-04-10, 06:36 PM
"I am here to register for the League Challenge as well." Rach answers as he enters the center.

Overlord Rion
2011-04-10, 06:42 PM
It was fairly quiet within the Center, but everyone around would hear a very light sound. Almost like footsteps. It was slowly growing louder. Within a few moments, it was a thunderous sound. The source was a pair of green blurs heading straight towards the doors. The blurs eventually slowed down, revealing themselves as a boy and his Ralts. The pokemon looked stunned, as if his owner had taken off with no warning. Which he did.

"Is this where the registration stuff is?"

Vknight
2011-04-10, 07:47 PM
The Nurse Joy nods and smiles. "Yes this is were you can register if your particpating. Just hand me a Pokedex or Poketech so I can scan you into the system. Then just sign these papers, and your free to participate." She draws 4pieces of paper that have the standard information of death, injury, etc. She then draws a second item a small packet about 3pages long one for each of you. "Read these then sign please."

Asdfth
2011-04-10, 09:13 PM
Eren then reaches in his satchel and retrieves his Pokedex and and it to Nurse joy. "Here you go". He then takes the paper and reads through them and signs them. Then he reaches for the 3 paper packet and reads through it and signs off. He hands her the paper.

Vknight
2011-04-10, 09:46 PM
She scans it quickly and hands it back to you then takes the papers. "Well you are in, have fun."

GFawkes
2011-04-10, 10:23 PM
I'm also in for the League. Corvin offers his Pokedex and takes a copy of the forms, reading them over. After a few minutes and consultation with Iron, Corvin hands back the signed papers.

Vknight
2011-04-10, 10:34 PM
The Nurse Joy scans and takes your papers. At about that time the Audino finishes cleaning and goes into the back. The Joy turns to it "Audino, please get Lider his pokemon he's been waiting for some time."
The Audino nods and quickly enters the room to get the pokemon

Binks
2011-04-10, 10:40 PM
Rach reads through ands signs the papers the papers first, then reaches into a pocket behind his back and retrieves his pokedex. Handing both over to nurse joy with a smile he takes a moment to look over the others registering with him.

Overlord Rion
2011-04-11, 04:04 PM
"Awesome. Howard, grab the forms and give her this." Rion hands his Pokedex to Howard. Dutifully, it slid off his shoulder and headed to the Nurse Joy.

piemaster
2011-04-12, 09:25 AM
Kelsey hands the nurse her pokedex then slothfully looks over the papers "Ughh might as well get this over with"

The Bushranger
2011-04-12, 01:31 PM
"I'm registering for the League Challenge, I think," the red-haired girl says, as she hands over her Pokedex.

Vknight
2011-04-12, 05:05 PM
The Nurse Smiles scanning each dex, and handing papers to the trainers or pokemon. "Well each of you are set have a wonderful day."

The Audino comes back with a tray of pokeballs placing them on the sleeping man.

Binks
2011-04-12, 05:16 PM
Upon receiving his papers Rach steps out of the center to make room for others to go in and register. Turning back he addresses anyone of the group who registered around the same time. "I'm Rach by the way. Do you guys have any plans fire working towards the league? It's pretty dangerous out there I hear, might be a good idea to travel together, at least between towns."

piemaster
2011-04-12, 08:08 PM
Kelsey nods in agreement "Sounds good I could use some help with directions and I'm guessing you could use some protection...no offence of course."

GFawkes
2011-04-12, 08:29 PM
"And you both look like you could use help surviving in the wild. For the sake of not having to come back later with 'I told you so', I'm in." Corvin says. I'm Corvin, by the way, and this is Iron" he states, indicating the Aron on his head.

Asdfth
2011-04-12, 10:17 PM
"Well you know what they," there is safety in numbers" and with numbers I can say we are pretty safe." Eren then turned to the other people who he haven't introduced himself to. "Hello my name is Eren Jaakko. And this is Malinda."

Overlord Rion
2011-04-13, 11:26 AM
"And I'm Rion, pleasure to meet all of you!" This was accompanied by a slap on the back or a handshake, whichever Rion felt was best.

piemaster
2011-04-13, 09:18 PM
"Well I guess it could be nice to have something that’s not a pokemon to talk to for a little while." Kelsey chimes in nonchalantly "I'm Kelsey friends call me the battlegirl because I practically live for the martial arts, also they really suck at making nicknames."

The Bushranger
2011-04-14, 01:21 PM
"I'm Amanda," the red-haired girl says as she approaches the others, a Piplup waddling along behind her. "Do you mind if Skipper and I join you?"

Asdfth
2011-04-14, 05:08 PM
"Sure I don't see any problem with y'all coming with us." Eren then walks to the guy sleeping in the Pokemon Center. "Excuse me sir. Can you ask you a question? You see this is my first year trying to compete in the league. I was wondering if you could help us out and give us any advice."

Overlord Rion
2011-04-14, 07:08 PM
Rion was looking at Howard while the others were talking. He was going to have to catch something else besides Howard. Who ever of someone beating all the gyms with a psychic type?

"I'm thinking the first order of business is...where's the nearest gym?"

GFawkes
2011-04-14, 08:34 PM
"More importantly, what elemental focus does the gym have?" Corvin adds to Rion.

Vknight
2011-04-14, 09:27 PM
You hear a yawn from the sleeping man, he murmurs in his sleep.
The Nurse Joy is working upon the large stacks of papers from all the trainers registering, and from the fact the stacks reach her head she most likely would like to finish in peace.
The Audino is silently sitting and watching all of you with nothing more to do.

Asdfth
2011-04-14, 09:39 PM
"Well I think we wore out our welcome. I remember seeing a training school they must have some information on the gym leader."
Eren then walks out of the Pokemon Center and goes toward the Pokemon Training School. He goes to see some trainers and asks them, " Hello fellow trainers. Can you help me out? Do you know where the nearest gym is? Also do you know what type of Pokemon do these gym leaders use?

Vknight
2011-04-14, 09:44 PM
A smaller trainer turns to you he has a smaller blue bird upon his head.
He looks at you for a moment, "I think that its a Bug gym but some people say its a Dark gym."

Asdfth
2011-04-14, 10:02 PM
"Well thanks I guess. Do you know someone who absolutely knows where the closest gym is and it's type?"

piemaster
2011-04-14, 10:53 PM
"I'm getting the feeling these people aren't particularly well informed maybe we should try to shake down the next town over for info." Kelsey states rather flatly "no use trying to get water from a stone or however that saying went."

Binks
2011-04-14, 11:21 PM
"Perhaps we should quickly split up and check around before we leave? With each of us asking someone different and combining the information we might get something useful before we head out." Rach adds as he idly fiddles with his pokedex.

Samfool
2011-04-15, 12:11 AM
"Wait! Wait! WAIT!"

You all see Dorin sprinting toward the center.
Reaching his destination, he begins panting, one finger in the air to signify to wait.

A tiny little Happiny wriggles from his arms, hopping around, looking at all the other people, and the giggling hysterically. It turns around and hide behinds Dorin's leg.

"Whew! That was quite a run! Hopefully I am not late!" The boy asks. He goes on to explain, "I help my grandparents with the daycare in town, they gave me this Happiny, Sharylla! I want to go off on my own now, raise some pokemon of my own! Think I can sign up for the league still?"

"BrrrrrreeeEEE!" cries Sharylla happily, her master's smile is nearly as big as hers.

Binks
2011-04-15, 10:21 AM
"Probably, though it looked like the paperwork was piling up, so you might want to hurry. We were going to see if we could get some information from anyone around here about what a good starting point would be then head out to the next.town. Do you want to join us? Once you've registered if course." Rach says, smiling at the newcomer.

Samfool
2011-04-15, 01:40 PM
"Probably, though it looked like the paperwork was piling up, so you might want to hurry. We were going to see if we could get some information from anyone around here about what a good starting point would be then head out to the next.town. Do you want to join us? Once you've registered if course." Rach says, smiling at the newcomer.

"Oh, well my grandpa could probably help, he was a pokemon trainer too! He retired though, but he still probably knows the way to the first Gym.." Dorin says as he walks up to the nurse and begins signing up for his pokemon adventure. After he finishes, he motions for everyone to follow him,

"Come on, lets see what he knows." He says winking. The Happiny, still giggling in his left arm, and the other hand tilting down his hat to avoid the suns glare* (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKofewfeSoY)

Asdfth
2011-04-15, 03:30 PM
"Well I guess it couldn't hurt to go and see." Eren goes and follow Dorin.

Overlord Rion
2011-04-15, 04:27 PM
"Well, there goes my plan. Too bad. Let's go Howard." Rion scooped Howard up like one would a pile of clothing. Which is probably about how much he weighed to Rion.

piemaster
2011-04-16, 12:03 AM
"I'll come too I might have some questions to ask about this trainer stuff" Kelsey goes to follow Dorin.

Binks
2011-04-16, 01:36 AM
"Sure." Rach says with a shrug as he moves to follow.

Samfool
2011-04-16, 02:21 AM
Walking up to the ranch entrance, you see a very large sign that reads "Mala and Paul's Serene Daycare" in intricate letters and swirls. The road leading to the house was darkened by the trees, even though it was quite sunny out. Upon reaching the house, everyone was enthralled by the delicious smell emitting from a Vileplum sitting on a stump, being caressed by an old woman. The house itself was low to the ground, and very sleek. It has a flat, black roof and a mahogany-colored wood siding. The doors looked like they were made of brass, and were even cool to the touch. Out behind the house, was a fenced in forest with many trees, and even a lake. It was quite beautiful.

"What do you think? Grampa did a good job huh? Nothing like a convincing paint job and a little elbow grease!" Dorin says happily, "Lets god inside.. Oh hey Grandma!"

Vknight
2011-04-16, 04:49 PM
The bent of the elderly women turns she smiles patting the Vileplume in a soothing manner. "Why hello there Dorin, back from adventure so soon?"

Samfool
2011-04-16, 04:55 PM
"No, just starting actually. Meet my new friends! I need to go find grandpa.." Dorin says, running off into the distance to an old man in the middle of a field.

The Bushranger
2011-04-16, 05:39 PM
Amanda nods politely to the woman as Dorin introduces them, but remains fairly quiet.

Vknight
2011-04-16, 06:24 PM
"Alsways so energetic that boy. Come 'Petal' lets met are guests." She turns to the group of trainers a grin upon her face.

-For Those Going to the Back-

The old man is working in the back with an Aggron helping him till the earth for planting.
A Luxray with 3legs moves from beside Dorin's grandfather to check these strange new arrivails.

Asdfth
2011-04-16, 06:36 PM
Eren bows to the old lady. "Hello please to meet you. My name is Eren Jaakko."

Samfool
2011-04-17, 01:11 AM
"Hey! You guys! Come back here!" Dorin yells to the others.

After they all come to the back, they see a large, grass circle in front of them.

"Look! It is an arena! Gramps wants us all to bat-"

"I can speak for myself you dang whiper-snapper!" Dorin's Grandfather yells, cutting the boy off, "I wanna see how you kids fight. I cant have any grandson of mine walking around with unfit trainers! That could get you killed."

Eying each and every one of you, he continues to say, "Well, get in line! We are going to have ourselves an old-fashion tournament!"

After lining everyone up, at random he picks who will fight first;

First Round!
Battle 1: [roll0]-Kelsey Williams vs [roll1]-Rion
Battle2: [roll2]-Corvin vs [roll3]-Amanda
Battle 3: [roll4]-Dorin vs [roll5] Eren Jaackko
Rach gets a By
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Winners Bracket-
1: Winner of Battle One vs Winner of Battle Two
2: Winner of Battle Three vs Rach

Loser Bracket-
1: Loser of Battle One vs Loser of Battle Two
Loser of Battle Three gets a By
Winner of 1 vs Winner of 2

Loser of 1 vs Loser of Battle Three (First Round)
And for S's and G's, Winner of Winner Final vs Winner of Loser Final

Sound Good?

"You, girly! And you, the one with the Ralts, lets go!"

Binks
2011-04-17, 03:40 PM
Rach takes a seat with the other spectators. Pulling a pokeball to his hand from inside his sleeve he contemplates it momentarily then opens it, releasing a slightly undersized Ghastly who floats next to him. "Come on Phant, might be something good for you to learn from this." he says, turning to watch the battle.

piemaster
2011-04-17, 09:34 PM
Kelsey shouts "Guess there’s no way I'm gonna get anywhere with this pokemon battling thing if I don't actually start lets go brawn!" as she throws the pokeball containing the makuhita.

GFawkes
2011-04-17, 10:52 PM
Corvin sits down with the rest, eager to learn about his new wards. "Keep a close eye, Iron. Focus on their weakness and seek to improve."

Asdfth
2011-04-18, 12:24 AM
Eren finds a seat and sits down. "Well this should be interesting. Malinda we shall observe and find the flaws and use it against them."

Overlord Rion
2011-04-18, 01:23 PM
Well, a battle this soon was certainly not what he was expecting. But how would Howard get any stronger if he didn't battle? "Well, Howard, it's time to show your stuff. Get ready to be impressed guys!"

Samfool
2011-04-19, 10:37 AM
You release your pokemon and you stand there awkwardly..

The old man facepalms and yells, "No! No! No! Thats not how you do it at all!"

He proceeds to grumble and shout, moving you to opposite sides of circle and making you return your pokemon (if they were in a ball in the first place). All the while, Dorin was scanning the Ralts with his pokedex. After a minute or two of fussing about, he finally stands at his referee position.

"You start there, then release your pokemon." He says, obviously annoyed, "After that, give it an order, an attack. Then your pokemon will hash it out! Either trainer can go first, cause it doesnt matter, whichever pokemon is the fastest, thats the one that will go first!"

"Any questions? Good! Didnt think so!
Let the Battle Begin!"

The Bushranger
2011-04-19, 12:58 PM
Amanda watches, a bit of a frown on her face, her Piplup peeking out from behind her legs.

Asdfth
2011-04-19, 03:41 PM
Eren sits waiting for the battle to start. While waiting he scans Ralts, Aron, Piplup, Ghastly, Happiny, and was about to scan Makuhita before it was returned.

Samfool
2011-04-20, 11:02 PM
"Actually, grandpa, do you think I could show them how it is done? Sharlla here is getting jumpy.." Dorin says as the Happiny leaps up onto his head and begins chewing on his hat.

"Meh, fine, you, the one scanning everyone's pokemon, lets go!" Yells the old man.

Kelsey will be AFI (Away From the Internet) so I figure I would show you guys how it is done!

Dorin stands on the opposite side of the battle circle, motioning for Eren to come on up.

Asdfth
2011-04-21, 12:31 AM
Eren gets up and Malinda uncoils itself to walk on the ground. "Okay lets go Malinda lets get this started." He proceeds to move to the opposite side of the ring. "Okay Dorin lets go."

Samfool
2011-04-21, 12:53 AM
The old man stands in the referee section and calls out for the battle to start.

"Go Sharlla! Give 'em a little taste of your Charm attack!" Dorin yells, pulling off his hat to show his grey-brown hair. The Happiny leaps forward..

You may post your trainer actions at the beginning of each turn before the pokemon move, which is right now. Normally the DM will say what happens to the pokemon, and we make the rolls.

Asdfth
2011-04-21, 01:11 AM
"Malinda Thunder Wave to counter"
OOC
Well since my speed is 3 you go 1st. Also remember your accuracy roll.

Samfool
2011-04-25, 11:52 AM
Totally forgot

I am already DMing 3 games as is..

Here is my roll-

[roll0]

Asdfth
2011-04-27, 03:19 PM
"Malinda give him a taste of your leer."

[roll0]

Vknight
2011-04-28, 03:23 AM
With a happy chirp the Happiny seems to move the heart of its attack only to get a strong leer in response.

Binks
2011-04-28, 09:34 AM
Rach turns to observe the others watching the fight. Hmm...I should probably try to get to know these people. he thinks as he glances back to the fight.

"Sooo. What made you guys want to be pokemon trainers?" he asks.

Samfool
2011-04-28, 10:46 AM
"Alright Sharlla! Lets try some thing a little more free-form this time!" Dorin says,

"Here we go again.." His grandpa sighs.

"Use Metronome!"

Lets see if this works..

[roll0]

It did! I use the corresponding move on the link I put on my sheet.

Overlord Rion
2011-04-28, 03:55 PM
"You know, Maybe it's for the best that I don't fight first."

Rion whispered to Howard "You don't really know anything useful right now anyway." He turned around at the other players, but not before scanning the pokemon that were out. He stopped for a moment to answer the question posed. "Easy. Mom made me do it. I just liked the idea."

Speaking of that, how many are out?

Vknight
2011-04-28, 05:12 PM
Well gramps has forced you each to send out a pokemon for the tournament so all of them. Along with his Aggron, Luxray, and Vileplume

piemaster
2011-04-30, 10:52 AM
Kelsey sighs then replies somewhat mutedly "Apparently selling things you find lying around caves isn’t quite profitable enough to support a one person house."

The Bushranger
2011-05-03, 12:38 AM
"Hey, you OK?" Amanda asks Kelsey, moving over and noticing the quiet words, if not understanding exactly what was said.

piemaster
2011-05-03, 10:45 PM
"Oh right sorry didn't mention it, I explore caves and collect rare minerals for a living...or at least I used to" Kelsey responds

Binks
2011-05-03, 11:09 PM
"Cool!" is Rach's response to Kelsey's explanation. "Did you ever run into any aggressive Pokemon while exploring caves?"