PDA

View Full Version : Rituals

Ignatius
2011-04-10, 06:55 AM
Can anyone tell me where in the PHB or DMG it says anything about how many rituals you start with when making a character of a higher starting level?

RebelRogue
2011-04-10, 08:01 AM
Can anyone tell me where in the PHB or DMG it says anything about how many rituals you start with when making a character of a higher starting level?
You have to buy ritual scrolls for your starting gold and scribe them into your ritual book.

Noneoyabizzness
2011-04-10, 08:08 AM
for wizards bonus level based rituals are mentioned in phb1 pg 158, bards only get their first 2 free

RebelRogue
2011-04-10, 08:43 AM
for wizards bonus level based rituals are mentioned in phb1 pg 158
Wow, never noticed that before. I've never played a 4e wizard, so that's probably why.

Ignatius
2011-04-10, 08:41 PM
Thanks for that! I was staring at that page for ages before I posted and still didnt see it!

Doug Lampert
2011-04-12, 01:26 PM
You have to buy ritual scrolls for your starting gold and scribe them into your ritual book.

Eh? 4th edition, you CANNOT copy a scroll into your book, it's explicit in the rules for scrolls.

Published in Player's Handbook 1, page 298
Limitation: Even though a ritual scroll lets you perform a ritual, you can neither master a ritual from a scroll nor copy a scroll into a ritual book. A scroll is a condensed version of a ritual, partially cast and primed so that it only takes up a single page.

You copy from someone else's ritual book. Cost comes out of your starting cash except for rituals that come free from a class.

DougL

Gillric
2011-04-12, 01:33 PM
The only other way to get a ritual is if your DM happens to give a book with a ritual already scribed into it as part of your loot.