PDA

View Full Version : Traveller: Pointers for Running a Naval game (T5)

golentan
2011-04-10, 01:56 PM
Pretty much exactly what it says on the tin. I'm thinking of setting a naval game in the spinward marches for an in person group. I was going to give the players a cruiser intended for independent action and set them loose with orders to patrol X and Y systems in the Spinward Marches and keep the peace.

I was thinking of starting them off with police actions against some inordinately well equipped pirates (I've written them up as bankrolled by the the Zhodani as part of a false flag operation to soften the border in preparation for war), run some humanitarian aid and maybe a couple of interventions at the behest of planetary governors, and then maybe have them fighting in the fifth frontier war. The thing is... I want to have a lot of ship to ship combat, but I want it more detailed and personal then the rules from high guard seem intended to run.

Anyone have any advice for that? Any really interesting adventure starters I may be overlooking?

Niceman
2011-09-30, 12:49 AM
I'm a huge fan of Traveller and I just discovered this thread. Might I ask how your game is going?