PDA

View Full Version : (AD&D 1st Edition) Adding Pokemon to tabletop games

Nihilistic_One
2011-04-10, 04:24 PM
I am new here, so bear with me, but I just came up with an idea that could certainly help spice up a dull campaign. My idea was creating a homebrew system for allowing characters to catch or even play as pokemon! Any suggestions?

Nihilistic_One
2011-04-11, 06:36 PM
To start everyone off, here are some basic things I have come up with for a Pokemon Trainer class.*d4 hit dice
*Humans, Elves, and Half-Elves allowed to become part of this class.
*+1 bonus to hit with thrown weapons *Ability to research póke balls as a wizard does spells.
Any other ideas?

AtlanteanTroll
2011-04-11, 06:48 PM
Im not familiar with AD&D, but their are many attempts at creating 3.5 versions of D&D w/ Pokemon. None have ever been completed (to my knowledge) but Im sure you could find influence around the web.

Nihilistic_One
2011-04-11, 07:34 PM
Im not familiar with AD&D, but their are many attempts at creating 3.5 versions of D&D w/ Pokemon. None have ever been completed (to my knowledge) but Im sure you could find influence around the web.

I tried that, but I realized that it's so much easier to get a group of people to come up with ideas rather than trying to convert material made for 3.X edition to 1st edition.