PDA

View Full Version : IC: War of the Burning Sky 4th Edition

Umbranar
2011-04-10, 04:45 PM
{table=head]Player | Character | Race/Class | Role
Baldin | Doran Redleaf (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=289616) | Half-Orc Barbarian | Striker
Bridgar |Morgran (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=289173)| Dwarf Battlemind | Defender
Just Ice |Pallas Anasuya (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=289118)| Human Invoker | Controller
Lemonus |Pelaios Therai (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=289444)| Tiefling Paladin | Defender
]icastflare[/S]|Aramin Pruitt (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=289504)| Shifter Cleric | Leader
Shadowcaller |Sarah Theradian (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=282556)| Dragonborn Sorcerer | Striker
[/table]

Its nearly New Years Eve and on your travels you stopped by the town of Gate Pass to resupply. Sadly as you want to leave the next morning the City has been locked down. No one may enter or leave, because of an impending evasion. During that day every stranger in town is picked up by the guard and rumors go that they are interrogating them. You have managed to remain hidden within the city because of the help of people from the "Rebellion". You dont know the details but have been given a note from a female Cleric named Torrent. She wants to meet with you inside The Poison Apple Pub just before midnight. She asks you to enter through the alley.

You encounter no guards or soldiers on your way to the Pub and with the incoming invasion the New Year`s Festivities seem to be muted.

The pub is a two-story building attached by
a rooftop bridge to an abandoned house on
the right. A stable is to the building’s left. The
front door and windows are boarded up, and
the curtains are drawn. An Official Notice is posted on its door:

“Trehan Finner, owner of the Poison Apple Pub,
has been taken into temporary custody under
the protection of the city guard, until such time
that he can be questioned by representatives
of the Ragesian Empire and found innocent
of hostile collusion. The Poison Apple Pub is
hereby closed until further notice.”

The alleys on both sides of the pub are littered
with debris and the fetor of drunkenness. An
overhead bridge shadows a door on right side
and the alley is blocked at the end by refuse
and broken furniture. The alley by the stable to
the left opens to the back of the building.

When you knock on the door, a moment passes and then it cracks open. A tall well-tanned woman with short white hair peeks out into the alleyway and looks both ways. ""Aah you must be the ones i have summoned, i am Torrent. Please hurry inside."

The darkened pub appears empty, its
many tables and chairs pushed to one wall
and covered with sheets. A single table with
enough chairs for all of you sits in the middle
of the room. A small oil lamp and a keg sit on
top of it, along with several mugs. Unless the
shadows beyond hide more, your group and
the woman are the only people in the room.

The Poison Apple Pub:
http://img860.imageshack.us/img860/8530/ambushfirstfloor.png
1=Common Room
2=Coat Closet
3=Kitchen
4=Storage Room

You entered through the door on the east side.
The X`s mark debris. This is Difficult Terrain.

Bridgar
2011-04-10, 05:33 PM
"Don't mind if I do." replied Morgran gruffly. "I wouldn't mind the ale, either." Morgran brushes past the old woman and enters the room. Plopping down on one of the seats, he grabs a mug and quickly fills it to take a drink. All the while, he's scoping out the intentions of the strange old crone.

Insight:[roll0]

Shadowcaller
2011-04-10, 05:48 PM
"Hmph, the sooner I get out this dump the better." The dragonborn says as she enters, having to duck a bit to even come through the door.

She doesn't take a seat, chairs are usually not adapted to neither her tail or her size after all, instead she leans against a nearby wall. Her tail slumping against the floor.

"So why are we here?" Sarah demands, sounding quite impatient.

Sarah does not waste time on insight:smalltongue:

Just_Ice
2011-04-10, 06:36 PM
Well met, Torrent. 'Tis a good omen that we should gather at the same time." Anasuya wipes the dust from a chair before gracefully sliding her posterior onto its rough wooden grooves.

Looking around her, she thought to herself. These folk have the look of mercenaries. 'Twoud I but couple that with the state of this inn, and I can tell that things are more dangerous than the pastor anticipated...

Umbranar
2011-04-10, 06:59 PM
Seems there is some confusion about Torrent so here`s a drawing:
http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/6687/torrentk.png

Insight: You think she is part of the Rebellion, looking at her gear you think she must be a cleric and clearly one of Melora.

After the whole group has entered she all beckons you to sit at the table.
She picks up the keg and pours beer in all the mugs, sliding them towards each of you.

While you are settling down, the woman
picks up a mug of beer and speaks.“Good
evening, all. Again, my name is Torrent. Thanks for
coming,” She gestures towards the keg and
mugs, and with a wan smile says, “Have a drink.
Just because we’re about to go to war doesn’t
mean we can’t celebrate the New Year.” She
then takes a pull of her mug and sits down. For
a few minutes, through small talk and friendly
banter, the New Year is celebrated."

On the background you hear bells chiming throughout the city, marking the arrival of the new year.

Torrent grimaces, straightens in her chair
and bitterly sighs, “That’s one year gone.” She
shakes her head a little, then looks over the
table towards you and quietly says, “I guess it’s
time to get down to business.
“The city’s in trouble. The Ragesian army is
marching on us, and will most likely be here
tomorrow. Before then, we have a mission."

“I used to study at a magic academy to the
south, called Lyceum. They’re good people.
So when word reached them about Ragesia’s
‘Scourge,’ they sent out messages calling for
anyone fleeing Ragesia to come to them. They
want to stand against the Ragesians, and the
resistance wants their help. We just need to
get a message to them."

“Normally we would have sent something
by teleporting courier, but something strange
is going on with planar magic. The last courier
who teleported into Gate Pass, well, rumor is
that he showed up burnt to a crisp. Not that
I have that sort of magic anyway, but if we’re
going to talk to Lyceum, we’re going to have
to go overland. And that’s a problem, because
the city’s walls are sealed."

“Ever since their emperor died, the Ragesians
have been trying to show that they’re not
weak, and they’re marching an army in our
direction because the mountain pass we’re
in is apparently ‘strategically valuable.’ Either
way, a few idiots on the city council want to
negotiate with the Ragesians, and rumor is
they’re going to invite a group of Inquisitors
into the city to look for ‘magic-users who are
hostile to the empire.’ They’ve sealed the gates
of the city so no one can escape, to make sure
they look like they’re cooperating, and only
military personnel can get in or out.

“We’re going to have to get out of the city,
and I’m open to suggestions on how. Once
we’re out, I can get us safely to Lyceum, but
before we get ahead of ourselves, we have a
mission tonight."

“The short version is that we’ve got to
meet a contact — a gnome named Rivereye
Badgerface — in about an hour at a guarded
depository about a half-mile from here. He’s
carrying a case of vital military intelligence
which he stole from the Ragesian palace, and
the heads of the resistance think that it needs
to reach Lyceum. We’ve got to get that case,
get out of the city, and get far away from here
before the idiot city council lets the Ragesian
Inquisitors in. Once that happens, the odds of
us escaping are —” she finishes off her mug of
beer in one long guzzle “— slim."

“I know I’d love to stay here and fight against
the Ragesians, but I’m no soldier, and this
mission might be more important. Worst
case, you get away from the Ragesians and
we can part ways a few days down the road.
Best case, you can come with me to Lyceum,
and we come back with an army of our own
to drive off the Ragesians. But we’ve got to act
fast either way.
“Are you ready for this?”

Sorry for the annoying color but it was likely no player would pick it and it suits the character :P

Just_Ice
2011-04-10, 07:19 PM
After enjoying the merriment of the evening (and a single mug of the abandoned mead), Torrent's tale was a sobering one. Thinking critically of the next possible step they could take, Pallas Anasuya posed some

"Perhaps fortune is not, indeed, in our favour," she contemplated with a sweep of her delicate arm, "but that simply means we must make haste. I do not begin to indulge in the idea that I understand this city, but could we not procure military papers, or stage a diversion of some sort?

Direct confrontation shouldst be our last option when faced with these Ragesian-supporting hardliners; I fear what action they may take when threatened."

As she finished, the cleric cleared her throat and slowed her breathing. In over her head, she would need to think calmly and rationally to have any chance at success.

Lemonus
2011-04-10, 07:22 PM
Pelaios comes in late, but is able to hear Torrent's description of the what's going on. "I apologize for my lateness" he says as he enters and takes a seat.

Shadowcaller
2011-04-10, 07:41 PM
Sarah appears to listen to what Torrent have to say and nods briefly as she is done, walking over to the cleric and places her large hands on the table Torrent is sitting at, towering over her. "Not that we seems to have much of a choice with everything you have claimed here cleric, but I will ask you this. How much are you paying me? My services are not for free." The dragonborn grins, her sharp teeth showing and her eyes gleaming with greed.

Intimidate roll [roll0]

Lemonus
2011-04-10, 07:52 PM
Pelaios looks over at Sarah and exclaims "We should be glad to help these people in their time of need!"

Just_Ice
2011-04-10, 08:04 PM
Anasuya calmly reached her arms out towards the paladin and the sorceress. "Please, noble tiefling, if we were all motivated the same as thee, this war would not be happening at all. If her... enthusiasm... is any indicator, her service would be worth a fair earning, methinks."

Diplomacy roll:[roll0]

Shadowcaller
2011-04-10, 08:25 PM
The dragonborn turns to glance at Pelaios and Anasuya, "I would love to help these people out of course but I would also love to get paid for it." She says with a smile. "We need to buy equipment to complete this mission after all, isn't that right?"

Lemonus
2011-04-10, 08:34 PM
"Well, all I need is my shield, my armor, my sword, and my faith in Bahamut. But if you need equipment, then I guess some funding might help." Says Pelaios to Sarah.

Just_Ice
2011-04-10, 08:42 PM
Anasuya smiled radiantly at this mutual understanding. "See you now, warrior of the Silver Dragon? Her intentions are not so maligned."

Extending them both her hand, and resting the other upon her lap, she greets them, ""Well met, the both of thee. I am Pallas Anasuya, Sister of Pelor from the chapter at Griffin's Roost. May Pelor and Io shower fortune on our endeavours together."

Shadowcaller
2011-04-10, 08:59 PM
"Sarah." The dragonborn simply states in reply, not really caring for any gods at all. "A pleasure I'm sure, all I really need is my magic after all." She claims as a flame briefly appears within the palm of her hand to then disappear the next moment.

Lemonus
2011-04-10, 09:10 PM
Pelaios extends his hand to Anasuya and shakes it firmly. "Hello. My name is Pelaios Therai. I serve Bahamut in hopes of redeeming myself for the evil acts committed by my ancestors."

Baldin
2011-04-11, 01:55 AM
Doran took up a drink for himself aswell and after everyone has done their saying introduces himself: "My name is Doran Redleaf, i've been living in Gate Pass all my life, like Sarah i'm one for hire, though right now i think its more important we get out of the city"

Doran looks like a man you hear of in wild stories about barbarians and such wild folk, though he looks much more sober, the only thing that might interest you is that he doesn't look totally human but in fact is a half-orc.

Just_Ice
2011-04-11, 03:41 AM
The sudden arrival of the Half-Orc shocked Pallas, and she nearly yelped before catching herself and re-gaining her composure.
"'Tis... 'Tis good to make thy acquaintance, brave warrior. It may, however, be dangerous to linger in such an accessible forum; though it be barred, it is clear to my sight that we are not safe here. Thus, let us be quick in deciding our actions. I would like to hear from our dwarven friend; it is said the wisdom and lore of the dwarves has decided the fate of many nations."

Bridgar
2011-04-11, 07:19 AM
After quietly contemplating the offer, Morgran bangs his empty mug on the table. "I've seen many a war and this is nothing new. Weak leaders have often shut their people into the city to 'protect' them. I think that if this situation is to be recovered from, we must act quickly and decisively. Let's move right away." Morgran rises and gives a slight bow to Torrent. "Thank you, m'am. I expect you can pay my fee. I don't work for free and my services are quite valuable, but I can give you a discount for your noble cause." Morgran extends his hand to shake with Torrent. "Five-thousand gold."

Shadowcaller
2011-04-11, 07:29 AM
The sorceress stares at Morgran, snorts, trails of smoke escaping her nostrils and then bursts out into a loud chuckle.

"Your right human, this truly is the 'wisdom that decides the fate of many nations', to get paid enough!" Sarah mentions to Pallas as she continues to laugh, seemingly very amused by the dwarf's offer.

Umbranar
2011-04-11, 08:29 AM
Torrents listens to the discussion quietly. When asked about the payments she stands up: "I think you didnt hear me correctly. ALL magic-users will be picked up on sight and given to the inquisitors. That includes the divine casters like me. Payment....How much do you think the inquisitors will pay for the honor of slicing open your wrists in their torture chambers. Not only magic users will suffer, but all strangers in town and all that pose a risk for the Ragesians and everyone who associates with magic users.

She looks you in the eyes, one at the time, while saying this. Sarah notices a angry look in her eyes when their eyes meet, but you surely see a hint of fear in that look.

When she is done, you all notice the bells have stopped chiming.
Distant thuds can be heared, as if ripe fruit is falling from trees, nut a bit more metallic than that.
Doran, suddenly hears the floorboards above him creaking, as if people are walking on the second floor.
Suddenly you hear a man`s voice shouting: Front Door, GO!.
Right after that the front door crashes open and you see 6 man with a battering ram standing at the other side of what has been a door just a moment ago.
You also hear the barking of Dogs behind the alley door, which you entered early this night.

As the men drop the battering Ram, the one in the middle yells: ""Drop your weapons and come quietly. We dont want to break your valuable little heads." Its clearly an other voice of which you heard shouting before.
Torrents replies with a grin on her face: "Just try it, buddy".

http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/9926/ambushfirstfloorstart.png
D=Doron
M=Morgran
P=Pallas
Pe=Pelaios
A=Aramin
S=Sarah
To=Torrent
T=Thug
R=Recruit

Initiative:

Players and Torrent
Enemies

Shadowcaller
2011-04-11, 03:59 PM
Sarah snorts loudly as the humans dare to tell her to surrender, almost looking like she is about to start laughing again at their demands.
Then she let's her teeth show again and approaches the door without a sound, moving past Aramin. That is until she opens her mouth with a roar and let's out a breath of fire at the incoming soldiers.

Then as soon the spray of fire have faded lighting bursts from her mouth right at the thugs.

Sarah moves to the square where the door the enemies will enter is.
Once she is there she will use dragon breath as a minor action against their reflex save in a 3x3 blast in front of her.
After that she will use lighting breath as a standard action in the same blast zone (3x3). Her staff expertise should avoid attacks of opportunity from the enemies.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

In case they are hit:
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9]
[roll10]
[roll11]

Then she uses her lighting breath against their reflex save as well:

[roll12]
[roll13]
[roll14]
[roll15]
[roll16]
[roll17]

Damaged halved if the attack misses.

[roll18]
[roll19]
[roll20]
[roll21]
[roll22]
[roll23]

Once that is done she takes a step backwards two squares behind her, seemingly a bit exhausted, a ring of lighting forming around her.

icastflare!
2011-04-11, 04:12 PM
Aramin was at the table,sitting quietly while the others talked. When the guards arrive, he gets up from the table. Looks like we will be starting this New Year in quite the violent way. He moves toward the door, bastard sword in hand. He prepares for enemies to swarm in.

He moves 2 squares west, waiting to get some opportunity attacks in as the funnel in.
EDIT: He then uses Total defense incase there is a survivor.
Move action: move 2 squares west.
Standard action. Uses Total defense.

Just_Ice
2011-04-11, 04:22 PM
Pallas Anasuya shifted her eyes back and forth. Torrent's ultimatum had basically restricted any possibility of negotiations, and Sarah's forthright disposition had sealed their group's intentions. Slightly annoyed, she pursed her lips before rising to do what had to be done.

Stepping quick to her chair and resting one foot on the table, Anasuya raises her arms - first towards the interlopers, but then rising higher. She settles for the overhang on the door, rickety and in worse repair than the rest of the inn. Having no further reason to hide her divine power, she fires a beam of light from her extended palms.

She fires Sun Strike at the top of the doorframe to shower stone and wood on the entering group. Sun strike pushes targets one square.

Attack & Damage against door beam: Attack Roll: [roll0] vs reflex
Damage Roll: [roll1]

Yes, I know this is not a standard attack; if this is unacceptable, I will do a traditional attack; I will use Summons of Justice Instead against the two enemies I can see best, pulling them towards us.

Attack & Damage against Thug, Lower-left recruit Attack Roll1: [roll2] Damage Roll1: [roll3]
Attack Roll2: [roll4] Damage Roll2: [roll5]

Umbranar
2011-04-11, 04:22 PM
When the wave of fire from Sarah`s breath is gone, three men lie in the ground, burned to a crisp.

The survivors return an angry scowl only to be shocked to death by the second breath. One man remains standing, most of his clothes burned, his hair smoking slightly. He carries a hand axe on his belt and a sap in his hand.

While you were close to the front door you could see another big man, sitting on a horse, outside. Hidden under grey plate armor is a tightly muscled man, his armor worn from many battles and marked with symbols of sacred honor. His eyes have a darkness like a judge laying sentence. A broken helmet, cloven in the face, hangs from his belt. A raven stands on his right shoulder, staring at you with black eyes.

http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/1619/kathor.png
Map Round one:
http://img543.imageshack.us/img543/6551/map4r.png

Baldin
2011-04-11, 04:58 PM
Doran charges to the doorway and swings his Greataxe with 2 hands "You will regret threatening us!"

charge to the doorway and use Howling strike

(1d20+7)[21] to vs ac

on hit

[roll0] + [roll1] dmg

Baldin
2011-04-11, 04:59 PM
ooc: dice roller problem here=/

if hit dmg = [roll0] + [roll1]

Umbranar
2011-04-11, 05:02 PM
The thug dodges the Sun strike, but takes a huge blow from Doran`s axe, leaving him bloodied.

Bridgar
2011-04-11, 05:11 PM
Disregard this post.

Umbranar
2011-04-11, 05:22 PM
Torrent Takes up a position between Sarah and the stairs, focusing her attention on what might come down from them.

"I got your backs, make sure to be ready if something gets through the alley door"

As Morgran rushes to the door, the thug looks at you anticipating your incoming attack. You hit him but you cant seem to puncture his armor.

Bridgar
2011-04-11, 05:31 PM
Morgran: 33/33 hp, 2/2 pp, 13/13 surges, 1 AP
AC 19, Fort 14, Reflex 12, Will 16

Morgran moves to the door in aiding his allies. With every step, he grows heavier, the wood floor creaking under him. Upon arrival, he makes a great swing with his hammer and bellows a battle cry.

Move Action: Move to the NW of the thug
Minor Action: Battlemind's Demand
Mark the thug
Standard Action: Iron Fist
(1d20+8)[15] vs thug's AC
(1d10+6)[13] damage
Resist 4 vs all until EoNT

Lemonus
2011-04-11, 07:31 PM
Pelaios, initially unsure of what to do, moves out the alley door at the horseman, hitting him hard with his scimitar.

Move to NE of the horseman
Attack him with Enfeebling Strike:
CHA Vs. AC
Attack Roll: [roll0]

Damage Roll: [roll1]

Effect: The horseman takes a -2 to attack rolls until the end of my next turn.

Umbranar
2011-04-12, 06:08 AM
When you open the alley door, you see 4 dogs standing in the alley directly in front of the door. They look vicious and trained for battle. With them is a man, wielding a handaxe.

Changing your target to the first dog you see, if thats ok with you. You hit and slay the dog, leaving 3 others standing.

Enemies turn:

The remaining dogs move to attack Pelaios at the command of the Thug thats with them, but you hold them at bay with your shield.

The Thug at the front door, drops his sap, seemingly he abandons the idea of non-lethal combat. He draws his axe and attacks Doran. He hits you in the leg, resulting in a nasty wound. Doran takes 7 damage from the hit.After the attack he seems to suffer more damage from an unknown source and drops to the ground as if slain. Morgran had him marked and he attacked someone else. This means he takes 7 damage (the damage he did to Doran)

The Horseman seems to back offs, now standing at the other side of the street. His horse does seem to be frightened, clearly not trained as a warhorse.

From the stairs you hear someone coming down, and a man with a crossbow shows up, firing at torrent. As he lines up his shot Torrent ducks the bolt. She has been ready for this it seems and moves towards her attacker.

Right after he arrives at the first floor you hear a loud explosion, shaking the building. Two other men run down, covered in oil and flames, dropping to the ground as the tumble off the stairs burning. They do not seem to be alive anymore.

Burning oil seeps through the ceiling above you. Everyone dodges the fiery liquid except for Morgran who is hit by a big splash. Attacks everyone on the first floor. Hit Morgran results in 3 fire damage. Though you have resistance of 4, so that means no damage.

Those not engaged in melee combat can see that the ceiling is weakened after the blast, it can come crashing down any moment.

New Map:

http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/6892/map10r.png
Sc=scout
w=weak ceiling, aka you expect it could collape any moment. Probably in a 5x5 area with the W as center.

Map of round 2 after Doran`s, Pelaios` and Sarah`s actions.

OOC: The players can react now, its your groups turn.

Baldin
2011-04-12, 06:38 AM
Doran runs to the scout and uses uses his at-will power Pressing strike shifting left of the scout and ending up in front of the stairs.

Looking into his eyes you see that his own blood fuels his anger.

move action to behind Torrent then standard action with pressing strike to end up in front of the stairs

[roll0]
if hit dmg
[roll1]

if he dies
+gaining 3 temp hp trough rageblood Vigor

Lemonus
2011-04-12, 07:09 AM
Pelaios strikes out against another dog.

Attack: Bolstering Strike
CHA VS.AC
[roll0]

Damage:
[roll1]

Effect: I gain temporary hit points equal to my Wisdom modifier.

Umbranar
2011-04-12, 07:18 AM
Both Doran and Pelaios miss their targets. Doran does get passed the scout with no trouble, which suprices him as he it wasnt his intention to let you pass.

As Doran stands at the bottom of the stairs you see that the 2nd floor is ablaze. Smoke and fire swirl around as it is fed by air coming through the enormous gap in the roof.

Shadowcaller
2011-04-12, 07:21 AM
Dodging the fiery liquid, Sarah doesn't appear to be in the happiest of moods, that fire had almost ruined her clothing!
At least the ones in the front door had paid for their foolishness, but that man at the horse, he was the one really responsible. He must pay.
The dragonborn moves outside the tavern without caring about the other enemies attacking them inside.
She stands in the same square as the corpse of the dead thug and hisses as she hurls a globe of acid at the man's horse.

Acid Orb vs the horse reflex save as a standard action.
[roll0]

In case it hits:
[roll1]

Umbranar
2011-04-12, 07:34 AM
You launch the orb at the horseman as you step outside.
He looks agile and tries to dodge the orb. You have anticipated this move though and hit him in the chest as he tries to avoid it.
The acid burns him, but he seems tough.

After you hit him, he dismounts and you think he was prepared for this. After he dismounted the horse runs away from the dangers of battle.
The raven he carried on his shoulder flies away.

Map is updated to the new situation.
http://img546.imageshack.us/img546/3207/map11.png

Players acted, Round 2: Doran, Morgran, Sarah, Pelaios
Waiting for: Pallas, Aramin

Bridgar
2011-04-12, 02:09 PM
Morgran: 30/33 hp, 2/2 pp, 13/13 surges, 1 AP
AC 19, Fort 14, Reflex 12, Will 16
4 Resistance to all

Morgran sees the soldiers run down the steps towards torrent and goes to help her. "Need some help, ma'm?" He swings at the soldier nearest to her, maintaining the flow of energy into his weight.

Move Action: Move to the southeast of the scout that just came down the stairs.
Minor Action: Battlemind's Demand
Mark the Scout
Standard Action: Iron Fist
[roll0] vs Fort of Scout
[roll1] Damage
+4 resistance to all until EoNT.

OOC: Sorry that it takes me until the evening to post. I can't access the maps in school. :smallannoyed:

Lemonus
2011-04-12, 02:48 PM
Pelaios swings his scimitar at a dog once again.

Bolstering Strike against a dog
CHA vs. AC
[roll0]

Damage:
[roll1]

If it hits, I gain temporary hit points equal to my Wisdom modifier (2)

Umbranar
2011-04-12, 03:39 PM
Morgran steps next to torrent, taking a swing at the scout.
Your warhammer strikes true and you hear ribs snap as you hit the man.

The scout is now bloodied.
Lemonus` last post is move to next round (if valid), becuase he already acted during this turn.
Please keep track of the initiave, we are waiting for the last 2 players: Aramin and Pallas. After that all monsters go.
If you dont post within 24 hours you will act by default.
Map updated

Just_Ice
2011-04-12, 07:07 PM
Pallas does nothing at all, instead readying her Radiant Hand power for when 3 enemies are in her view, and not under cover.

attacks (versus reflex):[roll0] [roll1] [roll2]

damage: [roll3] [roll4] [roll5]

icastflare!
2011-04-12, 08:45 PM
Aramin stays where he is, trying to catch anyone off-guard that is trying to enter through the front of the tavern.

Standard action. Total defense.

Umbranar
2011-04-13, 07:00 AM
Torrent seems to chant a short phrase from a prayer and strikes the scout.
Her axe seems to be encased in a ocean-blue glow as she grips it with both hands.

Minor Action: Shift into flanking position
Standard Action: Watermark [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]
Effect: One ally within 5 squares gets a one time +2 bonus to attack rolls against the target she hits, she will grant this bonus to Doran.

Her axe slashing the scout across the chest and you can see that he almost buckles.

Enemies Turn

Sarah can see the Leader overlook the situation for a short time and he then shakes his head muttering: ""Pen licking bastards gave us the wrong intel it seems...PULL BACK MEN, TROW DOWN YOUR WEAPONS AND SURRENDER, NO NEED FOR ALL OF US TO DIE TODAY.." He then lets out a loud whistle and yells: "Sauce, Bacon, Liver...HEEL.

The dogs seem to react to the whistle and the calling of the names. And slowly back up past the thug. The thug looks around assessing the situation, then trows his axe on the ground.

The scout inside trows down his crossbow and takes the Morningstar off of his belt, dropping it to the floor. He says: " I have no death wish, we must get out of here fast or the place will collapse right upon us."

The leader folds his arms. He still wears a greatsword on his back and a crossbow on his hip. To Sarah he says: "Your group is stronger then anticipated, in exchange for our freedom i will offer you information."

Map if you want to continue combat:
http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/790/map12.png

Shadowcaller
2011-04-13, 07:30 AM
The dragonborn standing among the corpses of the fallen soldiers still appearing quite angry with trails of smoke still coming from her nostrils. It looks like she is actually considering the leaders offer however and emits a low hissing sound as she replies with a deep dragonic voice.

"Sspeak human and I may find it in my heart to spare you."

Intimidate roll
[roll0]

Lemonus
2011-04-13, 07:51 AM
Pelaios walks out to the front of the tavern. He still has his scimitar and shield out, and is not saying anything.

Baldin
2011-04-13, 08:01 AM
Doran keeps near to Torrent and lets the other do the speaking.

ooc: is combat over if so i use a healing surge to get full hp again

Just_Ice
2011-04-13, 11:07 AM
Pallas, too, finds it fit time to leave. She walks out to stand by Pelaios, as the Servant of Bahamut's readiness is still apparent.

Umbranar
2011-04-13, 11:34 AM
The leader looks at each of you. Now that you are standing outside, you can see most of the city is burning. Every few seconds you see wyvern rider drop metal balls which explode after a few moments.

"Give me your word to let us live and ill share my information." Looking to the dragonborn he says: "Empty threats will not profit the both of us."
After you gave your word he speaks again: "My name is Kathor, second in command of the Black Horse mercenaries, we have been hired by the city council to deal with magic-users in the city. I did not know however that the whole city would be under siege by the Ragesian Empire this night, though i expected that would have come sooner or later. The city council wanted us to capture magic-users so their inquisitors could get there filthy on them. They hoped to maintain peace this way. It seems thats not an issue for now."

Shadowcaller
2011-04-13, 01:08 PM
Sarah looks longingly after one of the flying wyvrms in the distance as Kathor finishes but then shakes her head, turning to glare menacingly the mercenary. "Enough excuses human." She hisses. "I will spare you, but now we must find a way out of this city as soon as possible. Where is the safest and fastest way out of this hellhole?" The sorceress demands.

Umbranar
2011-04-13, 04:40 PM
Kathor looks at Sarah and lets out a small coughing laugh while saying: "Safest way? the city is under siege there is no place safe and certainly not a safe way for you to leave the city. Not without help and none that i can provide. The city is hunting you, the Ragesians are hunting you. I suggest you crawl in a hole and hope they dont find you. Now if you have questions ask them, i am sure standing around in the middle of the street aint the safest plan."

Torrent also adds a few words: "We still have a mission to complete, i suggest we take a little while to catch our breaths, before we head into the chaos and try to retrieve that intel for the resistance."

Bridgar
2011-04-13, 04:58 PM
Morgran grimaces at the bombing. Although accustomed to the atrocities of war, he does not feel that killing innocents accomplishes anything. "Your people are dying and you don't want to act right now??? Some patriot you are. I say we move!"

Just_Ice
2011-04-13, 05:53 PM
"Hold," Anasuya commands, looking the Scout dead in the eye, "In exchange for your spared life, you must swear to us to do thy duty; in hiding and escaping yourself, evacuate all you can. Then, flee to Lyceum."

"Swear to us! Swear you will do this!" She yells, pointing at them and glaring with indignance in her eyes.

Diplomacy roll:[roll0]

Lemonus
2011-04-13, 06:36 PM
Pelaios is still standing silently, although he has put away his weapon.

Shadowcaller
2011-04-13, 06:55 PM
The dragonborn snorts loudly at Kathor and turns to the others, "We are on the same boat I suppose. But this human is right, we can't stand around here doing nothing." She points at Torrent. "You, cleric. Where do we have to go? Can your rebellion protect us against this army?"

Bridgar
2011-04-13, 07:01 PM
Morgran's grimace disappears and is replaces with a look of disgust. "Ye' mistake me for a human, lasse'??? I take great offense to that!" His brief moment of infuriation passes as he realizes the intention was not unkind. "Anyway, me must get moving. No more discussin'. If they resist our movement, we will simply kill em'. I doubt they'll resist."

Shadowcaller
2011-04-13, 07:05 PM
Sarah glances menacingly at Morgran. "My words were aimed at the human of a mercenary here dwarf." She states.

((which ooc they were.:smallcool:))

icastflare!
2011-04-14, 02:04 PM
Aramin puts his blade away and says to the group. How about we continue this conversation in a safe place? If we are being hunted, I would prefer we didnt have our conversation ended with an arrow in the throat or the like. he says.

Umbranar
2011-04-14, 02:07 PM
Kathor overlooks the party. "If you dont have any more questions, its time to get out of the city myself. I dont get paid enough to hunt for mages in a war thorn city..."

Torrent also takes a good look at the surroundings. "If we are not going to take a rest, or next stop is the Depository Tower in the next city ward. That is where we are to meet Rivereye. He is a gnome and he has the intel the Rebellion wants."

Shadowcaller
2011-04-14, 02:22 PM
"Let's move then." The dragonborn agrees. "I can't see any other options at the moment."

((And I think we should just move on now so the game keeps a tempo.))

Bridgar
2011-04-14, 03:12 PM
"Yes, let's move. Time is of the essence." Baelan makes a motion to leave.

((Yes, I would agree that we should get going))

Just_Ice
2011-04-14, 03:31 PM
"Very well. Torrent, please lead the path to Rivereye. We should probably keep to backroads, as much as possible."

Umbranar
2011-04-14, 05:40 PM
Traveling quickly from the remains of the
pub, you see that Gate Pass is in turmoil. Torrent
moves ahead about twenty feet, making haste
for the depository. As you round a corner, you
nearly run over a man carrying a woman out
of a doorway. Both are burned severely and he
appears nearly spent. Three children, huddled
in coats and whimpering, follow behind. “Help
me,” the man croaks, his pain clearly visible.

Shadowcaller
2011-04-14, 05:57 PM
Sarah almost seem embarrassed as she looks down at the the man and the children. They really reminded her of something...
The sorceress looks away without a word and hopes the others will deal with this.

Just_Ice
2011-04-14, 06:51 PM
Looking at the injured couple, Pallas takes pity on the distraught, giving them a serious, but kindly look.

"O... of course, poor souls. How can we assauge thy pain? How may we be of service?"

Lemonus
2011-04-14, 07:49 PM
Pelaios immediately runs over to the man and woman, and helps them out of the building. "How may we assist you?" he says in a caring voice.

Bridgar
2011-04-14, 07:56 PM
"Quickly! Bring them with us, bombs are still falling. We must get them and ourselves to safety." Morgran gestures for everyone to continue moving.

Shadowcaller
2011-04-14, 08:10 PM
The dragonborn is following along, not wanting to deal with these humans at all.

Just_Ice
2011-04-14, 10:11 PM
Heeding Morgran's words, Anasuya beckons the family to follow as she begins to follow him.

"The good Dwarf is right. 'Tis not safe here; let us talk as we move elsewhere."

Lemonus
2011-04-14, 10:20 PM
Pelaios speaks to the family in that same, caring tone.

"I concur. Are you well enough to walk? It may be a good idea to get to shelter."

Umbranar
2011-04-15, 06:56 AM
Torrent picks up one of the children and asks for the other to do the same.
Someone should probably carry the woman as well because the man doesnt look like he can carry her for much longer. You notice that the bombing has stopped, the streets are now crowded with panicked people rushing off to shelter. Some brave souls are trying to help as much as they can.

"There is a temple only a block away, they will be safe there. Its a little out of the route but we can spare time to help these poor folks."

On your way to the temple you have a hard time moving to the crowd, but you get there eventually. After you bring the children and woman inside, where they are immediately checked over by priests, the man come to you. "Thank you for helping us strangers, my name is Rensar. I have nothing to give you in return for you kindness, im sorry. May the gods be with you."

Shadowcaller
2011-04-15, 07:05 AM
Sarah was not the one carrying that poor woman or children, she even seems to have a hard time looking at them.

"We need to keep moving, staying is a bad idea." The dragonborn reminds her companions about in a hollow voice as the ones they are helped are checked over.

Baldin
2011-04-15, 07:27 AM
Doran will offer to carry the woman, he feels responable for those that are in need of aid in Gate pass. While passing Sarah he gives her a disaproving glance

Shadowcaller
2011-04-15, 09:46 AM
The sorceress avoids his glance and just snorts again. He had no right to judge her. Instead she will continue watching the streets for anyone who might approach them, always ready to send her magic fire their way.

Once they reach the church however, they could rest a short period of time, just to regain their magic a bit.

Lemonus
2011-04-15, 09:57 AM
Pelaios replies to Rensar.

"I require no reward, only the knowledge that these folks will be safe."

Just_Ice
2011-04-15, 10:56 AM
Pallas scoops up one of the other children, delivering him to the temple.

"Do not worry of repayment, simply be glad you have survived. Pelor keep you safe." She tells them, and turns to Torrent. She bows in thanks.

"I must thank thee for stopping to help these people, Sister Torrent. Others in their haste may have overlooked them. Still, we must now make up for lost time; please lead our way once again."

Bridgar
2011-04-15, 02:05 PM
"I agree. We have little time." Morgran says, already halfway out the door.

Umbranar
2011-04-16, 12:02 PM
After a short rest to regain some of your strength, you return to the route you were supposed to take to get to the depository.

As you pass a number of burning structures,
you see people crossing the connecting
skybridges to safety. From a building ahead,
you hear screaming and see a cluster of
bystanders staring and pointing upwards
towards the fourth floor, just below the roof.

As you look up you see a woman standing in a window, smoke billows from the portal and she into the burning edifice. She then turns back to the streets screaming even louder.

Shadowcaller
2011-04-16, 01:58 PM
The sorceress already seems to know what the others are thinking. "We need to go together, how many of you are thinking about saving that human right now? How many of you are willing to risk your own lives to save her?" Sarah demands them, pointing at the window.

Just_Ice
2011-04-16, 03:52 PM
The priestess bites her lip, visibly torn, before finally sighing. "I do not wish to seem cold," she utters, "but unless our companions possess a substantial length of cord, I fear her fate is sealed with or without our aid."

Lemonus
2011-04-16, 03:59 PM
Pelaios runs to the door of the building, and will go in to save the woman if the flames aren't too strong.

Just_Ice
2011-04-16, 11:11 PM
Anasuya's eyes open wide as she puts her hands to her mouth in abject horror at what might happen. Thinking quickly, she releases one to reach towards him as she yells warning.

Thy aims art noble, Pelaios, but thou art a fool! " she screams at him.

Clenching her teeth in anger, she yells out to him again. "Thou art ill-equipped! Clever Sarah controlleth the flame, and mighty Morgran's steeled body might resist it, but thou art little match!"

Shadowcaller
2011-04-17, 03:48 AM
"Are you going to wait for him now? I'm not going to let a fool drag me down, especially not since I could do it so much easier myself." Sarah suggests in an annoyed voice as she watches the thiefling trying to get into the building and Pallas screaming at him.

"We should move on, he can catch up." The sorceress states.

Lemonus
2011-04-17, 10:08 AM
Pelaios call back at Anasuya
"The infernal pact made by my ancestors allows me to resist flame! I must rescue this poor soul!"

Baldin
2011-04-18, 06:45 AM
"Im afraid i can't stand heat that good, but if u need my help i will come with you."

Umbranar
2011-04-18, 08:36 AM
Those who can resist the flames realize that the woman can not. Going in is one thing, going out with her is another. The building looks climbable for a good climber, but taking the woman down with you would be way more difficult. You could however, reach the roof and drop a down from there. Torrent speaks out her flow of thoughts: "We could catch her is she is willing to jump, as it looks now she will risk a jump no matter whats beneath. If we could grab a large piece of cloth of some sorts we could catch her in that, but we will need to work together on that one."

Baldin
2011-04-18, 08:41 AM
Doran agrees with Torrent "I will go and look for a big blanket or the like" and runs off to the closest house to find one.

Shadowcaller
2011-04-18, 08:43 AM
The dragonborn sigh and growls, this was really time consuming. Moving on without their guide would be troublesome however.

She approaches the building and peers at the woman in the window. "Human! Jump or you will die! I'll make sure your life won't end!"

If the woman jumps, Sarah will in fact try to catch her. This might not be the best idea however.

Intimidate roll:

[roll0]

Umbranar
2011-04-18, 11:07 AM
Torrent looks at you, quite stunned. "Are you mad, you cant catch an adult falling 30 feet on your own."

She then turns to the woman: "Hold on a little longer!"
The woman look at the both of you panicked, apparently she trusts a fellow human more then a scary Dragonborne.

Meanwhile Baldin managed to find a large blanket, which was hung out to dry.
Returning with the cloth Torrent grabs the other end and asks everyone to help.

The strongest party member makes a strength check against a DC. The others can aid another for this. (Torrent is helping with this so thats a +2 from her)

Bridgar
2011-04-18, 11:11 AM
Morgran grabs an end of the blanket and pulls with all his might. "I hope this works. I'd rather not have the blood of an innocent woman on my hands" Morgran begins the justification process in his mind. He's used to dealing with causing death but does not enjoy the weight that the dead leave with him.

Aid another

Just_Ice
2011-04-18, 11:59 AM
Anasuya grabs hold of yet another side of the blanket. She is not nearly as strong as her companions, but she throws the whole of her weight into it.

"Lady Sarah, she will be crushed from the impact atop thee. I beg you; apply thy great strength here, where it can best be used."

Also aid another. If I lose health from helping, that's fine.

Shadowcaller
2011-04-18, 12:43 PM
Sarah growls again, not seeing why it would be so impossible for her. "Fair enough, if only to end this foolishness." She replies.

Strength check:
[roll0]

Did I do that right?

Lemonus
2011-04-18, 03:50 PM
Pelaios grabs the blanket, and prepares to catch the woman.

Aid another, if it's not too late.

Baldin
2011-04-19, 01:40 AM
Doran will aid sarah aswell.

[roll0]

ooc: sarah her check is 14(your roll is 10 + add your modifier so 1d20(10)+4)
ps. seems i do aid (just made the 10 haha) so the str check is 16 now.
pps. for your info if you want to aid another you need to make a check of 10 (in this case 1d20+str mod) if you make it the one who performs the main check will get +2 for each succesfull aid.

If all who help make their check we will get about 20

Umbranar
2011-04-19, 09:03 AM
Torrent commands the woman to jump into the blanket.
With your combined strength you manage to catch the woman in the blanket leaving her unharmed.

A man steps out from the crowd and takes her with him, saying he will get her to the temple for shelter. The woman is too hysterical to say anything of meaning.

After this the group moves on.

You see the dark needle of the Depository
Tower long before the guarded gate appears
along the roadway. Now as you come to the
massive iron gates, four well-armed guards,
three orcs and a dwarf snap to greater attention
and prepare for a challenge. In a respectful
voice, the dwarf asks for the required owner’s
key, which Torrent produces. He and the other
guards visibly relax.
“The riots have us all on edge, please forgive
our harsh diligence,” the dwarven guard says
as he tests the key on a special lock plate. He
hands it back mechanically when the latch
opens. Placing his lips against the opening, he
whispers something and the large cogs and
gears on the sides of the gates rumble and
turn. In a moment, the way is open and one
of the orc guards clumsily gestures a welcome
for all to enter.
As you pass in, the chaos of the city
disappears. Untouched by Ragesian bombs,
a beautifully tended garden wends its way
past splendid fountains. The left basin recalls
elemental spirits of local legend — a dragon,
a worm, a kraken, and an eagle — while
a statue of Emperor Coaltongue, posing
with torch held high, dominates the basin
on the right. The torch glows as if lit by a
neverending flame.
You count four other guards patrolling the
grounds, dwarves and orcs again, and continue
towards the large double iron doors that are
the only entrance to the central structure.
Once again, Torrent’s key is used and the orc
guard speaks a secret phrase to gain entrance.
“There’re guards inside,” the orc politely
says, with a gruff and graveled voice; his smile
looks like a grimace. “So be careful and don’t
accidentally open the wrong locker. There are
lanterns here for light.” With a chuckle, he
adds, “You’ll regret them if you meets up with
the ugly gnome in there now.”

As you enter you see the following:

The first floor of the tower is one huge room,
and though the far side is hidden in shadows,
it looks to be about sixty feet in diameter. A
broad stone ramp circles clockwise upward
to the left of the door, while the interior of
the room is filled with aisles of metal lockers,
each slightly larger than a coffin propped
upright. Squat round columns twenty feet
high support the ceiling. A gnome is standing on the stairs that lead to the second floor.
“I hear the war outside,” says the gnome
between coughs. “Good to be in here. Very
safe.” He clumsily turns around and begins
to ascend the ramp, turning to torrent he says: “Follow me, Peppin, it is
time to conduct our business.”

Shadowcaller
2011-04-19, 12:43 PM
"I'm sure." Sarah replies nonchalantly as she picks up an lantern. "Not that I really need these things." She ensures them.

Then the sorceress turns to Torrent. "So, human, who are we going to meet exactly? I assume you have some grand plan with all of this?"

Umbranar
2011-04-20, 05:14 AM
Torrent looks at Sarah and whispers: "We were supposed to meat him." she nodding to the gnome. "Something is off though, i am not known to anyone by the name of Peppin since its not my name. Be vigilant."

Rivereye the ugly gnome.
http://img684.imageshack.us/img684/5720/rivereye.png

Shadowcaller
2011-04-20, 05:20 AM
((The last part wasn't there when I posted though. :smalltongue:))

"We'll be careful." The dragonborn agrees, probably talking a bit too loud for a whisper however. Being quiet isn't really her thing.

Baldin
2011-04-20, 06:37 AM
Doran shrugs "Why do you call her Peppin? That surely ain't her name."

Umbranar
2011-04-20, 07:41 AM
The gnome stops in his tracks for a while, then turns back to the group.
You are down the ramp with stairs, he is halfway.

He eyes you suspiciously:"Peppin is not with you then?". His eyes grow wide and he start to run up the ramp, yelling for help.

Initiative:
Gnome
Party
Unknown Enemy

The gnome runs up the ramp, while doing so you see his figure shimmer and slowly change into the form of an Elf, wearing a black leather outfit. On his belt you see a rapier and a dagger. He also carries a backpack that seems to contain some equipment.

Map:

http://img816.imageshack.us/img816/4101/map2an.png

T=Torrent
Pe=Pelaios
Pa=Pallas
D=Doran
M=Morgran
S=Sarah
A=Aramin
E=Elf
Using your passive Perceptions everyone except Sarah notices small metal balls build into the walls and Morgran (using his dungeoneering) realizes these balls are lightning generators which are most likely part of a trap. You dont know the trigger for these or what kind of attack they make.

(ooc: its the parties turn, react in any order and take a close look to the turn order.)

Turn: 1 (please post this in your post aswell ie.: Torrent, Turn 1)

Baldin
2011-04-20, 07:50 AM
Doran, Turn1

Minor: Draw weapon:
Move action: Run to the elf
Standard: ready in case he wants to move.
free Intimidate "Stop where you are or i will split your skull!"[roll0]

if the elf moves i use my Pressing strike to shift trough him and in fron of him and attack.
[roll1]
if hit
[roll2] + push him back 1 square (if not blocked)

Shadowcaller
2011-04-20, 08:20 AM
Sarah, turn 1

Minor: Draw weapon
Move: Move to the first square in the stair
Standard: Acid Orb vs reflex against the elf [roll0] Damage: [roll1]
Free: Intimidate [roll2]

"The last one that stood against me was turned into ash little elf, you sure you wish to take that chance?" The dragonborn growls loudly as she heads after Doran and the elf. She then roars as he runs up the stairs and sends a bolt of acid after him.

Bridgar
2011-04-20, 08:49 AM
Morgran, Turn 1

"You dare challenge us?" Morgran yells as he charges up the steps.

Minor Action: Draw Weapon
Move Action: Move right up behind Doran
Standard Action: Bull's Strength Augmented 1
Extend reach by 1 for the attack
[roll0] vs AC
[roll1] damage
If hit: push target
Free Action:Insight Check
Why're we under attack?
[roll2]

Lemonus
2011-04-20, 09:17 AM
Pelaios Turn 1

"Halt and we will sort this out!" Shouts Pelaios as he moves up the stairs.

Minor Action: Draw Scimitar
Minor Action: Draw Shield
Move Action: Move Behind Morgran
Free Action: Diplomacy on The Elf [roll0]

Umbranar
2011-04-20, 10:07 AM
Torrent, Turn 1

Torrent move up past Sarah and seems to scan the environment, ready to strike.

The elf seems truly intimidated by Sarah`s words, but this makes him want to run even harder it seems. Your Acid orb misses as he dodges it. Doran`s words doesnt seem to have much impact but he looks with awe to his big axe.

After Sarah unleashed here orb, everybody clearly hears a low humming building up in volume. You see one of the orbs crackle with energy, likely to release it soon. Doran hears the same humming coming from the second floor aswell.

@Bridgar
You are not, he is trying to flee from you thats clear but he doesnt have a weapon drawn. I called for initiative to see if he can flee and because there is an unknown enemy might engage :)

Initiative v2.0

Initiative:
Gnome
Party
Unknown Enemy
Trap

Updated Map

http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/5826/map2bs.png
Remember for next round, moving up the stairs is takes 2 movement per square. So effectively you move half speed in 1 move action, dwarfs aswell since their racial feature only works for loads and armor.

Just_Ice
2011-04-20, 12:51 PM
Pallas Anasuya, Turn 1

"Take heed friends, something is amiss."

Standard: Arcana (inquire into pillars) [roll0]
Move: Ready (drop prone) if (Anasuya confirms the trap will go off)
Minor: Perception (Did Sarah set off the trap? Will it go off?)[roll1]

Umbranar
2011-04-20, 04:43 PM
@Pallas
Through your insight you think that the arcana force released by Sarah might have triggered the trap, you also think that atleast the source square (the square Sarah fired from) will be targeted atleast the first time. You dont know how the trap will behave after that.

Lemonus
2011-04-20, 04:48 PM
Pelaios Turn Two

Pelaios, noticing the spheres, prepares to dodge them if they do anything. He then cries out a warning.
"Watch out! We don't know what these things'll do!"

Move Action:Prepare to drop prone if the spheres go off.

Just_Ice
2011-04-20, 06:00 PM
Ana cries to her allies, "Remove thyselves from the bottom of the stair at once! Sarah, the device is drawn to thy thaumaturgy!"

Shadowcaller
2011-04-20, 06:15 PM
Sarah, turn 2

Sarah stares at Pallas confused but steps down the stairs to the floor. "What are you yapping about human?" She demands with a low growl, peering around the room for anything she might have missed.

Move action: Move down from the stairs two squares next to Pallas and Armin.
Free action: Perception [roll0]

Umbranar
2011-04-21, 06:50 AM
Trap, Turn 1
Two spheres on opposite sides unleash their energy in what seems to be a wall of lightning running from north to south. Sarah isnt quick enough to dodge the unleashed energy (see spoiler) and gets shocked.

Elf (Gnome), Turn 2
The Elf doesnt move, seeming to await your actions and not in the mood to get a taste of Doran`s axe.

Map

http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/1141/map2ch.png
Wall of lightning fill all the squares from floor to ceiling.
Attack vs Reflex result: 17
Damage to Sarah: 4 electricity
Dungeoneering check to determine which row is attacked next.

(ooc: its the parties turn again, if you keep the actions you posted for Turn 2 say so in the OOC chat. If not, post your actions once again with <name>,Turn 2)

Baldin
2011-04-21, 07:35 AM
"Doran, turn2

Doran readies his axe and yells "Get on your knees and surrender or i will cut them off for you"

Standard: Keep my ready
free: Intimidate [roll0]

Bridgar
2011-04-21, 11:06 AM
Morgran, Turn 2

Morgran's muscles bulge as he swings at the elf, barely within reach of his larger arms.

Minor Action:Battlemind's Demand
Mark the elf
Standard Action: Bull's Strength Augmented 1
[roll0] vs AC
[roll1] damage
If hit, push elf 1 square.

Umbranar
2011-04-21, 12:04 PM
As you strike out to the Elf he pulls a dagger lightning fast and trows it at you, you hit him but he manages to hit you as well with his dagger.
Responding to the dagger trow, moves past fast and strikes him in the back, making him step forward.

Attack result of 29 seems to be a hit.
Damage: 8

First Floor
http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/8576/map2dj.png
Second Floor
http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/3528/map22d.png

Shadowcaller
2011-04-21, 12:30 PM
The dragonborn get's electrocuted but manages to cut the pain short as she moves down the stairs and next to Pallas and Armin. Someone had to pay for that.

"What was that?" She hisses to one in particular as she looks around the room for anything she might have missed.

Move action: Move down from the stairs two squares next to Pallas and Armin.
Free action: Perception Can I use my old roll? If not: [roll0]

Just_Ice
2011-04-21, 02:44 PM
Pallas, turn 2

Move: Ready an action to avoid lightning if necessary
Minor: Dungeoneering to determine where lightning will strike next: [roll0]

Umbranar
2011-04-21, 06:32 PM
Explanations, comments and updates

@Pallas
Your pretty sure that the lightning slowly moves towards the east. So the row next to the previous one will be struck.

@Sarah
Since you saw the flash and others are pointing it out, you see it too. The spheres are building up energy and discharge, thats what shocked you.

Map:
http://img852.imageshack.us/img852/4906/map2f.png

Umbranar
2011-04-22, 08:10 AM
(OOC: taking Lemonous action to dive for cover as his turn 2 actions, though you realize it wont work, after seeing the huge lightning wall.)

Fire Elemental, Turn 2
Suddenly your hear a sound like something is burning violently above you.
When you look up you see a small flaming entity coming out of nowhere, hovering about 3 squares above you. You think this is some sort of elemental but none like you have every seen before.

It gazes upon Morgran and you feel a burning sensation in your head for a short peroid, but you resist.
Attack vs will, result: 12

Trap, Turn 2
A moment after that the spheres unleash another wave of electricity, only missing by a couple of feet.

Elf, Turn 3
The elf draws his rapier, shifts towards Doran and attacks. He takes up a fighting stance that you have seen before, it looks like hes an expert fencer.
Attack vs Reflex, result: 26
Damage: 10

Maps:

First Floor
http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/7033/map2gf.png
F=Fire Elemental
Second Floor
http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/3180/map22g.png

Initiative:
Elf
Party
Fire Elemental
Trap

(OOC: Players can now post Turn 3)

Bridgar
2011-04-22, 11:22 AM
Morgran, Turn 3

Morgran glances up at the fire elemental, scoffs, and shields himself in a thin sheath of iron. Now ignoring the elemental, he returns to his assault on the elf, swinging his warhammer at it.

Move Action:Move up next to the elf
Standard Action: Iron Fist Augmented 1
9 Fire resistance until EoNT
[roll0] vs AC
[roll1] damage

Shadowcaller
2011-04-22, 12:25 PM
Sarah, turn 3

The sorceress hisses as she see the fire elemental but appears unsure what to do. "If I send off another bolt of acid, there will be lighting, isn't that right human?" She asks, looking at Pallas. That's her understanding of it at least.

Ready action: If the fire elemental moves adjacent to Sarah she will shift away.

Lemonus
2011-04-22, 04:11 PM
Pelaios Turn 3

Pelaios stands up, and moves down the stairs.

Move Action: Stand Up
Move Action: Move to the last square of the stairs.

Baldin
2011-04-24, 07:10 AM
standard: Avalance strike

hit: [roll0]
dmg: [roll1]

if hit use furious assault:
[roll2]

Just_Ice
2011-04-24, 10:52 AM
Pallas turn 3

Ana nods to her Dragonborn companion, confirming her explanation. "'tis the jist of it. Do not step toward the stair for now; I shall attempt to divert yon trap's attention."

Move: diagonally up+right twice
Standard: Sun Strike vs. Fire elemental's Reflex. Attack: [roll0] Damage: [roll1]
Minor: Arcana (determine if it reacts to divine magic) [roll2]

Umbranar
2011-04-25, 05:43 AM
As Doran is about to strike the elf, he immediately lashes at him with his rapier and hits you.

Attack vs AC result 19
Damage: 6
This was an immediate interrupt.

Morgran then manages to hit the elf in the back, he looks pretty wounded but still has enough fight in him. He is not blooding heavily yet (not bloodied in game terms).

Fire Elemental, turn 3
The Fire Elemental moves up and comes to the elf`s aid, Morgran again feels a burning sensation in his mind but again you manage to withstand it.

Attack vs Will, result: 13

Torrent, turn 3
Torrent shifts towards the elemental ,as it flies closer to help the elf, and lashes. For a moment her axe has a blue hue about it. She hits the elemental, filling the air with the sounds of waves crashing against rocks. The fire elemental seems to be dazed by the force of the blow.

Elemental is now dazed until EONT.

Trap, Turn 3
Spheres quickly charge up again and discharge in a row, shooting to Aramin`s location. You can barely dodge the wall of lightning as it flashes past you. Aramin studies the attack. You think something is off, like this is only a residue of what the trap is used to be not long ago and you feel like something is disturbing its magic. You think that the trap should have normally filled the whole floor from top to bottom, stunning all who are present. Now its only a relatively small shock.

Attack vs Reflex, result: 9

Elf, turn 4

The elf lashes out to both Doran and Morgran lightning fast. He misses Doran completely, while he does hit Morgran but only scratches your armor.
He then shifts next to Doran on the Second Floor.

Map:
http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/4923/map2i.png

Players can now post turn 4

Lemonus
2011-04-25, 08:04 AM
Pelaios moves to the right of the fire elemental, and issues a challenge. "The pact made long ago with devils allows me to resist your flames, but you have no such resistance against the sting of my blade!" He then strikes it with his scimitar. As he does so, a golden, translucent shield forms in front of Doran, protecting him.

Move Action: Move to the right of the fire elemental.
Minor Action: Divine Challenge on the fire elemental.
Standard Action: Shielding Smite on the fire elemental.
Attack Roll (CHA VS. AC):
[roll0]
Damage Roll:
[roll1]
Effect: If the attck hits, Doran gains a +2 bonus to AC until the end of my next turn.

Baldin
2011-04-25, 09:25 AM
HP:

hp: 15/31

Dorans eyes are fused with rage and he bares his teeth swinging his axe with a loud roar.

Doran turn 4

Standard: Macetail’s Rage

[roll0] vs reflex
hit
[roll1] + knock prone and for the rest of the encounter on hit i gain my str mod in temp hp.

if miss the targets takes half dmg and isnt prone.

ooc: this dice roller never rolls me higher then 8??

Bridgar
2011-04-25, 09:31 AM
Morgran, Turn 4

As the elf steps away from Morgran, Morgran follows. Angered by the elf's attack, Morgran steps into position behind the elf and makes a mighty swing with his warhammer.

OA:Blurred Step
Shift to the south of Elf
Move Action:Shift to the east of Elf
Standard Action:Iron Fist
Resist 4 all until EoNT
[roll0] vs Elf's AC
[roll1] damage to Elf

Just_Ice
2011-04-26, 12:33 AM
Anasuya, turn 4

"It would seem my technique is poor; thankfully, I've learned the trap will follow any who cast."

The invoker quickly moves forwards to avoid the electric rays. She then calmly stretches them, one up and one down, before reaching them forwards and cupping them together. A light erupts from them, once again targetting the elemental.

Move: Two to the left.
Standard: Standard: Sun Strike vs. Fire elemental's Reflex. Attack:[roll0]
Damage: [roll1] (this should be 1d10 but I doubt it hits anyways)

Shadowcaller
2011-04-26, 04:18 AM
Sarah's Turn 4

"I see." Sarah replies briefly, this human was a bit crazy according to her.

Then as the invoker unleashes her sun strike the sorceress unleashes her own magic at the fire elemental, being clever enough to not use fire against something that appears to made of it.

Standard Action: Acid Orb (charisma vs reflex) [roll0] If hit= [roll1]

Baldin
2011-04-26, 08:27 AM
Doran Turn 4,2 (use action point)

Doran's anger increases even more after seeing all his attack hit the air and in a burst of violance tries to hit the elf again.

Standard:

[roll0]

on hit

[roll1]+[roll2] and heal for 4 hp

ooc: i might aswell just stop attacking i guess....

Umbranar
2011-04-27, 06:02 AM
Doran hits the Elf with a glancing blow, doing little damage to him. The second blow misses as the Elf dodges.

Morgran takes up position but the fire elemental`s awe-inspiring light wears down on you, making your blow miss aswell.

Anasuya`s beam of righteous light seems to be easely dodged by the fire lemental, but Pelaios` strike finds its mark, hitting the fiery being.

Sarah`s Orb then hits the creature aswell, burning it badly with the acidic attack. Right after Sarah`s orb hits the elemental unleashes a blinding flare of light. You all feel the heat as a wall of fire seems to erupt from the elemental, blinding you temporary.

Attack vs Fortitude, results:
Doran: 24
Morgran: 19
Sarah: 14
Pallas: 18
Pelaios: 23
Torrent: 18

Damage: [roll0]
Hit means you are all blinded (save ends).

Torrent, Turn 4
Torrent chants a short prayer and blesses Doran. After that she starts chanting another, slightly longer prayer and Morgran feels his burns and wounds soothing somewhat.

Doran has Regeneration 2 untill his not bloodied anymore
Morgran may spend a Healing Surge.

Fire Elemental, Turn 4
The Elemental flares up again for a short moment and seems to regain some of his composure.
It then lashes out with what seems to be a whip of fire at Pelaios. It hits you but your armor is too thick to penetrate this time.

Attack vs AC, result: 12

Trap, Turn 4

(ooc: Roll to determine who is attacked this time in ooc thread)

The Spheres discharge a wall of electricity towards Pallas, this time he cant dodge as he is blind and feeling worn down by the presence of the elemental.

Attack vs Reflex, result 12. (your blind and within the elementals aura).
Damage: 7

Elf, Turn 5

Unaffected by the Elemental`s burning flare, he strikes at both Morgran and Doran again with two lightning fast strikes. As you are blind and worn down by the elementals presence he hits you both, then shifts away.

Attack vs AC, results:
Doran: 22
Morgran: 18
Damage Doran: 9+7 sneak attack
Damage Morgran: 5+10 Sneak attack

Players can post turn 5 know, remember your blindness.

Maps:
First Floor
http://img849.imageshack.us/img849/8716/map2j.png
Second Floor
http://img824.imageshack.us/img824/2636/map22j.png

Baldin
2011-04-27, 06:43 AM
The elf slices Doran and he tumbles to the ground.

ooc: does the regeneration still go on? ps -10 atm

Shadowcaller
2011-04-27, 05:47 PM
Sarah Turn 5

Sarah roars as she is blinded by the fire elemental and walks right backwards right into the wall as she claws at the air in front of her.

Move Action: Back into the wall of the room.

Fortitude Save: [roll0]

((Pokes Umbara to the OOC thread by the way.))

Bridgar
2011-04-27, 06:00 PM
Morgran, turn 5

Ooc: the elf's attack misses me. Blindness only grants CA, which I assume you factored into your attack roll.

Morgran feels Doran fall and lashes out at the elf with his mind. He feels his life in danger and immediately enters a battle trance. As the elf steps away, Morgran follows, unaffected. He moves into a stance and pounds the elf with his hammer.

Reaction: Mind Spike
Elf takes 16 damage
OA: Blurred Step
Shift with Elf
Standard Action: Steel Unity Strike
[roll0] vs. AC
[roll1] damage
Miss:Half damage
Save vs Blindness:[roll2]

Umbranar
2011-04-28, 05:15 AM
(OOC: please read to OOC chat for clarifications.)

Map with changes after comments (This is before round 5 actions):
http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/6456/map2j2.png

Lemonus
2011-04-28, 08:03 AM
Pelaios, Turn 5

Pelaios, sensing Doran's need, moves away from the fire elemental towards him. He then puts his hands over Doran, and channels life energy from himself into Doran. Finally, Pelaios shakes his head, trying to regain sight.

Move Action: Shift one square up the stairs.
Move Action: Move next to Doran
Minor Action: Use Lay On Hands on Doran. I spend a healing surge, and he regains hitpoints as if he had spent a healing surge. The healing raises him to 0 HP before he regains hitpoints as if he had spent a healing surge.
Saving throw roll: [roll0]

Lemonus
2011-04-28, 08:06 AM
Forgot that Saving Throws are on a d20. :smallredface:
Real Saving Throw Roll:
[roll0]
Of course. When I don't need a nat 20, the dice gods give me one. :smallannoyed:

Falkun
2011-04-28, 03:03 PM
Thorfin, Turn 5

"Kaw! Kaw! The disturbance is coming from here! Skaw!" Ga'pa, a large spectral macaw squawked, flying forward towards a tower. "We must get inside quickly Skaw!"

"Okey Okey, hold yer horses, err, feathers. Whetever. I will get inside as fast as I kin without yer bothering," Thorfin responded tot he parrot, making his way to the door. When he finally makes it to the door, he pushes it open to see a room filled with chaos! Elementals! Lightning! Glowing things!

"Well I dunno what is happenin in this here place, but I just got dis feeling those elementals aren't up to no good. Ga'pa! Forward!" Thorfin commanded, pointing towards the blazing elemental.

Ga'pa flew towards his foe, distracting him and leaving an opening for Morgran to strike.

Initiative Roll:[roll0]
Thorfin moved one space forward from the door,moving next to Sarah.
Ga'pa (My companion spirit) moved to the east of the Fire Elemental.
Thorfin used Claws of the Eagle, an at will. It allows an ally of my choice to attack an enemy next to my spirit companion. I elect Morgran as the attacker.

Just_Ice
2011-04-28, 03:53 PM
Pallas Anasuya, Turn 5

Moving into position, Anasuya's eyes brim with holy energies. As she turns to face the fire elemental, light emits from her sockets. She prepares herself for the trap's retribution.

Move: Shift one down
Major: Fire Sun Strike at the elemental. Attack: [roll0] VS Reflex
Damage: [roll1]

As her eyes fade to normal, the priestess spots the newcomer and points her finger towards him. "Sarah! Behind thee!" she yells.

Shadowcaller
2011-04-30, 10:03 AM
((*pokes game back to life*))

Sarah's turn 5.1

The dragonborn also spends an healing surge this round.

Free Action: Spend healing surge, restoring 7 hp.

((Won't react to Pallas until next turn.))

Bridgar
2011-05-01, 09:09 PM
Morgran, Turn 5.5

With the elf distracted by Ga'pa, Morgran swings out with his warhammer, full force.

Standard Attack:
[roll0] vs Elf's AC
[roll1] damage

Baldin
2011-05-02, 05:42 AM
Doran, turn 5

Still dazed by the amount of damage he took he is supprised to be alive.

move:Stand up
Standard:Second wind