PDA

View Full Version : A Real Band of Scions IC

Kira_the_5th
2011-04-10, 09:57 PM
It's a rainy night in Chicago as you enter Mike's Place, a small restaurant/pub that's hosting you gig tonight. The main room of the restaurant is filled with a reasonable number of people, about 70 or so. As you enter, a small, mousy man walks up to you with a clipboard.

"Hello!" he says, extending his hand with a friendly smile. "You are..."Mythos", I take it? I'm Mike Thomas, the owner. Glad you could make it in this weather. We're going to start the show in about 20 minutes, but you're not on first, so you've got plenty of time for you to get settled. We've got mikes, amps, and electronics here for you to use, and here's a copy of the band list. The green room's in the back, and you can head back when you're ready."

Mike hands you a flyer, advertising the show for tonight.
Tonight! Rising Stars Concert at Mike's Place
Join us as we play host to new rising talent in the Chicago area!

Bands include:
Morning Star: 7:00 PM
Kallisti: 8:00 PM
Country Boys: 9:00 PM
Mythos: 10:00 PM
Devil May Care: 11:00 PM

Rokku
2011-04-11, 08:39 AM
Lars fiercely grips the offered hand, nearly crushing it in his burly mitt.

"Hell yeah dude, we're Mythos," he says, pulling the man in for a bro hug, "thanks for the gig man! Gotta warn you tho', your customers might not come back after we melt their faces!"

Ridai
2011-04-11, 10:07 AM
Dressed almost entirely in black interrupted by the occasional discreet yet stylish blue or white designs, wearing pants and a thin sweatshirt (underneath her jacket) form-fitting enough to give others an impression of her figure without showing off or sacrificing decency, Haruka pulls off her jacket's hood as she enters the restaurant. Her eyes take in the whole of the interior, including all the various design choices and decorations, the atmosphere and the clientel present.

After watching Lars' greeting, the young woman's handshake is gentle as she shows a warm smile. "Good evening, Mr. Thomas, thank you for having us. You've got yourself a nice establishment, I must say."

Archpaladin Zousha
2011-04-11, 11:34 AM
Ruth bounds up in her traditional black and green shirt and skirt, tight against her soft frame, and slaps Mike on the back, almost bowling him over.

"Aye! Gonna be an awesome show tonight, if I've got anything te say about it! Cannae wait to get on the damn stage!"

Everyone can smell that she's already a little tipsy.

Lesingnon
2011-04-11, 01:04 PM
Kenneth is the last to enter the bar, at a considerably more sedate pace than Ruth. His customary long-sleeved button-down shirt was black tonight, with embroidered threads of red and blue adorning the shoulders and back. It had been a rare mundane gift from his mother, and he'd always found the symbolism fitting for performances. And, as usual, the fairly simple outfit was rounded out with a pair of jeans and tennis shoes.

When his turn came around he simply exchanged a simple, firm handshake. And there's a slight, bemused, grin on his face as he accepts the proffered flier from the man. "They tend to get enthusiastic before a show, I hope you don't mind." He didn't, but then he was also a lot sturdier than pretty much any mortal he'd ever met.

His eyes scan the flier briefly as he flips it open, mainly noting the time slots. They'd have to keep Ruth relatively sober for a little over three hours then. Hopefully there wasn't an easily accessible source of alcohol backstage. "Is there anything else we should know before things get started?"

Kira_the_5th
2011-04-11, 08:16 PM
"I just need to know if there's anything that needs setting up. I know Kallisti requested some tables near the stage be moved for dancing, and we just need to know if there's anything you need before you go on." Mike says as he recovers from Ruth's blow. "Also, is there anything you folks want to order in the mean time. Would anyone like a menu?"

Archpaladin Zousha
2011-04-11, 09:10 PM
"I just need to know if there's anything that needs setting up. I know Kallisti requested some tables near the stage be moved for dancing, and we just need to know if there's anything you need before you go on." Mike says as he recovers from Ruth's blow. "Also, is there anything you folks want to order in the mean time. Would anyone like a menu?"

"No need fer a damn menu, just gimme an order o' everythin' on it!"

Lesingnon
2011-04-11, 09:36 PM
Kenneth couldn't help but chuckle softly. Ruth was Ruth, and he'd never quite met another like her. "But send one back for the rest of us, just in case." A light snack before a performance rarely went wrong. "And leaving some open space near the stage sounds like a good idea, crowds usually like getting close to the performers." He'd always felt that it helped them connect, allow the music to take root. And that was the most important part of any performance. Putting together a pleasing medley of melodies, harmonies, and rhythms was relatively simple. It was the ability to make a song mean something to its listeners that truly made it a work of art.

Ridai
2011-04-11, 11:41 PM
With the usual covered, Haruka just shakes her head. "I'm good." She adjusts her messenger bag containing a change of clothes, sticks, a towel and a bottle of water, waiting for Lars.

Rokku
2011-04-12, 09:02 PM
"Oh hell yeah, food. Yeah. Woo!"

Lars is not quite coherent, as usual right before a gig. His nervous energy always built up to a fever pitch; it's what fueled his explosive performance. Grinning like an idiot, he slung his axe across his back and grabbed whatever heavy things needed carrying and headed for backstage.

"Rock and roll, bitches!"

Archpaladin Zousha
2011-04-12, 09:18 PM
Ruth helps him lugging stuff, lifting a large amp with one hand.

Kira_the_5th
2011-04-13, 09:38 AM
Backstage is abuzz with several different people walking around, getting ready for their shows, as well as employees shuffling trays of food and drink around, trying to avoid some of the more rowdy musicians. A young man in a white Morning Star hoodie is checking the backstage setup one last time, and the band as a whole is getting ready to go on.

Once everyone is backstage, the food they ordered is brought out, as a few waiters band together to shoulder the weight of Ruth's order. A young redheaded man sitting at another table eyes her strangely, wondering how even a girl of Ruth's size pack away that much food.

Lesingnon
2011-04-13, 10:19 AM
Kenneth deftly maneuvers through the constrained chaos backstage until he finds what seems to be as good a place as any to start piling Mythos's equipment, making sure there was enough space nearby for Ruth's order of food. At which point he sets the equipment he'd been carrying down before briefly rolling his shoulders to loosen the muscles. Sure he was strong enough to handle the weight of musical equipment easily enough, but doing so for an extended period of time would tighten muscles just like it would any other guy's. "So what do you guys think," he asked once the band had all grouped together, "Once we're on open with one of the heavy, uptempo songs to hook 'em from the start?"

Ridai
2011-04-13, 10:31 AM
As Haruka enters the backstage area, there is a moment in which many pairs of eyes are drawn to her. It is hardly the first time, but what comes out of it usually differs more each time. Some stares remain on her as the band grabs some seats, with Haruka positioning herself between her friends and next to Kenneth. Being among the more technically experienced band members, she begins to check the equipment, as she doesn't have an instrument to take care of until they can warm up with what is there.

"Mhm," she answers Kenneth and nods. "Maybe also one with me kicking things off to catch them off-guard." Haruka refers to the tendency of onlookers to think pretty women aren't good drummers, putting no ego into the statement. Whatever helps the band and the moment.

"Not much time to work with, so maybe we should do a quick build-up to a grand finish? We can show a lot in a little under an hour, but hardly everything."

Archpaladin Zousha
2011-04-13, 04:46 PM
Ruth digs in, starting with one of the spicy dishes and washing it down with soda, remembering Kenneth wanted her not to get completely plastered before showtime.

"Any particular theme we wanna go fer this time? I was thinkin' o' stickin' with the "warrior" songs. Those always get the crowd's blood pumpin', but if we wanna stick with just one, I'm cool with it."

She notices the redhead, and grins at him before blowing a little kiss, getting that look in her eye that everyone in the band recognized as her planning to take him on a little "backstage tour" later.

Lesingnon
2011-04-14, 10:42 AM
"Kick it off with a warrior song that lets Haruka show off. Then toss in a little variety before bringing things to a crescendo, sounds like a plan." And the nice thing about being placed so late in the order, he mused, was that they could take their time and warm up nice and slowly. It never seemed to work out well when you had to rush that step.

He does pull his instrument from its case, though. Gently strumming the strings and adjusting the tuning knobs. Sure he couldn't get it perfect by ear, but he could get close. And Haruka did just seem to have that uncanny ability to notice even the slightest irregularities in pitch. Hopefully he'd be able to pick up that trick someday.

Ruth's reaction to the man earns another chuckle from him as he casts an amused eye over the smorgasbord of food laid out in front of her. The amusement leaking into his tone, "Think you can satisfy your appetite before we're on?"

Ridai
2011-04-14, 11:37 AM
Once Ruth has marked her potential next conquest, Haruka chuckles softly. "He's in for an unforgettable ride, that's for sure." She winks up to her best friend, fondly remembering their past experiences.

When Kenneth starts tuning his bass guitar, the young woman stops what she is doing to fully concentrate on helping him. It takes a little bit of time and Haruka closes her eyes during the process, but everytime she hears the sound of a flawlessly tuned string, a beautiful smile appears on her face as she savors it. To her, it is like unlocking the instrument's true voice and eliminating every blemish that pollutes it so everyone can witness its full potential. And hearing that voice sing one of Kenneth's songs makes it even better.

Rokku
2011-04-14, 01:15 PM
When Haruka starts helping Kenneth, Lars immediately gets out his guitar and goes to work on it, tuning -- rather unnecessarily with the instrument's mystic nature -- and strumming alternately. Soon he's breaking out some classic speed metal riffs, though they're barely audible without an amp.

"You guys know my opinion: start loud and get louder. 'Course the last time we tried that we had to pay for all the damages..."

Archpaladin Zousha
2011-04-14, 05:34 PM
"YOU had te pay the damages. I got off the hook by wigglin' my arse at the officers. Pity that yah lack feminine charms, Lars." Ruth comments before releasing a quite unladylike belch.

As the other members tune and prepare, she finishes guzzling the massive spread before her, leaving a little bit for the others. Of course, in her mind a little bit was still at least three courses. She then looks for the redhead and starts chatting him up.

"So what d'ya call yerself, lad?"

Lesingnon
2011-04-14, 09:10 PM
"Nothing about Ruth's forgettable."

Then he turned his attention fully to his instrument along with Haruka, fingers softly plucking at strings and tweaking everything until it was juuust so. He strums all the string as they finish, listening to them resonate in harmony. And giving Haruka a grateful smile. It was always a lot nicer to tune the instrument with her help instead of relying on a tuner.

And it was always a treat to see that kind of smile on her face.

At Lars' recollection, though, he can't help but sigh in a mixture of amusement and exasperation. His head shaking softly from side to side. "Well maybe the next time I tell you that doing something on a table's a bad idea you'll listen."

Rokku
2011-04-14, 09:41 PM
"Table? Bro, I was talking about the window explosion in Fort Wayne. What table? Was that in Fort Wayne or Milwaukee?"

Kira_the_5th
2011-04-14, 09:57 PM
"Name's Fenny O'Hara." the redhead says with a smirk. "Now what would a lady such as yourself be doing here tonight, anyway? A little old place like this seems a bit, beneath the status of one such as yourself."

Archpaladin Zousha
2011-04-14, 11:12 PM
"Oooh, Irish name! I come from Irish stock meself! I don't know if I'd say this place be beneath me though. The food here's awesome, fer one. Best wings I've had in a while."

Ridai
2011-04-15, 08:04 AM
"Please don't remind me of the window incident." Haruka shudders as she remembers the horrible sound and the pain she was in from the feedback since she was closest to the speakers at the moment. Perfect memory can be a curse. "Anyway, you made a bet with Ruth that you could power slide across a number of tables in one go while playing a few weeks ago. Well, let's just say you were more than a little tippsy and your aim was a bit off. You did get pretty far, though. Do you still owe her?" she asks, sipping on her water and grabbing a small roll from what Ruth left for them. Once everyone grabbed what they wanted, Haruka asks one of the waiters to pack the leftovers so they can take them with them after the show, not wanting to let them go to waste.

Rokku
2011-04-15, 09:24 AM
"Nah, we squared that," Lars shuddered, remembering what Ruth had put him through to square the bet, "we're uh, we're all good now."

Lesingnon
2011-04-15, 09:36 AM
"Yeah, so let's try to avoid doing something like that again." Even if the members of the crowd who didn't panic seemed to get a kick out of it, and even if he had managed to get some truly impressive air time out of it. It was the reason he'd become so much more insistent that neither he nor Ruth get drunk anymore until after the show. "Just try to leave this place in one piece."

Ridai
2011-04-15, 10:05 AM
"I hope she wasn't too rough on you." Haruka softly adds. Ruth can occasionally get out of hand when she's having fun. Lars can probably take it (probably), but Haruka mentions it just to be safe. She turns to Kenneth again, briefly placing a hand on his arm.

"Don't worry Kenneth, it'll be fine. Mistakes were made, but no one wants to ruin anyone's evening," she says gently and optimistically, still appreciating the reason behind his words.

A quick glance around the room reveals that there isn't enough space for her to warm up with her usual set of stretches (then again, her level of flexibility would draw too much attention anyway), making her concentrate on preparing equipment again or just spending time with the others.

Lesingnon
2011-04-15, 11:25 PM
"Oh, you know me," fingers flit briefly across the strings of his bass, sending quick melody thrumming through the air, "Always worrying about something." He lets his fingers flit along the strings a few more times, playing around with that initial melody a few times. Tweaking it, experimenting, before pressing his palm flat against the strings to silence the soft sounds of the un-amplified instrument.

Then he pulled a set of older drumsticks from the band's equipment, deftly spinning them between his fingers before offering them to Haruka. "Drums might be a bit too loud back here, but I'm sure you could get a little something going too if you want. We've got time to kill after all."

Ridai
2011-04-16, 03:35 AM
"Seems like it." Haruka takes the sticks and gets up from her seat, getting herself a bar stool with a metal bar in the back and a few glasses and bringing them back. She fills some of the glasses with water and leftover drinks, neatly lines them up and positions the bar stool in front of her. With a few quick strokes, Haruka tests how each glass and the parts of the bar stool (a nod to Phil Collins) sound before she begins improvising, hoping no one tries to imitate her this time. Too many glasses had to suffer because of people lacking her precision.

What starts as a swing rhythm played on the leather cushion slowly transitions into something more and more appropiate for the rock and metal genres as she speeds up, involving the metal back-rest and the legs of the stool into the play, followed by the glasses and the edge of the table, coaxing a surprising range of sounds from them all through her precision and control over how much strength she puts into each stroke, all while not damaging any of the glasses. The ground serves as her bass drums and the drummer continues to play relatively quietly, transitioning back and forth between a wide range of styles.

Judging by her face, it is obvious that Haruka enjoys herself, even though she has to hold back so she doesn't accidentally damage anything. She invites Kenneth and Lars to join her and adjusts her playing accordingly (or takes the lead, whatever is appropiate for the current song) to create a medley to pass the time.

Just for giggles:
Charisma + Art (drumming) + Legend (thanks to Haruka's birthright)
[roll0] + 2 successes from Epic Charisma

edit: 5 successes, just an amazing performance. :smalltongue:
Actually, not scoring many successes here is pretty good, serves as a nice primer for the real thing.

Kira_the_5th
2011-04-16, 07:35 AM
No, no, Fenny says, looking around, almost sniffing the air."You know, I'm sure you're family's got to be loaded or something, and this hole in the wall place just seems below a woman of your 'station' is all. Though I have to admit, these wings are pretty good.

Meanwhile...

"Heh, not bad, girl."

Watching Haruka's improvised performance is an Asian man, unusually tall and built like a tank. Name's Hiroto, I'm the drummer for Kallisti. Whaddaya say we meet after the show tonight?

"Morning Star! You're up!" A voice calls from the door. As the band gets up to leave, Fenny and Hiroto look up, and and then back to the girls. "Sorry," they say, almost in unison, "but we need to get ready. we're up next."

Anyone who wants to watch the bands before you is free to, just give me a count on who's where before we continue)

Ridai
2011-04-16, 08:21 AM
"Thanks." Haruka looks up to the stranger, giving a sweet smile. She doesn't miss a beat in her drumming while she does so. "Thank you for the offer, but I'll have to pass."

Once Hiroto and Fenny are gone, Haruka talks quietly to the others, still continuing her improvisation and not looking up. "Scions or Titanspawn, what do you think?" The number of signs regarding Kallisti (starting with their name) is steadily increasing, enough so that the hand of Fate might be involved. "I'll take a look at their performance and watch for mindaffecting powers."

Archpaladin Zousha
2011-04-16, 10:32 AM
Ruth pouts a little.

"Perhaps we can talk more later, after ye perform?"

Lesingnon
2011-04-16, 11:54 AM
Kenneth lets his fingers play across the strings, flitting through a variety of tunes as Haruka plays. Moving through a variety of melodies, counter-melodies, and harmonies. Letting himself drift off into the music, taking a simple joy in the notes filling the air around them.

And then coming to a sudden, almost jarring, stop as the Asian guy approaches them. Very straightforward, surprisingly so. Haruka's response to the sudden proposition was much more predictable.

And he found himself idly spinning the ring on his finger as he pondered Haruka's words, taking comfort from the knowledge that Leachtacha Imbas was always close at hand. There might not have been any overt signs of trouble yet, and it could have just been coincidence that both the guys who'd paid attention to the female Scions happened to be from the same band...but the first time he'd dismissed something as coincidence after his Visitation he'd nearly gotten his head taken off by a Nemean Buck. And he never dismissed the gut feelings of his fellow Scions. Mortals always said that fate worked in mysterious ways, they had no idea.

"I'll go with you up front." Lars's guitar would be more inconspicuous here than it would be out there. And if Haruka's suspicions were correct having weapons close at hand would be a wise precaution. It was times like this that he was especially grateful for the ring his mother had given him. "If you're right I don't think any of us should be on our own. Lars, can you stay back here with Ruth, give us a call or text if you see anything amiss?"

Ridai
2011-04-16, 01:19 PM
Haruka is grateful that she won't be out there alone. Reaching the end of her performance, she quietly recites what she remembers. "Kallisti, referring the inscription on the Golden Apple of Discord, thrown between Hera, Athena and Aphrodite by Eris for not having been invited to the wedding they attended. The inscription said 'to the fairest', causing a fight between the goddesses over who the apple belonged to that ultimately lead to the Trojan war." Tangential learning because of a movie in combination with perfect memory can do wonders, it seems. At this point, her playing stops.

"Let's hope the name was just chosen for it's sound." When it is time for Kallisti to start their performance, Haruka reaches into her messenger bag and pulls out the weighted chain she put in there, lying at the very bottom, and wraps it around her waist. That way she can pass it off as part of the act (since it mostly looks like a normal chain) and have it ready if it should come to a fight. If possible, Haruka watches from afar, either the sides or from the back, but not in the midst of the crowd, ready to resist any kind of suggestive influence.

Lesingnon
2011-04-16, 03:58 PM
Kenneth nodded as Haruka recounted what she remembered about the band's namesake. It was basically the same thing he remembered himself. It was the nice thing about having two people with eidetic memory, never had to worry about conflicting accounts between the two. "They did catch the attention of the two women in the band." Much as the apple had the three goddesses, albeit in a bit of a different manner.

Another nod, this one of approval, as he saw Haruka wrap the chain about her waist. Nice to see her thoughts mirroring his own in that regard. Back out front he positions himself behind her, and slightly off to the side. In a good location to watch her back in case something happened. After all, of the two of them she was the one they'd showed the most interest in so far.

Rokku
2011-04-16, 06:20 PM
Lars waves at Kenneth and Haruka's backs as they depart.

"Will do bro, you keep an eye on Sunshine, y'hear?"

Once they're gone, Lars gets up from his seat and starts stretching. He liked to move around a lot on the stage, and if there was gonna be a fight after... well, he was gonna need to be extra limber.

"So what'cha think sis, we gonna have some myth on myth action?"

Archpaladin Zousha
2011-04-16, 07:12 PM
"I'm always up for that, ya little Saxon!"

She pecks him on the cheek.

Kira_the_5th
2011-04-19, 09:54 PM
The lights in Mike's Place dim as Morning Star steps onstage to perform. Their songs are a smooth soft rock to start, before culminating in a more intense song to finish. The crowd seems to enjoy the band, although nothing spectacular.

Soon after, Kallisti steps up to perform as a few tables are pushed back away from the stage. In addition to Fenny and Hiroto, a blonde woman in punkish clothing steps up with them.
"We're Kallisti, and we're here to rock your worlds!" The band begins to play, a heavy punk rock number, and a mosh pit forms in front of the stage.

Erica: [roll0]
Fenny: [roll1]
Hiroto: [roll2]

For players, Perception+Awareness, please.

Ridai
2011-04-20, 02:45 AM
It quickly becomes obvious that the vocalist is carrying the performance as Haruka observes the crowd. She knows how people react, having played often enough and experienced a wide variety of reactions, so she looks for unusually strong reactions or that slight subdued sound the voice takes on when the mind is played with. Her ears dissect every sound for anything unusual.

Time for some experiments: stunting a perception check.
[roll0] + 1 success from Epic Perception + 1 success from Willpower

Lesingnon
2011-04-20, 08:27 AM
It was a small thing, but now that he was on edge it seemed to stick out like a sore thumb. So he leaned a bit closer to Haruka, voice little more than a soft murmur in her ear that would be practically impossible to hear over the music. "Worlds, plural?" Could she perhaps be referring to the Overworld, Underworld, and Mortal World? It wasn't as though people used the plural form often in the context of that phrase.

Then he leaned back, paying careful attention to his surroundings in search of anything amiss. And noting the performance of the band. The woman was good, very good...supernaturally so?

[roll0]

Ridai
2011-04-20, 10:17 AM
"Definitely." A quick glance towards the singer later: "This screams fatebinding." It can be very hard to notice a mortal acting out a role assigned by Fate, especially so in this kind of chaos. Regardless of that, Haruka has to try and spot any signs of fatebinding in the crowd if they should become apparent.

Lesingnon
2011-04-20, 03:49 PM
Kenneth's brow furrowed slightly as he pondered that statement. It wasn't really something he'd considered much at the moment. Fatebinding, in his experience, had generally proved to be something beings of Legend avoided. With good reason. Could these guys be trying to facilitate this, or had he misunderstood Haruka? "You think they brought some fatebound with them...or something else?"

Ridai
2011-04-21, 12:49 AM
"There's the possibility that at least the singer enhances her performance enough to cause it. Might not be the case, but we might as well check while we're at it."

Archpaladin Zousha
2011-04-21, 03:55 PM
Meanwhile, in the back, Ruth is mercilessly tickling Lars. And both of them are still clothed.

Kira_the_5th
2011-04-21, 10:53 PM
As Haruka and Kenneth look on at the audience as Kallisti plays, a few people seem to subtly change. Their eyes take on a glossy sheen, and they begin to bang their heads more fiercely. As the music plays, however, a strange sensation begins to sweep over the two. A foggy feeling, laced with rage, begins to seem into their heads.

Haruka and Kenneth, please give me a Charisma+Integrity check to shake off the magic

Lesingnon
2011-04-22, 12:10 AM
Kenneth's eyes narrowed as he spotted the change in the crowd. And he was just opening his mouth to warn Haruka when he felt the magic wash over him, swaying slightly on his feet as he felt its insidious tendrils attempt to sleep into his mind. A low growl subconsciously sounded in the back of his throat as he rallied his will to resist the intrusion, this perversion of music and inspiration. He would not succumb to it.

Cha 3 + Integrity 2 for a pool of 5; plus 1 auto suxx for Epic Charisma, spending a point of WP for an additional automatic success
[roll0]
5 WP left

Ridai
2011-04-22, 12:17 AM
Alarmed by the feeling, Haruka tries to close her mind to it. It seems their suspicions proved correct and Kallisti just pushed themselves deep into threat territory. But for them to do anything about it, they must not fall victim to them. Noticing that Kenneth is also assaulted by these sensations upsets Haruka quite a bit more, forcing her to improvise quickly. She leans back against Kenneth, subtly grasping his hand as she looks up to him, silently telling him that she notices too. It might cause a little embarassment for both afterwards, but maybe it will help to divert Kenneth's mind from the rage (and keep her own protected in the process, too).

Stunt to assist Kenneth, go!

Charisma + Integrity [roll0] + 2 successes

Kira_the_5th
2011-04-24, 09:33 PM
As the band plays, and the power begins to wash over Haruka and Kenneth, they are both able to hold their ground as an intense feeling of rage and chaos passes over them. The others in the crowd, not blessed with the divine will of the pair of scions, are not as resilient. As the music swells to a crescendo, An intense mosh pit begins to form towards the front of the stage, led by the glossy-eyed audience members who first fell under the music's sway. Soon, things begin to get out of hand, as a man picks up a table from the back and throws it into the pit.

Lesingnon
2011-04-24, 10:17 PM
Kenneth shakes his head violently as the emotional urges wash over him. But he took comfort from Haruka's presence at his side, against him. Drew strength from her, and with a deep breath he lets the compulsions wash harmlessly past him. Though much of the bar didn't seem so lucky. He looks down at her, giving a grateful smile and a reassuring squeeze of his hand even as he spun the two of them to interpose his body between hers and the fast-forming riot. So much for a nice performance to look forward to.

Haruka was his first priority, though. And concern was evident in both this gaze and tone as he spoke. "Thanks, are you alright?"

Then his free hand slid his phone from his pocket as he fired off a text to both Lars and Ruth. Divine precision and hand-eye coordination combined with perfect recall of the spacial layout of a touch screen and the phone's functions did wonders for letting you send one of those without really looking too closely at the screen.

~Kallisti's trouble, music incited a riot, can you cause technical difficulties?

Archpaladin Zousha
2011-04-24, 11:30 PM
Ruth blinks as she recieves the text, and fires off a reply immediately.

1 drunken raeg cumin rite up! ;)

She then picks up The Ol' Shillelagh and faux-stumbles onto the stage.

"HURRAH ME SOUL!" She bellows as she takes a swing at the leader.

Someone wanna fill me in on how many dice I should roll?

Ridai
2011-04-25, 02:49 AM
Relief suffuses Haruka, seeing that both of them are fine and Kenneth doesn't mind her closeness to him. She reciprocates his smile, taking comfort from being protected like this. "Yeah, I'm fine. It was my pleasure." Still, this isn't the place or time to share a moment.

As Ruth soon enters the stage, doing what she's best at, Haruka looks to Kenneth again. "Do you want me to fight Kallisti if it comes to that or should I try to calm down the crowd?" She leans towards the latter, even though she is uncertain if she can get through to the people with the Legend-induced rage in place. Still, she trusts in their band leader's judgment.

@Zousha: 6 dice. Dexterity (3) + Melee (3) + 0 Accuracy (Shillelagh). +1 automatic success from Epic Dexterity.

As a reminder for myself and the group: Using Legend in front of mortals will potentially screw us over later on and fatebinding can be downright lethal if it cuts us off from using Legend when we really need it. In those cases, Legend seems more like something to be used in case of emergency.

Lesingnon
2011-04-25, 08:21 AM
Kenneth winced slightly as Ruth charged the stage with her shillelagh, that wasn't quite what he had in mind. But if it managed to break whatever effect they were using, he wasn't about to protest all that much. The phone slipped back into his pocket as he turned his attention back to Haruka, urgency leaking into his tone now. "Try to calm down the crowd first. But," he tapped the chain wrapped around her waist, "Be ready to fight if it comes to that. And stick close to me." Having her on her own, and drawing attention to herself at a time like this, was a recipe for disaster. And he wasn't all that inclined to risk it unless the situation became very dire. And he was sure that Lars would be out soon to back up Ruth.

He releases her hand with a hint of reluctance, despite the situation, and begins rolling up the sleeves of his shirt. Normally he didn't like showing off. But he did also know that he was muscular, and with luck displaying that might dissuade someone who'd otherwise give them trouble. He also kept a wary eye on the bar. It hadn't escaped his notice that of the known members it had been a male redhead that had caught Ruth's attention, and a male Asian that had approached Haruka. He'd scarcely be surprised if they had their roots in Irish and Japansese mythology respectively. And the blonde hair of the lead singer, so closely associated with Scandinavia, could easily indicate a connection to Norse mythology. With the ways fate moved...there might well be a female with Irish roots roaming around as his counterpart. And if there was, he didn't want to be caught off guard by her.

Ridai
2011-04-25, 09:58 AM
Haruka nods and swiftly climbs up onto the backrest of the cushioned row of seats near her. If nothing else, the crowd, being predominantly male, hopefully at least responds to her looks, unless the rage is still in effect and too powerful. After the music aprubtly stops, she speaks up. "Hey guys, listen up! Frickin' awesome to see you're rocking out hard, but no one respects a guy tearing up the venue or attacking someone on purpose. The folks working here brought you these bands and are making a living in here and the others in the crowd just wanna have a good time, so respect the other fellows here. Things'll get going again soon, stay cool in the meantime." As she ends, Haruka winks at the crowd with a smile.

With Ruth being a fellow band member and currently stirring things up, dissuading the crowd not to cause trouble becomes a little harder. After she's done, Haruka hops down again and quietly talks to Kenneth. "We should get to Ruth and make sure things don't get out of hand."

Haruka readies an action to draw her chain when a fight starts.

Charisma + Presence (+ 3 because of her birthright Resplendent Lady's Inspiration) to calm down the crowd.
[roll0] + 2 successes

edit: 16 successes! More successes than dice, even without Epic Charisma! Oooh yeah, try to beat that, Kallisti! :smallbiggrin:

Rokku
2011-04-26, 05:16 PM
As Ruth runs off, Lars shows some restraint. He looks for the fuse box so he can cut power to Kallistri's instruments and mics, rather than jumping straight into the brawl.

Perception + Awareness: Looks like I broke the board dice code or something! 6d10=7,4,4,6,6,5 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2997468/)

Kira_the_5th
2011-04-27, 07:54 PM
Any squabble Ruth would have raised taking a swing at Kallisti's lead singer was quickly forgotten as Haruka moves to settle everyone down. A wave of calm sweeps over the entire crowd, leading them to a relaxed state in the seats.

While the folks in the crowd are calming down, the members of Kallisti stand stunned at what has just happened. Just as they begin to play again, the power from their instruments are cut by Ruth finding the breaker.

"Well, that was...exciting. the girl says. Uh, yeah, we're just gonna take a short break while things get worked out down there. We are Kallisti, and we'll be back to you in a moment!

Archpaladin Zousha
2011-04-27, 08:16 PM
Ruth's swing sails over the singer's head as the situation is quickly diffused.

She gets a sheepish look on her face that the others KNOW is fake.

"Sorry 'boot tha. Got a bit carried away with the Guinness backstage!" she says with a giggle.

Lesingnon
2011-04-27, 08:45 PM
He'd known Haruka for a while now, he certainly knew that she was in her element in almost any social situation. And he'd seen her perform feats that any mortal, and even a lot of Scions, could only dream of. It was something he'd even almost come to expect. But the ease and quickness with which she calmed the entire bar, riled by some manner of spell, with nothing more than a few well chosen words left him practically speechless.

As she jumps down next to him he can't help but shake his head softly, as if he can still scarcely believe it. "Have I mentioned recently how amazing you are?" Man, not even Kallisti seemed to have it in them to retaliate against Ruth after her speech.

And a triumphant grin only widens when the power to the instruments is cut. That must have been Lars's handiwork, and it was pretty much exactly what he'd been hoping for when he sent out that text. He'd have to buy the son of Thor a drink or two once this mess was all straightened out. "Ha, looks like whatever they were planning definitely isn't happening now. Come on, let's get backstage. I think we need to...speak with them, at least."

Ridai
2011-04-28, 02:52 AM
Haruka blushes softly, caught by surprise by Kenneth. Things went better than expected, to the point where she could glimpse a small portion of her mother Amaterasu's true greatness, but also the responsibility that comes with it. Still, feeling closer to her mom is a great feeling. As is being praised by Kenneth.

"It was luck, to be honest. I'm just glad things have settled down, but... thank you." There is no denying that Haruka is happy with the outcome of this situation, in more ways than one, as she warmly and innocently smiles up to Kenneth. However, her memories of her last relationship and how it ended creep into her mind again, making her resist another urge. She knows Kenneth is a much better person than that guy, but the scars are still present.

"Hopefully this is some kind of misunderstanding so we can resolve this peacefully." With that, Haruka follows her band leader, but stops along the way, seeing someone who got injured a bit by the table. "Could somebody look after that man's injuries?" she asks the audience and employees present, hoping their calmness also aids their willingness to help.

Do you have to be 18 or 21 years old to be allowed in bars and such? I'm thinking Haruka is around 19 years old (as the youngest of the group), but I could adjust that to 21 if that is a problem.

Lesingnon
2011-04-28, 09:29 AM
"Luck can only account for so much. I don't think I know anyone else who could have done that." Well, his Mother, but that was hardly a fair comparison.

He doesn't miss the subtle signs that something is troubling her, but unfortunately now wasn't quite the time to dwell on it. And the reasonable assumption was that it had something to do with their current troubles anyway. Maybe he could ask her about it later.

"Could be..." he murmurs in response to her second statement, though he sounds far from convinced. At least far from convinced that it was a mere misunderstanding. He wasn't particularly looking for a fight either. But it was hard to see how that emotional effect could have been anything other than deliberate. And if Kallisti was intentionally trying to prey up on or exploit mortals, well, he wouldn't shy from a fight. "We'll find out when we have a chance to talk to them."

And then he starts making his way backstage, though he pauses when Haruka does by the injured man. He'd rather not see any of the band members left alone given the recent events, especially not her. He did feel a bit of impatience nagging at the edge of his thoughts, though, an urge to find Kallisiti and see if they could get this whole mess straightened out.

Ridai
2011-04-28, 09:44 AM
Haruka doesn't answer after hearing the second compliment, instead she blushes harder, looks away and embarassedly rubs her neck. The young drummer never takes such things for granted, just as she doesn't simply dismiss criticism.

She only stops for a moment to turn the audience's attention to the injured man and quickly follows Kenneth backstage again, keeping close to him. Haruka is as eager to protect the people as he is, but she wants to know the reason for the incident first.

Rokku
2011-04-28, 02:24 PM
Lars flips the power back on once Kallisti's off stage and heads back to the rest of the group.

"So, they're magic huh? Is it time to kick some ass?"

Archpaladin Zousha
2011-04-28, 05:12 PM
"Let's find out!" Ruth says excitedly as she bounds after Kenneth and Haruka.

Lesingnon
2011-04-29, 09:47 AM
Kenneth nods in response to Ruth's exuberant exclamation. "That's the idea." And after a moment's consideration, "Bring your guitar." He always did prefer to err on the side of caution, and it wasn't as though Kallisti was likely to know that it could transform into a potent weapon. "Nice job with the power, by the way."

Then he looked around briefly to locate Kallisti, and headed straight off in their direction.

Rokku
2011-04-29, 11:47 PM
Lars slung his guitar over one shoulder and his free arm around Kenneth in a bro hug.

"Thanks bro. You know I always got your back!"

Archpaladin Zousha
2011-05-02, 09:55 PM
"I hope we figure this oot soon. I wanna know if I'm gonna clobber that cute guy I was talkin' to or bang him."

Kira_the_5th
2011-05-03, 12:56 AM
Backstage, the members of Kallisti are talking to each other as the band strolls in. As they enter, the woman who was leading the band turns to the group. "So, I should have known when Fenny here smelled something off. What'd you go and do that for?"

Lesingnon
2011-05-03, 01:16 AM
The question actually catches Kenneth by surprise. He thought that their motivation would have been obvious, given how quickly it had come in response to their emotional urges sweeping through the crowd. Not to mention that anyone who knew the truth of what they were doing could scarce help but object? "Some of us were in the crowd, we felt what you were doing, and did our best to stop a riot." The request/demand for an explanation was left to hung unspoken in the air between them.

But he was also loathe to simply wait and hear their explanation. These individuals were dangerous, they'd proved that already. And he had to know whether they were Scions or Titanspawn. And there was one way for him to do that. He called upon the latent power of his divine heritage, opening his senses and broadening his intuition. Calling upon the powers of Enech, the eye of Brehon, in attempt to read the enechsenchas of Kallisti's members.

Enech 1, Legend 9->8
[roll0]

Ridai
2011-05-03, 10:58 AM
Haruka remains silent by Kenneth's side. She has to see Kallisti's reaction to his explanation first to see whether they really didn't know what they were doing or if they did it on purpose. She can always step in to try and diffuse the situation if things get heated.

Rokku
2011-05-03, 11:36 PM
"Yeah, we're all for rockin' out," says Lars, "but we don't want a club full'a norms trampling each other to death."

Kira_the_5th
2011-05-04, 09:23 PM
As Kenneth opens his eyes, a swirling aura of spirit whirls around the members of Kallisti. His eyes are immediately drawn to the woman in front of him.

She carries the destiny of a Rogue; Expression is the most important thing to her, but a dark, pulsating feeling of Rapacity lingers in the dark corners of her heart.

Hiroto's aura is the next most obvious, pulsing more clearly than Fenny's.
His destiny is that of the Libertine. Expression mixes with Intellect, with a touch of Valor hidden beneath his tough exterior.

Meanwhile, the woman laughs at the band's protests. "I wouldn't call it a riot... Not yet, anyway... Anyway, how about a little wager? There's still time for an encore after the show. We'll let the people decide who they want. We both know we're...better than the other bands out there. It's down to the two of us. If the crowd chooses you, we'll bow out peacefully. If we win, however, you leave us to our fun with the audience. After all, it's what they want. How's that sound?

Archpaladin Zousha
2011-05-04, 09:42 PM
"So a contest then? Sounds like fun! Here's hopin' we win. Wouldn't wanna hash up any o' yer pretty faces afore I've had MY fun." Ruth purrs, licking her lips a bit.

Lesingnon
2011-05-05, 10:05 AM
A corrupted Scion then, it seemed. At least it seemed to be the most likely explanation for the girl. He wondered if her band-mates even had any idea. Not that it mattered. There came times in every man's life where he was presented by what only appeared to be a choice. When values dictated a decision more than any preference or desire ever could. And though he preferred to avoid battle he was of the Tuatha de Danaan, he could hardly shy from it.

And if he were to willfully allow them to continue perverting art and inspiration in such a manner how could he ever look his mother in the eye again?

Sometimes there were lines drawn in the sand that one could not cross, no matter the circumstance.

The muscles bunch at the corner of his jaw, eyes hardened with resolve as they locked with the lead singer's. And his voice held not the slightest waver, or barest hint of uncertainty. "I can do no less than everything in my power to prevent mortals from being preyed upon by one with a Dark Virtue festering in her soul."

Ridai
2011-05-05, 12:07 PM
Haruka frowns a little at Ruth's reaction, but Ruth is Ruth and Haruka knows she ultimately wants to do what's right, namely stopping Kallisti. As hears Kenneth, her eyes lock onto the singer and take on a predatory sharpness. The air around Haruka and Kallisti seems to grow freezingly cold, her presence seemingly draining every bit of comfort from the very space around them.

"A traitor against her own kin, then." Although she isn't as traditional as a daughter of Amaterasu maybe should be, Haruka feels that it is her utmost duty to do everything she can to stop the titans' minions.

Obligatory Charisma + Presence as Haruka reveals her more intimidating sides.
[roll0] + 2 successes

Ready action to draw chain if hostilities start.

Archpaladin Zousha
2011-05-05, 03:58 PM
Ruth shrugs.

"I guess that answers tha' question."

She hefts the Ol' Shillelagh and an almost maniacal grin comes to her face.

"LET'S RUMBLE!"

Rokku
2011-05-06, 05:36 PM
"**** yeah, it's go time!"

Lars swings Thunderbolt forward and strikes a power cord, bringing the weapon soul of the instrument forth.

Kira_the_5th
2011-05-06, 07:22 PM
Join Battles:

Erinn: [roll0]

Kira_the_5th
2011-05-07, 01:24 AM
Real Kallisti Join Battles:

Erinn: [roll0]

Lesingnon
2011-05-07, 08:28 AM
In retrospect, Kenneth probably shouldn't have been all that surprised that the statement induced a fight. Still, he hadn't quite expected it. Partially because he was wondering if the girl even knew about that taint of Rapacity. But what was done was done. Maybe in the future, though, they'd have to arrive at some sort of definite signal to indicate that they should start getting violent.

So he could make sure he was armed first.

[roll0]

Ridai
2011-05-07, 09:48 AM
The weighted chain unravels from around Haruka's waist in one swift motion before it ends up in her hands, marking her as ready for battle. The prospect of fighting other Scions backstage doesn't sit well with her, but she can't do anything about it. She just hopes there won't be too much collateral damage, not wanting to see others get wounded or the venue being ruined. And she hopes she won't get in the way of her friends.

See OOC for Join Battle (1 success)

Rokku
2011-05-08, 02:03 AM
Join Battle [roll0]: 5 successes

Archpaladin Zousha
2011-05-08, 02:30 PM
Ruth's Join Battle rolls:

[roll0]

Kira_the_5th
2011-05-11, 11:37 PM
Battle Wheel:
Tick 0: Fenny
Tick 1:
Tick 2:
Tick 3: Erinn, Lars
Tick 4:
Tick 5: Hiroto
Tick 6: Kenneth, Haruka, Ruth
Tick 7:
Tick 8:

Seeing the scene start to descend into violence, Fenny looks around sharply before noticing a set of minor pyrotechnic supplies set up for the next band. With a flick of his wrist, sparks erupt from the tubes, setting fire to the curtains. As smoke begins to fill the air of the pub, Fenny takes a step back.
Sensing this is her cue, the Erinn jumps back as well, clutching a gold bracelet around her arm. Then, looking up, she stares straight into Kenneth's eyes.

[roll0] +1 auto

Kenneth:
Give me a Willpower+Integrity+Legend roll at a -2 die penalty, please.

Lesingnon
2011-05-12, 10:12 AM
Fire. Assuming he was a Scion of the Tuatha de Danaan there was only one Goddess from the pantheon who could produce a relic capable of manipulating that event from. Unless there was another one he'd not heard of capable of setting off pyrotechnics, or he'd managed to acquire it from some other pantheon. Something to ask his Mother about next time he saw her.

Then he noticed the girl trying to make eye contact. And everyone who'd ever seen any movie or read any book with supernatural creatures knew that someone trying to make eye contact with you was a bad idea. He could always have just closed his eyes. But that would've left him blind, which would not be a good thing here. So instead he shifts to the side, letting the thickening smoke interpose itself between the two of them. Maybe it would help.

And he had one other trick up his sleeve. There were certainly a few other places you could look if you wanted to avoid eye contact that could still allow you to read the movements of your opponent. One in particular which might fluster her. And he'd take every advantage he could get. So he simply did what most red-blooded men had to resist doing when confronted with a beautiful woman anyway, and dropped his gaze to stare squarely at her chest.

Then he felt the waves of her influence crash against his mind. Many would have steeled their mind against it. But he was a Scion of Bridgid, with her element all around him. The flames climbing the curtains held a whole different meaning for him than they did for most anyone else. So he seized upon them, the imbas, the sacred inspiration. He let them blaze wild inside his own mind to sear away the intrusion.

Willpower + Legend + Integrity -2 leaves him with a pool of 9. And I threw in three stunts in as many paragraphs, ordered in what I considered to be least to most helpful/awesome.
roll results edited in from the OOC thread because I screwed up the code here
[1][8][5][7][2][10][4][10][5]: 6 Successes

Kira_the_5th
2011-05-12, 08:59 PM
As the fires burn around him, Kenneth feels divine force surging through him, pushing back the waves of chaos clouding his mind. Erinn flinches, a small backlash caused from her lack of focus on the job at hand.

Battle Wheel:
Tick 3: Lars
Tick 4:
Tick 5: Hiroto, Fenny
Tick 7:
Tick 8: Erinn
Tick 9:
Tick 10:
Tick 11:

Kira_the_5th
2011-05-16, 09:20 PM
As Lars stands watching Erinn's attempt to cloud Kenneth's mind, a fist comes to strike at him from off to the side. Meanwhile, Fenny stares at the flames, causing them to rise higher.

Hiroto Brawl Attack vs. Lars:

[roll0]+2 auto

Battle Wheel:

Tick 7:
Tick 8: Erinn, Lars
Tick 9:
Tick 10: Fenny
Tick 11: Hiroto
Tick 12:
Tick 13:
Tick 14:

Ridai
2011-05-17, 06:46 AM
Haruka bursts into motion from one moment to the next, beelining straight towards the pyromaniac staring at the curtain. Fluidly navigating over the furniture and food between seems like the most normal thing in the world for the Scion, her weighted chain seemingly and suddenly disappearing from sight as she punts the one open beer keg that Ruth had barely started yet.

The next thing Fenny notices is a demolished keg that bursts open in midair and flies towards the heavy curtain, splashing its contents onto the fabric, followed by a buzzing sound and that of glass hitting glass. When he briefly turns to see what is going on, Haruka has already launched herself at him, twisting and spinning in the air to maximize the power she throws various water bottles and glasses towards Fenny with her chain, covering a wide arc generally aimed towards the curtain.

With the momentary distraction (and effort against the spreading fire) done, Haruka manages one last acrobatic spin, her chain spiraling around her body, before gracefully landing on both feet and bringing the weighted end down onto her target, aiming straight for the temples of his head.

The first two paragraphs are literally mostly fluff, more or less, to setup the real attack at the end. I don't really expect supernaturally fueled fire to be put out that easily. Cat's Grace and Epic Dexterity 2 should make stepping onto the littered table and onto the back rests of various chairs pretty easy.

Haruka activates Untouchable Opponent

Dexterity + Melee (Speed 4, DV -1, 6B + 1 auto-success)
[roll0] + 2 auto-successes
(Wrong roll tag, rolled here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=11007883&postcount=54) in the OOC)
(8d10)[10][6][8][4][4][1][7][2](42) + 2 auto-successes | 6 total

DDV/PDV: 9/8
Legend: 8/9
Willpower: 5/6

Lesingnon
2011-05-17, 08:26 AM
With but a thought Leachtacha Imbas appeared in Kenneth's hand. And he took no small amount of comfort from the familiar weight of divinely-wrought steel. Legend suffusing his body, allowing him to take full advantage of his divine grace. While his muscles tensed and coiled, preparing to spring. The girl, whose mental manipulations he was well and truly sick of by now; the redhead, whose reckless destruction was fast raising Kenneth's ire. The only question was which target to choose.

Activating Untouchable Opponent seems to be reflexive? If so he'll spend one legend to activate it. Also, he uses his birthright ring to summon Leachtacha Imbas to his hand. That's a miscellaneous action, speed 5, so his next action should come on Tick 11.

Legend: 7/9
WP: 5/6
DDV/PDV: 8/7

Kira_the_5th
2011-05-19, 08:59 AM
As Lars is distracted by the scene around him, Hiroto's punch connects well, knocking him to the floor. Fenny is equally unlucky, unable to dodge out of the way of Haruka's chain, he's hit squarely on the head.

Damage: [roll0] +1 auto

Erinn looks around beofre trying to subdue Haruka with another wave of chaos. She levels her gaze at Haruka, calling out to her as she begins to speak. It starts as a quiet noise, before crescendoing into a roar in a strange language.

To anyone with a few dots in academics, it sounds like ancient Greek, except for a strange, almost corrupted feeling to it.

Anyway, [roll1] +1 auto

Haruka, make a W+I+L roll at -3, please.

Battle Wheel:

Tick 10: Fenny, Haruka
Tick 11: Hiroto, Kenneth, Ruth
Tick 12:
Tick 13: Erinn
Tick 14:
Tick 15:
Tick 16:
Tick 17:
Tick 18:

Ridai
2011-05-19, 11:05 AM
Haruka briefly turns towards Erinn, her gaze caught by the titans' slave. However, instead of trying to avert her eyes, the young Scion challenges her foe directly to a battle of wills, pushing against the hostile influence. What a waste of such a beautiful voice and body. Haruka looks deep Erinn's eyes, unbreakable will reinforcing the intensity of her own stare before she goes for the finishing blow in this small challenge. Suddenly, she chuckles. "Practice your growling, girl." And she nonchalantly turns her attention back to Fenny.

From one moment to the next, wind starts to blow towards the Irish young man as Haruka's chain seems to be everywhere in front of her, forming almost a solid wall of steel moving at blinding speed. There are occasional strikes whipping just past Fenny, but closing in more and more. What looks like the definitive attack coming from one side turns out to be a feint as Haruka passes him instead, whispering a soft, tempting breath into his ear, the conflicting signals aiming to confuse.

The chain's weight describes a wide arc before wrapping around the man's body. Planting a foot in the small of his back, Haruka suddenly pulls with all her might with her back turned, aiding the attempt with her foot pushing the man up and over her shoulder, only made possible by her considerable flexibility. To finish the maneuver, Haruka suddenly pulls the chain down hard, leaning into the motion, to bring her enemy crashing onto the ground.

Willpower + Integrity + Legend - 3[roll0]
Spend WP to ignore the effects.

Dexterity + Melee (Speed 4, DV -1, 6B + 1 auto-success)
[roll1] + 2 auto-successes

Willpower: 4/6

Lesingnon
2011-05-19, 03:02 PM
Kenneth's eyes narrow as Erinn looses another wave of...whatever it is. This one somehow managing to get under his skin even more than the previous two. Her, she's the one he'd deal with. Especially since Haruka seemed to have things with Fenny wrapped up pretty nicely.

"That's enough from you." Then his body erupted into an all-out charge, bearing down on the blonde. His axe held low at his side, ready to strike as he closed to within striking range. And then, suddenly, he wasn't in front of her. His legs flexed and sprung, flinging him into the air over her head. He tucked his body into a twisting somersault. And it wasn't until he began falling to the ground behind her that he struck, every muscle in his body snapping in unison as he tapped the force of gravity from the fall and centrifugal force from the spin to maximize the damage the blade could inflict as it drove towards her back.

Attacking with Leachtacha Imbas is Speed 4, so he acts again on Tick 15.

To hit
[roll0]+2 automatic+applicable stunting dice
Damage (if applicable)
[roll1]+1 automatic +applicable stunting dice + dice from threshold successe
Whoops, forgot to add in the dice for Kenneth's strength to damage, rolled it in the OOC
(4d10)[2][10][9][1](22)

Legend: 7/9
WP: 5/6
DDV/PDV: 8/7

Archpaladin Zousha
2011-05-21, 09:22 PM
"SAXON!" Ruth cries when she sees Lars hit the floor. She looks furiously at Hiroto.

"You're gonna f*cking GET IT, MOTHERF*CKER!!!"

She begins spinning the Ol' Shillelagh over her head and then brings it down on Hiroto's head, creating a barrage of strikes as the spinning cudgel whaps him in the head like the spokes of a wheel.

When the cudgel runs out of momentum, she takes it in both hands and swings it at him like a baseball bat.

"DA DA DA DA DA DA! HOME RUN!!!"

The blow sends him flying towards the wall, blasting him through it.

Attack (speed 5, DV -1, 12B + 2 auto-successes, penetrating)
Dexterity + Melee [roll0]

Kira_the_5th
2011-07-02, 09:25 PM
Haruka's assault strikes Fenny hard, stunning him just long enough to take the ground out from under him. The wiry redhead slams through a table on the way down, and doesn't get back up.

Erinn tries to leap out of the way of Kenneth's strike, but isn't quite fast enough. The axe sinks into her arm, but she still stands. Hobbling back, she begins to chant once again, more angrily than before, as Kenneth feels another wave of chaos wash over him...

Erinn attack:
[roll0] +1 auto[/rollv]

As Ruth's swing comes in at Hiroto, he grabs the Ol' Shillelagh and reaches to punch Ruth away from the weapon. Grabbing the staff with his right hand, he launches a powerful elbow to leverage it and push.

Hiroto Brawl vs. Ruth:
To hit: [roll1] +2 auto
Damage (if applicable) [roll2] +2 auto Bashing

If Hiroto hits, a contested Str+Brawl roll to disarm
[roll3] +2 auto

Battle Wheel:

Tick 14: Haruka
Tick 15: Kenneth
Tick 16: Ruth
Tick 17: Hiroto
Tick 18: Erinn

Ridai
2011-07-03, 10:07 AM
Haruka follows her motion through, bringing her upright back down in front of her in a full circle. A quick look at the fire later, she makes a mental note to end this as quickly as possible. Ruth could put out the fire with her cauldron, but she seems tied up at the moment.

Yanking her chain free, the Scion begins to quickly move behind Erinn, with Haruka's weapon circling under her as she butterflies to the side to create space to move. Once in position, she spins towards Erinn, the chain following her motions and wrapping around the corrupted Scion's form. Haruka catches the weighted end of her chain, presses against Erinn's back to limit her mobility even further and begins to pull hard on both ends of her weapon, aiming to crush Erinn to unconsciousness between the links, opening her up for Kenneth.

Even though she dislikes resorting to such tactics, Haruka uses the opportunity to shout towards Hiroto in Japanese. "<Hey, Hiro-chan! Why not come here and show me if you're as much of a pansy with your hands as your drumming tells me!>" Her voice is taunting as it slings verbal barbs towards the traitor against the Amatsukami.

Yay, the game continues! :smallbiggrin:

Did Haruka's previous maneuvers stop the fire from spreading for a moment?

Could you please tell us how many stunt dice our last actions were worth as well as how many successes we got off them (and continue to do so on future updates)? The stunt dice are really, really important, as they let us recover our ressources and might help us succeed (and they are additional motivation).

Dexterity + Melee (Speed 4, DV -1, 6B + threshold successes + 1 auto-success)
[roll0] + 2 auto-successes + stunt successes

Willpower: 4/6

Kira_the_5th
2011-07-05, 02:18 PM
Erinn is stuck head on by Haruka's blow, sending her crashing into another table.

Haruka:

4 carry over from the attack, with one success added from stunting. Roll damage, and please remind me if I ever forget to mention the stunting bonuses, I always forget they regen Legend, too.

Kira_the_5th
2011-07-05, 02:20 PM
Erinn is stuck head on by Haruka's blow, sending her crashing into another table.

Haruka:

4 carry over from the attack, with one success added from stunting. Roll damage, and please remind me if I ever forget to mention the stunting bonuses, I always forget they regen Legend, too.

Lesingnon
2011-07-05, 10:30 PM
Kenneth feels Erinn's insidious will clash against his once more. But he's having none of it, not now. Brigid's divine flames burn bright in his mind, searing the corrupted Scion's influence to nothingness before it can affect him.

And he flashes Haruka a fierce grin of thanks as he sees Erinn go down. Just because he was never eager to fight didn't mean his warrior blood couldn't be raised. He was of the Tuatha de Danaan after all, a people who had taken and held Ireland against all comers until voluntarily relinquishing it to the Milesians.

Then he whirled towards Hiroto and Ruth, head turning ahead of his body to give him a few precious moments to take in the scene. Leachtacha Imbas rises above his head, one hand firmly gripping the but of the handle with the other wrapped loosely further up the haft. Just like splitting wood back on the farm. Maybe it wasn't exactly an ideal combat stroke, but with Hiroto's arm straining to play tug of war with Ruth he couldn't exactly move that limb out of harm's way too easily. And as every muscle in Kenneth's body fired in one sinuous motion, topmost hand sliding down to add to the explosive power of the blow, the young son of Brigid wondered how well Hiroto would be able to play tug of war should Brigid's steel find it's mark on the inside of his elbow.

11 Dice to hit again, + 2 Autosuccesses
[roll0]
If it hits, base damage is 11d10 plus 1 auto-success.
WP spent to shrug off Erinn's assault 5->4

Kira_the_5th
2011-07-06, 02:15 PM
Kenneth's axe buries itself into Hiroto's arm, as he gives a scream of pain. Grappling with Ruth, he had no chance to evade, and took the full force of the blow.

+1 stunting bonus
[roll0]+1 auto Lethal

Hiroto uses a Legend to convert the damage to Bashing

Hiroto's arm seems bloody, but the wound doesn't seem particularly bad. He still gives a grimace of pain, however, as he clings to the Ol' Shillelagh.

Archpaladin Zousha
2011-07-07, 05:02 PM
Ruth yanks on The Ol' Shillelagh with all her might. She couldn't let her weapon go. Dad'd kill her! She focuses all her attention in keeping her precious Relic out of enemy hands.

[roll0] plus 2 auto-successes.

Ruth will spend one Willpower point.

Archpaladin Zousha
2011-07-09, 05:55 PM
Ruth yanks the cudgel free from Hiroto's hands, but smelling smoke, she turns to the growing fire.

"HOLD 'EM OFF! I'll HANDLE THIS!"

She hoists up the Cauldron of the Dagda, and then turns to where the blaze is strongest.

"Hope this'll be enough," she mutters as she slings the water in the cauldron at the fire. A huge torrent, but certainly not an endless one.

Kira_the_5th
2011-07-13, 09:27 AM
Ruth's torrent quenches most of the fire, leaving the room rapidly with smoke and steam. Through the thick smoke, vision is impaired, and the smoke is dangerous even to the lungs of a scion.

(I'll need a Stamina+Fortitude roll from everyone, just one success to shrug off breathing in smoke, unless you have some other cool way of staying fine.)

Those with Sun 1 or 3 successes on (Perception+Awareness):
Through the smoke, the members of Kallisti see an opening. Hiroto grabs the unconscious Fenny off the ground, and flees for the exit. Erinn follows, leaving a golden apple on the ground behind her.

Archpaladin Zousha
2011-07-13, 11:56 AM
Stamina+Fortitude roll:
[roll0] plus two automatic successes from Epic Stamina.

Perception+Awareness roll:
[roll1] Do I subtract a roll because I'm untrained in Awareness?

Ridai
2011-07-13, 01:45 PM
With smoke billowing up, Haruka spins both ends of her chain towards some towels, now drenched with the liquids that were thrown around the place, twisting them around the links. The Scion whirls her chain through the air at a speed making the chain and towels look like blurs of color, aiming to binds smoke with the wet towels and blow back whatever comes towards the unconscious Lars before throwing the towels agains the remainders of the fire, putting them out.

While she can't see Kallisti anymore, she still can hear them. "Ruth, get Lars out of here!" Following the direction of the running noises, Haruka goes after the corrupted Scions. They are wounded and Erinn doesn't look like the athletic type, so Haruka should have an edge against them thanks to her mobility.

Still waiting on how many stunt dice Haruka received for her attacks.

Archpaladin Zousha
2011-07-13, 03:20 PM
Ruth nabs Lars off the floor and takes him out of the building.

"ONE A' YOU BASTARDS CALL 911! THEM KALLISTI PUNKS SET A FIRE AN' HURT MA FRIEND! WE NEED A F*CKING AMBULENCE! STAT!" she bellows as the two burst through the bar and out the front door.

Lesingnon
2011-07-13, 05:59 PM
"Haruka, wait up!" It wasn't exactly a hard decision to make. Hiroto and Erinn may have both been wounded, but letting Haruka run off into a potential two on one battle seemed inadvisable for so many reasons. And it wasn't as though he was expecting Ruth to run into much danger getting medical help. So he plunged in after Amaterasu's daughter. She was at least close enough for him to see. And maybe that great hearing she had would let her follow Kallisti more easily than he could.

If not...at least he didn't have to worry about coughing on all the smoke. He'd have to thank his mother for that.