PDA

View Full Version : What tier is this?

Amridell
2011-04-10, 10:49 PM
I'm trying to optimize a ranger/scout (3rd-4th lvl) and wondered: What would the tier be for my current idea? Obviously, an archer. Hence, with the feats (but not yet skills);

Elf Ranger:2/Scout:1
Best score: Dexterity
Dump score: Charisma
Weapons: Composite longbow, longsword/shortsword
Feats:
1st level (scout): Point blank shot, precise shot
2nd level (ranger):N/A
3rd level (more ranger): Rapid shotB, swift hunter
Skills to focus on: Hide, move silently, tumble

Any suggestions are welcome.

tanderson11
2011-04-10, 10:49 PM
Tier 4 + Tier 4 = Tier 4?

SuperFish
2011-04-10, 10:55 PM
A better tier 4.

But still a tier 4.

Amridell
2011-04-10, 10:56 PM
Ah. Thanks, I really just wanted to know what to brag to my friends. But is it a good build?

Greenish
2011-04-10, 11:02 PM
Ah. Thanks, I really just wanted to know what to brag to my friends. But is it a good build?Pretty basic swift hunter. It's okay, but you'll want to get a way to gain free movement.

Oh, and you don't actually qualify for Swift Hunter with Scout 1/Ranger 2.

SuperFish
2011-04-10, 11:06 PM
I played a Swift Hunter from level four through twelve. It's certainly playable, and can do a lot of damage, but nothing awe-inspiring.

Pick up a Belt of Battle and Chronocharm of the Horizon Walker, if MIC is available. Those will help you get free movements to activate Skirmish on full-attacks.

Amridell
2011-04-11, 06:46 PM
I played a Swift Hunter from level four through twelve. It's certainly playable, and can do a lot of damage, but nothing awe-inspiring.

Pick up a Belt of Battle and Chronocharm of the Horizon Walker, if MIC is available. Those will help you get free movements to activate Skirmish on full-attacks.

They aren't. But if I have the book, I should be able to get them. What are they from?

Pretty basic swift hunter. It's okay, but you'll want to get a way to gain free movement.

Oh, and you don't actually qualify for Swift Hunter with Scout 1/Ranger 2.

What DO I need? I just googled it.

PollyOliver
2011-04-11, 07:07 PM
You need skirmish +1d6/1 AC and favored enemy, so ranger 1, scout 3.