PDA

View Full Version : Finding a New Feat

Elric VIII
2011-04-10, 11:12 PM
I am currently playing a Cleric/Bone Knight and I originally had the feat Steady Concentration (you can take 10 on concentration checks). I have recently been realizing that, while it was useful for a few levels when casting while mounted, it's pretty pointless now.

I would like to find something useful to replace it. I have already tried Reserves of Strength (great when you're immune to stun), but I felt that was a bit too good.

My feats are:
{table=head]Feat | Source
Blooded| Flaw Feat
Corpsecrafter| Flaw Feat
Extend Spell| Planning Domain Feat
Quicken Spell| Human Feat
Improved Initiative| Level 1 Feat
Practiced Spellcaster| Level 3 Feat
Power Attack| Fighter Feat
Steady Concentration| Level 6 Feat
Divine Fortune| Level 9 Feat
Easy Metamagic: Quicken| Level 12 Feat
Persistent Spell| Level 15 Feat
Easy Metamagic: Persist| Level 18 Feat[/table]

Improved Initiative + Blooded + Sign(SPC version) has been a great, so something that helps add to initiative would be nice. Sadly I can't take Yondalla's Sense because I'm not a Halfling.

I want to get Persistent Spell at level 15 at the latest, but other than that, most of the feats can be rearanged (with the limitation of those applicable to the Fighter Feat slot and Planning Domain).

I am currently level 15, but we frequently have banks of time over which we can use the retraining rules.

Keld Denar
2011-04-10, 11:19 PM
Um, how about Divine Defiance (FCII). It gives you an immediate action counterspell option at the cost of a turn attempt per activation. Not bad if you keep a couple of GDMs prepped.

I also like Quick Recovery (Lords of Madness) as a filler feat. Its nice for getting out of Blasphemy locks. You are immune to stunning, but not daze. Its a solid feat. No prereqs.

Do you use any attack spells? Arcane Mastery lets you take 10 on CL checks, which is handy if you have something like DSP to spike your CL. If you have a decent CL for your level, Arcane Mastery turns ALL of your spells into SR:No. It's also handy for taking 10 on dispel magic attempts which are a form of CL check.

The-Mage-King
2011-04-10, 11:19 PM
Move persist to 6th, take DMM (Persist) at 15.

You can never go wrong with DMM.

Elric VIII
2011-04-11, 12:57 PM
Um, how about Divine Defiance (FCII). It gives you an immediate action counterspell option at the cost of a turn attempt per activation. Not bad if you keep a couple of GDMs prepped.

That's actually a really good one.

I also like Quick Recovery (Lords of Madness) as a filler feat. Its nice for getting out of Blasphemy locks. You are immune to stunning, but not daze. Its a solid feat. No prereqs.

Not bad, makes those Balor easier to kill.

Do you use any attack spells? Arcane Mastery lets you take 10 on CL checks, which is handy if you have something like DSP to spike your CL. If you have a decent CL for your level, Arcane Mastery turns ALL of your spells into SR:No. It's also handy for taking 10 on dispel magic attempts which are a form of CL check.

Sadly, I need to be an arcane caster for that (or at least have 1 arcane CL).
EDIT: How do you know if something is a SLA? Does my Fill the Ranks ability count (if I recall correctly, all SLAs are considered arcane)?

Move persist to 6th, take DMM (Persist) at 15.

You can never go wrong with DMM.

I promised my DM that I'd avoid this particular bit of mischief.

HalfDragonCube
2011-04-11, 02:51 PM
Leadership if your cha is decent, which I expect it would be.

Elric VIII
2011-04-11, 04:47 PM
Leadership if your cha is decent, which I expect it would be.

I went down that path once (it was my original level 9 feat). My DM decided, since I was the untouchable party tank, that my cohorts were walking bags of hp, rather than background support characters.