PDA

View Full Version : Meetup Mini Melbourne Meetup Wednesday 13th April Starts 5-6pm-ish

Rawhide
2011-04-11, 05:16 AM
Greetings everyone in Melbourne. As has been discussed in the Australasia thread, there is to be an evening gathering/meetup/thingy in Melbourne, current details are:

Wednesday 13th April
Probably starting somewhere in the centre of Melbourne
Starting time 5-6pm (can start earlier, but Dispozition can't make it any earlier)
Plans are, I believe, to get meal and/or a few drinks, possibly at a place called 11 Inch Pizzeria (http://www.pizzamelbournecbd.com.au/)

There's an optional trivia session that I'd really like to attend, but will reluctantly forgo if no one else is interested. It's held at the Peacock Inn, 210 High St, Northcote, which is a little out of the way of the centre. It starts at 8:00pm and there will be a table for Mensa. Unfortunately I have not been able to get in contact with the Mensan representative, but I believe I would be able to get you in the table as a friend of a member (otherwise we can always start our own table).

Please reply here if you will be coming and list what you'd like to do and when. I will need to know what's going on and who's coming, but Dispozition will likely be taking point for most of the organisation of stuff.

Dispozition
2011-04-11, 05:21 AM
You say I will be taking point, but I only have one other confirmed person (:
I also know not too much about town in general, but hey /o/

Likely meeting point right now is the steps Flinders Street Station since it's close to 11" pizza and pretty much every sort of public transport imaginable. Depending on how others get in, might be Southern Cross instead.

I'd rather forgo trivia, but I'm not opposed to attending it. I'll just have to be home at a reasonable time since I have uni the next day as well :D

Since it seems I'm organiser person man, if you're coming post here, but if you could also shoot me a PM, probably telling me how you're getting in, and if you want to your phone number. I'll respond with mine as well, since I'd rather not post it in here, at all.

Rawhide
2011-04-11, 05:28 AM
Also, if anyone feels like bringing a car, that would mean more freedom. But otherwise public transport should work just fine.

Skeppio
2011-04-11, 05:37 AM
Hmm, interesting. I'd just need to figure out a way home, or a place to stay overnight, since the trains to my hometown end after 9:45, and the buses back into town end even sooner. Depends on how long we were hanging out till.

Level8Mudcrab
2011-04-11, 05:52 AM
I should be able to come. I could catch a train in and get to Flinders at around 5ish. I couldn't stay until late night as I need to catch a train back.

I'm pretty terrible at trivia but I'm up for going if everyone else wants to.

Skeppio
2011-04-11, 06:03 AM
I can probably stay until 9:00-ish, so I have time to catch the last train back home. I could probably grab a lift home. My best bet for trains will get me into the city at 5:15 (plus 5-10 mins to get from there to Flinders St Station).

Rawhide
2011-04-11, 06:14 AM
There are Backpackers around the centre that cost between $25-$40, depending. Otherwise, you can still get a good few hours in then go home early.

Level8Mudcrab
2011-04-11, 06:31 AM
I could get a train arriving at Southern Cross at ethier 4:23 or 5:09. I'd then probably have to head off to catch a train back at around 9-10, wouldn't be able to stay any later than that.

Skeppio
2011-04-11, 06:32 AM
Ok, I've got a ride home. So I'll be able to stay until 9-ish, so I have time to reach my train. I'll be at Flinders St at about 5:20. Look forward to seeing you guys there! :smallbiggrin:

Dispozition
2011-04-11, 07:07 AM
I'll be on the Belgrave/Lillydale arriving Flinders Street at 5:09. So I'll see you all on the steps, hopefully (:

And so we all know who I am, here's a picture of me...I should be wearing a white shirt with a blue sweater thing over it and jeans (so descriptive!)
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9958452/_IGP0497.jpg

Failing all else, you should have my phone number (:

Death, your friend the Reaper
2011-04-11, 08:18 AM
I'm insanely jealous of you all:smallannoyed:

That is pretty much all I wanted to say. Have a drink/smoothie for me! :smalltongue:

Rowsen
2011-04-11, 09:44 AM
I'll be attending as long as Skeppio drags me out of bed before 5pm. :smallbiggrin:

Lady Moreta
2011-04-12, 02:58 AM
I'm insanely jealous of you all:smallannoyed:

That is pretty much all I wanted to say. Have a drink/smoothie for me! :smalltongue:

Seconded.

I wanna go to the trivia night! :smallbiggrin::smalltongue:

Level8Mudcrab
2011-04-12, 08:41 AM
Right, quick update on the meetup. I'll probably be catching an earlier train, as it is more convinient for me. It gets into Southern Cross at 4:23, I'll make my way over to Flinders and wait there. What approximate times will everyone else be there?

My Mum is staying at my Auntie and Uncle's house that night. She'll come and pick me up after, so early leaving to catch a train is no longer a problem for me. I still won't be there really late but I'll have more flexibility for leaving times.

See you all tommorow then :smallbiggrin:

Dispozition
2011-04-12, 09:06 AM
Unfortunately 5:09 is about as early as I can get there unless I come straight from uni (which unfortunately just isn't going to happen).

Good to know you can stay around a bit longer though (: