PDA

View Full Version : Shapeshifter Druid questions [3.5]

SilverLeaf167
2011-04-11, 08:14 AM
One of my players is going to use the Shapeshifter ACF from PHB II to reduce bookkeeping on his Druid, but I've got some questions about it.

If the form doesn't mention a size change, will it always be the same as the character's original size? For example, is it possible for a medium Druid to use Predator Form to become small?
I noticed the lack of an aquatic form and want to homebrew one, any help with this? What level should it be granted etc.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Mr.Bookworm
2011-04-11, 08:25 AM
If the form doesn't mention a size change, will it always be the same as the character's original size? For example, is it possible for a medium Druid to use Predator Form to become small?

Nope. You can't change size if it doesn't explicitly tell you that you can.

I noticed the lack of an aquatic form and want to homebrew one, any help with this? What level should it be granted etc.

I'm AFB, but pick a low level that doesn't have a shapeshifting gain, and add a form with a one category size reduction, swim speed of 60, and +2 Dex/-2 Str. Then at a later level, add a form with a swim speed of 40, a 1d8 bite attack, +4 Str/-2 Dex, and maybe a size increase.

Runestar
2011-04-12, 06:09 AM
http://www.enworld.org/forum/d-d-legacy-discussion/166321-ph2-shapeshifter-druid-variant-2.html

This might help. Use the aquatic form as listed, I think low lv should be all right, since the form would be quite limited in use. Maybe 3rd to 5th lv, or perhaps even as early as 1st lv?