PDA

View Full Version : Magic Users Casting multiple spells a turn?

raxies94
2011-04-11, 11:11 AM
I have a friend who played a 13th level sorceress at a Let's Play function. She told me that she got to cast two spells in a turn because she had two standard actions. She's talking about base attack bonus, but I wasn't under the impression that a higher base attack bonus let a character cast more spells. Am I crazy here, or what?

Thespianus
2011-04-11, 11:17 AM
No, she is crazy. She only has one standard action to play with, no matter what her BAB is.

Jarian
2011-04-11, 11:19 AM
Alternately, she's a Swiftblade or using 3.0 Haste.

supermonkeyjoe
2011-04-11, 11:19 AM
No, either she's crazy or the person running the game had a shaky grasp of the rules, assuming of course they were playing d20 system.

There are however numerous ways of getting an additional Standard action (though not many as a level 13 sorcerer) and many ways of casting multiple spells in a round, just not by having a high BAB.

raxies94
2011-04-11, 11:22 AM
No, either she's crazy or the person running the game had a shaky grasp of the rules, assuming of course they were playing d20 system.

There are however numerous ways of getting an additional Standard action (though not many as a level 13 sorcerer) and many ways of casting multiple spells in a round, just not by having a high BAB.

I'm assuming that the person running the game had a shaky grasp of the rules. She's played with me before, but we've never played to such a high level, so she would be inexperienced in that regard.

HalfDragonCube
2011-04-11, 11:51 AM
Alternately, she's a Swiftblade or using 3.0 Haste.

3.0 Haste: You know it's real magic when it takes a year off your lifespan every time you use it!

Douglas
2011-04-11, 12:07 PM
3.0 Haste: You know it's real magic when it takes a year off your lifespan every time you use it!
No, that's 2e Haste.