PDA

View Full Version : cleric spells that boost charisma

Nohwl
2011-04-11, 05:11 PM
are there any cleric spells that boost charisma that aren't an enhancement bonus? it seems like everything i'm finding is either enhancement or boosts cha, but isn't on the cleric list.

Sacrieur
2011-04-11, 05:30 PM
The miracle (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/miracle.htm) spell with some DM fiat may be able to grant you an inherent bonus, just as the wish spell does.

Additionally, you could use the spell to duplicate ANY other spell (arcane or divine) of 7th level or lower. So those spells you found can be selected for this purpose.

Mutazoia
2011-04-11, 05:35 PM
are there any cleric spells that boost charisma that aren't an enhancement bonus? it seems like everything i'm finding is either enhancement or boosts cha, but isn't on the cleric list.

Nope. At least not that I know of. I don't have every single source book out. Usually spells simply enhance a stat for a short time, rather than boost it.

Douglas
2011-04-11, 05:40 PM
There's Greater Visage of the Deity. It's a bit high-end and short duration, but oh well, it's still +4 (or +2, depends on alignment) untyped charisma along with a bunch of other bonuses.

faceroll
2011-04-11, 06:51 PM
There's Greater Visage of the Deity. It's a bit high-end and short duration, but oh well, it's still +4 (or +2, depends on alignment) untyped charisma along with a bunch of other bonuses.

I got an in argument with Curmudgeon on whether or not that was an enhancement bonus, as the lesser varieties call it out as an enhancement bonus, and great says it's "like lesser...."

Claudius Maximus
2011-04-11, 07:38 PM
Do domains count? Devil's Ego from the Diabolic domain grants a profane bonus.

Aemoh87
2011-04-11, 08:42 PM

Very Nice little find.

Claudius Maximus
2011-04-11, 08:47 PM
I use it on DMM Archivists all the time, along with Righteous Aura and Greater Visage of the Deity.

Nohwl
2011-04-11, 11:59 PM
for people who were looking for ways to boost cha for an archivist, there's snowsong for a morale bonus to cha and a bunch of other things, it's a bard spell in frostburn. nixies grace is spell compendium and gives +8 enhancement, and it's bard only. the problem is that i'm not building an archivist or a bard.

Particle_Man
2011-04-12, 01:04 AM
Technically, awaken construct. :)

Thespianus
2011-04-12, 01:06 AM

Where is the Diabolic domain from? :smallconfused:

Claudius Maximus
2011-04-12, 01:35 AM
Where is the Diabolic domain from? :smallconfused:

Fiendish Codex II.

for people who were looking for ways to boost cha for an archivist, there's snowsong for a morale bonus to cha and a bunch of other things, it's a bard spell in frostburn. nixies grace is spell compendium and gives +8 enhancement, and it's bard only. the problem is that i'm not building an archivist or a bard.

That I forgot to mention these is a great example of how much optimization information I have forgotten since my days in the ToS.