PDA

View Full Version : The Worlds Largest Dungeon (IC)

DMBlackhart
2011-04-11, 09:18 PM
The Intro

Once upon a time, in a land now forgotten by man, there existed a powerful mageocracy. The only remnants of their destructive and fierce rule was a prison. A place built to house the multi-verses worse horrors, sealed away between both time and space, existing wholey outside of reality. The prison had survived the Eons, as the elder mageocracy had risen, ruled, and finally fell to the uncaring touch of time. It would not be for many centuries that the place re-discovered, and only then accidentally.

The sun hangs high in the sky, the pungent odor of oxen and swamp gas invading your senses. Why you had ever chosen such a fool-hearty expedition to the badlands you'll never know. What matters is that, after much trial and tribulation, you find yourself moving deeper into the bog, the constant annoyance of flies and mosquito's accompanying ever sloshing muddy step.

Off in the distance you could see your goal. A pillar that ran far into the sky, threatening to tear the heavens apart. It was legend that the pure-silver tower had been forged by ancient races, a civilization of magic-endowed men who could change the very fabric of reality with a thought. This one place had been explored before, and yet no man had ever returned from the perilous journey. Did you honestly believe you would fair any better?

You look around yourself, noticing the small adventuring party accompanying you. Fifty or so men, most of which seemed unseasoned, and barely stood out. However a few were unique.

(Feel free to take this time for introductions and descriptions. When it seems like everyone is ready I will move you on to... THE WORLDS LARGEST DUNGEON!)

Jopustopin
2011-04-11, 09:44 PM
A small reptilian creature with a greatsword strapped across the top of his backpack (parallel to the ground) walks through the mud with bare feet. You may wonder why he carries his weapon like this, then you realize... the sword is larger than it is. It stands at barely 2'5'' off the ground and, despite it's small size, has some considerable bulk for him being only a kobold. In fact, looking at him, he appears to be one of the strongest kobolds you've ever seen.

You're not sure why such a kobold would be accompanying men. You've heard stories of kobolds: evil creatures that mine precious metals all day, and weave traps and ambushes. They attack in swarms, are vicious pathetic creatures, and make up for their lack of strength by using cowardly tactics. This kobold seems to be the antithesis of these behaviors. I mean.. he has a greatsword.

That holy symbol he's wearing. At first you can't place it. Then when you do, you take a double look at it. Kord?! What in Pelor's name is this nonsense. He wears leather armor, his head is covered in black scales each one with a glint of blood red when the sun reflects off them. The sun seems to bother him, and he walks with his head down. Still, the oddity of a kobold worshiper of Kord stays with you above all other details.

Vuann
2011-04-12, 12:27 AM
As you slog through the swamp making your way towards the gigantic tower, you look around at the group of men and creatures all heading towards the same destination. You notice a young man dressed in leather armor holding only a simple quarterstaff and what little gear he carries on his back. He stands about 6' feet tall and is quite well built. His dark brown hair is a bit unkempt and you can barely make out his bright green eyes. Surely this is not all that the man brought on such a dangerous trip? Does he not understand what lies ahead? Perhaps he is just naive, or worse maybe even a bit crazy.

As you quietly try to figure out this man you are startled to see a large silver wolf walk up from behind him. No.. Large does not do it justice. It is in fact the largest wolf you have ever laid your eyes upon. Its shoulders are higher than the man's waist, which by your estimation would make it at least 3 and a half feet tall. His paws seem to be the size of your hands and you can't help but notice it's glowing gold eyes. You almost feel as if the wolf has some sort of supernatural power.

As you're pondering this large specimen of a wolf you notice it stop dead in it's tracks and hunch down. The hair on it's back begins to stand up as it lets out a very low growl. You see the man calmly run his hand down the back of the wolf's neck and kneel down next to it. His lips begin to move as if speaking into the wolf's ear, though you can't make out what he is saying. A moment later the hair on the back of the wolf lays back down and it's tail begins to wag lazily. What exactly did he say to the wolf? Did it actually understand him?

As you continue walking you can't help but wonder what sort of skill that man possesses to be in the company of such a powerful, yet seemingly intelligent creature. Perhaps he is not as naive as you had previously thought.

slaydemons
2011-04-12, 12:59 AM
Nix blended into the army the best he could keeping his breath at a stand still he looked at the kobold with blinking eyes as that struck him first. he kept his normal appearance of brown hair and eyes as best he could, which was easy for him. As they continued to bog through the marsh he realized that this was far better then dealing with those back at town. he sighed to himself in relief almost giving off a smile as he had wanted to become an adventurer and he had joined what seemed to be one of those adventures party he had heard about.

GFawkes
2011-04-12, 02:10 AM
In a large group near the center of the army, Eziacre is recalling stories from previous encounters. Women seduced, merchants enraged, and enemies fought. The men listening seem to hold on to his every word. Eziacre himself seems to pay no attention to the fact that he is marching merily towards near certain doom.

Tacitus
2011-04-12, 02:15 AM
Copper

Though others might not really notice at first, the figure nearest the back of the largest cluster has taken the exact same stride several thousand times and has been keeping a count of the number of steps he has taken today. Given that his scale of numbers does not register what one thousand is, he has obviously turned over the odometer a few times. Though his pack seems fairly heavy and packed at odd angles, it doesn't seem to burden him at all. In fact just being near him seems to inspire a sort of energy even in tired old bones. It wouldn't keep a man walking forever, but it would seem that some could certainly go that extra hour if need be.

The figure is one draped in cloth, a flat gray cloak with a hood pulled close around its head to hide as much of his body as possible. What can be seen outside of the fairly dirty cloak, especially when it gets dragged away by the bog, is that his armor is made from some sort of gold and buckled with what looks like living wood. From inside the hood twin points of faded gold light flicker back and forth, but he keeps his head down too far to see any real details. What is more, his hands seem to have only the two fingers and a thumb each, and though they are hidden by the bog his feet are much the same. And yet, even with so much steel, he marches on.

DMBlackhart
2011-04-12, 01:05 PM
The tower creeps ever closer, as your group continues on through the swamp. Soon you find yourselves clear of the more difficult terrain, walking free of the cover of trees, thick mud, and the hefty under-brush. It is not long before you find yourselves standing just outside the tower itself.

You look skywards, to the top of the tower, which seems to disappear in the sky-line. The tower's entrance is a single massive marble door, off-set by the bright, painfully brilliant silver shimmer of the rest of the building. The door has no handles, or locks, however it looks as if it could be pushed open with enough force. The entire group of fifty or so men begin to push, working as a team to try and open the ancient portal.

After much strenuous effort, the large stone doorway begins to creep inward, revealing an infinite expanse of darkness beyond. A bone-chilling breeze rips through the air, a soft moan emanating from within. You look to the group, most of the men show very minor signs of fear, a few remain steady however. The group stands at the entrance, no one making a move towards the darkness of the tower's interior.

GFawkes
2011-04-12, 02:11 PM
Eziacre steps forward and draws his rapier. He makes a line in the ground between the entrance and the army. I shall be going in. If any of you are to join me, step forth he states in a dramatic voice that sounds forced.

slaydemons
2011-04-12, 03:22 PM
Nix blinked and stepped forward quietly he said "I will join you, I am only afraid of what is behind me." he looks at the man with who had just drawn a line and heads behind the line hoping other would join him and this man.

Tacitus
2011-04-12, 05:33 PM
Copper

Out of the bog, the figure's feet are strange indeed, each one with only two massive toes instead of a mailed boot. As he steps forward a sort of sharpness fills the senses, both seeing and hearing, as though to watch out for the dangers ahead. The two pinpoints of light flick towards Eziacre and Ni, but the figure lowers its head once again to hide what lay inside as he crosses the line.

Jopustopin
2011-04-12, 06:07 PM
Drok looks around amazed that more men are not moving forward. "Outta my way you cowards." He says in as boastful of a voice as is possible for a Kobold. "Heroes are about. Drok strides past all those whose names will be lost to history and crosses the line.

Vuann
2011-04-12, 06:48 PM
Smiling wryly, Jeice steps forward and crosses the line with his wolf companion following closely behind. "Well Renji, we didn't come all this way for nothing. I think the old man must have been crazy sending us here, but I've never backed down from anything before. Let's be on our guard."

As if on queue, Renji's ear's rise up as he focuses on the open door of the tower.

DMBlackhart
2011-04-12, 06:59 PM
Quiet murmurs spread throughout the party. Here you stood, five men, no more powerful or successful then your average militiaman. And yet, standing in front of a crowed of nearly fifty men, you prove yourselves far more brave and daring then any one here.

Out from the crowed a few cries and cheers come. Followed by a number of the haughtier adventurers. Your numbers swell to roughly ten men, yourselves included. The remaining crowed simply looks at you all in awe struck amazement. You turn your backs, and enter the darkness beyond...

Shadows begin to wrap around you, covering your eyes, muting your vision, and quickly tearing away at your nerves. Only the smallest sliver of light enters the chamber behind you, from the open doorway. However the minor amount of sunlight is nowhere near adequate to illuminate the entire, massive chamber.

Looking around the dark room, you can hear nothing, and see only the faintest markings on the floor. A thick layer of dust covers everything, disturbed only in a few areas.

Jopustopin
2011-04-12, 07:04 PM
Drok finally raises his eyes high, the darkness a comfort and relief from the scorching rays of light. Drok looks around making sure nothing moves in the darkness.

Vuann
2011-04-12, 08:08 PM
Jeice pulls a torch from his backpack and lights it. He raises it up in the air and attempts to get a better view of the chamber in front of him.

"Do you see anything boy?", he asks Renji.

GFawkes
2011-04-12, 08:15 PM
Other than dust, no Eziacre replies, not seeing who Jeice was talking to. He sheathes his rapier, then turns to look at the party.

DMBlackhart
2011-04-12, 08:26 PM
The chamber is bathed in a soft, yellow glow from the torch-light. You immediately notice the room's size. At an imposing twenty-five foot diameter, you notice the roof of the chamber extends far beyond both magical or natural vision.

Looking to the floor once more, you identify the markings as foot prints. Scuffs and dry, cracked muddy prints litter the chamber by the hundreds. If you had to estimate, whatever force moved through here would definitely out-rank your own paltry force.

In the distance, shrouded in the shadow of your torch light, you notice two old, rotting, and decrepit looking wooden doors. One of the two is literally falling off it's hinges.

slaydemons
2011-04-12, 09:04 PM
Nix breather in and out quietly before saying in a soft tone "well lets be on our toes, you just don't know what to expect from places like this." he slowly trudged forward taking on of the torches with him searching about

[roll0] (for a search check more like a slightly in depth scan)

Vuann
2011-04-12, 11:21 PM
After noticing the rotting door Jeice lowered his torch and began to move forward. He saw Nix already moving in that direction and fell in behind him. He quietly whispered to Renji, "I can't see very well, I'm counting on your keen senses to alert us of anything.".

Renji's tailed wagged a few times which seemed to convey he understood what Jeice had told him, though his attention never strayed from the doors ahead.

GFawkes
2011-04-13, 12:13 AM
Eziacre moves towards the door, keeping a hand on the hilt of his rapier.

slaydemons
2011-04-13, 12:52 AM
Nix moved with confidence towards the door kicking it with the flat of his foot, as he felt there was no danger at all in this room.

(do I need to roll a strength check or can I just take ten?)

DMBlackhart
2011-04-13, 01:52 AM
An audible thud echoes throughout the chamber after Nix knocks the door in. The door lays in splinters on the ground. Only a few short feet from the doors remains, deeper into the passageway, your light and vision is consumed by utter darkness, neither magical or mundane means penetrating the wall of sheer black that cloaks the rest of this dungeon.

Tacitus
2011-04-13, 04:20 AM
Copper

The sound of metal on stone is somewhat muted from the figure, his apparently extensive armor making noise only because a rather large shield bangs against something every so often. His footfalls are by no means stealthy, but he hasn't the ponderous plodding of a dwarven warrior clad in a fortress of steel. He approaches the now destroyed door and studies it for a moment before his hood lifts ever so slightly. His voice emerges in his near monotone, "Should I go first, or are we sending the lizard? It can see well, I am durable. Your choice."

All:
Yeah, I could have put all of the below OOC in the OOC thread, but eh, I'm here now.

For reference, Copper is going to have the Senses aura up whenever possible, so +1 Spot, Listen, and Initiative to all within 30ft. If it looks like we need Fort saves, Con Checks, or Healing he'll switch over, but for the most part? Yeah, enjoy the +1 to perception and reaction times. XD

DM:
Might be a silly question, but did you agree or disagree with my interpretation on the fast healing?
Living Construct traits specify (Healing) subschool and Supernatural abilities that heal hit point or ability damage are halved. So, its a question of whether the Aurorum is Supernatural or Extraordinary. Aurorum from BoED doesn't specify.
I don't particularly mind either way, as 1hp per 2 rounds is plenty of fast healing, but knowing is better than not.

Jopustopin
2011-04-13, 01:59 PM
Drok pulls out his greatsword and strides up to the darkness. "Ah re, ah ree, Kord the Mighty!" Drok chants while walking into the black darkness. After he has walked in he becomes quiet and moves forward until his eyes can see again. Darkvision 60 ft.

DMBlackhart
2011-04-13, 02:23 PM
@ Everyone:

Drok marches into the darkness beyond the doorway, and is immediately removed from your sight. The soft padding of his feet immediately disappears, and now not a single sound or sight of the kobold cleric remains. (See map, room A-1)

@ Drok:

Entering the darkness ever so bravely you pass through a chilling barrier of pure shadow. After only a few short steps however you find yourself with renewed vision, standing alone in a large, open chamber, with many doorways.

Three iron doors populate the room, two directly north of you, another off to the side. You also hear the faintest of whispering coming from the somewhere in the room. In the far upper-right corner of the room you can make out the slightest of shadowy forms.
(See map, room A-2)

The Map:

http://i676.photobucket.com/albums/vv122/DMT_Black/WLDA1-2.png

slaydemons
2011-04-13, 02:38 PM
Nix walked through after him grabbing a torch from someone and heading in after the small kobold who walked in first still not expecting anything quite yet he stopped behind the kobold.

Jopustopin
2011-04-13, 02:42 PM
"Foul Fiend, show yourself!" Drok shouts at the creature. He holds his greatsword out in front of him, prepared for battle.

Tacitus
2011-04-13, 02:48 PM
Copper

With a sound not unlike iron chewing through a board only to find a hidden nail, the figure watches the kobold go on ahead. He is about to suggest taking up the rear when Nix grabs one of the torches and heads in himself. If, as yet, tats the only torch to have been lit, he'll quickly follow after, not wanting to be left in the dark or to use one of his sunrods. If another torch has already been lit, he'll wait next to the door with a gesture for the remainder to head inside.

Vuann
2011-04-13, 02:54 PM
Jeice watches the Kobold disappear into the darkness, followed shortly by Nix.

"Well there's no turning back now. I guess the only path is forward" he said as he walked towards the darkness. Taking a deep breath, he walks into the black void, his wolf companion at his side.

GFawkes
2011-04-13, 03:36 PM
Eziacre follows the group through the darkness, balancing on his feet so that he'd be ready to move in an instant and his hand firmly on the hilt of his rapier.

In effect, I've readied my action.

DMBlackhart
2011-04-13, 08:00 PM
Drok's shouts are met with a collection of hushed whispers, still emanating from the far upper-right corner of the room. The figures shift slightly, but make no move towards Drok or the others as you begin to enter the chamber.

You can hear nothing from the previous room, as if the passage had served as a buffer from the two locations. However, shortly after you all pass through the doorway, so do about three other men. Each of them is coated in a thick layer of blood, and has a look of horror on their faces.

Only three of the original ten managed to followyou through the original doorway. Two look like unseasoned adventurers, the last is a heavily armored soldier. "It's a trap! The entire chamber, it began to fill with knives! Blades jutted from every inch of the floors and walls, we are the only ones who made it through before the trap sprung. It was so horrible..."

The Map:

Vuann
2011-04-13, 08:33 PM
Relieved that he wasn't one of the unlucky ones to come through the doorway last, Jeice looks at the group and says, "Well it seems there's definitely no turning back now. Our only path is forward and I'd hazard a guess that staying in one spot for too long is probably not a good idea."

With that he cautiously begins to move towards the shadowy figures calling out to them... "If you can understand me, speak up. Who or what are you?"

Jopustopin
2011-04-14, 01:45 AM
Drok turns back, "A trap? Maybe some of the men are still living. We can't just leave them there to die."

Drok goes back through the shadow slowly (in total defense). If the trap has ended Drok will check to see if any of the men are living on the ground. If the trap is still activated Drok will try to wait until it runs out of blades. Drok will just poke his head out of the magical darkness so that he can see the previous room.

Vuann
2011-04-14, 04:10 AM
Hearing Drok's words Jeice turns back to see him disappear back into the darkness. Shaking his head he mutters, "From the looks of those three that just came through, there probably isn't any survivors. Even though I quietly applaud his intentions, I don't think it's a good idea to risk losing even more of us to save those that are most likely dead already."

Looking towards the three horrified men, Jeice asks "With the amount of blood covering you and the fact that you're even standing I'm going to assume that most of it isn't yours? If that's the case then that Kobold is going to walk into a grisly scene."

GFawkes
2011-04-14, 07:37 AM
Eziacre chuckles lightly to himself. "Once again, speed proves itself better than strength."

DMBlackhart
2011-04-14, 09:42 AM
Drok turns back, "A trap? Maybe some of the men are still living. We can't just leave them there to die."

Drok goes back through the shadow slowly (in total defense). If the trap has ended Drok will check to see if any of the men are living on the ground. If the trap is still activated Drok will try to wait until it runs out of blades. Drok will just poke his head out of the magical darkness so that he can see the previous room.

Try as you might, Drok, the veil of darkness you left through seems to be no more. Or rather, any inch of shadow within the room is simply concealing more roughly carved stone wall. No matter how hard you search you can not find an exit of any sort.

More shuffling can be heard in the distance, and this time you can hear the vaguest of voices. While you can not understand what they are saying, you immediately identify it as the Orc tounge.

slaydemons
2011-04-14, 11:09 AM
Nix continued after the small kobold he was rather quiet and tried to stay on his toes not even commenting on the speed thing, even though he felt the same. He wasn't sure if what ever the kobold is friendly or not but he knew this kobold was most likely more friendly.

Vuann
2011-04-14, 05:19 PM
Looking in the general direction of the voices Jeice says, "Great.. Does anyone here speak Orcish? They don't seem hostile... yet. Perhaps we can find out something useful about this dungeon."

Tacitus
2011-04-15, 12:15 AM
Copper

The figure's head shifts within the hood in what might very well be shaking his head, "I only have knowledge of this current language." The twin points of light scan along the walls in a moment of confusion before he looks over the three survivors. A moment later he asks in his same monotone, "Are you injured? I can provide a minimal comfort if you are gravely injured."

DMBlackhart
2011-04-15, 01:14 AM
The eldest of the three survivors, who looks to be easily sixty in human years, gives a short sigh as he catches his breath.

"N-no, looks like everyone is ok. We should be moving on, I'd hate to encounter more of those traps"
From the shadows marches the three figures, previously masked in darkness, they come close enough within your torch light to be seen. Each are obviously of orc blood, clad in thick leather armor, with worn and damaged weapons at their sides. The tallest of the Orcs, probably their leader, seems the most heavily damaged. The shortest, the one in the middle, coughs a sickly cough as they approach.

A guttural call escapes the tallest orc's lips. He mumbles first in orcish, and seeing that no one is responding, attempts to relate in the common language.

"Name, Rogthroth. You strangers, not orc, not lizard. You friend? We no fight, Rogtroth's men tired, one is ill.

Tacitus
2011-04-15, 04:24 AM
Copper

The figure turns, almost in an exaggerated motion, and lifts his arm in the direction of the kobold. A single gleaming metal finger points off towards the reptilian cleric as Copper's eyes return to the orcs and he speaks, "You are mistaken. That one is a lizard." He leans towards the orcs as he drops his arm with a metallic clang, "Do you require healing, orcman?" The senses of those around him lose their added acuity as Copper watches the orcs, and wanders towards them if his power cannot reach them from where he stands.

Far as I recall, you can declare pretty much anyone an ally, so I declare my dodge on you, Thac- wait. XP

Yeah, the Vigor aura, if they need it. Can't do anything for ails that aren't HP, but eh. He sees injured people, its part of his job. XD

Jopustopin
2011-04-15, 01:55 PM
Drok moves forward, "The trap must have also sealed us in. We will have to find another exit."

Drok moves next to Copper as he moves forward, "Rogthroth, we friends, what is this place?"

DMBlackhart
2011-04-15, 04:45 PM
Drok moves forward, "The trap must have also sealed us in. We will have to find another exit."

Drok moves next to Copper as he moves forward, "Rogthroth, we friends, what is this place?"

The orc named Rogthroth looks to Drok, a new found scowl adorning his face.

"You are lizard, we do not like your kind. Leave or we eat you, like the rest!"

The orc then turns to copper, further ignoring the kobold.

"We not deal with lizards, or friends of lizard. You leave, or we eat you all!"

Tacitus
2011-04-15, 07:13 PM
Copper

The figure lifts a hand and pounds it against his armored chest loud enough to make a rather hollow sound, but not overly so, "Not much to eat, orcman, unless you eat metal and wood. We will leave as soon as you tell us where we can go. Why has the entrance vanished?"

GFawkes
2011-04-15, 10:22 PM
"Copper, my friend, there is a time to talk. That was five seconds ago. Now is the time for action." Eziacre says while unsheathing his rapier.

slaydemons
2011-04-16, 12:33 AM
Nix followed suit drawing the short sword on his leg and spoke in an angered voice "you touch the little lizard and I guarantee, you will have more then one in need of a healing."

(lets hope I roll 20 on this XD) [roll0]
Edit: I changed what I said to something that made sense. seems to be a better idea for intimidation

Vuann
2011-04-16, 12:56 AM
Watching the situation become more heated, Jeice steps forward.

"They don't look like much of a threat... In their condition they can't possibly think they'd survive this. It seems they're probably bluffing, perhaps we should waste no more time and let them be."

As he finishes speaking, Renji steps out from behind him and snarls at the orcs. "Or if they're intent on a fight I'm sure Renji here is getting hungry" says Jeice as he reaches down and pets Renji on the back of the neck, holding back a half cocked smile.

That was a mild bluff, not sure if I should truly roll for it. Just incase:

[roll0]

DMBlackhart
2011-04-16, 02:35 PM
The orcs seem unresponsive to your bluffs and threats. From the looks of their exhausted appearances they either cannot fight, or would not fight to save their lives. If they had a single muscle left un-aching it is unlikely they'd lift a finger to fight back.

Each of the orcs turns away from your blades, sluggishly they move, staggering with each step. A few idle curses are thrown your way in orcish, as they retreat to their corner, no doubt awaiting the inevitable.

Jopustopin
2011-04-16, 04:53 PM
Drok shrugs his shoulders, "Who cares about these Orcs. There is no glory in defeating an already defeated opponent." Drok turns to the group. "I should have all of your names, I know you gave them to me once, a while ago, but I don't recall it now and may have mixed it up with the other fifty humans travelling with us. I am Drok, Cleric of Kord sent here by divine revelation to seek glory and earn his place in the afterlife. What are your names? And more importantly what can you do to help the group make it out of here alive?"

Drok is mentioning the three NPC's first but would love to hear answers from everyone.

Vuann
2011-04-16, 05:50 PM
Jeice looks towards Drok...

"I am Jeice, and this is my companion Renji. I came to this tower because the man I called master decided it would be a final step to my training. Personally I think he's just a crazy old coot, though I do respect him and decided I might as well go along with it."

"I set out alone but came across an injured wolf in a man-made trap. I set him free and healed his leg and he has been with me since. He has become quite.. useful. Most would call my talents "Druidic", though inside of this dungeon I may not have full use of them."

"About the orcs.. I agree, let us not waste time with them. We should proceed forward."

DMBlackhart
2011-04-16, 06:50 PM
First to speak is the eldest of the three surviving adventurers.

"Tallon, lieutenant of the third lord of the deep valley, retired."

The man recites this greeting as if it was rehearsed a thousand times before.
Next to speak is the thinner of the two remaining men, who raises his small metal shield as he speaks.

"Ikur, and I'm a merc. I guess there isn't much more to say."

The last to speak, a fully-armored man taller then the other two, lifts his rounded helmet free from his scalp. Tuffs of thick blonde hair fall out as the helmet is removed.
The man is attractive to say the least, and to see one of his appearance in full-body armor reminds you of the fairy-tales of brave knights, and the paladin-esque heros who would travel the world and unselfishly do good to others.

"I-I-I'm Paul, from, f-from the deep valleys. I really should-n-n-not be here, I only joined up s-s-so I could see new p-places. This is... this is c-c-crazy!"

The Map:

Tacitus
2011-04-16, 09:33 PM
Copper

If such a thing were known to the rather expressionless warforged, he'd have sighed and rolled his eyes. Instead, he calmly pulls back his hood to reveal a face crafted of a strange metal with an almost indigo tint to it. The pinpoints of light are indeed his eyes, metal and glass constructs with a glowing core that really does nothing to improve his vision. His head is shaped like a human skull with the exception of two rides that rise near the rear of his skull. Right in the center of his forehead is a symbol carved in the metal, something he points out directly; he bears the word Copper in the language of dragons. When he speaks it is again with the monotone, and the movement of his metal jaw and the vague facsimile of teeth therein offer no doubts that this is his visage and not merely a helm, "I am Copper. I once watched over the laborers of my Creator. I would lend them stamina in their labors and heal their most grievous wounds simply by being present. My plating repairs itself easily, and though I was built curative magic has some little effect if my own repair capabilities fail me. I do not eat, I do not drink, I do not tire, I do not sleep, and I do not stop. My vision is limited, but I will always stand vigil whilst you rest, whether another is on watch or not."

Indeed, he's never once even so much as taken a break for as long as anyone has seen him. He's always been walking steadily along or standing at the head of the group waiting for the rest to catch their breath or eat their lunch so that they might continue on. He replaces the hood and the twin points of light flick around those gathered, "I was once told to hide my face, as metal men are somewhat strange to men made of flesh and blood. I will continue to do so until a better suggestion is offered or I can do so no longer. When we are ready to continue I suggest we start at one point and explore in a singular direction until we can go no farther. Does anyone have the means by which to make a map?"

slaydemons
2011-04-17, 12:51 AM
nix looked at them all then looked at the "They call me nix and by they I mean my parents, and excuse me Mr. Jeice can I speak to you about something?"

Vuann
2011-04-17, 01:00 AM
"Just Jeice is fine..., I doubt I'm any older than you" he says as he walks over to Nix. "What is it that you'd like to speak about?"

slaydemons
2011-04-17, 01:03 AM
he came in close to the druid and whispered "Okay, I feel bad about those orcs do you think you can do anything to help them I heard those of druidic talents can heal people can you help them?"

Vuann
2011-04-17, 07:05 PM
Jeice thinks for a few seconds...

"They've already been offered help and they refused. I could only help one of them at most, and honestly I'd rather preserve that for one of us. As dangerous as this tower seems to be, it's highly probably that any one of us may need that healing in the near future and wasting it on those orcs seems a bad tactical choice."

slaydemons
2011-04-17, 08:00 PM
nix thought for a moment and pulls out his sack that is on his back slowly taking a hold of some of his own food from it and coming in close to the orcs as he was going to talk to the giant stone man next,but he had decided on something speaking in common as its the only language he knew they know besides their native tongue "hey if you promise not to harm us I will give you some food, might make you feel better."

GFawkes
2011-04-17, 10:58 PM
"I'm named Eziacre, though most people I run into seem to have...less pleasent names. I came here seeking fortune. Several years with only what I could carry to my name has made me long for a better living." Eziacre says, giving a light bow near the begining.

Tacitus
2011-04-18, 04:21 AM
Copper

With calm detachment he trudges up behind Nix only moments after he offers them some of his food, "I advise against giving the orcmen your food." He continues, not even wholly acknowledging the presence of the orcs, "You are of flesh and blood. You will need food if we are indeed trapped in here. I advise eating it yourself."

Hmm... tempted to endorse cannibalism, but even the 6 Cha robot doesn't have a good reason for that yet.

Jopustopin
2011-04-18, 10:09 AM
Drok turns to the three who survived the death trap and addresses them by name:
"Tallon, if you feel that your no longer a capable combatant would you be our light bearer in combat? It's no more safe than swinging a sword, as you might be a target, but it's a vital duty nevertheless. If our light fails then the battle might very well be lost.

Ikur, if it's money that drives you, fight in battle when necessary and you shall receive an equal split of the treasure. There may be much treasure in here and we could use all the bodies capable of carrying it out of here. I too wish to

Paul, Kord teaches us that without fear we cannot be brave. It's easy to laugh at danger if you are not scared. Laughing when your terrified and charging forward, plunging blade into the beast, is why bards sing tales of great heroes. Follow me into battle, Kord watches over both of us and shall guide our blade true. If we fall in battle, know that we have a place in the next life. One in which we may boast about our accomplishments here. We may fall in battle in this hell, but it's not to these pathetic Orcs.

Drok speaks louder,"Gruumsh would reject these pathetic creatures. Gruumsh is a warrior god, lost in his ways sure, but a proud worthy opponent. These Orcs have lost their way. I pity them."

slaydemons
2011-04-20, 10:51 AM
Nix looked back at drok "they can live to gain back that honor, and they have probably lived through more of the dungeon."he then without through tossed two of his rations to the orcs and moved away from them, now looking for a path to move onto and to go deeper into this tower.

(I assume its search check) [roll0]

DMBlackhart
2011-04-20, 11:52 AM
(I will not dignify that with an IC response. I have posted the map multiple times, and have mentioned in character that there were 3 rooms for you to choose from. Please pay attention)

Edit: Ignore the southern most door, I messed up when making the map.
The Map:

slaydemons
2011-04-20, 12:27 PM
(sorry I will go forward then)

Nix picked the upper left door and strode towards it "lets not linger here any longer." he then poked his head through the door frame looking to see if there was any creature inside

(I assume spot since I am looking for movement.) [roll0] (probably won't see anything XD)

DMBlackhart
2011-04-20, 12:37 PM
Even before you had opened the door, you could smell that something was amiss. Standing there, with the door open, your sense of smell is overwhelmed by a horrible odor. The source of which, originates from the room beyond. Peeking inside, you see a score of bodies, some fresh, others well into the state of decay. Each and every body, while unique, shares a single characteristic. From kobolds, to lizardfolk, to troglodytes the room is populated with only bodies of reptilian races. You stand there, stunned by the horrible odor and the sight. You count twenty-three corpses, each in different states of decay.

Fortitude Save

Anyone standing outside, or going inside the room must make a fortitude save or be sickened.

slaydemons
2011-04-20, 12:42 PM
Nix pulls back from the foul odor and he felt sickened to the bone.

[roll0]

Tacitus
2011-04-20, 01:02 PM
Copper

The warforged approaches the door and... walks through while focusing his eyes upon Nix, with what might very well be a puzzled look. Such created beings have no olfactory senses, and on top of that he does not understand, nor does he have the components for becoming sickened. He pokes around in the room, kicking over corpses while looking for any signs of what caused their demise and for any other interesting tidbits.

They really don't have a nose.

Also, immunity to the sickened condition.

Heal check to determine cause of death? As there are many many corpses, can I take 20? For a result of 20? XD Otherwise... [roll0]

Search: [roll1]

DMBlackhart
2011-04-20, 01:10 PM
@ Nix: You have become sickened, (-2 on saving throws, skill checks, ability checks, attack rolls, and damage) for the next [roll0] rounds after leaving the room.

@ Copper: (yes taking 20 on the heal is fine).

You spend a good amount of time poking and prodding the corpses, trying to discern anything at all about how they died. Those that have remained intact show signs of bludgeoning, stabbing, and other very common wounds associated with battle. No single corpse seems to have died of natural causes.

Searching through the corpses belongings you find that very little was left, anything useful was no doubt stripped from them.

Vuann
2011-04-20, 02:18 PM
Jeice moved towards the door only to see Nix come out of it with a sickened look on his face. Renji let out a small whimper, and stopped in his tracks.

"If Renji thinks it smells that bad, then I'm not going anywhere near that room. Perhaps we should try the next one."

With that Jeice headed towards the next room.

slaydemons
2011-04-20, 03:26 PM
Nix followed after the druid still quite sick to his stomach the feeling almost overwhelming as he tries not to think of it at all

Tacitus
2011-04-22, 11:15 PM
Copper

After poking around through the corpses, the metal man emerges from the room. His cloak is coated in gore and stinks to high heaven, but he doesn't seem to mind. He waits where he is, eyes staring into the darkness to watch the rear as the rest look forward to the next door.

GFawkes
2011-04-26, 10:48 AM
Eziacre draws his rapier, not knowing what to expect.

Jopustopin
2011-04-30, 01:04 PM
(did the npc's respond to my character?)

Drok looks for someone with a torch to give to Tallon.