PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] healer

Bloodymango
2011-04-11, 11:09 PM
hey guys im currently in a campaign where im playing the healer. i was looking for some advice. my last game our healer was a cleric and a radiant servant of pelor. well im not a fan of that complete optimized ****. so im trying some thing a little different. currently im a:
7 healer/1 combat medic.

im debateing after getting the last 4 lvs in combat medic to go the rest of the was as healer bc we get a sweet pet. but do u guys no of any other good PrC i can take.

Akal Saris
2011-04-12, 04:46 PM
Please feel free to check the guide I wrote for the healer class, it's in my signature.

Personally, I'd probably take 1 more level in healer for the free unicorn, and then finish out combat medic and dive into Contemplative for the last 7 levels.

Here's the section I wrote up on Prestige classes:

5. Prestige Classes

Combat Medic (HoB): Excellent for the party healer/status effect removal role. Gives extra effects to healing spells - free Sancturary, saving throw bonuses, and +13 temporary HP on every healing spell. Also gives spontaneous cure spells, and mobility/evasion.

Healing Hand of Mishakal (DL: Orders of the Stars): From a 2nd-party sourcebook, this is another healing-focused PrC that a Healer auto-qualifies for at 5th level. Gives Cha to healing (again), free empower and silent spell on healing, and no AOO's on healing at the same level as the healer would get the ability. The Healing Hand requires an effective Vow of Nonviolence, so its best in combination with BoED.

Contemplative (CD): A solid PrC, and the right domains can get you spells that you really need.

Disciple of Legend (CC): This prestige class is ready-made for cohorts (and includes a cautionary note to DMs on allowing that). It's a good choice for a support caster like the Healer. Loses 1 CL.

Paragnostic Disciple (CC): Good as a dip if you can afford the cross-class Knowledge (Arcana) ranks.

Ruathar (RoTW): Easy to enter and has no down-sides, with good saves and skills. Useful for qualifying for other PrCs and for filler levels.

Suggested by cru:

Moonspeaker (RoE): gives useless summoning stuff, few spells (e.g. invisibility), some wild shape, some shifter bonuses

High Elemental Binder (PGtE): requires 2 feats; 9/10 casting; gives elemental companions and self-buffs

Medani Prophet (DM): Grants divination bonuses and dm bonuses

Heir of Siberys: Good if there is a specific dragonmark you want to focus on

Holt Warden (CC): Needs a bit of wrangling to get into, it's a plant-focused PrC

Skypledged (RoTW): A great raptoran-flavored PrC - access to a divine spellpool can greatly add to a Healer's diversity.