PDA

View Full Version : D&D 3.5 Villains

Element Zero
2011-04-12, 12:18 AM
I'm trying to think of a decent archvillain, or at least recurring villain, for my current D&D game. I'm running in Undermountain, and I don't want to use Halaster...as this is pretty much my first post here in the Playground, I thought I'd ask the forum for some inspiration.

Anyone got any ideas they wanna share?

hamishspence
2011-04-12, 03:53 AM
Yuan-ti? I believe there's some based in Undermountain.

Skullport (right near Undermountain, I think part of it) is a good place for villains of all kinds to meet and trade.

Milo v3
2011-04-12, 07:11 AM
How about Trobriand?
He is normally forgotten about but like him. He is the most powerful surviving Ex-Apprentice of Halaster. He is known as the Metal Mage because he is is a master at creating Constructs.

He is pretty powerful and his stats can be found on page 28 of "City Of Splendors: Watedeep"

Edit: The 9 Skulls of Skullport can be an awesome group of Enemies as well. They have stats as 8HD Flameskulls (Not that powerful but wait), they can use the spells of a Sorcerer 26/Archmage 5/ Netherese Arcanist (Players Guide to Faerun) 5 (This spell pool is shared between all the Skulls).

Also they are indestructable aslong as Skullport's Mythal is intact as it acts as a Phylactery.

Element Zero
2011-04-12, 07:16 AM
Trobriand is good...don't know why he never occurred to me. Thought about using him as an excuse to introduce the Warforged to Faerun, too.

Yuan-Ti are among the short list of baddies I've never fought as a player...would be interesting to try and cook up something using both of them.

Diarmuid
2011-04-12, 09:38 AM
Undermountain is also chock full of Drow and Beholders, either one is worthy of planning a campaign around.

DMJeff
2014-03-09, 07:36 PM
I find the Thrall herd (expanded psionics) class to make the ultimate villain. Picture Conan the Barbarian when The main Villain (James Earl Jones) waves a faithful follower off a cliff. Lackeys that will die for there master with a unique take on the leadership feat. Gives him meat shields an arsenal of low level healers ect...

Zweisteine
2014-03-09, 07:52 PM
Exemplars of Evil is a book of pre-made villains. It might come in handy.