PDA

View Full Version : Just watched a poorly executed movie, need reccomendations for similar but better.

Gnoman
2011-04-12, 07:04 AM
I just rented a movie called "Assault Girls," and I rather disliked it. The plot involved four players in a fully-immersive MMO trying to defeat an area boss, first singly, then as a party. The pacing was terrible (70 minute movie, 18 minutes of intro, 40 minutes of walking) but there were a lot of decent elements in it that I would like to see. In a better movie. Any advice?

Sarco_Phage
2011-04-12, 07:06 AM
there were a lot of decent elements in it that I would like to see

What do you mean by decent elements?

Gnoman
2011-04-12, 07:08 AM
Well, I did like the clash of the different archetypes represented by the four characters, and the fact that it was set in an MMO had potential.

Re'ozul
2011-04-12, 09:47 AM
Avalon (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avalon_%282001_film%29) is a nice MMO "what is reality" kind of movie.

Though its less free-roaming and more instance based/PVP.

Gnoman
2011-04-12, 10:44 AM
I'm leery of trying that. Assault Girls is a sequel of sorts to Avalon.

Re'ozul
2011-04-12, 05:44 PM
I did not realize that, huh.

From the few clips I just now watched Assault girls looks good in a campy blow-stuff-up kind of way.

Avalon was a polish co-production though.

Assault girls looks like Casshern+Godzilla+Mechs.

Avalon is completely different.
It has some action scenes (to appeal to people i guess) but is more introspective.

Keep in mind, its still only a B-movie at best, but its less about blowing stuff up and more about figuring out wether reality really is reality.

Gnoman
2011-04-13, 04:55 PM
This describes Assault Girls exactly. There's maybe 5 minutes of action in the entire film.