PDA

View Full Version : Burger and other foods recipes

Obrysii
2011-04-12, 09:55 AM
This thread is rated NSFV - not safe for vegetarians! :smallwink: :smallbiggrin:

So. Lately I have been increasingly trying to do my own cooking - it's less expensive and I'm generally pleased with my results. Except for when I burn things. Or set fire to the kitchen.

Ahem.

So. With that said, I came up with a good burger recipe - and was wondering if you guys had any others?

Mine is as follows:
Ingredients:
1 pound ground sirloin (I used black angus)
1 pound ground round (black angus)
Lawry's Seasoning Salt to taste
A teaspoon of nutmeg (I'll increase this next time)
2 teaspoons of allspice
Garlic powder to taste
1 quart Beef stock
Slices of mozzarella
Sea salt and fresh ground pepper

Combine meat, seasoning salt, and spices except salt and pepper. Form into patties. On a flat griddle set to 300 degrees, quickly pour beef stock onto the griddle, place patty in stock and flatten. Pour additional stock over patty and season with sea salt and ground pepper. Cover griddle and let cook for 1.5 minutes. Remove cover and flip burger. Place slice of mozzarella on burger, and replace the cover. Cook for 2 minutes. Serve immediately.

So, as summer slowly arrives - any recipes the Playground might want to share?

Haruki-kun
2011-04-12, 10:19 AM
My favorite recipe:

Ingredients:

Ramen
Water
Flavor Pack

Boil water
Add Ramen
Add Flavoring
Nom.

:smallwink:

Obrysii
2011-04-12, 10:21 AM
If I were you, I'd alter the recipe so as to drain the water, THEN add in the seasoning. A much stronger flavor thus erupts.

Coidzor
2011-04-12, 11:22 AM
Well, if you like the taste of bourbon and really rare meat, one of my friends swears by an otherwise minimalistic burger construction and spicing that involves dousing the burger with bourbon and then setting fire to it to sear the outside and seal the juices and remaining bourbon inside and then heating it so that it reaches a minimal safe cooking temperature for edibility.

Originally got it from a James Beard book on Barbecue, I believe.

Orzel
2011-04-12, 04:49 PM
The Orzel Burger involves an injection of Orzel's Grillin' Sauz.

Hand squeezed onion juice
Worcestershire
Hand squeezed celery juice
Hand squeezed tomato juice
Bourbon
Oregano
Leftover plain Potato chip dust
and brown sugar

Measurements? Proportions? Who needs those?!

Shades of Gray
2011-04-12, 06:35 PM
My favorite recipe:

Ingredients:

Ramen
Water
Flavor Pack

Boil water
Add Ramen
Add Flavoring
Nom.

:smallwink:

1) Boil water
2) Eat crunchy noodles raw
3) Drink boiling water
4) Snort flavoring
5) ???
6) Emergency Room Profit

Bhu
2011-04-12, 07:38 PM
Put a pound of ground sirloin in a skillet with appropriate spices (they vary for me, garlic powder is a must) and start it frying.

In the meantime get a pound of steak cut into one inch cubes, put it in a dutch oven and cover it with orange juice. Put on a lid and start baking at 350 for an hour.

Put a large pot on the stove and pour in a large bottle of spicy v8 or low sodium tomato juice. Drain two cans of mixed beans (red, pinto, chili) or hot chili beans, and one can of black beans. Add a packet of chili spice of your choice, a tablespoon of indian chili powder, and diced peppers of your choice (I use 14 habaneros and a few softer chilis). All the heat for the peppers are in the seeds and ribs so cut those out to cool them off if you cant take heat.

When the sirloin is about done, cover it with worcestershire sauce, drain when it finishes cooking, and add to pot.

Start frying a third type of meat (lamb, ground turkey, etc) in ginger and garlic (and maybe some ground red pepper) and add to pot when it cooks

Drain oj off of steak and add it to pot, let it cook thoroughly for a few hours, refrigerate when it cools down to let it dehydrate a little.

Cook till its hot next day and serve with melted cheeses on top.

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2011-04-12, 09:07 PM
1) Boil water
3) Drink boiling water
4) Snort flavoring
5) ???
6) Emergency Room Profit

Shades of Gray, you have a problem. That problem is the fact that you're too damn awesome to live.

Haruki-kun
2011-04-12, 09:37 PM
1) Boil water
3) Drink boiling water
4) Snort flavoring
5) ???
6) Emergency Room Profit

Heh. :smalltongue:

If I were you, I'd alter the recipe so as to drain the water, THEN add in the seasoning. A much stronger flavor thus erupts.

To be completely honest, that's not how I make it. I usually add a few veggies, three eggs, and sometimes some raw chicken to the ramen, which all gets cooked wit the boiling water. The chicken's a bit tasteless, but the eggs mix in very nicely. :smallsmile:

Coidzor
2011-04-12, 10:50 PM
The Orzel Burger involves an injection of Orzel's Grillin' Sauz.

Hand squeezed onion juice
Worcestershire
Hand squeezed celery juice
Hand squeezed tomato juice
Bourbon
Oregano
Leftover plain Potato chip dust
and brown sugar

Measurements? Proportions? Who needs those?!

...So the salt and stuff that's left over at the bottom of a bag of chips? Certainly a colorful addition.

Gaelbert
2011-04-13, 12:56 AM
I eat all my (veggie) burgers with dijon mustard and hummus. Most delicious combination known to man. Back when I used to eat meat, I would include horseradish in the mix as well. I'd still do it, but I can never find horseradish. Oh well.

The_Admiral
2011-04-13, 02:30 AM
My favourite
Buy Ramli Burger Meat
Fry it
Eat with Cheese 2 slices of bread and pickles

Coidzor
2011-04-13, 02:32 AM
I eat all my (veggie) burgers with dijon mustard and hummus. Most delicious combination known to man. Back when I used to eat meat, I would include horseradish in the mix as well. I'd still do it, but I can never find horseradish. Oh well.

What, like, fresh horseradish from the produce section? :smallconfused:

Gaelbert
2011-04-13, 02:54 AM
What, like, fresh horseradish from the produce section? :smallconfused:

No, they can turn it into a sauce. There's also horseradish mustard which will do in a pinch, but it lacks the kick of proper prepared horseradish. And the main reason I haven't been able to find it is because I haven't been looking for it.