PDA

View Full Version : For my ToB Crusader in Pathfinder: Diamond Mind and no Concentration skill?

Brock Samson
2011-04-12, 01:47 PM
Anyone have a suggestion? I could either just try to add it as a skill specifically for me, but would really only be good for that purpose. Or is there another skill in Pathfinder that I could use instead?

nyarlathotep
2011-04-12, 01:51 PM
I use martial lore instead.

Brock Samson
2011-04-12, 01:54 PM
Good point, but that's not a Pathfinder skill is it?

Frozen_Feet
2011-04-12, 02:04 PM
It's not core 3.5 skill either, it's a ToB skill. So if you're using ToB, nothing stops you from using it anyhow.

Brock Samson
2011-04-12, 02:05 PM
Excellent point. I suppose investing 1 skill/level into making sure my saves are AWESOME is certainly worth it.

McSmack
2011-04-12, 02:09 PM
Since you're playing a 3.5 class in a PF game you'll have to wing it. Easiest solution is to simply add the skill to your list. You'll only need it for Diamond Mind abilities, but it's worth the tradeoff.
Same thing goes for Martial Lore.

There's a healthy precedent for splatbooks adding new skills. You wouldn't tell a Psion he couldn't take Autohypnosis or Psicraft because it's not in the PHB would you?

I'd check with the DM and see if you can just use Martial Lore for Diamond Mind, no sense in adding two new skills to the list when you only need one.

Brock Samson
2011-04-12, 02:25 PM
I'm sure the DM would be fine with just using Martial Lore. Thanks guys.

testpatternmih
2011-04-12, 02:31 PM
Martial Lore was a skill just for martial adepts. It makes the most sense to use in place of Conc check. Just add it to your PF list.

Cieyrin
2011-04-12, 02:53 PM
I brought up this sentiment a couple months ago, though more in general to all of ToB in Pathfinder, considering the PF skill list absorbed a lot of skills. Balance, Jump and Tumble all got moved into Athletics, which changed the corresponding skills for those disciplines (Desert Wind, Iron Heart, Stone Dragon, Tiger Claw). The collective conclusion on Diamond Mind we had was to change the skill either to Perception or, if Psionics Unleashed was on the table, to Autohypnosis. Hope that helps some.

MeeposFire
2011-04-12, 04:42 PM
Do you mean acrobatics? Athletics is a 4e skill but on the PF SRD I don't see athletics.

navar100
2011-04-13, 01:34 PM
I've thought about this myself. I figured Sense Motive would be equivalent enough in flavor text terms to replace Concentration.

Cieyrin
2011-04-14, 10:43 AM
Do you mean acrobatics? Athletics is a 4e skill but on the PF SRD I don't see athletics.

Yeah, that's what I meant. It's been a while since I've looked at PF stuff, I admit. >_>;;

MeeposFire
2011-04-14, 12:52 PM
Yeah, that's what I meant. It's been a while since I've looked at PF stuff, I admit. >_>;;

Yea me too. I only found out since I remembered the acrobatic skill and I thought some of those skills should be under acrobatics so I checked and it was not until then that I found out there was no athletics skill (I thought they did too).

subject42
2011-04-14, 01:13 PM
My group has been treating it the same way that casters handle concentration checks in Pathfinder.

It seems to be working pretty well so far.