PDA

View Full Version : Huge Fullblade Size

Rowan Arquest
2011-04-12, 08:50 PM
How big, in feet would a huge Fullblade be? It's for a Half-Giant.

MeeposFire
2011-04-12, 08:54 PM
Fullblades in 3.5 are in reality a bastard sword so that would make it a 3d8 damage weapon if huge. However you cannot wield a huge weapon normally as a half-giant so you probably have to use a large weapon so 2d8 damage.

Fullblades use 3.0 sizing rules that don't work nicely in 3.5 which is the problem.

EDIT: Woops lost track of the question sorry. Look up large size bastard sword and use that.

Sacrieur
2011-04-12, 08:56 PM
Big. Really big. You know the great sword for the large creature? Add six inches.

KillianHawkeye
2011-04-12, 09:13 PM
Don't get too hung up on the differences between 3.0 and 3.5 weapon sizes. The fullblade is basically just a bigger bastard sword. A fullblade made for a medium creature already does 2d8 damage, and requires the Exotic Weapon Proficiency feat in order for a medium creature to wield it at all.

A half-giant (thanks to his powerful build trait) can wield a fullblade designed for a large creature, but it's a little unclear if they could wield a medium-sized fullblade as though they were a large creature. (The exact text from powerful build is "A half-giant can use weapons designed for a creature one size larger without penalty.")

Regardless, with Exotic Weapon Proficiency, a half-giant definitely CAN wield a large-sized fullblade in two hands, which would deal 3d8 points of damage. A standard fullblade is 18 inches longer than a greatsword (which is usually about 5 or 6 feet long itself), and a large-sized fullblade should be about twice that length.

EDIT: Don't hurt your brain trying to figure out why you still only have a five foot reach when your sword is thirteen feet long, though. :smalltongue:

IthroZada
2011-04-12, 09:18 PM
Maybe find a way to get the sword able to turn into a brilliant energy sword on command so you can swing it in dungeons...

Greenish
2011-04-12, 09:30 PM
Maybe find a way to get the sword able to turn into a brilliant energy sword on command so you can swing it in dungeons...A kobold with Strongarm Bracers can use a medium-sized Guisarme in a tunnel sized for tiny creatures just as easily as in a flat, featureless plane. True story.

MeeposFire
2011-04-12, 09:32 PM
Looking back at the old books a medium creature cannot wield a fullblade at all in 3.0. So a half-giant is medium sized can use a normal fullblade due to powerful build but a larger than standard fullblade would be a no go.

So 2d8 weapon with a blade a blade that is 18 inches longer than a greatsword. There you go the length of the blade.

IthroZada
2011-04-12, 09:33 PM
A kobold with Strongarm Bracers can use a medium-sized Guisarme in a tunnel sized for tiny creatures just as easily as in a flat, featureless plane. True story.

Your story makes me weep.

Edit:
Looking back at the old books a medium creature cannot wield a fullblade at all in 3.0. So a half-giant is medium sized can use a normal fullblade due to powerful build but a larger than standard fullblade would be a no go.

You do realize the whole point of the fullblade was to take a feat that let a medium size character use it so they could pretend to be Cloud, right? He just needs to take EWP: Fullblade, and done.

MeeposFire
2011-04-12, 09:39 PM
Your story makes me weep.

Edit:

You do realize the whole point of the fullblade was to take a feat that let a medium size character use it so they could pretend to be Cloud, right? He just needs to take EWP: Fullblade, and done.

Actually no I didn't and considering that the description for fullblade says "A fullblade is 18 inches longer than a greatsword, and is too large for a medium character to use at all" your medium sized character cannot use a standard fullblade without using something that lets him wield weapons as a large creature such as powerful build.

So no the half giant cannot use a fullblade bigger than normal without increasing in size.

IthroZada
2011-04-12, 09:45 PM
Actually no I didn't and considering that the description for fullblade says "A fullblade is 18 inches longer than a greatsword, and is too large for a medium character to use at all" your medium sized character cannot use a standard fullblade without using something that lets him wield weapons as a large creature such as powerful build.

So no the half giant cannot use a fullblade bigger than normal without increasing in size.

A fullblade is 18 inches longer than a
greatsword and is too large for a Medium-size creature
to use with two hands without special training;
thus, it is an exotic weapon.
That's from Arms and Equipment Guide pg. 7.

faceroll
2011-04-12, 09:45 PM

The weapon was originally (and only, as far as I know) printed in Sword and Fist. In there, it simply looks like a very large greatsword, sized for a large creature. And in fact, that is exactly what it is. It's also known as the "ogre's greatsword". Nothing to do with Final Fantasy games.

McSmack
2011-04-12, 09:46 PM

No it doesn't. I have the book on my lap right now (I keep my most useless 3.0 books in a stack below my monitor. So's I don't get a crick in my neck).

A&EG Pg 7/ Sword and Fist pg 72 " A fullblade is 18 inches longer than an greatsword and is too long for a Medium-sized creature to use with two hands without special training" i.e. EWP (fullblade).
It also states that (Medium-sized creatures cannot use a fullblade one-handed at all).

The weapon was originally (and only, as far as I know) printed in Sword and Fist. In there, it simply looks like a very large greatsword, sized for a large creature. And in fact, that is exactly what it is. It's also known as the "ogre's greatsword". Nothing to do with Final Fantasy games.

It was printed in Sword and Fist, and then reprinted in Arms and Equipment guide.

IthroZada
2011-04-12, 09:48 PM

The Cloud bit was simply a joke.
And from page 72 of the Sword and Fist.

A fullblade is 18 inches longer than a
greatsword, and is too large for a Medium-size creature
to use with two hands without special training; thus, it
is an exotic weapon.

Edit: Now, I would stat a Fullblade like a large bastard sword, and keep it as a medium weapon with its standard rules about using it two handed with EWP, because I know plenty of people like using big swords, and it always comes up. If they want to spend a feat, so be it.

MeeposFire
2011-04-12, 10:03 PM
The Cloud bit was simply a joke.
And from page 72 of the Sword and Fist.

Edit: Now, I would stat a Fullblade like a large bastard sword, and keep it as a medium weapon with its standard rules about using it two handed with EWP, because I know plenty of people like using big swords, and it always comes up. If they want to spend a feat, so be it.

I have sword and fist opened and mine does not say that. It says medium creatures can't use it at all. Unless you have a different one than I do. Assuming this we would normally have to decide which book is the core book for the fullblade and I am not sure there is any official listing for that sort of thing. Of course it really is not worth it.

I agree on the bastard sword bit as that is what the fullblade is trying to be in the old sizing rules of 3.0.

IthroZada
2011-04-12, 10:10 PM
I have sword and fist opened and mine does not say that. It says medium creatures can't use it at all. Unless you have a different one than I do. Assuming this we would normally have to decide which book is the core book for the fullblade and I am not sure there is any official listing for that sort of thing. Of course it really is not worth it.

I agree on the bastard sword bit as that is what the fullblade is trying to be in the old sizing rules of 3.0.

Ah, yours has the errata in it. Sword and Fist came out in 2001, the errata in 2002, and the Arms and Equipment guide in 2003. So I guess the original description stands.

MeeposFire
2011-04-12, 10:15 PM
Weird I must say though not uncommon considering how things were like in 3.0.

Claudius Maximus
2011-04-12, 10:19 PM
Ah, yours has the errata in it. Sword and Fist came out in 2001, the errata in 2002, and the Arms and Equipment guide in 2003. So I guess the original description stands.

What? I don't think so. The A&EG version of item takes precedence as it is the latest source on the matter.

MeeposFire
2011-04-12, 10:22 PM
Perhaps though what makes it the official one is not always the last product. The monster manual is the ultimate authority on a number of subjects but is one of the first products.

IthroZada
2011-04-12, 10:25 PM
What? I don't think so. The A&EG version of item takes precedence as it is the latest source on the matter.

Since the A&EG is the exact same as the first description, overriding the errata, that's what I meant. They made the item, changed it, then changed it back.

MeeposFire
2011-04-12, 10:28 PM
Which could be a copy paste job for all we know (wouldn't be the first time). I doubt it would be productive trying to figure this out due to a lack of adjudication on the matter.

Rowan Arquest
2011-04-12, 10:43 PM
Yeah, so I'm taking EWP: Fullblade, and I have powerful build, that would mean I could use a LARGE Fullblade which would be 3d8 right? And the sword is 13' long. -,- So big... My plan going on this info is to use call weapon. Yay loopholes, even though it says you can't designate a specific weapon, "Large Fullblade" is still vague enough to skirt the rules. Because technically, when you summon a weapon as a human, you pick a medium, but a halfling would pick a small... so you can pick the size category. Also, this solves the portability problem by making it temporary... at least until i get a bag of holding and my permanent Fullblade, and if i need to, I can fall back on my large greatsword.

MeeposFire
2011-04-12, 11:32 PM
Now here is a funny little thing I just looked it up in the FAQ. You could use a huge fullblade.

So 3d8 and I am unsure of the size but it will be larger than 18 inches longer than a medium greatsword.

And if it matters they apparently use the A&EG version since otherwise this would not work.

Oddly this also means that due to the rules changes the fullblade will give you a -2 to hit due to the rules that say that if you wield a weapon sized larger or smaller than you (in this case it is one size too large) then you take a -2 to hit.

Since the fullblade description does not specify that it removes this penalty (it can't since this penalty did not exist at the time) the general rule still applies.

Gaius Marius
2011-04-13, 09:08 AM
Why stop at the simple fullblade, and not go for the Mercurial Fullblade instead? :smallcool:

Greenish
2011-04-13, 09:09 AM
Why stop at the simple fullblade, and not go for the Mercurial Fullblade instead? :smallcool:Heavy Mercurial Fullblade.

Then cry when the tashatalora still gets to roll more dice.

Sacrieur
2011-04-13, 09:30 AM
Heavy Mercurial Fullblade.

Then cry when the tashatalora still gets to roll more dice.

A keen mercurial fullblade.

---

I love fullblades, period. The rules can be a tad confusing, but I always used them like this:

A creature cannot wield a fullblade its size without EWP, and must use two hands.

A creature may wield a fullblade one size smaller than itself with one hand for no penalty. Though it takes the -4 proficency penalty if it does not have EWP for fullblades.

So with powerful build or strongarm bracers I always said YES! You can wield a fullblade one size larger, but you must use two hands and have EWP.

---

As far as I know most DMs aren't opposed to using fullblades like this. Fullblades deal 3d8 as a large weapon.

---

Anyway, I always pictured fullblades to be like Cloud's sword, like a wide chunk of metal. Rather than something like a masamune, where the blade is simply very long.

A lot of people may complain that it's weeaboo or unrealistic. First off, I can name plenty of western video games that feature fullblades, second, you have a wizard who can summon meteors from the sky on a daily bloody basis and you're concerned about a warrior (who has superhuman strength) wielding a huge sword.

Gaius Marius
2011-04-13, 09:33 AM
A keen mercurial fullblade.

Then take the "Disciple of Dispater" PrC in the Book of Vile darkness, to further expand your critical hit range.

Then take the +4 to confirm critical..

That's starting to be dangerous... :smallbiggrin:

MeeposFire
2011-04-13, 09:38 AM
A fullblade is 3d8 as a huge weapon (which is usable by a large creature with the prof). The original fullblade was already considered a large weapon and deals 2d8.

Rowan Arquest
2011-04-13, 09:54 AM
So what would be the stats on a Huge Heavy Mercurial Fullblade?

AslanCross
2011-04-13, 10:00 AM
So what would be the stats on a Huge Heavy Mercurial Fullblade?

Mercurial isn't a weapon property. The Mercurial Longsword and Greatsword are Exotic weapons on their own. I guess one could simply change the crit multiplier to x4, but that can be accomplished with Kaorti resin as well, I think.

Sacrieur
2011-04-13, 10:17 AM
A fullblade is 3d8 as a huge weapon (which is usable by a large creature with the prof). The original fullblade was already considered a large weapon and deals 2d8.

Get Strongarm Bracers and see if your DM will allow you to pick up a large mercurial fullblade (3d8 damage, 19-20 crit, x2).

Apply Laminated Steel and Serrated Weapon (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6823244&postcount=15) types to it too. Take Improved Critical. This increases the threat range to 17 - 20, with x5 damage. Improved Critical does not traditionally stack, but specifically does stack with the following bonuses.

Take Psychic Weapon Master (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/psm/20040827d) to level 7. This will increase threat range to 15 - 20. Additionally, you may also increase your multiplier by 1 3 times a day. So at max you get x6 damage on a critical. Additionally, you deal base damage at max on critical hit, and then roll critical damage and add the result.

Now take 8 levels of DoD. This will triple your crit range. Because you have a crit range of 6, you now have a crit range of 3 - 20. Take cleave and great cleave.

Now let the slaughtering commence.

---

The full build is Psiwar 5 / PWM 7 / DoD 8

---

Emm yes, Kaorti Resin accomplishes the same thing if you're not allowed to have a mercurial fullblade. As for a heavy fullblade, I would move it a size category higher.

MeeposFire
2011-04-13, 10:30 AM
Get Strongarm Bracers and see if your DM will allow you to pick up a large mercurial fullblade (3d8 damage, 19-20 crit, x2).

Apply Laminated Steel and Serrated Weapon (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6823244&postcount=15) types to it too. This increased the threat range to 16 - 20, with x5 damage.

Take Psychic Weapon Master (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/psm/20040827d) to level 7. This will increase threat range to 14 - 20. Additionally, you may also increase your multiplier by 1 3 times a day. So at max you get x6 damage on a critical. Additionally, you deal base damage at max on critical hit, and then roll critical damage and add the result.

Now take 8 levels of DoD. This will triple your crit range. Because you have a crit range of 7, you now have a crit range of 1 - 20. Take cleave and great cleave.

Now let the slaughtering commence.

---

The full build is Psiwar 5 / PWM 7 / DoD 8

---

Emm yes, Kaorti Resin accomplishes the same thing if you're not allowed to have a mercurial fullblade. As for a heavy fullblade, I would move it a size category higher.

You are describing a huge fullblade not a large one. The standard fullblade is a large weapon that can be used by medium creatures if they pick up the EWP. A large creature would use a huge fullblade and it deals 3d8 damage. Merculial fullblades (which technically do not exist but oh well) would have a x4 crit.

Sacrieur
2011-04-13, 10:40 AM
You are describing a huge fullblade not a large one. The standard fullblade is a large weapon that can be used by medium creatures if they pick up the EWP. A large creature would use a huge fullblade and it deals 3d8 damage. Merculial fullblades (which technically do not exist but oh well) would have a x4 crit.

Emm yes, a huge fullblade. The mercurial deal can be bypassed with kaorti resin if needed.

MeeposFire
2011-04-13, 10:49 AM
Emm yes, a huge fullblade. The mercurial deal can be bypassed with kaorti resin if needed.

Wait why do we want to not have x4 crits as a base?

Unless you mean that the resin also gives you the x4 then I understand what you mean.

I just mentioned mercurial since you had it in your post and it said x2 crit instead of x4 crit and if had a mercurial fullblade it should have x4 crit.

Gaius Marius
2011-04-13, 11:43 AM

Unless you mean that the resin also gives you the x4 then I understand what you mean.

I just mentioned mercurial since you had it in your post and it said x2 crit instead of x4 crit and if had a mercurial fullblade it should have x4 crit.

Since a fullblade is an exotic weapon in its own right, I don't see why you can't simply pick the exotic mercurial fullblade instead. Still costs you the EWP

MeeposFire
2011-04-13, 11:48 AM
You can extrapolate what a mercurial fullblade would do but officially mercurial is not something you can add to any weapon. It is a set of specific weapons. That is all I was saying on that end.

Sacrieur
2011-04-13, 11:51 AM

Mercurial isn't a special type you can add to a weapon, it's a special type of weapon. That said, there are only two mercurial weapons IIRC. There's no reason other weapons can't be mercurial as well with DM fiat.

But supposing your DM is a stiff rules are rules and that weapon doesn't exist because it doesn't exist "officially", then you can use Kaorti Resin to achieve the same benefit.

Rowan Arquest
2011-04-13, 12:02 PM
Now while I admit that that build is awesome, DoD is right out due to role playing reasons T.T Besides, I'm not into min-maxing like crazy, I just want to make a character that is fun to play and roleplay. But I have to say that I'm liking Psionic Weapon Master with the extended crit range.

So what I'm looking at right now is Half-Giant Psiwar5/PWM7/... but where to go from there? Is there another PrC I can look into, or should I finish the progression off on the existing classes?

Also, I'm pretty sure I can use a Fullblade that is 1 size category larger than normal(including the fact that it starts over-sized), because a medium sized creature can use the standard Fullblade with EWP, and Half-Giants have Powerful Build. I'm pretty sure the standard Fullblade counts as a large, so a Half-Giant with the EWP can equip a Huge, which would be around 13' long and around 50lbs heavy I believe.

EDIT- And I'll see if my DM will let me houserule in a Deep Crystal Fullblade with liquid crystal in place of mercury. :P

Almost there folks, lets check our work. :D

McSmack
2011-04-13, 12:03 PM
...or if you're me you just ban the fullblade because it's 3.0, and was never published in any official 3.5 book.

MeeposFire
2011-04-13, 12:12 PM
3.0 is explicitly allowed unless it is updated. Fullblades were never really updated (and a question about using them made it into the 3.5 FAQ) so they are still good to go. The only problem it is in one of those hazy rules areas that make little sense due to the rules changes.

One thing to remember is that there is one important rules change and that is using the fullblade as intended will give you a -2 to hit since it is one size larger than you. This is due to the rules change on weapon size and the lack of a specific exception for this penalty in the fullblade description.

Sacrieur
2011-04-13, 12:16 PM
3.0 is explicitly allowed unless it is updated. Fullblades were never really updated (and a question about using them made it into the 3.5 FAQ) so they are still good to go. The only problem it is in one of those hazy rules areas that make little sense due to the rules changes.

One thing to remember is that there is one important rules change and that is using the fullblade as intended will give you a -2 to hit since it is one size larger than you. This is due to the rules change on weapon size and the lack of a specific exception for this penalty in the fullblade description.

I've never played it with -2 to hit. I don't see a reason why. You're all ready burning a feat just to use the bloody thing at all. I say if you've trained that much with the thing, you can use it without size penalty.

Now while I admit that that build is awesome, DoD is right out due to role playing reasons T.T Besides, I'm not into min-maxing like crazy, I just want to make a character that is fun to play and roleplay. But I have to say that I'm liking Psionic Weapon Master with the extended crit range.

More of a TO than anything. Like a thought exercise.

So what I'm looking at right now is Half-Giant Psiwar5/PWM7/... but where to go from there? Is there another PrC I can look into, or should I finish the progression off on the existing classes?

I was just doing that class for fun, not really suggesting you take it. If you really want to play a Psiwar, then Psiwar it up, he's a tier 3 class all ready. Taking PWM to 10 isn't too bad of an idea, since it can provide some serious bonuses to your weapon. You'll want to get your fullblade made of crystal for the entry requirements. It says it must be a standard weapon, so don't worry about serrated or anything.

The loss of manifester levels is an issue. I would suggest just playing pure Psiwar with Improved Crit. This still has 17-20 threat range.

Also, I'm pretty sure I can use a Fullblade that is 1 size category larger than normal(including the fact that it starts over-sized), because a medium sized creature can use the standard Fullblade with EWP, and Half-Giants have Powerful Build. I'm pretty sure the standard Fullblade counts as a large, so a Half-Giant with the EWP can equip a Huge, which would be around 13' long and around 50lbs heavy I believe.

This is where things get sticky. I rule it in favor of the player.

EDIT- And I'll see if my DM will let me houserule in a Deep Crystal Fullblade with liquid crystal in place of mercury. :P

Well, that would sure make it dangerous =P

MeeposFire
2011-04-13, 12:27 PM
I've never played it with -2 to hit. I don't see a reason why. You're all ready burning a feat just to use the bloody thing at all. I say if you've trained that much with the thing, you can use it without size penalty.

1. I am happy to know you got a stealth benefit whether intentional or unintentional.

2) The reason why is that it is rules for using a weapon too large for yourself. If you want more reasoning it also happens to balance the weapon against other weapons. It would give you the same bonus to cost ratio as other exotic weapons. The prof allows to even wield the thing which is a larger benefit than most weapons prof feats which normally only eleiminate a penlaty.

3) Just because you train with something does not mean you can eliminate all the issues with a weapon. You already got the ability to ignore prof penalties from the weapon (normal benefit from the feat) and the abiltiy to wield the weapon at all (which is additional benefit not normally found in the prof feat). Why should this weapon get a third benefit from a feat while all other weapons only get one?

Sacrieur
2011-04-13, 12:35 PM
1. I am happy to know you got a stealth benefit whether intentional or unintentional.

2) The reason why is that it is rules for using a weapon too large for yourself. If you want more reasoning it also happens to balance the weapon against other weapons. It would give you the same bonus to cost ratio as other exotic weapons. The prof allows to even wield the thing which is a larger benefit than most weapons prof feats which normally only eleiminate a penlaty.

3) Just because you train with something does not mean you can eliminate all the issues with a weapon. You already got the ability to ignore prof penalties from the weapon (normal benefit from the feat) and the abiltiy to wield the weapon at all (which is additional benefit not normally found in the prof feat). Why should this weapon get a third benefit from a feat while all other weapons only get one?

Because fullblades are awesome man =D.

Greatswords are martial weapons, which most fighting-types get proficiency for, for absolutely free. 2d8 isn't much of an improvement over 2d6. I don't see why grabbing that feat shouldn't negate the size penalty.

Rowan Arquest
2011-04-13, 12:38 PM
OK, just bounced my ideas off the DM, and he has OK'd the Huge Veined Deep Crystal Fullblade O.o. He's enforcing the -2 to attack rolls, no big deal, it can be worked around. Thinking of picking up Precog to boost attack rolls, and there are a bunch of other methods too.

McSmack
2011-04-13, 01:12 PM
1) The fullblade, by it's own definition is a bastard sword made for a large sized creature.

2) A bastard sword can be used as a two handed martial weapon.

3) A medium sized character can use a weapon sized for a large sized creature by taking a -2 penalty.

So am I wrong thinking that technically you could use a fullblade two handed as a martial weapon for a -2 penalty, no feat required.

MeeposFire
2011-04-13, 01:18 PM
1) The fullblade, by it's own definition is a bastard sword made for a large sized creature.

2) A bastard sword can be used as a two handed martial weapon.

3) A medium sized character can use a weapon sized for a large sized creature by taking a -2 penalty.

So am I wrong thinking that technically you could use a fullblade two handed as a martial weapon for a -2 penalty, no feat required.

1) I essentially agree. It is a fair extrapolation.

2) yes

3) Yes but they must now wield it by increasing the handedness by one. Light weapons become one handed, one handed become two handed, and two handed cannot be wielded. So you cannot wield a fullblade as a martial weapon as a race one size too small.

By taking the proficiency feat you now treat the fullblade as a one handed weapon. Since you are one size too small then have to wield it two handed. Now the fullblade is legal. The fullblade therefor does require the feat to be used by a smaller creature.

It actually works out very well with the rules and matches the bastard sword of the same size in every way except perhaps in weight, cost, and dimensions.

McSmack
2011-04-13, 01:59 PM
1) I essentially agree. It is a fair extrapolation.

2) yes

3) Yes but they must now wield it by increasing the handedness by one. Light weapons become one handed, one handed become two handed, and two handed cannot be wielded. So you cannot wield a fullblade as a martial weapon as a race one size too small.

By taking the proficiency feat you now treat the fullblade as a one handed weapon. Since you are one size too small then have to wield it two handed. Now the fullblade is legal. The fullblade therefor does require the feat to be used by a smaller creature.

It actually works out very well with the rules and matches the bastard sword of the same size in every way except perhaps in weight, cost, and dimensions.

<brain shifts> yes yes that does work out nicely. I hereby recend my 'ban the fullblade' post

MeeposFire
2011-04-13, 02:24 PM
Cool so now you can choose the elegant bastard sword (katana) or the really brutish giant bastard sword (fullblade).

Rowan Arquest
2011-04-13, 02:51 PM
Don't forget that when I manifest Expansion, the Fullblade also grows one size category with me(two if I pony up an extra 6 points :P). This will make the damage ridiculous by increasing the dice size and my Str score. But I do have one question. My Dex score is 13, and using Expansion gives a -2 penalty. I'm pretty sure it doesn't but will the penalty deny me access to the use of Dodge, Mobility and Psionic Dodge?

EDIT- Enjoy taking a Colossal Fullblade to the face >:D

herrhauptmann
2011-04-13, 05:14 PM
Stopped reading during the discussion of A&EG and S&F and which is correct. So if this has been said or invalidated by other posts, I apologize.

You can make your weapon [Heavy], either gold or platinum from Magic of Faerun. That makes its damage increase by 1 size category. However, that makes even a normal longsword into an exotic, and your DM might declare that your Heavy Fullblade to be a separate exotic, even though you're proficient in a normal Fullblade. :( The solution is just to take EWP: Heavy Fullblade. Or the skillful weapon (CArc?)

If your DM allows ToB, and homebrew, Endarire has a version of Stone Dragon where one of the stances lets you deal damage as if you were 1, 2 or even 3 sizes larger than normal.

If you're not married to the idea of a fullblade, might I suggest the Minotaur Greathammer? Also has some rules issues, but at least there's nothing about trying to update it to 3.5 rules.

KeithDas
2011-04-28, 06:11 PM
Alright i have a question im not savvy with the abrv forms for classes what is DoD?? in reference to the crit build erlier?

Curmudgeon
2011-04-28, 06:54 PM
Now take 8 levels of DoD. This will triple your crit range.
It will do nothing at all to your critical threat range. Iron Power only stacks with 3.0 Improved Critical. In a 3.5 game the restriction of Improved Critical stands:
This effect doesn’t stack with any other effect that expands the threat range of a weapon. Don't try to pull such shenanigans with any DM who has a stack of heavy books ready to fling. :smallwink:

KeithDas
2011-04-28, 06:56 PM
What 3.5 class whould effect it in a way similar ?

Curmudgeon
2011-04-28, 06:59 PM
Alright i have a question im not savvy with the abrv forms for classes what is DoD?? in reference to the crit build erlier?
Disciple of Dispater, starting on page 60 of the 3.0 supplement Book of Vile Darkness. Iron Power is the ability alluded to, which increases critical threat range. However, that only works in 3.0 D&D.

killem2
2012-04-10, 01:09 PM
I am also in the search for amazing weapons for my Goliath Barbarian. Just so I understand:

1. Fullblade in 2.0 is set damage for a medium creature, which is 2d8.

2. As a goliath, I can opt to increase it to a large Fullblade and deal 3d8 points of damage.

3. Since my range goes to large weapons, i could over extend myself to huge, for 4d8 points of damage, but then am penalized by 3,5 rules for using a weapon too big for my size.

4. I must have exotic weapon prof.

Is this right?

KillianHawkeye
2012-04-10, 04:37 PM
But I do have one question. My Dex score is 13, and using Expansion gives a -2 penalty. I'm pretty sure it doesn't but will the penalty deny me access to the use of Dodge, Mobility and Psionic Dodge?

Yes, losing the required Dexterity score will make you unable to benefit from Dodge, Mobility, Psionic Dodge, etc. They will come back online once your Dex returns to normal.

So buy Gloves of Dexterity or get your party mage to save a cat's grace spell for you. Or take animal affinity as one of your 2nd level powers.