PDA

View Full Version : Which 3.5 is like a 4e warlord?

Ozreth
2011-04-12, 10:10 PM
Is there an official 3.5 class that would be similar (at least in fluff/flavor) to the 4e warlord? Which book?

MeeposFire
2011-04-12, 10:13 PM
Marshal from the miniatures handbook (hence why the devs called the essentials update the Marshal build).

Unfortunately it is nowhere near as good as the warlord and it cannot heal in order to do that you might want to go another route.

Crusader from Tome of Battle is probably closer in mechanics (it was the test bed for 4e power mechanics). Choose Devoted spirit and white raven maneuvers and you are good to go.

IthroZada
2011-04-12, 10:15 PM
If I recall how the Warlord works, I think a White Raven Crusader (Tome of Battle) or Marshal (Miniatures Handbook) would be sort of equivalent, the Crusader being the better choice. Their is also a Dragon Warlord prestige class I think? I don't know his mechanics though, I think it was partly auras/intimidation.

Edit:Swordsaged.

MeeposFire
2011-04-12, 10:18 PM
Dragon warlord is an aura based full BAB prc.

Just so you know devoted spirit maneuvers will let you heal with your attacks and white raven gives you ally boosting powers. There are a lot of alignment based stuff in the devotes spirit stuff but you should not surprised since this is pre 4e design.

Cog
2011-04-12, 10:24 PM
There are a few spells that can help with the ally-maneuvering options (I think that's the Warlord's schtick, right?). In Spell Compendium there's the Slide spells for movment and the Snake's Swiftness spells for attacks, and there's some group teleports floating about too. A Crusader/Sorc going into Jade Phoenix Mage could pull it off.