PDA

View Full Version : Blank books for writing journals? (equipment)

Vuann
2011-04-13, 02:08 AM
Just curious, what type of items are available that work as journals for a character? I'm playing a factotum and would like to always have a book with me for writing down useful information (in character). The only blank books I can find are spell books, but I'm thinking there has to be something else.

Zaq
2011-04-13, 02:27 AM
I don't specifically know about anything else.

What, if I might ask, do you find unsatisfactory about using spellbooks as journals?

Kilbourne
2011-04-13, 02:44 AM
You could just use a normal journal, even in-character. Just because something doesn't exist in the DMG or PHB as a mundane item doesn't mean it doesn't exist in the game world your character inhabits.

Vangor
2011-04-13, 02:45 AM
Spellbooks (15gp) with are cheaper than 100 pages of parchment (2sp). Would simply use spellbooks or individual sheets of parchment as you feel you need them, though spellbooks are a tad tidier.

Vuann
2011-04-13, 02:53 AM
Spellbooks are fine, I just wasn't sure if they would count as something different for writing down mundane (ie; non-magical) information. A spellbook it is then.

Thanks

Otherworld Odd
2011-04-13, 03:29 AM
Nah, I think spellbooks are just regular books until you start writing magic in them.