PDA

View Full Version : Fuuuuuusion? Help pliz

acelegna
2011-04-13, 11:07 AM
Hi there (first post BTW). So yeah, got inspired by DBZ and decided to design some items for my 3.5 campaign that mimcs the Potora Earrings. But instead of 2 similar humanoids, I thought it would be more interesting to fortify a PC's relation with his Improved Familiar/Animal Companion/Special Mount through an interesting transformation:

"RUNES OF UNISON
Price: 15.000 gp
Activation: Full-Round (command)
Duration: 1 minute
Weight: -

Two identical stones that share the same mysterious rune at the center.

These two special rune-stones always come in pairs. Created by ancient druids, each stone is placed on a humanoid and his faithful beast friend. A ritual, consisting in 24 hours of uninterrupted meditation between the two allies is needed. Once complete, the rune stones become normal, worthless stones, but have left two identical permanent tattoos on the users.

Activating his tattoo, as a full round action, any small or medium corporeal humanoid (referred to here after as the base humanoid) and his Animal Companion, Familiar or Special Mount that is one size larger than him with at least four legs, combines together in a burst of radiant light. The base humanoid gains the Tauric Creature template (monster manual II pg 216), adding his Animal Companion/Familiar or Special Mount as the base creature. At the moment of fusing, the two allies must be within 10 feet of each other without any major obstacle in between. The new creature gains every benefit of the template, except for the following:

You decide what equipment is absorbed into the fused being and what equipment remains available for use. These fused items are restored once the power ends. The fused being has your current hit points plus the other creature’s current hit points. When the power ends, the fused being separates. The other creature appears in an area adjacent to you that you determine. If separation occurs in a cramped space, the other creature is expelled through the Astral Plane, finally coming to rest materially in the nearest empty space and taking 1d6 points of damage for each 10 feet of solid material passed through. Damage taken by the fused being is
split evenly between you and the other creature when the power ends. You do not leave the fusion with more hit points than you entered it with, unless you were damaged prior to the fusion and the fused being was subsequently healed. Ability damage and negative levels are also split between you and the other creature. (If an odd number of negative levels or ability score reductions must be split, you decide whether you or the other creature receives the additional loss.) If a fused being is killed, it separates into its constituent creatures, both of which are also dead.

This unison last for 1 minute and can only be used once per week."

I basically used the rules for Tauric creature and the Fusion psiconic power. So, what do you think?...Is everything in order? Price? Please let me know.

acelegna
2011-04-15, 07:59 AM
......wow, no one??

snowboule
2011-04-15, 08:30 AM
well I cant stop thinking about buffing the ally and the owner with a+con mod and temporary hit point spells then use your items to get the double bonus hit points from spells since he receive both creature's "current hit points"

"The fused being has your current hit points plus the other creature’s current hit points.This unison last for 1 minute and can only be used once per week."

also 1 week recharge is kinda long and i'm more like a random person :smallbiggrin: make you could make a roll to see how many days it takes to recharge with a d6.

Sacrieur
2011-04-15, 09:55 AM
With the real fusion, stats are added together. I suggest you do something like that if you only want it usable for ten rounds once per week. The Potora Earings are supposed to be the "proper" fusion, and so all stats, skills, AC, etc. is added together.

This is why Vegito was so terribly strong. His regular form was stronger than Goku's SSJ 3. The only thing I would consider not stacking is bonuses obtained by items.

Djinn_in_Tonic
2011-04-15, 10:19 AM
Fusion, from the Hypertext System Reference Document. (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/powers/fusion.htm)

Basically, use the rules for item creation and the above power.

It would cost 90,000 for a 50-use item (each use with manifester level 15, and thus lasting 15 minutes).

I might charge 50-60,000 for one usable one every 1d4 days.

acelegna
2011-04-15, 10:27 AM
Fusion, from the Hypertext System Reference Document. (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/powers/fusion.htm)

Basically, use the rules for item creation and the above power.

It would cost 90,000 for a 50-use item (each use with manifester level 15, and thus lasting 15 minutes).

I might charge 50-60,000 for one usable one every 1d4 days.

Thanks for the tip (i have NO idea how to price items). If I change it to every 1d8 days, is the price reduced to half? (25-30.000)

Djinn_in_Tonic
2011-04-15, 10:32 AM
Thanks for the tip (i have NO idea how to price items). If I change it to every 1d8 days, is the price reduced to half? (25-30.000)

No. The price reduction was honestly just me picking something that seemed appropriate. A single-use item would cost 6,000gp, but allowing an 8th level power, even once every 1d8 days, should have a high premium, to prevent it from being picked up by low level parties.

I'd probably go no lower than 40,000-45,000gp. But, again, this is guesswork...I could give you a really good estimate if I had my books in front of me, but I don't. I'll get back to you once I'm home.

EDIT: PRICING ESTIMATE

It's an infinitely usable item, but limited to once a week.

A use-activated psionic item costs (power level x manifester level x 2,000gp), or 240,000gp. It has no space limitation (because it doesn't occupy a body slot), so the price is doubled to 480,000gp for an at-will version of fusion.

Now, for charges per day, you divide the price by (5 / charges per day). We have less than 1 charge a day, so we'll start by dividing the price by 5. This gives us a price of 96,000 for a 1/day fusion effect. Divided by an additional 5 for uses per week (5 was chosen instead of 7 because the effect is a higher level than that low price might indicate) gives a total of 19,200gp. This is probably a little low, to be honest, given that a single-use item would cost 6000gp. I think my initial estimate of around 45,000gp is a solid one, although you could probably go 5,000gp in either direction.

Also note that this version works on anyone (not just your familiar), and lasts for 15 minutes.