PDA

View Full Version : Suicidal Tendencies : Picking up Demon's Soul

Gaius Marius
2011-04-13, 03:17 PM
All right. I'll buy this game later this week..

I want to know what kind of build I should start up with. What do you recommend I take in term of playstyle?

If possible, I'd like to have some sort of.. hmm.. maybe a Spear-User. Spears are cool. Spear and Backstabbing, actually...

I am open to suggestions. If you want to tell me: "DON'T PLAY THAT GAME YOU FOOL", then please say it in a colorful way :smallbiggrin:

Bucky
2011-04-13, 03:23 PM
DON'T PLAY THAT GAME YOU FOOL.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Gaius Marius
2011-04-13, 03:27 PM
DON'T PLAY THAT GAME YOU FOOL.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Ladies an Gentlemen, please come with me in this wild land. You can see in this post a Playgroundus Smartassus in his natural element. He hunts for potential opportunity to obey people in the most litteral ways and look witty at the same time.

The ways he procreate is still a mystery to the scientific community. The current theory is that such display of smartassery is probably a way to express his deep loneliness in a harsh and hostile world.

Quick, let's take a picture before his natural predator, the Trollus Stupidicus comes over!

Pie Guy
2011-04-13, 03:54 PM
Ladies an Gentlemen, please come with me in this wild land. You can see in this post a Playgroundus Smartassus in his natural element. He hunts for potential opportunity to obey people in the most litteral ways and look witty at the same time.

The ways he procreate is still a mystery to the scientific community. The current theory is that such display of smartassery is probably a way to express his deep loneliness in a harsh and hostile world.

Quick, let's take a picture before his natural predator, the Trollus Stupidicus comes over!

lol noob zoologist

:smalltongue:

Gaius Marius
2011-04-13, 04:15 PM
lol noob zoologist

:smalltongue:

Here it is! See how it goes after any other Playgrounders, seeking prays that wish to feed him.

The area's top of the food chain, the Supremus Moderatus, should not be far away. We should ignore the Trollus Stupidicus from now own, or it shall only become more powerful..

Domochevsky
2011-04-13, 06:42 PM
Cute, but as far as playstyle goes... just go with whatever works for you. I don't think there's a optimal choice of sorts. You're equally screwed in all ways. :smallwink:

Gaius Marius
2011-04-13, 06:44 PM
Really? In that case, I think I'll wing it with royalty. The wiki says it's a nice Thief/Mage mix, so I will give it a try.. Magical backstabbing, maybe?

Obviously, you can regale me of your own tales of having your soul crushed to rubbles by this game!

Domochevsky
2011-04-13, 08:27 PM
I've never played the game, since it's not on PC. Saw a pretty good LP though.

Going from that i think the only thing your starting class really affects is your gear, which can be important, depending on your play style.

Griever
2011-04-13, 09:37 PM
All right. I'll buy this game later this week..

I want to know what kind of build I should start up with. What do you recommend I take in term of playstyle?

If possible, I'd like to have some sort of.. hmm.. maybe a Spear-User. Spears are cool. Spear and Backstabbing, actually...

My first run through Demon's Souls, as memory serves, I ran as royalty (since my friend told me they start with a mana regen ring) and then got hold of the Winged Spear as quickly as possible. Winged Spear + <Insert Decent Shield Here> allows you to poke from behind a shield without leaving yourself too vulnerable.

Also, the ring will allow you to weaken stronger enemies more often with a well-timed opening fire bolt.

Oh! And before I forget, look up the Thief's Ring, that little beauty saved me from many unfortunate deaths.

Drfaust
2011-04-14, 09:02 AM
Suicidal Tendencies? Old L.A hardcore punk band reference? Probably not but one can still hope...

Gaius Marius
2011-04-14, 09:07 AM
Suicidal Tendencies? Old L.A hardcore punk band reference? Probably not but one can still hope...

No.. not really. It's just that I heard this game is hard.

Like, very hard. But also enjoyable out of it's difficulty, rather than despite it.

Brother Oni
2011-04-14, 11:39 AM
No.. not really. It's just that I heard this game is hard.

Like, very hard. But also enjoyable out of it's difficulty, rather than despite it.

It's hard in the sense that the mechanics are as unforgiving as the gameplay is difficult.

It's a little too old school for me - when I was younger I would have enjoyed it. Unfortunately these days, I have neither the time or the patience to really sink my teeth into a game like this.

Comet
2011-04-14, 11:50 AM
It's a great game, though I don't see myself playing it all the way through. Like, ever. Still, I got it for cheap so I'm more than happy with it.

Also, the bloke you see on the cover of the game and the intro? Knight, I think the class is called. It's hella badass, especially the armour and the helmet you start with.
I went with that and regret nothing. The knight starts off with a sword/Shield combo, though, which suited me just fine but might not be for you if you're set on your spear action.

All in all, I would just go with what feels the coolest. You can always start a new character later if you feel you've gotten yourself into a corner. For me, the greatest part of the game was exactly that I was diving into an unknown world where only the fact that I would die, and die again, was certain. Looking up strategy guides kinda ruins that feel of mystery and fantasy, I think.

Pie Guy
2011-04-14, 07:22 PM
From what I hear, don't be dicouraged if you need to sit in and empty room spamming heal with mana regen item.

Spartacus
2011-04-14, 11:13 PM
I started as a Royal guy, and they are both the most powerful class at max level (waste fewer points in Luck, start at lower level so you can assign optimum stat distribution) and their early spell is also really handy.