PDA

View Full Version : [PF] Harpy's Captivating Song

Arutema
2011-04-13, 03:36 PM
Pathfinder SRD:

A harpy's song has the power to infect the minds of those that hear it, calling them to the harpy's side. When a harpy sings, all creatures aside from other harpies within a 300-foot spread must succeed on a DC 16 Will saving throw or become captivated. A creature that successfully saves is not subject to the same harpy's song for 24 hours. A victim under the effects of the captivating song moves toward the harpy using the most direct means available. If the path leads them into a dangerous area such as through fire or off a cliff, that creature receives a second saving throw to end the effect before moving into peril. Captivated creatures can take no actions other than to defend themselves. A victim within 5 feet of the harpy simply stands and offers no resistance to the harpy's attacks. This effect continues for as long as the harpy sings and for 1 round thereafter. This is a sonic mind-affecting charm effect. The save DC is Charisma-based.

I have some problems with this text. First, it doesn't specify what type of action is needed to use the song. Should it be a standard to start and a swift to maintain, as the Bard's song?

Second, if you have to spend multiple rounds moving through hazards to reach the harpy, should it allow a save each round?

NamelessNPC
2011-04-13, 04:39 PM
1- I'd say yes. Positively sure on the "standard to initiate", the other one is common sense, but not exactly spelled out.

2-I'd also say yes.