PDA

View Full Version : Feedback on character concept.

druid91
2011-04-13, 08:31 PM
Well I've been working on the idea for a bleach D20 character for a while now.

The general Idea is a Paragon hollow that retains enough of his humanity to restrain himself upon finding a human with high spiritual power and offer them a choice to join a group. Indirectly of course.

And is basically forming a cult of spiritually strong humans who he "raises" to plus's and then hollows.

This cult would be well taken care of and outside hollows stepping into his cults territory would be brutally destroyed.

Shinigami would be at first hidden from then destroyed or negotiated with if amiable.

As for the character himself, I always imagined him as being horrifyingly charming.

Sacrieur
2011-04-13, 08:48 PM
So... An Arrancar? Or something near an Arrancar level. I mean the number 10 Arrancar wasn't all that strong even.

druid91
2011-04-13, 08:59 PM
So... An Arrancar? Or something near an Arrancar level. I mean the number 10 Arrancar wasn't all that strong even.

Not quite but extremely close, due to system mechanics, arrancar are not appropriate for low level characters.

Basically a hollow, as in the freaky looking monster things, who hasn't made the realization yet but still has enough thought left in them to run this thing... if only barely.

Sacrieur
2011-04-13, 09:35 PM
Not quite but extremely close, due to system mechanics, arrancar are not appropriate for low level characters.

Basically a hollow, as in the freaky looking monster things, who hasn't made the realization yet but still has enough thought left in them to run this thing... if only barely.

Human enough, yet human in appearance? You're describing A Vasto Lorde, but Vatso Lordes are not quite human in appearance, they're merely humanoid. I suppose you could have an exceptionally human Vasto Lorde, but your character must still have a mask, since Arrancars are Vasto Lordes who have torn off their masks.

Technically, a hollows gain a more and more human appearance the more their power to think. But it is unclear if this applies to only Arrancars or to Vasto Lordes as well.

druid91
2011-04-13, 09:51 PM
Human enough, yet human in appearance? You're describing A Vasto Lorde, but Vatso Lordes are not quite human in appearance, they're merely humanoid. I suppose you could have an exceptionally human Vasto Lorde, but your character must still have a mask, since Arrancars are Vasto Lordes who have torn off their masks.

Technically, a hollows gain a more and more human appearance the more their power to think. But it is unclear if this applies to only Arrancars or to Vasto Lordes as well.

Not human in appearance but in thought. You notice how most couldn't control their hunger to save their lives? He is curbing it for strategy.

A human trait that most hollows lose.

as for appearance I was thinking of making him vaguely draconic.

Sacrieur
2011-04-13, 09:59 PM
Not human in appearance but in thought. You notice how most couldn't control their hunger to save their lives? He is curbing it for strategy.

A human trait that most hollows lose.

as for appearance I was thinking of making him vaguely draconic.

Vasto Lorde works then.

druid91
2011-04-13, 10:06 PM
Vasto Lorde works then.

The problem with vasto lordes is that it's a class feature.

This is supposed to be a PC. not a BBEG.

I have to start off at level one.

obviously I won't start with all this but Will work towards it. but waiting for vasto lordes is a long wait.