PDA

View Full Version : Resources detailing Wild Magic

Popertop
2011-04-13, 09:21 PM
I'm looking into creating a sorcerer BBEG who will be the embodiment of chaos, most likely the chosen of a chaos deity.

His main shtick is making everything go haywire.

Where are all the resources on wild magic, or other things that could help this happen?

I've already done my searches, and come up with nil, I hope the more net savvy can save this concept.

Blood_caller
2011-04-13, 09:34 PM
well there is that one PRC in complete arcana, But personaly I use this one http://www.dnd-wiki.org/wiki/User:Wildmage/wildstuff

Popertop
2011-04-13, 09:55 PM
That's absolutely perfect for what I'm looking to do, thanks a lot.

Blood_caller
2011-04-14, 02:48 AM
no problem if you get any special episodes of epikness on the surge table plz share :)....

some of ours is:

Using Doctor tactick vs plot
Time sensitive plot line that the group is very tired of: I surge and rolls 82 -> 67:
In a sphere with a radius of 1D100 ft. (16) from the target of the intended spell times stops for 1D100 years (54), every one within or who enter under the duration is caught by the time stop and frozen in time until time starts again. This effect counts as being cast by a level 30 caster for purpose of trying to dispel. No save and No SR.
So we make other group deal with the plotline and go back to our charekters 54 years later :)

Beaver vs tree war
Im DM and one of the players have just taken the wild mage feat, standing out near a beaver dam he casts detect magic and surges: 89->55:
The nearest 2D6 Animals and 2D6 Trees are Awakened as spell of same name except they doesn’t change attitude towards caster and will begin a intern battle between the plant kingdom VS. the animal kingdom to the death.
now 8 beavers and 5 oak trees awaken and begin to battle the groups druid stops them and try to hear their cases but after 2 full sesions of deep and hard to keep a straight face roleplay, the druid just snaps and flamestrike the hell out of the trees. When asked why "it natures order that beavers kill trees, not the other way around... side note 2 charekter stayed for ½ a year helping the beavers set up a primitive sociaty and teach them to talk, fight and other stuf better not writen here (becaus the druid might read, and he does not know the true teaching of the warlock and the wilder :))

It worked... just not quiet as intendet

The Gnome Sorcerer cast speak with death on fallen enemy to get info, Surge: 88->49: Nearest death sentient being return as a ghost to hunt the location of it’s death.
and takes control of ghost thru other spell, forever claiming "I Worked, we got the info did we not"

Popertop
2011-04-24, 11:23 PM
Oh wow, that beaver and tree one is hilarious.

I think I'm going to enjoy playing a wild mage.