PDA

View Full Version : The Tarrasque and 4e

Christopher K.
2011-04-13, 10:27 PM
I haven't heard much from the Tarrasque in fourth edition. Aside from the MM1 entry, do any other entries about it exist?

DeltaEmil
2011-04-13, 10:29 PM
No. There are a few fan-made entries that have applied the new math and changed its attack routine somewhat, but there is so far no 'monster-vaulted' Tarrasque.

Lord Ascapelion
2011-04-15, 11:24 AM
There should be. The 4e Tarrasque is just weeeeak.

DeltaEmil
2011-04-15, 01:09 PM
Everything in the Monster Manual should be 'updated', but I don't think that's so high on WotC's priority list for now.

MeeposFire
2011-04-15, 01:37 PM
I think they did put out a general change to do on monster manual stuff and it included doubling or increasing by 50% all static damage and decreasing HP by 20% and possibly decreasing defenses if they are high. It was a sort of "this is what we did for the MM3 so feel free to do it on previous stuff".

evirus
2011-04-15, 01:40 PM
I think they did put out a general change to do on monster manual stuff and it included doubling or increasing by 50% all static damage and decreasing HP by 20% and possibly decreasing defenses if they are high. It was a sort of "this is what we did for the MM3 so feel free to do it on previous stuff".

Shame they didn't solve the other problems Solos in MM1 have.

RebelRogue
2011-04-15, 02:05 PM
Shame they didn't solve the other problems Solos in MM1 have.
Such as? :smallconfused: They've made sure that most solos have a way to get extra actions per round somehow and have some way of getting rid of status effects fast. Are there any remaining problems?

Erom
2011-04-15, 04:04 PM
Such as? :smallconfused: They've made sure that most solos have a way to get extra actions per round somehow and have some way of getting rid of status effects fast. Are there any remaining problems?
Nah, those two are the big ones. What he was saying is that they haven't gone back and fixed those two issues retroactively on the MM1 solos.

There are basically 4 things wrong with MM1:
1) Enemies too tough
2) Enemies not dangerous enough
3) No condition dumping mechanics on solos
4) To few actions per round on solos

The general math updates let you backport fixes for 1 and 2, but they haven't published official fixed for 3 and 4. At least not for everything. They have for some. Haven't they republished basically all the dragons at this point?

MeeposFire
2011-04-15, 04:51 PM
Close to it anyway which is good since those are the most iconic enemies in the game. I would like to see The Big T updated though.

If you want want a nasty replacement for it though you could reflavor the Dragon of Tyr from the Dark Sun Creature Compendium. From what I hear it is a nasty brute of a creature.

0Megabyte
2011-04-16, 12:29 AM
So, where are the new dragons and the changes made to them published?

DeltaEmil
2011-04-16, 12:59 AM
The new stats for most of the iconic chromatic dragons are published in Monster Vault.

The new expected damage chart for monsters has been published as part of the latest errata.