- Feel the Rush -

http://butterfly2.altervista.org/immi_varie_file/wakfu_file/sacrier.jpg

Game Rule Information

Alignment
Any non-lawful.

Hit Die
d12.

Class Skills
The sakrier’s class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Climb (Str), Craft (Int), Intimidate (Cha), Jump (Str), Listen (Wis), Ride (Dex), Survival (Wis), and Swim (Str).

Skill Points at 1st Level
(2 + Int modifier) × 4.

Skill Points at Each Additional Level
2 + Int modifier.

{table=head]Level|Base Attack Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|
Special|Action Points|Adept Level

1st|
+1|
+2|
+0|
+0|+2 Con, Sakrier Toughness|
2|

2nd|
+2|
+3|
+0|
+0|Steadfast Determination|
2|

3rd|
+3|
+3|
+1|
+1|+1 Con|
2|

4th|
+4|
+4|
+1|
+1|Great Fortitude|
3|

5th|
+5|
+4|
+1|
+1|+1 Con|
3|

6th|
+6/+1|
+5|
+2|
+2||
3|

7th|
+7/+2|
+5|
+2|
+2|+1 Con|
4|

8th|
+8/+3|
+6|
+2|
+2|Tenacious|
4|

9th|
+9/+4|
+6|
+3|
+3|+1 Con|
4|

10th|
+10/+5|
+7|
+3|
+3|Incredible Fortitude|
5|

11th|
+11/+6/+1|
+7|
+3|
+3|+1 Con|
5|

12th|
+12/+7/+2|
+8|
+4|
+4||
5|

13th|
+13/+8/+3|
+8|
+4|
+4|+1 Con|
6|

14th|
+14/+9/+4|
+9|
+4|
+4||
6|

15th|
+15/+10/+5|
+9|
+5|
+5|+1 Con|
6|

16th|
+16/+11/+6/+1|
+10|
+5|
+5|Deathless|
7|

17th|
+17/+12/+7/+2|
+10|
+5|
+5|+1 Con|
7|

18th|
+18/+13/+8/+3|
+11|
+6|
+6||
7|

19th|
+19/+14/+9/+4|
+11|
+6|
+6|+1 Con|
8|

20th|
+20/+15/+10/+5|
+12|
+6|
+6|Surpassing Limits|
9|
8[/table]

Class Features
All of the following are class features of the sakrier.

Weapon and Armor Proficiency
Sakriers are proficient with all simple weapons. They are not proficient with any armors or shields.

Sakrier Toughness (Ex)
Starting at 1st level, the sakrier gains twice as many hit points as he currently has. First level hit points are calculated normally, then that amount is doubled. These hit points are permanent. This ability only applies at first character level. Characters who multiclass in sakrier do not gain this benefit.

Ability Increase (Ex)
At 1st level, the sakrier gains a +2 permanent Con bonus. This bonus stacks with all other ability bonuses. Every two levels thereafter, the sakrier gains a +1 permanent increase to Con.

Action Points (Ex)
The sakrier receives a number of action points equal to 1 + 1/adept level. Action points are regenerated at the start of every turn.

Steadfast Determination
At 2nd level, the sakrier gains the feat Steadfast Determination, even if he does not meet the requirements for it. If Steadfast Determination has already been taken, a different feat may be taken in its place. The sakrier must still meet all prerequisites for this bonus feat, including ability score and base attack bonus minimums.

Great Fortitude
At 4th level, the sakrier gains the feat Great Fortitude, even if he does not meet the requirements for it. If Great Fortitude has already been taken, a different feat may be taken in its place. The sakrier must still meet all prerequisites for this bonus feat, including ability score and base attack bonus minimums.

Tenacious (Ex)
At 8th level, the sakrier becomes immune to dying from massive damage or any other instantaneousness killing effects (such as Power Word Kill).

Incredible Fortitude (Ex)
At 10th level, the sakrier gains the ability to add twice his Con modifier to all hit die rolls. this is retroactive for sakrier levels only.

Deathless (Ex)
At 16th level, the sakrier will not die until his hit points are reduced to 10 + 10 × [Con modifer] below 0. If his hit points are reduced to below -15, he falls unconscious.

Surpassing Limits (Ex)
At 20th level, the sakrier no longer becomes disabled nce reduced below 0 hit points; additionally, he no longer falls unconscious after -15 hit points.

Techniques

Name:
Level:
Range:
AP Cost:

Effect

Name: Attraction
Range: 45 ft. + 5 ft./adept level
AP Cost: 3
Saving Throw: Yes, Will
Duration: Immediate

Effect
A single targeted creature moves up to 10 ft. + 5 ft./adept level towards the user. A creature affected by this ability may not exceed his movement speed, the total distanced moved is subtracted from the creatures next turn. If the creature moves its base speed, it is counted as if it has moved, and thus may only make a single standard action.

Name:
Range:
AP Cost:
Saving Throw:
Duration:

Effect

Name: Forced Punishment
Range: Self
AP Cost: 2
Saving Throw: No
Duration: 30 seconds

Effect
The sakrier takes 1 +1/adept level additional damage per successful attack on him. For every 10 hit points of damage taken, a sakrier receives a +1 bonus to strength +1/adept level. This bonus stacks with all other bonuses to ability scores. He may only receive a maximum bonus of this type up to 6 +2/adept level.

Special
Bonuses gained from this technique do not stack with itself.

Name: Sakrier's Foot
Range: 5 ft.
AP Cost: 3
Saving Throw: Yes, Reflex
Duration: 18 seconds

Effect
The sakrier makes a single melee attack at his highest base attack bonus as a standard action with a kick. This deals 2d6 +2/adept level lethal damage. The target must make reflex save. If the target fails the save, the creature takes temporary ability score damage to dexterity equal to 1 + the sakrier's adept level for 18 seconds. The sakrier gains a bonus to dexterity equal to the same amount lost by the target creature. After 18 seconds, the effect is ended, and ability points return to normal.

Name: Evasion
Range: Self
AP Cost: 2
Saving Throw: No
Duration: Instantaneous

Effect
As an immediate action, the sakrier may take a 5 foot step away from a creature targeting him with a melee or touch attack. The creature automatically fails the attack. If the creature attacking scores a critical hit, it is treated as a normal attack, and attack dice are rolled as normal.

Sacrieur
2011-04-14, 12:50 AM
Yes, this is more or less adaption of the Sacrier to d20. More techniques later. He'll have all of the abilities listed here (http://dofuswiki.wikia.com/wiki/Sacrier) when finished. Won't be long, there aren't too many. I just need to get to bed.

In any case, I haven't yet explained it, but you can tell by the above I'm using an AP system that attempts to do away with the book keeping problem with casters and ToB classes. AP are regenerated at the start of every turn, and you can use any technique provided you have the AP for it. Extra AP will be rewarded for a higher Wis score. This may eliminate Wis as a dump stat it probably was previously due to Steadfast Determination.

Hopefully, when all is said and done, I will have created adapted a respectable tier 3 class.

Kuma Kode
2011-04-14, 02:09 AM
Sakrier Toughness (Ex)
Starting at 1st level, the sakrier gains twice as many hit points as he currently has. First level hit points are calculated normally, then that amount is doubled. These hit points are permanent.

GRRK.

I assume you didn't consider the effects this would have if a barbarian or fighter multi-classed into this? I can see this being a popular dip for fighters and barbarians into their double-digit levels. I highly suggest you change this. Perhaps just change it to grant a scaling boost dependent on class level?

That, combined with the permanent boost to Con, makes this a brokenly dippable class for melee.

Sacrieur
2011-04-14, 02:36 AM
GRRK.

I assume you didn't consider the effects this would have if a barbarian or fighter multi-classed into this? I can see this being a popular dip for fighters and barbarians into their double-digit levels. I highly suggest you change this. Perhaps just change it to grant a scaling boost dependent on class level?

That, combined with the permanent boost to Con, makes this a brokenly dippable class for melee.

I should clarify that this is at first character level, and not first class level. That would fix the issue. The feature was added to give sakriers an unnatural boost to their HP at first level. Especially since your fighter friend is wearing full plate armor and using a heavy shield, easily boosting his AC over 20 with 12 or so HP. While you, who are not able to wear armor (to add later) won't be stuck with a measily 16 HP and no armor. Instead you'll be awesome with 32 HP and abilities that give you bonuses for getting hit =D.

---

Even if it did, it wouldn't necessarily be broken compared to the plight of any tier 1 and 2 class, where a +2 permanent bonus to an ability score is something to sneeze at. Especially with classes like Abjurant Champion giving you massive bonuses to Abjuration spells without any penalty.

Tacitus
2011-04-14, 03:39 AM
Dragonborn Mongrelfolk Sakrier, assuming a 16 in Constitution before Racials and class.

24 Constitution, so thats 19hp, take Toughness three times using Flaws, and suddenly you have 56hp at first level.

This is, of course, an extreme case, but I could see that being fairly ridiculous.

Goonthegoof
2011-04-14, 03:53 AM
If hit points were non bypassable like they are in video games it would be ridiculous. As it is it's something that makes the class unique, and it's not like heaps of hit points is an overpowered class feature.

Ziegander
2011-04-14, 03:54 AM
Dragonborn Mongrelfolk Sakrier, assuming a 16 in Constitution before Racials and class.

24 Constitution, so thats 19hp, take Toughness three times using Flaws, and suddenly you have 56hp at first level.

This is, of course, an extreme case, but I could see that being fairly ridiculous.

How is that ridiculous? Other than ridiculously stupid, that is.

You've taken flaws, stuff like -3 to ranged attack rolls and -2 to Reflex saves, in order to take Toughness, not just once (which would be unforgivable by itself), but three times.

Sure, you're almost never going to be in danger of dying from hit point damage, but who really cares? You don't do ANYTHING. (Oh, and a Raging Half-Orc Barbarian that crits with a Greataxe will always ruin your day - 1d12+10 x 3 is still an average of 49.5.)

Sacrieur
2011-04-14, 09:27 AM
How is that ridiculous? Other than ridiculously stupid, that is.

You've taken flaws, stuff like -3 to ranged attack rolls and -2 to Reflex saves, in order to take Toughness, not just once (which would be unforgivable by itself), but three times.

Sure, you're almost never going to be in danger of dying from hit point damage, but who really cares? You don't do ANYTHING. (Oh, and a Raging Half-Orc Barbarian that crits with a Greataxe will always ruin your day - 1d12+10 x 3 is still an average of 49.5.)

That said, I did think about including damage reduction, but still counting it for sakrier class abilities. Those AP skills are awesome, and there will be immediate "counter" actions that are pretty lethal, like taking damage for a nearby friend... Or stealing health/Dex from enemies.