PDA

View Full Version : How can I pull this off [3.5]?

subject42
2011-04-14, 09:43 AM
I've been asked to build a character for a friend who is sitting in on a campaign, and I'd like to accomplish the following:

I'd like to make a character with the leadership feat that has an army of fire breathing cats at his command. Each round, I'd like each of them to breathe fire as a readied action as the PC pulls the cat out of extradimensional storage before returning them.

If we break this down, it's all easy but one thing.

1) Personal Army == Leadership.
2) Fire breathing cats == Tibbet Dragonfire adepts.
3) Wrecking the action economy with cat quickdraw == ???

I've looked at the handy haversack, but so far as I can tell, I can't get around the move action restriction.

Gloves of storing would work, but I could only hold ~2 cats per glove.

Any ideas on how to get around this?

Telonius
2011-04-14, 09:53 AM
Seems fairly simple to me - just use a mix of Commoners and tibbits for the followers, and make sure the commoners all have Quick Draw. Bonus if they're all female, married to the character, and live near St. Ives.

There's also a spell (can't remember the source) that gives you multiple Unseen Servants. As long as the cats are less than 20 pounds, they could retrieve them from the sacks.

Curmudgeon
2011-04-14, 10:53 AM
Gloves of storing would work, but I could only hold ~2 cats per glove.

Glove of Storing

This device is a simple leather glove. On command, one item held in the hand wearing the glove disappears. The item can weigh no more than 20 pounds and must be able to be held in one hand. ... A glove can only store one item at a time.
From Magic Item Compendium on page 218:

Some body slots are described as a matched pair of body parts (such as arms, feet, or hands). If an item uses one of these body slots, it takes up both "halves" of the body slot even if worn on only one of the pair. For example, a glove of storing takes up the entire hands body slot, even though it's only one glove. You can use (at most) one Glove of Storing, holding (at most) one item.

Darrin
2011-04-14, 01:32 PM
3) Wrecking the action economy with cat quickdraw == ???

Hmm... I'd try looking at smoky confinement (Complete Mage p. 117) and then some variation on Quickdraw, Least Crystals of Return (attached to masterwork grenade-like flasks), and/or a Masterwork Potion Belt.

Kimono of Storing (Oriental Adventures) can store up to two items, but costs 20000 GP. Tempo Bloodspike can get you an extra move action. Otherwise, unseen servant + drop bag of glass flasks or servant horde might work.

Particle_Man
2011-04-15, 10:34 AM
You don't need quickdraw, you need either bluff or sleight of hand to make it look like you are drawing tibbits out of an interdimensional bag when they are actually using their own actions to climb/crawl/leap out of the bag (they are NPCs with their own standard and move actions). Just don't keep them in the bag too long, unless they have a means of living without breathing.

Kylarra
2011-04-15, 10:42 AM
It's not a solution to breaking the action economy, but you could just take the fiery burst reserve feat and fluff it to look like a cat appearing and spitting fire.

dextercorvia
2011-04-15, 10:48 AM
You could draw four of them per round with a Hustle linked to Hustle plus your usual Move and Standard actions. They can climb back in themselves.

nedz
2011-04-15, 01:21 PM
You could just build a summoner, and summon however many you can each round.