PDA

View Full Version : [PF] Eidolon questions, and then some

DonDuckie
2011-04-14, 11:17 AM
I've looked around for this but couldn't anything definitive.
I've read Saph's summoner handbook - good stuff.

1) Does a quadroped with the large evolution use a large manufactured weapon?
2) Does it have 10ft reach with a large greatsword, in spite of not having the natural reach?

3) Can a mount with the pounce evolution perform a full attack at the end of a charge, along with the attack of the rider?

4) similar to 3); can it attack (or full attack) in a ride-by-attack?

5) An exsample build in the handbook mentions the reach evolution used on a weapon attack - is this legal? (I have no argument why it isn't).

6) Does a large reach weapon have 10, 15, or 20ft reach? or is always the creatures reach? and how wide is the zone where a larger than medium creature with a reach weapon can't hit you?

thanks in advance.

Infernalbargain
2011-04-14, 12:34 PM
1) yes
2) no
3) yes
4) I'm fairly confident "attack as if with a standard charge". Pounce modifies your standard charge so it should work.
5) Yeah, technically it works because the evo doesn't specify natural attack, but that's likely not going to fly in many games.
6) http://www.d20pfsrd.com/gamemastering/combat/space-reach-threatened-area-templates

DonDuckie
2011-04-14, 01:53 PM
Thanks, those threaten-areas are very helpful. They really show why i should consider Biped :)

On a side note: I really think a longer stick should give a longer beat-range.

Mojo_Rat
2011-04-14, 02:16 PM
if your using charge with a lance if your eidolon does not have reach it will not get to pounce. since the charge stops when the lance hits.

I do not believe a manufactured weapon is a valid choice for the reach evolution. the context of the evolutions it is clear it referring to a natural attack.

that said I have no issue with the reach evolution applying to claws and any weapon held I'n those hands benefitting from reach.

CTrees
2011-04-14, 02:59 PM
if your using charge with a lance if your eidolon does not have reach it will not get to pounce. since the charge stops when the lance hits.

Hrm, what about with a lance, Ride-by Attack, and pounce but no reach? The charge then doesn't stop when the lance hits, in that case...

Mojo_Rat
2011-04-14, 10:43 PM
when you charge with a lance the lance hits and you veer slighky and continue on past. you don't charge hiy with the lance move 5 feet forward do your mount can attack then ride by. first dork like that.

in think it works fine with a sword. though some posts on the piazo forums when I first looked it up a few months ago suggested your mount cannot attack with ride bye. I really am not sure howvthe raw stand.

just saying I'm positive to do with a lance your mount needs reach or it can't well reach the target.