PDA

View Full Version : Trying Something New (IC)

Pages : [1] 2

Dirac Lotus
2011-04-14, 12:10 PM
You are all sitting in the plush, crimson sitting room. Numerous sofas, chair and cushions lie scattered around - so much so that you can barely see the floor. Kelvan, the old Gnome that led you in, speaks: Ah! This means we are all here. Good good. I will go and fetch my master, then he can tell you more about what is going on. Why don't you use this oppurtunity to introduce yourselves? I won't be gone long...

With that, he makes his way out the room via a nearby doorway. Brushing aside the sparkling beads that form a curtain where the door should be, he bows to you before dissappearing out of sight.

EdroGrimshell
2011-04-14, 01:10 PM
Nerra sits at the far end of the room, away from the others in the room, though not so far to not be able to hear them. Her crawling gauntlet pulled away from her hand, her restless armor concealed under normal clothing, and her hair hiding her blue eye, she looked like an average human, albeit an albino human. She didn't want to be first to introduce herself, and didn't want to be last either, that'd put the spotlight on her, something she was uncomfortable with.

It was obvious that she was an archer if the two quivers and bow strapped across her back were any indication, one holding brown fletched arrows and a bow, the other holding black, white, and grey fletched arrows. Her attentiveness and gaze that darted from one person to the next made her seem agitated while her slightly quivering form made it even more obvious she was nervous rather than agitated.

Once a few members spoke, she quietly speaks up, "A-ano," ducking her head when everyone turns to look at her, "I'm Nerra, pleased to meet you," she says quickly, standing and giving a slight bow before sitting back down to wait for the rest to introduce themselves, a light blush gracing her cheeks.

Ano = The Japanese equivalent to 'Um'.

RunicLGB
2011-04-14, 01:29 PM
Nosanus, sits on a small patch of ground, wedged between two pillows but atop neither. His cross-legged stance and hunched position make it difficult to see much of his body, but the others can still see that he wears armor, and they can just spot outlines of where a second pair of arms extends from under each of his natural limbs. From behind layers of matted black hair his small grey eyes flit about from face to face to face, each pause showing a hint of recognition. When the eyes of all the others turn to him, he straightens, slightly puffing out his chest. He digs deep into his memories of the few times his tribe dealt with humans, and says in low guttural voice,"Nosanus...Nosanus is here...for you." Having said that, he averts his eyes to the bead curtain, awaiting the mysterious master.

big teej
2011-04-14, 02:09 PM
I hate introductions.... Marc thinks to himself, subconciously flicking his spines in and out.

Marc looks around at the gathered individuals and stands up from the couch he was sitting on. the designs on his armor are clear to see, as well as the mark of his blood, the spines that sprout from the backs of his arms, legs, and back. his mace hangs from a loop on his belt.

"I am Marc Thornbrood, smithy of the Thornbrood family.

Marc sits back down, determined not to reveal more information than he has too until he learns more.

BluesEclipse
2011-04-14, 02:33 PM
Rowen leans against the wall, one hand slipping inside his coat to grasp one of the razor-thin rings there. His golden eyes shift over each of the others in the room - the soft-spoken girl, Nerra... the many-armed Nosanus... the spined smith, Marc - and the unnamed elf. Seeing their gazes upon him, he shifts his gaze back towards the curtain, and speaks.

"Rowen Lazul, proprietor of the Lazul Lexicon... this is certainly an... interesting gathering."

Sighing, Rowen pulls his hand away from the annulat tucked into his coat, muttering to himself, "They don't seem to know what's going on... but I don't trust that gnome... or this master of his..."

tuesdayscoming
2011-04-14, 03:21 PM
Elaren's appearance on entering was somewhat offputting; though smiling broadly at those around her, her violet eyes released a flood of unbidden, out of place tears.

Noting the impending need for social niceties, she had summoned forth the energies to expel her beloved Focalor, unfurled a large scroll of black parchment, and crouched on the floor in the center of the room, where she had sat since, calling forth a new vestige.

Her pact with Naberius having now been made, she stands and wipes the last of the tears from her eyes.

"Quite right, Sir Rowen, an interesting gathering, indeed! Such curious dreams I find before me." Her voice is strange, due to the unrepressed influence of the smiling hound: hard and gravelly, yet somehow compelling, even melodic. "Curious," she continued, smiling towards Nerra, "and lovely."

"But how rude of me!" She bows with a flourish, her silver hair touching the floor. "You may know me as Elaren Elta'ir, Chosen Speaker of the Sign of the One."

She stands from her bow, smiling to each of the charming dreams in turn. "And now, our meetings complete, let us learn for what purpose we have been here drawn."

She strides gracefully towards the shy Nerra, and sits smiling beside her, hands folded in her lap.

Dirac Lotus
2011-04-14, 03:56 PM
Little after Elaren sits down, the rest of you are drawn towards a peculiar growling sound coming from behind the beaded curtain. A pudgy hand then shoots through the curtain, drawing aside the beads with clumsy elegance. Emerging from behind the curtain, is a foul, two headed warty creature. It stands nearly 10 feet tall, and walks with a severe hunchback, probably in order to not bang his heads on the doorframe and ceiling.

As it fully makes its way through the curtain, you note two large, spiked clubs strapped to his bulging waist. All 4 eyes glance around the room, taking in the luschious surroundings with an admiring glance.

Almost immediatly after its entrance, a soft purring voice of a lively woman echoes from behind the curtain. "You must be my 'adventurers'! I am pleased you all made it here safely, and I trust you had a pleasant journey. She then emerges from behind the curtain - you note how she seemingly passes through the beads without disturbing them.

Although she appears to be quite young (probably in her mid twenties), she exudes an aura of extreme confidence and Wisdom. Her Raven black hair is cropped short just above her shoulders, and her hawk-like features regard you with curiousity and admiration. The many fine, shiny items of jewellery adorning her body jingle as she walks towards the center of the room to address you all.

"Now, I know you all have questions; and I will do my best to answer them for you very soon - just as soon as I..." She trails off for a second, lost in thought "'Kelvan! Fetch our visitors some herbal tea would you?'" Sorry about him, he is a rather peculiar individual - very scatterbrained. But enough of him; what if I were to tell you that the multiverse was part of something greater, perhaps it is merely a plane in some much greater ultraverse. Or maybe I told you that it was created by a bunch of estranged scholars in the Far Realm, as part of a game? Well, you would probably call me barmy and cart me off to the Hardheads. But hear me out: as a precuror of some of the more, intricate artifacts, I came across what looks like a key - yet it had some of the most peculiar engravings. Curious, I decided to do a little research - little did I know that what I held was a key to a vault, a vault that has been around since the beginning of time. That, my dear adventurers, is why I need you."

"I have assembled you all, due to your, let's say - unique - abilities. Needless to say, I feel that together you could tackle most challenges you encounter. You each also have some form of expertise or past history that I feel could come in quite handy. I myself do not know what you will face, but know that the information, and potential artefacts, gleaned from such a journey will be worth much. So very, very much..."

At this point, Kelvan strides into the room with a tray - cluttered atop it are a series of gold-trimmed porcelain cups filled with some form of sweet smelling tea. He offers you each one. "Questions?" Inquires the woman=.

tuesdayscoming
2011-04-14, 05:32 PM
Elaren nods politely to Kelvan, taking the tea he offers and sipping it delicately.

"First, my lady, allow me to extend thanks for your generous hospitality. I must confess, however, that I am a bit taken aback by your proposal. As you seem to know each of us well enough, surely you are aware that my duties within the Signers occupy a great deal of my time. These are responsibilities that I fear I cannot shirk."

She pauses, sipping again at her tea. What wonders within this city! She had passed by this house many a time, each time feeling it calling to her, and each time she had resisted. Weeks of this! And yet today, when finally she could not resist the urge, it seemed as if the others had only just arrived, rather than waiting endlessly for her. She is deeply intrigued, but wary as to the motivations of their host.

"Perhaps we could come to some greater understanding if you were to provide a bit more detail. For instance, madame as to your name, and as to your occupation within the City of Doors?"

Rushed diplomacy check without penalty, take 10 (Naberius's 'Silver Tongue')

10+12=22

RunicLGB
2011-04-14, 05:40 PM
I leap to my feet and bare my claws at the Ettin as it lumbers into the room, ready for it to make a move. As the woman appears through the doorway and takes command of the situation I retract, slightly. Listening to her words and can tell as she finishes that she is motivated by greed. My thoughts swirl as I consider that this is what the Great Beast has sent me to find. I relax my posture further, in a slight attempt to appear civil.

One whiff of the tea has my parched throat begging, but I restrain myself, still unsure of this situation. I hold the cup tenderly and lightly, like something that might catch flame at any moment. After her request for questions I say "What does this have to do with the Great Spirit Beast?"

Then looking around to the people I have been sent here to meet I see their reactions to the offered drink. If they partake in confidence, I too will down the contents of my cup.

EdroGrimshell
2011-04-14, 05:50 PM
Nerra shies away from Elaren slightly, but literally falls out of her chair when the ettin enters the room, "Itai," she groans out, rubbing her bumped head, then sits up, slowly, looking over at the giant, once she recollects her wits she resettles the chair and stands arms crossed to hide their shaking, she declines the offered tea and remaining quiet. She didn't like talking, and even more so with questions, she prefered to read.

She listens to the other's questions and hopes they ask those she might have, and ones she may not have but may need to know.

Itai = 'that hurt' or 'ouch' in Japanese

big teej
2011-04-14, 06:19 PM
with more self control than he knew he possessed, Marc forced his spines to lay down and his voice to remain (mostly) even when the ettin entered the room, and again with the tea.

"more sugar please" he says to the ettin quietly, observing the conversation.

-internal monlouge-
"...surely I must be dreaming... a two headed giant is serving me tea!.... and I asked it for more sugar!!! who are these people? why are they all so calm? good grief the city curls up into the SKY!
calm...
don't start rattling your spines.
calm.
just sit tight and wait it out.... learn more before you ask questions...
pray to the sweet lady that you're still asleep at home....
failing that...
maybe there's a good bookstore nearby.

these people are crazy!
no
books
think.
books.

why did this woman pick me?

BluesEclipse
2011-04-14, 06:33 PM
Watching the elf, Elaren, move to sit near the girl Nerra, I allow a small smile to grace my lips at Nerra's reaction - the timid girl, to me at least, seems to hold an air of innocence that is rare even on my own plane, let alone in Sigil. Hearing the curtain shift, I wince sympathetically as she falls, and mentally note her prediliction towards the Elven language before turning to the curtain.

I raise an eyebrow as the larger creature enters the room, before shifting my gaze to the woman. Listening patiently as she speaks, and glancing at the others to see how they react, I blink, before snorting derisively at the theories she offers. The entire multiverse, merely some form of gameboard? Pah.

As she concludes, I wait as first the elf, Elaren, asks her questions, followed by Nosanus.

"Indeed," I say, giving barely a dismissive glance at the offered cup, "you seem quite familiar with us all. And to ask us to perform such a task for you without so much as giving your name..." I close my eyes and shake my head slightly, to emphasize my disappointment with our host. "And this idea of yours... you're saying that you believe that all the planes, all the multiverse, is merely one of a greater amalgam? Based on the key to a planar vault that you've never even set foot in yourself?" Sighing, I look at each of the others, even as I continue, "Given the circumstances, I find it hard to justify remaining at all. But I'm interested in hearing your explanations, particularly regarding just who you are, and how you know so much about us. And if this is legitimately something where my skills are needed... well, once you've answered our questions satisfactorily, we can discuss what each of us will get from this venture."

My gaze rests on Nerra for a few moments, before I turn back to the raven haired woman, and add, "Also, I'd like to ask you to have your... friend..." I nod curtly at the ettin, "step out of the room? Even if it just remains behind the curtain, it's... distracting, if nothing else."

Dirac Lotus
2011-04-15, 01:53 AM
The woman smiles delicately for a moment, taking in your questions - until a look of shock wracks her face. "Oh dear me! I am Lassandra of the Fated, my sincere apologies, I forgot pleasentaries in the heat of excitement." She seems to mentally reprimand herself for a moment, before continuing ""Kurt, leave the room." She gestures towards the ettin to leave; it bows (whether from manners or so as to not bang his head on the doorframe is unclear) and strides out of the room.

"I must confess, I was not expected any of you to be quite so outstanding. You see; I, like you, was draw to this house. Although it was years ago now, I slowly plumbed its depths - unravelling its mysteries and seizing its secrets. This house here, this is where I found the key. It is also where I found the tablet - a tablet engraved with the figures of five mighty heroes, each clutching the key I had found, the entire multiverse spinning in the background. All I did was wait, wait until the date written on the engraving - that is, todays date. You found your own ways here, I merely provided the means.

"I do apologise Rowen for actively seeking you out, I had to ensure that you came, due to your firm grasp of language - it is my hopes that you can read whatever you find. And I do confess to doing a little digging into each of you, not too much mind - I had to know whether or not you were real. Well, lets say I got more than I expected.

"And Elaran, I am not saying for sure anything about the multiverse, merely giving possibilities - but imagine if you were able to know for certain! That is surely a worthy cause, if only for the save of furthering our knowledge of the planes, history and the divine?"

"And whilst I have not personally set foot within the vault, Kelvan has scryed it - and used many other means of magic to ensure me of its existance. I would certainly not go to so much trouble to wait for you, if there was a good chance of this being a wild goose chase now, would I?"

RunicLGB
2011-04-15, 02:08 AM
I grunt in response to her explanation, but begrudingly accept it. Certainly if the spirit could send me here and gather these people, it could make this woman its pawn as well. Or more its voice.

Believing this woman, this Lassandra, to be of no further use to me I instead consider thos four who I am now bound to. I examine them intently, as a predator might watch its prey.

Quitely, below my breath, a simple utterance in escapes my lips in the natural tongue of what once were my people.

Sylvan:
So this must be my new tribe?

big teej
2011-04-15, 02:32 AM
feeling exceedingly uncomfortable at either the apparent lack of information, or perhaps simply avoidance.

Marc speaks up, flicking his spines in and out a few times as he martials his thoughts.

"forgive my confusion... but what is it that makes this... 'vault' so important? a picture and all is well and good, but... what do we think is in it to require the combined efforts of such a... Marc's eyes dart around the room. varied skillset?

Dirac Lotus
2011-04-15, 02:54 AM
Lassandra takes a sip of her tea before continuing: Whilst I cannot say for sure what lies within it, it is safe to assume that whatever it is must have been able to withstand regular intrusion. Thus whatever method is required to unlock its secrets, must involve the combined efforts of a highly selective, unique group. Else there would be nothing left now, aye? This key has been passed around for as far back as the history books go, each possessor attempting to raid the vault, each possessor failing. But now - things will change, you are as was prophisized.

And Elaren, fear not. I am highly respected within my Factions doors, I will see to it that you will be able to return to your post, as though nothing had happened. I will pull whatever strings I need to, my concern is only for this vault.

/OOC
Everyone who wants, make a sense motive check.

tuesdayscoming
2011-04-15, 03:24 AM
Sense Motive: [roll0]

RunicLGB
2011-04-15, 03:30 AM

big teej
2011-04-15, 03:44 AM
[OOC: curse my combat focused soulmelds :smallcool:]

[roll0]

BluesEclipse
2011-04-15, 07:40 AM

big teej
2011-04-15, 10:46 AM
sensing something amiss, Marc speaks up again as his spines start to twitch softly.

"tell me lady, how long have you persued this ... vault? and what leads you to believe that we are your chosen heroes?"

Dirac Lotus
2011-04-15, 11:28 AM
She looks taken aback by your question, as though pondering what exactly to give. Taking another sip of tea, she begins to speak:

Well, the tablet of course. That is what leads me to believe you are the ones for this task. As for how long I have pursued this, it must be several years now. Ever since I moved in and found the key.

Thoughtfully, she finished off her cup and wipes her mouth. As she stands up, a look of horror crosses her face; her throat swells to an enormous size, and her face breaks out in hives. Gasping for air, she frantically clutches at her throat before collapsing to the ground...

EdroGrimshell
2011-04-15, 11:41 AM
Shouting in a much stronger voice than she's displayed yet, "Hold it," pulling the bow and a brown fletched arrow she charges through the bead curtain in pursuit of a figure that had caught her attention, letting the arrow fly once she got a clear shot.

If no target presents itself:
"Kuso," she mutters, returning to the room and taking a kneeling position next to the lady, hoping to give some kind of first aid despite not having any formal training in healing of any kind, "Anyone any good at first aid or treating poisons?"

Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Kuso = Japanese for "Damn" or a slightly stronger curse

BluesEclipse
2011-04-15, 11:49 AM
As Lassandra collapses, I curse under my breath, and look around the room, seeking out the gnome that brought us here. While looking, I say, "Damnit... can any of you help her?"

Dirac Lotus
2011-04-15, 11:52 AM
Edro:
Looking around outside the curtain, you do not see any expected shadowy figure. Instead, you note the presence of the large - two headed creature from before. He has both clubs drawn and held to his side - but he does not advance towards you.

/ooc Do you want to shoot it with that roll?

tuesdayscoming
2011-04-15, 12:13 PM
Elaren had sat silently, lost in thought since, the lady had begun rendering explanations.

Thoughts: It all made a strange sort of sense, really. She had wandered so long, finally arriving in the city that was the center of all things. And only to discover that in reality, it was she herself that was the hub: endless dreams that, through their own dreamings, spin a web of infinite, wondrous imaginings.

And now this lady speaks of a greater dream... One with the power to either affirm or deny everything that Elaren believed. If there was truly such a key, then its use could unlock countless branches of untapped knowledge, perhaps even proving objectively that to dream was to create...

And perhaps... perhaps beyond this multiverse she would be able to find him...

She snapsout of her meditations. Perhaps it was the clicking of the smithy's spines that did the trick, or perhaps it was something in his voice, bringing her back.

She looks up just in time to see the lady fall. Elaren stands abruptly, sending the still full glass of tea shattering on the floor. Her fists are tightly balled and she bears a look of what can only be described as horrified despair.

Not knowing what else to do, but knowing that she cannot allow the lady (and the secrets she holds) to fade out, she shouts "K- Kelvan!"

RunicLGB
2011-04-15, 12:59 PM
As the woman collapses, Nosanus immediately glances around at the various cups they had all, himself included, drank from. He curses his foolishes and tosses the cup aside, while crouching, ready for what comes next.

When the formerly shy girl Nerra displays a sudden burst of bravery and action, Nosanus knows what to do. He charges through the beads after the girl, working himself up to unleash a primal fury if the assassin comes into sight, though he stays behind the archer for now, lest he block her shot.

If no assailent is seen:
As Nerra turns to return to aid the fallen woman, Nosanus growls loudly and points with his two right arms, indiicating that they should track down the assailent. The only thought keeping him from going alone is to remember that there is still an Ettin somewhere in this house, the very ettin that served the deadly tea, and such a creature would be a difficult kill witout at least some aid.

Dirac Lotus
2011-04-15, 01:08 PM
Runic and Edro:
As Nerra turns to head back into the room, Nosanus emerges through the beads. The ettin that is standing in the corridor, startled by the cries coming from the other room - looks startled and begins to run towards you weapons drawn, both heads uttering a cry of "Sandra!" in unison.

Edro Only:Sense Motive [Success]: You note how the Ettin seems to be ignoring you, instead focused on whatever is going on in the other room, however you are still in its way - and it looks visibly upset.

Initiative (If you want it):

Nerra - 17
Nosanus - 16
Ettin - 5

EdroGrimshell
2011-04-15, 01:27 PM
"Into the room before he tramples us," she says quickly, her already being on her way to help the lady she calls back to the ettin, "we need a potion that neutralizes poison, NOW or she'll die," she hoped that would get through to at least one of the heads on the thing, hopefully this would at least get the ettin to not try to crush them in a blind rage at seeing the woman's prone form. The normally shy girl was able to pitch her voice in just the right way to make her sound more confident than she really was, inside she was a bottle of nerves waiting for the adrenaline to fade to burst out.

BluesEclipse
2011-04-15, 01:40 PM
Cursing, I kneel beside Lassandra, searching my memory for any first-aid knowledge that might help. Gathering my thoughts, I begin working, using what little knowledge I've accumulated to try and help her overcome the poison.

Heal Check(Untrained) - Treat Poison
[roll0]

EdroGrimshell
2011-04-15, 01:53 PM
Nerra kneels by the woman and takes her time, running through what her father had said about poisons and how to extract them. Venom, sap the poison, not able to be done. Poison, clear the skin with weak acid and scrup it, not that kind of poison. Toxic gas, not the case or they'd all be affected. Leaving toxin, ingested, needs to be thrown up. Then again, with a swolen throat that option was cut off, possibly an allergy not a poison. Damn, she was mixing together diagnosis with conjecture, time to do something, she set to work on clearing the womans throat, pulling a box from her pack she extracts cold water and starts to poor it lightly over the womans throat to cool it and reduce the swelling, hopefully, then does what she can to clear the toxins from her system.

Heal Check: [roll0]

big teej
2011-04-15, 02:26 PM
Surging too his feet, Marc's spines spring straight out, ready and deadly. the greenish torc around his neck glinting menacingly as he looks around the room for an unseen assailaint, readying his weapons.

[OOC: swap essentia from lucky dice to Dissolving spittle - spittle now deals 2d6 acid damage, lucky dice now only last 1 round. I draw my heavy mace.]

tuesdayscoming
2011-04-15, 03:13 PM
Her clenched fists tightening, the pain of her nails digging into her palms finally snaps Elaren out of her daze. She bounds back out through the door she entered originally, and begins calling out frantically for a cleric.

If someone responds within a minute, she explains: "there's a poisoned woman dying, we need your aid. You will be rewarded well" and leads him to the house. If no one responds in this time, she searches windows of any nearby buildings, hoping to find something resembling an apothecary.

rushed diplomacy, no penalty, take 10 (Silver Tongue) 22

Dirac Lotus
2011-04-15, 04:33 PM
Despite your best efforts, Lassandra slips into unconciousness. You probably recognise this to be more of an allergic reaction than a poison however.

The ettin storms his way into the room, tearing away the beaded curtain as he enters. With steely determination, he pushes aside anyone in his way and kneels before the crumpled figure of Lassandra, both heads sobbing uncontrollably. Looking at you, the heads yell "What you do? Fix now!"

You also note how Kelvan is nowhere to be found, in fact, noone even noticed him leaving.

EdroGrimshell
2011-04-15, 05:05 PM
"It's an allergic reaction, we need an apothecary now, and i mean in the next minute or she's going to die. If she knew about it she probably has something to reverse it in the house, someone keep an eye on her, I'm going to see if i can find something that can help, see iff you can get a tube down her throat so she can breathe," she then points at the ettin, "You can help, come with me so we can see if we can fix it," after a few moments, "I really hope we can help," she says sadly, "I can tell she's important to you, but in order to help i need yours first, do you know if she keeps anything for an allergy?"

Another heal check to clear an allergy instead of a poison and a search check to find an injection that may be able to reverse this.
Heal: [roll0]
Search: [roll1]

And yes, she's very forceful in stressful situations like this but after is a different story.

BluesEclipse
2011-04-15, 05:06 PM
Sighing, I look at the ettin, and say, "It wasn't us, Kurt... Something was put in the tea that made her sick. The elf is already seeking someone that can help her. Aside from that, the best thing we can do is seek out that gnome, Kelvan... do you know where he's gone?"

As I attempt to explain the situation to Kurt, I try to think of any place nearby that I might know in this area where we could get something to help... a healer, an apothecary, an alchemist, or someone else with the ability to help Lassandra.

Knowledge(Sigil) [roll0]

"Nerra, please remain here and tend to Lassandra. Marc, Nosanus, if you'd be willing to stay with her, I just remembered someone nearby that can help." Turning to Kurt, I continue, "I'm going to go get her help... I know someone nearby." With that, I turn and dash out the door, running as quickly as I can to bring aid.

Dirac Lotus
2011-04-15, 05:31 PM
Anger wells in the ettin as he realises the true nature of the situation. One of his heads however, realises what he must do. Rummaging through Lassandra's pockets, he pulls out a small stoppered vial of green liquid. Offering it to Nerra, he says: "Kelv always told me to look out for this. He take good care of her, say to give medicine when face do that."

Nerra:
Your attempts to heal Lassandra are in vain. Possibly from not being familiar with this form of illness, or a lack of equipment - you can't seem to stabilise her. Before you have a chance to do any searching, Kurt offers you the vial.

/ooc
Do you still want to try to search? If so, whereabouts?

EdroGrimshell
2011-04-15, 05:39 PM
"He may be the one that did this, it could be a poison, but it's the only chance we've got, if you don't trust me you can give it to her, just be quick if you want to save her. Just how did he give it to her before. Injection, drinking, it may be important."

tuesdayscoming
2011-04-15, 05:56 PM
The door slams shut and Elaren, her hair dissheveled and wind-tossed and eyes wide, stands just inside, her arms hanging limp at her sides. She has been gone for less than thirty seconds.

"My friends, I fear that our situation is more dire than it at first seemed. We must wake her, but I tell you that we are perfectly on our own..."

BluesEclipse
2011-04-15, 05:59 PM
Stepping back through the door, I look at the others, noting that Kurt and Nerra are discussing a vial that the ettin holds. Hearing Elaren's declaration, I nod.

"Don't leave via the doorway... it's a portal. And if I'm right, it's Acheron on the other side..." Turning, I close the door behind me, before looking back at Lassandra. "I suppose it's fortunate that you have that medicine... I don't know how soon we'll be able to get back to Sigil."

big teej
2011-04-15, 08:35 PM
Marc tightens his grip on his mace.

"Archeron? uhm..... isn't that the plane of total war?"

this isn't good. this is really not good.

Marc takes a moment to reflect on anything he's learned from his books about the plane and its inhabitants.

knowledge - the planes

[roll0]

RunicLGB
2011-04-15, 11:17 PM
As the commotion rushes around Nosanus, he finds himself woefully out of his element in helping the lady, but he can at least try to figure out what happened to the gnome. Back in the back area, he examines his surroundings, seeking any detail that might tell him what the gnome did, or preferably, where he went.

Survival to Track [roll0]

Wether I can trace his path or not, i hear words from the other room, first Acheron, which doesn't mean much to me, but then Marc's mention of eternal war places me firmly on edge. I move back into the sitting room and say "Fight?"

Dirac Lotus
2011-04-16, 03:45 AM
Visibly scared, Kurt snatches the vial back and proceeds to undo the stopper. Trembling, he pours the green, steaming liquid into Lassandras mouth.

There is a drawn moment of hesitation, until Lassandra suddenly begins to spasm violently. As quickly as the spasms started, they fade away - leaving Lassandra sprawled on the floor. Her skin is pale and taught, and her face is covered in scars and craters wear the hives once were. Her throat is now no longer quite as swollen as it was, and paying close attention, you can see the steady rise and fall of her chest.

Kurt stands there, confusion and panic prominent in his 4 eyes. "Whats happen?"

Nosanus Track:
Thankfully there is no other Gnome sized person in the house, meaning that the small set of scuff marks most likely belong to the Gnome. They lead towards the front door - and they seem to be rushed.

Elaren/Rowen Knowledge:
(Continued): You know that Acheron is the place deserters go when they die. The 'petitioners' as these spirits are called, wander the planes with eternal conflict in mind - most as them are either insane, or in the process of going that way.

Marc Knowledge:
From what you remember, Acheron is both Lawful and Evil aligned. Its petitioners (the souls of the dead who inhabit it) tend to be deserters from the army.

BluesEclipse
2011-04-16, 08:34 AM
Relaxing slightly as the medicine begins to take effect, I turn to the ettin. "The medicine seems to be working... she should be fine." I sigh, before turning my gaze towards Marc, and continuing, "As for where that portal leads... yes, you're right. Acheron, the eternal battleground, is where the spirits of deserters go when they die. They wander, endlessly seeking battle, either driven insane already or heading down that path. We need to be cautious."

Looking around the room, I take in the expressions on everyone's faces. "At this point, it seems our fates are bound together, regardless of whether Lassandra spoke the truth or not. That said... we need to figure out what to do from here."

EdroGrimshell
2011-04-16, 09:27 AM
Shivering slightly, Nerra smiles at the ettin and says, "she's breathing," before falling over, fainted now that the adrenalin has faded.

RunicLGB
2011-04-16, 11:36 AM
Nosanus takes in what Rowen says intently. As he finishes, Nosanus moves slowly to the front door. He remains low to his four claws ready, and waiting, ofr something to go wrong. When he reaches the portal he cracks it just enough to see out onto the foreign landscape before him, taking in the sights of a whole new world.

When the sights have finished washing over him, he looks downward, following those small scuffmarks. Though he doesn't expect it, he hopes that his quarrys tracks will continue onto this new plane, lest he lose him a world away.

Move Silently: [roll0]
Hide: [roll1]
Spot: [roll2]
Survival to track: [roll3]

tuesdayscoming
2011-04-16, 01:09 PM
Elaren starts at Nerra's fall, and darts quickly over to ensure that all is well. Seeing that she is unharmed (and, seemingly, not suffering any reaction similar to that experienced by their host), she smiles and strides over to a couch, to fetch a pillow for the curious, perhaps not so timid girl.

While walking, she remarks, "Quite right, Rowen, the door undoubtedly leads to Acheron. I disagree, however, with your analysis that the door out is a portal... Rather, given the – shall we say diversity? – of our assembled fellows, I feel it is clear we did not all arrive from the heart of Sigil. Much more likely, then, that it was our entering this home, rather than our leaving it, that brought us to the plane of war."

big teej
2011-04-16, 02:02 PM
"I believe I should shape some of my more potent soulmelds before we venture outside; if we have time for me to do so that is."

Dirac Lotus
2011-04-16, 02:16 PM
In response to Rowen's decleration that Lassandra will be fine, Kurt begins to yell at her to wake up. One of his arms proceeds to attempt to shake her awake, but the other head catches on that this may not be such a good idea. The two heads bicker for a while, trading the occasional insult - until they both turn in unison towards you; "Why she not wake up? What we do now?

RunicLGB
2011-04-16, 02:33 PM
Nosanus stalk back into the room, a determined look on his face. At hearing the gaints question he steps forward. "Gnome tracks lead outside, away from smoke in other direction."
If the giant begins to move toward the door to go get the gnome, Nosanus stands firm in his way. "You cannot hunt alone! Dangerous, strange world. We need..." And he glimpses around at the gathering of seemingly random individuals, "pack. We need pack to hunt." With his two left claws he indicates the gathered individuals as that pack.

tuesdayscoming
2011-04-16, 03:48 PM
"Sir Marc, please do begin any preparations you feel you need. I, for one, do not wish to go out before we further assess our situation."

Elaren turns towards the ettin. "Kurt, your actions now were of great import. By so well serving your lady, you have done all of us a great service." She bows humbly before him. "I fear, however, that we – and your lady, too – are in further need of your services."

Elaren is attempting to use diplomacy to bring the ettin's attitude towards her to 'helpful'

Diplomacy, rushed, taking 10 without penalty (Silver Tongue) = 22

"Would you mind answering me a few questions?"

If the ettin is amiable, she asks the following, one at a time, and listens attentively to each of Kurt's answers: "For how long have you, Lassandra, and Kelvan been in this home?" "Did you all come here together? If not, who was the last to join?" "Did any of you ever leave this home and, if so, through what exit and for what purpose?" "In your memory, has anyone else visited the house besides Kelvan and the people currently in the room?" "Do you understand the nature of the door (that is, is it truly a portal? and if so, are there other such portals elsewhere in the house?)" "Finally, are either the key or the tablet that Lassandra spoke of still within the house?"

big teej
2011-04-17, 12:44 AM
Marc nods and says "very well, I require 1 hour, as un-interrupted as possible."

Marc goes over to the most comfy appearing corner of the room, sits down, and begins to meditate.

[OOC: swapping out some soulmelds,
swapped out lucky dice for lightning gauntlets
swapped out Adamant Pauldrons for Mantle of Flame
the process takes 1 hour regardless of how many I switch.

I'm not going to post anything IC until an hour has passed, because Marc's attention is totallly focused on soulmelding at the moment./OOC]

Dirac Lotus
2011-04-17, 04:01 AM
Managing a feeble bow in return, Kurt eagerly answers your questions, alternating between heads occasionaly. He seems to think this will help Lassandra, and so is doing everything he can to help.

"Lassandra come into home a few years ago. She says she bought it in faction auction. Me and Kelvan were hired from various sources just after she moved in. I come in with Kelvan, Lassandra take me to him when she first hire me. I never left house after move in, house is big, so I'm happy; and Kelvan told me not to go outiside for safety.

Kelvan leaves often, he always takes Lassandra with him when he goes though. Sometimes they gone for days at a time. Almost always go through front exit, but sometime they take back exit. When they do, they come back hurt. Never tell me what happens though.

Portal? I don't know of any portals, but what's wrong with the door? Its wooden door, doesn't do much besides open and close. Lassandra take lots of stuff in chests outside one day. She go out back door, this time she gone for weeks with Kelvan. She come back real hurt though, both in here (he points at his heads) and in here (he points at random locations on his body)."

BluesEclipse
2011-04-17, 12:39 PM
Listening to the ettin's replies, I nod thoughtfully. So, she was unharmed leaving through the front door, but when leaving through the back she returned injured. Yet... I'm certain we came through the front door..." Thinking to himself, Rowen looks towards the door they entered from, then shifts his gaze towards the back of the house.
"Once Marc has finished his preparations, we'll wake Nerra and check the back. In the meantime..." Turning my gaze to Kurt, I continue, "Does Lassandra keep any books, scrolls, or anything of the like here? It might prove helpful if I can find whatever information she's gathered about this vault..."

RunicLGB
2011-04-17, 09:28 PM
Hearing Rowen's talk Nosanus steps forward and stares him down. He folds his arms across his chest and gut, and says "If back area even more dangerous, more reason to get gnome before he get farther away. We make Gnome tell us what he knows." His nostrils flare as he finishes, and his eyes focus on Rowen, waiting for response.

BluesEclipse
2011-04-17, 10:49 PM
I meet Nosanus's gaze unflinchingly, and respond, "Were we all prepared, I'd have few objections to going after him. However, Marc is unprepared for battle, and Nerra is still unconscious. Given that the best case scenario here is that we're pursuing the gnome, someone who feels fully at ease travelling alone on a plane that exists solely as a battleground for extraplanar beings, I think it prudent to ensure we have as much force as possible behind us when we go after him."
My eyes narrow slightly as I continue, "You seem to be a capable tracker, though... if you feel that you won't be able to pick up his trail in an hour or two, after we've prepared and ensured that this place will remain secure, we can figure out an alternate course of action. If, however, you're as capable as you appear, then surely an hour or two to ensure that the one person who we know knows what's going on here is kept safe won't be a problem?"
With that, I await Nosanus's reply, my gaze locked with his.

RunicLGB
2011-04-17, 11:06 PM
Nosanus nods, understanding. "Nosanus thought you meant to go into back area." He breaks the gaze to move toward the front door. "Nos...I will stand on watch. Call if trouble, or if woman wakes."

Internal monologue:
Glad tribe have confident leader...

OOC:
That was an honest misunderstanding, compunded by Nosanus really wanting to get his "prey".

Dirac Lotus
2011-04-18, 04:49 AM
Lassandra not keep much in house, she take most important stuff outside. She does have study though, I can take you it, but she and Kelvan put protections around the place. Be careful.

Kurt then looks around the room, seeing if anyone else will accompany him.

/oocWhat does everyone intend to do for this hour, and whereabouts is Nosanus taking watch?

BluesEclipse
2011-04-18, 08:10 AM
Nodding at Nosanus, I turn to Kurt, and say, "If you'll take me to the study, and point out what you know has protections on it, I'll look over whatever I can to try and better understand the situation." I then wait for the ettin to lead me into the study, in hopes of finding... something to explain more about what's going on.

EdroGrimshell
2011-04-18, 10:26 AM
Groaning slightly, Nerra sits up, "I hate when that happens," she says to no one in particular. She rubs her head then looks around, "how long was i out?"

tuesdayscoming
2011-04-18, 01:34 PM
Elaren - her gaze not leaving the ettin, but her attention clearly shifting - tenses slightly when Rowen and Nosanus have their momentary tiff, but breathes a quiet sigh of relief when it is so easily resolved. Now is not the time for such conflict...

She turns her full attention back to Kurt.

"Again, Kurt, thank you for your assistance. I fear where we would find ourselves were it not for your knowledge."

As Nosanus moves to leave the room, she stops him with the following:

"Nosanus, before you leave, might I request your assistance in a minor experiment? So as to better understand the nature of this doorway, I hope that you might be willing to step away from it - just a short distance, perhaps 10 feet? - for five minutes after you leave. After that, I would like you to attempt to reenter the building. If after that period of time you have not returned, I myself will step out to retrieve you. My desire here is, of course, to ensure that we have a reliable means by which to return here after leaving."

Hearing Rowen's proposed course of action, she turns to him and nods. "After this experiment is complete, I will join you in investigating the remainder of the home, Sir Rowen. That is, assuming you would not mind the company?" She beams a smile at him. "I had hoped, additionally, that you might be willing to assist me in a similar experiment regarding the rear exit?"

RunicLGB
2011-04-18, 01:45 PM
Nosanus, pauses to listen to Elaren, then turns to look at her. He throws a glance toward Rowen, then back to the Binder. "And if Nosanus Trapped forever alone on War World?"
If Elaren and/or Rowen manage to convince him that the experiment is safe and unlikely to strand him, he agrees, tentatively.

If not he moves to take on his guard position, after a hearty growl at Elaren for suggesting something so dangerous.

/OOC:
Convincing him is really a matter of two things: 1: getting Rowen, whom he has arbitrarily ellected his own leader to agree, and 2: suggesting some way of getting him back in case the portal closes. Note that I don't have very good sense motive :smallwink:

BluesEclipse
2011-04-18, 02:21 PM
Thinking for a moment, I reply, "I'd rather not take the risk of someone being stranded out there. And if we are dealing with some sort of unstable portal, having him hold onto a rope might not be enough to ensure he can return... if you have any suggestions regarding how to handle it if he were to become stranded out there, I'll be happy to hear them, though. Especially seeing as if the portal closes, I'd expect it to close both ways, meaning we wouldn't be able to help him, either."

Turning and seeing Nerra awake, I nod slightly, saying, "We've determined that the front door appears to be a portal to Acheron. The back door also seems to be a portal, of unknown origin. I'm not certain if we have any means of returning to Sigil at the moment... we're waiting for Marc to finish his preparations, and likely will be going to pursue the gnome, Kelvan, afterwards. Nosanus has been able to track him somewhat, he's left the house and ventured into Acheron himself."

tuesdayscoming
2011-04-18, 02:36 PM
"Your concern for the group is well founded and admirable, but I stand by my assertion that such an experiment will provide information that may be desperately needed. I am reasonably confident that the door leads to a fixed location on Acheron. The question is, can someone on that plane enter the home at their own leisure, without the aide of an individual inside?"

She takes a few steps towards the door.

"Frankly, I must insist that this experiment be carried out. Considering that it was my proposition, perhaps it would be best if I were to be the one to step outside?"

RunicLGB
2011-04-18, 02:47 PM
As Elaren approaches the door, Nosanus politely takes a step out of her way.

BluesEclipse
2011-04-18, 03:10 PM
Nodding at Elaren, I reply, "I still think it unwise to venture out there alone, both due to the risk of becoming stranded and the possibility of drawing unwanted attention to us. If you're truly insistent on this course of action, though... I won't stop you."

tuesdayscoming
2011-04-18, 03:35 PM
She nods at him, not the faintest trace of a smile on her face.
"It would not be the first time Ive wandered the planes alone. If I am not back in five minutes, please reopen the door for me."

She opens the door, her eyes darting around, searching for any signs of life.

spot: [roll0]

If she sees nothing, she steps outside and closes the door, procedes to the nearest tree, and crouches beside it, hand on the hilt of her sword.

Dirac Lotus
2011-04-18, 03:54 PM
Seeing no signs of life outside, Elaren decides to venture out.

Anyone watching her leave:
As Elaren opens the door, a faint breeze wafts through the corridor. Looking outside, you see a heavily forested scenery, devoid of colours save Browns and Greys. You also note the presence of strange, floating cubes in the void that is the sky.

As Elaren steps through the threshold - you note nothing. She merely stepped through a doorway. Continuing watching, you can see her move over to one of the greyscale trees and sit down.

Anyone Following Kurt:
Kurt leads you out the room, through the - now devastated - beaded curtain. Following him through a winding maze of corridors, you note how this house seems much bigger on the inside than the view of the small cottage led you to believe.

Eventually, after passing many bedrooms, bathrooms and games rooms; Kurt leads you to what appears to be a solid iron door. "Study through here. She keep it well locked ever since I try to get in. Door gives lightning shock when you pull handle. Don't know about other protections, but if you listen close - you can hear something alive in there. I not follow you in, Lassandra not like Kurt if he go in. Lassandra not like Kurt for showing people her study. But Kurt knows it necessary."

BluesEclipse
2011-04-18, 05:03 PM
Nodding at Kurt, I look warily at the door to the study. "You say that the door shocks those who attempt to pull the handle... but if we simply touch the door itself, nothing happens?"

If Kurt says yes, I attempt to place my ear against the door to listen for whatever's inside.
Listen: [roll0]

tuesdayscoming
2011-04-18, 06:02 PM
Elaren uses Naberius' 'Disguise Self' ability to turn herself the color of the tree she crouches by, in the likely futile hope that it might give her some mildly improved chance of avoiding the notice of any passersby.

Until something arouses her attention, or until 5 minutes pass, she will be staying put. Please keep me updated as to anything that might change these plans, and do let me know when the time has passed

Dirac Lotus
2011-04-20, 12:25 PM
Kurt replies "Only handle that shock. I listen sometimes, I talk to who's inside. Sometimes he replies, but he can't talk. He just scrabbles."

Placing your ear against the door, you listen carefully for any sound coming from within. However, you hear nothing.

Elaren: The full five minutes pass uneventfully, there are no obvious signs of life. But you do notice after a while the thin trail of smoke coming from within the forest that Nosanus mentioned earlier.

BluesEclipse
2011-04-20, 12:40 PM
Nodding to myself, I say, "Hello? Whoever is in there, can you speak?" As I wait for a response, I whisper to myself a couple of words of power.

Truespeak: Syllable of Entropy(Reverse) - Gives the target 1d4 temporary HP. Base Truespeak DC: 15
Augment: +4 DC - add 1 additional temporary hit point per point of DC added.
Absolute Limit: Bypassed, I am willingly allowing the utterance to affect me.
Total DC: 19
Truespeak Check(Truename Known: +4, Truespeak Mod: +18): [roll0]

tuesdayscoming
2011-04-20, 01:28 PM
Elaren stands, and glances about to ensure that she remains unnoticed.

Spot: [roll0]

If she sees nothing, she brushes her hair back behind her ear, smiles to herself and begins to walk back towards the house. As she nears, she asses whatever doorway may or may not be waiting for her there.

Are there any changes to the building from when she left? Any less substantive, perhaps? fading around the edges? gone entirely? For that matter, what does the building look like from the outside? Much as it did when she entered from Sigil? A solitary doorway, standing in the middle of a field?

EdroGrimshell
2011-04-20, 02:06 PM
Nerra stands and simply waits on everyone else, she was an archer, she wouldn't be much use here at the moment

Dirac Lotus
2011-04-20, 02:19 PM
Rowen:
There is no response to your question. After a moment, Kurt places his ear to the door as well. "Maybe he doesn't like strangers?" he whispers to you. He then proceeds to softly speak to the door "It's all right. We won't hurt you. It's me, Kurt. No sooner than he finishes speaking, you hear a frantic scrabbling sound coming from within. It does not respond to your quesion however, it merely proceeds to scratch at something inside.

Elaren:
The building looks almost exactly the same as when you entered it from Sigil. As you investigate it more thoroughly however - you note something rather peculiar.

Although the house is the same height and width as it was when you entered it, it seems to continue backwards for almost ten times its width. You probably wouldn't have noticed this oddity had you not inspected it as thouroughly as you did.

BluesEclipse
2011-04-20, 02:31 PM
Thinking for a moment, I turn to Kurt, and say, "Kurt... I apologize for this, but I intend to try and break through the door. Given the circumstances, I feel it's vital that we get as much information as we can about our current situation - for Lassandra's sake as much as our own." Without waiting for a response from the Ettin, I draw my greatsword, and swing at the hinges of the door, attempting to break it.

As I'm not certain which would be more appropriate here - Strength check or Attack roll, I'll do both.

Strength Check: [roll0]
Attack Roll: [roll1] - Damage: [roll2]

tuesdayscoming
2011-04-20, 02:39 PM
"Curiouser and curiouser," she mumbles to herself while leaning around the edge of the door.

After a moment's considering what next to do, she returns herself to her normal color and returns to the door. She opens it, leans inside, and smiles, calling out "Good news: apparently the door still works!"

If at this point she can hear what's going on with Rowen, she will join him. If not, she tells whoever is in the room that she wishes to investigate more outside, and asks if they would care to join her, so that they might getto know one another better.

RunicLGB
2011-04-20, 03:35 PM
If Nosannus or Elaren can hear the noise of Rowen's greatsword strking the door, he immediately rushes in that direction. Shifting his spiritual power to increase his speed.

If not, he will examine Elaren, and nod. "Nosanus will go with you. If crying woman can survive, so can Nosanus."

OOc:
Reinvest Essentia: Girrallon arms -1 point, Duskling Racial speed bonus +1 point. Net Effect: Atk & Dam -1, Grapple and climb -2, Speed + 5 feet.

Dirac Lotus
2011-04-20, 05:10 PM
A resounding clang echoes around the house as Rowen strikes the door. A small, visible scratch marks where the iron door was scratched. Otherwise, it is unscathed. Kurt winces, but does not attempt to stop you. "Door very tough. Hard to break. Maybe you know someone who picks locks? Would make Lassandra happy to not have broken door as well."

Everyone inside hears the strike. Elaran does not, due to being outside - but when she returns to the house she notices Nosanus sprinting down the hallway.

RunicLGB
2011-04-20, 08:22 PM
Following the tell tale clash of metal, Nosanus continues to move as quickly as he can throw the house. When he finds Rowen, and sees his weapon drawn, he crouches low and returns his spirtual power to its offensive state. His eyes then dart about seeking an opponent, while his voice growls "What happened?"

OOC:
Reinvest Essentia: Back to my default.

BluesEclipse
2011-04-20, 08:33 PM
Turning to look at Nosanus, and seeing him tensed for combat, I sheathe my sword. "I apologize for worrying you... I was trying to get into the study, to see if I could find more information on our current situation. Unfortunately, the room is quite secure... I don't have the skills needed to access it. Perhaps one of the others..." I turn, and begin walking back towards the front. "Has Elaren returned yet, by any chance?" I ask Nosanus as I walk past him.

RunicLGB
2011-04-21, 12:27 PM
As Rowen walks by a Nosanus signals to kurt to follow. then turns to begin walking. "Not sure about her. Nosanus left door fast for battle." A little later down the hall, but before they make it back to the sitting room he adds "Searching house important. But finding gnome better. When Marc finishes spirit search, we go to get him. Good?"

tuesdayscoming
2011-04-21, 01:05 PM
Her previous sentence having been cut off halfway by the sight of Nosanus sprinting deeper into the house, Elaren had stepped inside, closed the door behind her, and raised an eyebrow towards Nerra, as if to ask"what's all this, then?", before following suit and dashing down the corridor.

"Only just," she answers Rowen's question as she slows to a halt by them, meeting them somewhere in the corridor. "The door remains open, and the house is perfectly visible from the outside. There were a few curiosities I noted that I'd like to explore more in-depth. I'll explain, however, when we're all back together. And, hopefully, after I've had a chance to inspect the back door."

BluesEclipse
2011-04-21, 01:23 PM
Nodding at Elaren, I reply, "That's good, then... Nosanus and I can accompany you to check the back... if it is more dangerous, having the extra help wouldn't hurt. I wasn't able to get into the study, though there is something in there... I don't suppose you know how to pick locks?"
Turning back towards Nosanus, I say, "Yeah... once Marc's finished, Elaren can tell us what she's found out, and unless we find something else of importance we can go after Kelvan."

Inner Thoughts:
"This group definitely has individuals with some odd talents... though what did Nosanus mean by Spirit Search?"

Knowledge(The Planes) to see what I know about Nosanus' and Marc's abilities: [roll0]

tuesdayscoming
2011-04-21, 05:59 PM
Elaren shakes her head once, back and forth. "I'm afraid my talents lie elsewhere." She turns to the ettin. "Sir Kurt, are you perfectly sure that you do not know of another way into your lady's study?"

If he denies any knowledge, she goes on: "Are you perfectly sure, Kurt? If you fear your lady's wrath, I assure you that I will take full responsibility for the entry. Besides, her very life could be at stake! We will enter one way or another, I assure you, so don't you think she'd prefer some method other than our somehow disabling her door? Perhaps you know where she has stored a key? Or some alternate, less obvious point of entry?"

edit:Just realized I forgot to point out that this is Diplomacy in action.

As always with Naberius bound, rushed check, taking 10 with no penalty (Silver Tongue = 22

Dirac Lotus
2011-04-22, 05:09 AM
"Lassandra use magic to open door. She casts some sort of spell and door goes 'click' and swings open. I do not know of another way in, and I have tried to look for one. I not try breaking down door though, looks too heavy. I can give go if you say it help Lassandra?"

BluesEclipse
2011-04-22, 12:32 PM
Shaking my head, I answer, "No, Kurt. It's quite likely that the door is sealed magically, meaning that force isn't an option. Thank you, though... could you show us to the back door, so that we can see what's out there?"

Dirac Lotus
2011-04-24, 08:38 AM
Nodding, Kurt breaths a sigh of relief before leading you further through the corridors. Eventually you arrive at what seems to be a door akin to the one through which you entered the house. "This is back door. I not been out there, Lassandra won't let me. Be careful though. It dangerous place out back." Kurt exclaims.

RunicLGB
2011-04-26, 01:41 AM
Tired of waiting for his companions, Nosanus moves forward and places his ear upon the door, then silences his breathing, listening intently to whatever may lie beyond.

Listen: [roll0]

Whatever he hears he relays to the others, and if he hears nothing at all, he turns to the others and says "Nosanus hear nothing. If something dangerous beyond door, it quiet something."

OOC:Was perviously playing backseat to Rowen and Elaren, but now hoping to jumpstart posting.

Dirac Lotus
2011-04-26, 08:06 AM
Nosanus
Placing your ear to the door, you listen intently for any signs of life. However, you detect none. Not even the cawing of birds or scuffle of rats. Whatever is out there - it is deathly quiet.

tuesdayscoming
2011-04-26, 01:04 PM
Elaren crouches down beside Nosanus as he listens, eager and excited to hear what he finds. Hearing it, however, she taken aback.

"... Nothing? How can that be, nothing?" She stands and begins to pace, her furrowed brow evidence of her deep perturbation. She continues on in this fashion, the strides in her pace growing wider as she asks Kurt, without looking his way, "You said that, when she returned through this door, your lady was damaged both physically and mentally?"

Finally she stops pacing, standing with one arm across her chest and the other held up to her chin.

"Can you clarify that at all for me? What were her physical injuries like, and how could you tell that she was hurt mentally? Did she behave differently? Did Kelvan exhibit these same symptoms?"

Dirac Lotus
2011-04-26, 02:10 PM
Kurt looks perturbed at Elaren's demeanor, shying away from her frantic pacing. He answers hurridly, "Yes, she get badly hurt when leave through this door. Kelvan too, but not so bad; he is harder to hit and better protected. His magic protect him, yes. They get wounds, like they been fighting. Cuts, scars, burns. Kurt recognise some, look like arrow wounds."

tuesdayscoming
2011-04-26, 02:44 PM
Seeing the etin tense, Elaren makes an effort to calm herself. Her shoulders relax, and her arms loosen up. She forces a faint smile.

"I'm sorry, Kurt, I don't mean to worry you. I'm simply trying to get as clear a picture of our current situation as I possibly can. And this piece," she muses, walking towards the door and, after half a moment's hesitation, placing a hand tentatively on the handle, "doesn't quite fit into the puzzle..."

She turns back towards Rowen and Nosanus. She is smiling, but obvious concern belies the legitimacy of the smile. "For the immediate moment, let us return to the main room. Considering that we are all in this together, I think it best that we all deliberate over what best to do..."

When they return to the main room, Elaren checks to see if their host's situation is at all improved.

Then, she explains what she found outside the front door - particularly the curious stretching that she observed around the side. She explains that she would like to go back out the front and explore all around the house, checking for windows, doors, or any oddities they might find. "This," she goes on should not be particularly dangerous, and should take but a few minutes. But the issue of the... other door... I hope that we might discuss what to do about it.

"It is possible that we will never need to go through the door, certainly. And yet I maintain that what we find on the other side might still be of vital importance - particularly given my discovery that, through the front door at least, the house remains visible and the door accessible. I worry that we might at some point... have a visitor from the other side of the door. The only way to prepare for such a thing, I fear, is to test the waters of whatever might lie on the other side - sending someone out to learn what might be leaned. So I ask you all: what do you feel we should do?"

edit OOC: Elaren actively involves Kurt in the conversation, making it perfectly obvious that his opinion carries no less weight than any of her newfound companions.

BluesEclipse
2011-04-26, 02:53 PM
Looking around at the others, Rowen says, "I'd assume that whatever threats lie outside the back door simply aren't close enough for us to hear. I think the simplest choice, for the moment, would be for us to bar the door against intruders... at least while we go after Kelvan."
Turning to Kurt, he continues, "At the same time, I feel it would be unwise to leave Lassandra unattended... while we pursue Kelvan, I'd like you to remain here and watch over her. Is that agreeable to you?"

RunicLGB
2011-04-26, 03:18 PM
Nosanus nods his agreement with everything thats been said so far.

OOC: Edited for including Rowen's words.

Dirac Lotus
2011-04-27, 03:35 AM
Kurt listens attentively, taking in everything you have been saying. "Yes. I stay here with Lassandra, keep her safe in case someone come in or Kelvan come back. Be careful, dangerous place out back." With that, he moves over to Lassandra, pulls up a chair, and sits pensively by her.

RunicLGB
2011-04-27, 01:59 PM
Nosanus scours the room for something heavy to blocade the back door with, settling on one of the plush sofas. He moves to grab the furniture, checking quickly by eyesight to make sure it will fit through the hallway so that he can usse it as a blocade. "I block back door, then we and Marc go get gnome."

OOC:Nosanus can lift 230 pounds over head, 460 pounds off the ground, and can push 1150 pounds. The sofa shouldn't be too hard for him to move alone unless its bolted to the floor, so heres a strength check in case it is: [roll0]

BluesEclipse
2011-04-27, 03:22 PM
Nodding, Rowen replies to Nosanus with, "Alright. Block the back door... once Marc is finished with his preparations, we'll go." He leans against the wall, closing his eyes in thought.

tuesdayscoming
2011-04-27, 03:47 PM
Elaren seems put at ease by the relative confidence of her fellows. As they prepare to blockade the back door, she moves towards the front. "Very well. I shall continue exploring the nature of the house from the outside. Do let me know if you get anywhere with our host's study door."

She proceeds out, and spends the next however long carefully inspecting the exterior of the house, looking for whatever oddities might there be found (including, but certainly not limited to, doors and windows).

EdroGrimshell
2011-04-27, 03:54 PM
Nerra comes over, "A-ano, i'd be willing to check through the back door, if someone's willing to come with me," She says. "It'd just be a peak out, not actually going out there of course."

BluesEclipse
2011-04-27, 03:59 PM
"For now," Rowen says, turning to Nerra, "we'll leave the back door alone. Simply make whatever preparations you need... we'll go seek out that gnome once everyone's ready."

Dirac Lotus
2011-04-27, 04:24 PM
Blockading the back door is relatively easy, although it is quite a way to drag the sofas. Kurt helps out however best he can, until the back door is as secure as it can be. "You go now, find Kelvan. I stay here with Cassandra."

It takes about 20 minutes to fully blockade the back door. (It has been approximately 40 minutes now since Marc started remelding)

tuesday:
Looking carefully outside, you notice how the stretching you noticed early - is actually rather mundane. It turns out the house is just built exceptionally long, for some unknown reason.

The Windows correspond to were you would expect them, and look the same as any you would notice from inside. Furthermore, the back door looks the same as it did from within. [Listen Check: Success] Listening closely, you can just about make out the grunts and chatter of your companions barricading it from within.

tuesdayscoming
2011-04-28, 03:12 PM
Elaren ignores the door for the moment. She will continue to inspect the outside of the house until she is either joined by the others or is confident that she has seen what there is to see. If the latter, she will reenter the house and wait quietly for Marc to finish his meditations.

Dirac Lotus
2011-04-28, 04:15 PM
The rest of the hour passes uneventfully. Disturbingly so. The tedium is occasionally broken when Kurt argues with himself, or starts to talk to Lassandra. However, despite his best efforts - she remains unconcious.

Marc has now finished reshaping his soulmelds. What do you do now?

big teej
2011-04-28, 04:31 PM
[OOC: hee hee hee]

Marc opens his eyse from his meditation, as he does so, his body becomes enshrouded in blue flames. he stands and clenches his fists, now clad in sparking blue gauntlets that hiss and crack with stored energy.

I'd like to have a word with that gnome. He has quite a bit of explaining to do. he declares, the flames cracklie and sizzle, emphasizing his words.

tuesdayscoming
2011-04-28, 04:32 PM
Elaren is at first surprised by the obvious change, but she smiles at Marc as he rejoins them. Turning to the group, she says, "Well, shall we be off, then? Our quarry grows ever further away as we wait here."

BluesEclipse
2011-04-28, 05:16 PM
"Indeed... Nosanus, you'll still be able to track Kelvan, correct?" Rowen asks, pushing off the wall and heading towards the door. He draws his greatsword, opening the door with his free hand.
Turning to Marc, he says, "I must admit... it is interesting to see Incarnum in use... I've read about it, but never actually met someone that uses soulmelds before... it's particularly interesting to see the different ways it can be used, between yourself and Nosanus."

EdroGrimshell
2011-04-28, 05:31 PM
Nerra keeps her distance from Marc and his flames. Although when she hears them planning to catch Kelvan she pulls out her bow and let's her crawlign gauntlet cover her hand, giving her hand a set of claws.

RunicLGB
2011-04-28, 09:55 PM
"At last. We hunt"

Nosanus eagerly moves outside, searching intently where he had previously found the the gnome's trail.

Survival to track (in case I need to reroll) [roll0]

As he finds the trail Nosanus once again channels his spiritual energy into his racial quickness, increasing the rate at which he can follow the trail.

Essentia shift Girrallon Arms -1, Racial Speed bonus +1

He growls in joy, relishing the hunt.

big teej
2011-04-28, 10:04 PM
"it has it's uses." Marc replies to the Scholar in a bemused tone before heading after Nosanus, Sparks flying and hissing from his gauntlets.

"perhaps we can discuss your studies more in depth later." he says before stepping outside.

EdroGrimshell
2011-04-28, 10:19 PM
Nerra nods and follows everyone else, bow at the ready, an arrow already nocked. If she saw the gnome she'd aim for his leg and cripple him, make sure he couldn't run any more than he already had.

BluesEclipse
2011-04-28, 10:27 PM
Rowen nods at Marc, then turns his gaze towards each member of the party in turn.
If Elaren is not with the group, Nosanus will look around the outside of the house to find her.
After confirming that everyone is ready, he turns to Nosanus, and says, "Lead the way."

tuesdayscoming
2011-04-29, 02:47 AM
Before leaving, Elaren will return to Kurt for a brief farewell. "Such curious dreams have I dreamed today," she says, smiling at him and touching his arm lightly. "Tend to your lady, Kurt, and she will be well. Such caring is a virtue, and such a bond as yours a gift." She bows and, after rising again, continues, "With any luck, we shall meet again in a pleasanter dream than this one."

She turns back to her new found companions, still smiling. This was the path that had been dictated, the path that the Sign had brught to be. And she would learn to what wonders it might lead.

Adjusting the sword at her side, she nods at Rowen's words, and proceeds to follow the curious Nosanus into the wilds of the unknown.

RunicLGB
2011-04-29, 03:45 AM
With his allies ready, and his confidence brimming, Nosanus moves ahead on all six limbs, carefully following the marks the gnome made in its exit. As he Crawls, he takes one last glance behind, both at the house and to the mysterious cloud of smoke he saw earlier, making sure that the apparent fire has not moved or changed unnaturaly.

Unless he has reason to believe the source of the smoke is an emminent threat, he waves one pair of his arms to beckon the others to follow.

If the fire does appear to be approaching: He will point it out, and growl. "Smoke. Could be danger?" Then with a glance back to the trail. "So tired of distractions. Gnome could be long gone already. Do spirits want him to escape?!" Having expressed his anger, he waits for the others to chime in.

OOC:
Even with my Racial speed boost my speed's only a 35, and I can only move half that while tracking (unless I take a -5 retroactively :smallwink:) so 15-20 feet/round DM's discretion. Everyone should be able to keep up fine eh?

Dirac Lotus
2011-04-29, 04:21 AM
Anyone who has not yet seen the outside:
Stepping outside, you note one of the strangest sights you have ever seen. Instead of the usual sky you are accustomed to, there is an endless void - instead populated by giant, floating cubes. There are many such cubes, of all sorts of different sizes and textures. The surrounding landscape is not nearly as magnificent, however. Grey trees stretch for as far as the eye can see, the colourless scenery broken only by the occasional patch of brown-ish earth.

The surrounding landscape could be described as dull at best. The colourless trees provide a constant reminder of the drab atmosphere, and you are yet to discover any forms of life.

Keeping track of time is difficult outside on Acheron. There appears to be no obvious source of light, save the constant glow of the many cubes in the sky. However, you guess you have been walking for roughly 4 hours when Nosanus notes something.

Nosanus:
You do not judge the fire to be moving towards you, you think it is probably stationary.

[Survival: Success] You see a second set of tracks join the first set. This second set seems to have feet roughly as large as the Gnome you are tracking, except that there appear to be half a dozen different sets of footprints. They appear to have stopped with the first set for a while; after which the Gnome's set continue on straight ahead, and the second set split off in opposite directions perpendicular to his trail.

RunicLGB
2011-04-29, 12:49 PM
"Stop" Nosanus holds up a pair of arms with his hands flat and outstretched, the motion reinforceing the words. He examines the ground, counting carefully and stepping lightly between the scuff marks.

When his examination is complete he turns back to the group. "Gnome stopped here. Met with many others. Others also small, but have different tracks. They met, then others split, and go there and there." Nosanus indicates off to the left and right as he says this. "Then, Gnome go on, forward." after a moments pause, Nosanus then murmurs "Gnome has friends on this world."

Gleaning no further information from the tracks, Nosanus calls the others to him with a simple bark and arm movement, and unless someone else wants to stop, he continues after Kelvan.

Survival if recheck Needed: [roll0]

tuesdayscoming
2011-04-29, 01:02 PM
"Can you tell how long ago they passed this way?"

EdroGrimshell
2011-04-29, 05:43 PM
"To the right," Nerra says, quietly then swings her bow around to fire at the creatures, whatever they were.

Attack: [roll0] +1 if withing 30ft
Damage: [roll1] +1 if withing 30ft

Dirac Lotus
2011-04-29, 06:08 PM
Following Nerra's gaze, you can just about make out three small sillouttes emerging quickly from the trees. As you prepare yourselves, there true nature becomes apparant.

They seem to be goblins, but unlike any you have ever seen. Their faces are coated with warpaint, each goblin having his own individual colour pattern or design. Furthermore, they appear much more lithe than usual goblins, each one slinking through the trees like a cat - bloody saliva drooling from their snarling lips. They wear studded leather armour, and wield a menacingly large knife.

Nerra's arrow flies true, embedding itself in a small silloutte emerging from the trees. A small cry escapes its lips, but it continues on unhindered.

Instantly you hear a grunting noise coming from behind you, as two further goblins throw axes - one at Nosanus, the other at Elaren.

Throwing Axes:
Throwing at Elaren (Flat-footed):
To hit: [roll0] vs AC 15

Throwing at Nosanus (Flat-footed):
To hit: [roll2] vs AC 18
Damage: [roll3]

The three goblins advancing from the right (The ones Nerra pointed out) each pick a target. The one Nerra shot at attacking her, with a further one each attacking Marc and Rowen. They are within melee range, but cannot attack this turn.

Furthermore, there is a sixth goblin standing by the two with throwing axes, he is dressed in much the same way except he wears several animal heads as trophies, and carries no weapon. He quaffs a potion and surveys the battlefield.

Initiative!
1) Nerra, Marc
2) Me
3) Elaren, Nosanus, Rowen

big teej
2011-04-29, 08:05 PM
[OOC: I may misunderstand the layout, are the goblins adjacent? or just close enough to move and attack in one turn? I've got two courses of action depending on which is correct.

alerted to the danger, Marc's spines stand out straight, ready to impale the foe.

adjacent to me.
Marc Quick Draws his Heavy mace, taking a swipe at the Goblin in front of him. fool-creature, you have no idea what you deal with.

attack roll

to hit: [roll0]
damage: [roll1]

if at range (but within 30 feet)
Marc calmly assess his opponent before making a wet coughing sound. Marc whips his head forward, spitting a glob of acid at the goblin.

attack roll

ranged touch attack:
to hit: [roll2]
damage: [roll3]

EdroGrimshell
2011-04-29, 09:42 PM
Nerra takes a quick step back and fires off another arrow, aimed at the same goblin as before.

Dirac Lotus
2011-04-30, 03:53 AM
The two goblins that threw axes move in close to their targets, drawing their knives with lightning speed. The rest attack their prey with their oversized knives.

Goblin 1: Attacking Nosanus with Dagger (Flat-Footed)
To Hit:[roll0] vs AC 18

Goblin 2 (7): Attacking Marc.
To Hit:[roll2] vs AC 17
Retribution if hit: [roll4]

Goblin 3 (7): Attacking Nerra
To Hit:[roll5] vs AC 17
Damage: [roll6]

Goblin 4: Attacking Rowen (Flat-footed)
To Hit:[roll7] vs AC 14
Damage: [roll8]

Goblin 5: Attacking Elaren (Flat-footed)
To Hit:[roll9] vs AC 15
Damage: [roll10]

Goblin 6: Begins waving his arms and chanting something in a foreign tongue. His hand then starts to glow, until it a large flame appears in his palm.

(Damage taken by the goblins is in Parenthesis next to their name. Note this may differ from how much they have actually taken ;)

The Map:
http://i1130.photobucket.com/albums/m521/bohannamut/untitled.jpg?t=1304152929

tuesdayscoming
2011-04-30, 05:45 AM
Elaren looses a hoarse cry as the goblin's axe lands its blow.

As she draws her sword, the gravelly voice of Naberius booms out of her mouth. She points her sword-hand behind the goblin threatening her and speaks the single word, "Flee!"

Elaren is using Naberius's 'Persuasive Words' ability (Identical to the Command spell with a DC of (10 + 1/2 EBL + CHA Mod = 16).

If the goblin fails its save:
If the goblin fails its save it will run from the battle as fast as possible, and Elaren will gain an attack of opportunity.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Again if the command is successful, she will then move to square L9, where she will end her turn.

If the goblin makes its save:

If the goblin makes its save, Elaren will end her turn by taking a 5-foot step to square J8.

BluesEclipse
2011-04-30, 11:49 AM
Rowen winces as the goblin's blade cuts into his flesh. Quietly, he recites a brief snippet of the words of creation.

Move Action - Truespeak: Recitation of the Unclouded Eye - Allows me to see a blue aura around any targets whose HP is below my absolute limit(8). Does not permit the use of other vocalizations while active. Requires a swift action each round to sustain. Base Truespeak DC: 10.
Augment: +1 DC - Other vocalizations can be used while this recitation is in effect.
Total DC: 11
Truespeak Check(Truename Known: +4, Truespeak Mod: +18): [roll0]

I then bring my blade down at the goblin, intending to cut the creature in half.

Attack Roll: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]

big teej
2011-04-30, 12:19 PM
[OOC: I think it's my turn again]

hearing Elaren's cry behind him, Marc grows impatient with the goblin in front of him.

Marc reaches out, attempting to grasp the goblin with his gauntlets.

melee touch attack

attack roll: [roll0]
damage: [roll1] electricity damage

RunicLGB
2011-04-30, 01:35 PM
Having felt two blows bounde harmlessly off of him, Nosanus spins on their source. He roars so fiercely that spittle flies from his mouth and his eyes take on an emerald sheen of glowing light as his whole being becomes consumed by fury. He transfers all the spiritual power he can muster into his girralon claws. Then he reaches out with all four claws, aiming to tear the closest goblin to pieces.

Reinvest Essentia: -1 Racial speed, +1 Girrallon Arms.
Entering Rage: +4 Str, +4 Con, +3 Will saves (2+1 CobaltEmerald Rage :smallwink:) +1 Damage(Cobalt Emerald Rage, -2 AC. Con boosts HP by 8.

Full attack action:
Primary Claw: [roll0] Damage: [roll1]
Secondary Claws: [roll2] Damage: [roll3]
[roll4] Damage: [roll5]
[roll6] Damage: [roll7]

If the goblin dies, he turns his eyes to the next goblin in line, and he unleashes yet another furious roar.

Dirac Lotus
2011-04-30, 05:35 PM
The goblin attacking Elaren looks shaken by her words, and will proceed to flee on his turn. However, her oppurtune attack just misses it.

Rowen:
The goblins attacking Nerra and Marc are both glowing.
You bring your blade down, but the goblin nimbly dodges aside.

Nosanus: You rip into your target with 3 of your 4 claws, tearing the hapless goblin to pieces. Little remains of it now.

It is now Marc and Nerra's turn.

/oocI will count your action as taking place now big teej, and will tell you the outcome alongside Nerra's.

big teej
2011-04-30, 06:07 PM
[OOC: heh, my bad, I didn't know we were waiting for DM resolution posts between turns. oopsies. :smallredface: ]

EdroGrimshell
2011-05-03, 12:33 PM
Nerra uses her crawling gauntlet to strike at the goblin that attacked her, knowing her bow would be a risky move at this range.

Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

Dirac Lotus
2011-05-03, 12:53 PM
The goblins attacking Nosanus, Marc and Nerra all lay slain on the floor.

One of the remaining goblins fighting Rowen lashes out with its knife, whilst the one attacking Elaren turns tail and runs.
The one with the burning hand stands back. Surveying the battlefield, he flings the fire from his hands towards the now unoccupied Marc.

Goblin 1, 2 and 3 now lie dead.

Goblin 4 (): Attacking Rowen
To Hit: [roll0] vs AC 15

Goblin 5 is fleeing.

Goblin 6: Range touch attack against Marc
To Hit: [roll2] vs AC 10
Damage: [roll3] fire damage

The Map:
http://i1130.photobucket.com/albums/m521/bohannamut/untitled-1.jpg?t=1304445155

It is now Elaren, Nosanus and Rowen's turn.

Dirac Lotus
2011-05-03, 12:55 PM
Rolling to threaten:
To Threaten: [roll0] vs AC 15
If it threatens, Rowen takes double damage.

/ooc Sorry for double post.

BluesEclipse
2011-05-03, 01:26 PM
Seeing the goblin flee from Elaren, the familiar syllables of the words of power flowing from his lips, he quickly swings at the goblin in front of him. As he brings his blade back up, he speaks another phrase of the words of power, slicking the ground before the fleeing goblin in order to hinder its escape.

Swift Action: Sustain Recitation of the Unclouded Eye.
Standard Action: Attack G4. Attack: [roll0], Damage: [roll1]
Move Action: Truespeak: Slick the Surface - Coats a 10'x10' area with a slippery substance. Creatures attempting to move through an affected square must make a DC 10 Balance check or fall prone. Standing up requires another DC 10 Balance check.
Base Truespeak DC: 15
Augment: +4 DC - An additional 5'x5' square adjacent to the initial area of effect is affected by this incantation.
Truespeak Check: [roll2]
Areas to be Affected: The two squares directly left of A7/A8, and the third square directly left of A8.

tuesdayscoming
2011-05-03, 01:32 PM
Knowing the threat that a magic user could pose, Elaren moves to square H8, and swings her sword at the goblin.

[roll0]
[roll1]

RunicLGB
2011-05-04, 12:29 AM
As Nosanus roars he sees something he simply cannot tolerate. The fleeing goblin catches his attention, and as it dissapears behind the trees, Nosanus takes off to run it down. He runs north around the cospe of trees, coming up from behind the cowardly creature and stopping just ten feet away from the creature, roaring to let the pathetic goblin know just what is coming for it.

8 rounds of rage left.
Reinvest Essentia: Girrallon arms -1, Racial speed +1
Double move ending position at B 6
Also: Rawr!!

Dirac Lotus
2011-05-04, 01:54 AM
Nosanus is now at square B6, waiting to attack the fleeing goblin.
Elaren misses the 'magic user' goblin, but notices that the flame in its hand has now fully replenished.
Rowen hits the goblin, slicing a huge gash through its chest. However, it still continues to fight.
Rowen
The goblin you are fighting now glows Blue.

big teej
2011-05-04, 02:32 PM
turning from his fallen foe, Marc turns to retaliate against the goblin who through fire at him.

retching slightly, Marc hurls another gobbet of acid at his chosen target.

acid spittle attack!

ranged touch attack
[roll0]
damage: [roll1]

after spitting at the goblin, Marc moves up next to Rowen to help with his enemy next round.

EdroGrimshell
2011-05-04, 04:11 PM
Nerra goes back to her bow and fires a shot at the goblin with the flaming hands.

Dirac Lotus
2011-05-04, 05:07 PM
Goblin 4 (9): Attacking Rowen
To Hit: [roll0] vs AC 15

Goblin 5 takes one look over his shoulder; seeing his companions dead at your feet, and the four armed menace directly behind him - he continues to flee. Running straight into the grease, he falls flat on his face.

Goblin 6 (13): Attempts to lash out with a burning palm at Elaren.
To hit (Melee touch attack): [roll2] vs AC 10
Damage: [roll3] fire damage

Rowen:
Both goblins remaining in the fight now glow blue. The fleeing one however, does not.

Map:
http://i1130.photobucket.com/albums/m521/bohannamut/untitled-2.jpg?t=1304546762
/ooc Just pretend Nosanus and the goblin in front are actually one square to the left.

tuesdayscoming
2011-05-04, 05:28 PM
Swinging her sword at the fire-wielding goblin, Elaren cries out, "Leave one alive!"

[roll0]
[roll1]

BluesEclipse
2011-05-04, 06:26 PM
Quickly reciting the words to augment my vision again, I call to Nosanus, "Hold him! Keep him alive!" Turning back to the goblin before me, I utter yet another phrase, chilling the creature. Looking towards the caster, and seeing his form glowing with my augmented sight, I repeat the phrase, focusing its power on him.

Swift Action: Sustain Recitation of the Unclouded Eye.

Move Action: Truespeak: Word of Hoarfrost(Targeting G4) - Chilling the affected creature, this utterance deals 1d4 cold damage. In addition, the target suffers an additional 1d4 cold damage at the start of your next turn. Until this additional damage is dealt, the target's movement speed is halved.
Augment: +4 DC - For every 2 added to the DC, the initial and secondary damage are each increased by 1d4.
Truespeak Check(-2 due to using a nickname): [roll0]

Standard Action: Truespeak: Word of Hoarfrost(Targeting G6) - Chilling the affected creature, this utterance deals 1d4 cold damage. In addition, the target suffers an additional 1d4 cold damage at the start of your next turn. Until this additional damage is dealt, the target's movement speed is halved.
Augment: +4 DC - For every 2 added to the DC, the initial and secondary damage are each increased by 1d4.
Truespeak Check(-2 due to using a nickname): [roll2]

RunicLGB
2011-05-04, 08:27 PM
Seeing his quarry collapse to the ground from some stragne slick does nothing to earn him mercy from Nosanus. But Rowen and Elaren's words do.

Grinding his teeth and fighting against his more potent desires, Nosanus does not simply tear the coward to pieces, instead diving down upon the goblin to join him in the slick, and to bind him with three arms, while a fourth wraps around his neck to obstruct his breathing.

7 Of rage left.
Reinvest Essentia: -1 racial speed, +1 Girrallon arms.
Grapple the goblin:
Touch to start: [roll0] against touch AC and prone
Grapple check: 7 (bab+str (rage boosted))+6(girrallon arms) =13
Grapple check roll: [roll1]
If successful I choose to deal only basic nonleathal damage (rather than claw damage): [roll2]

Dirac Lotus
2011-05-05, 01:18 AM
A mixture of small stature, pathetic strength and sheer terror causes the fleeing goblin to have no chance agaisnt Nosanus. He struggles briefly, but fails to escape your iron hold.

Rowen's words freeze the goblin in front of him to the bone, killing him instantly.

The blow from Elaren's sword is enough to drop the flame wielding goblin. Insult is merely added to injury when Rowens words cause his flesh to explode in shards of tiny icicles.

/ooc
For the sake of ease, the initiative order will end here (there is only one remaining goblin, currently being grappled.

RunicLGB
2011-05-05, 01:37 AM
When the others arrive around Nosanus he releases the helpless goblin and rolls away, landing on all sixes and ready to pounce again if necesary.

If unnecesary, which it should be, Nosanus begins taking rapid breaths, before one massive inhale, and an equally massive exhale. As these breaths finish the shining green glow in his eyes fades back to stormy grey. He slumps back onto his rear end, crossing his legs in front of him and props himself forward on his girrallon arms.

"What a waste for me to exhaust myself against such weak prey." He holds up his natural hand, the fingers elongated into claws and cloaked in blood soaked fur. "But then...Nosanus has been holding that back since the gnome first ran."

Admiring his claws, Nosanus smiles for the first time since arriving in the strange city, showing off a mouth full of yellow and black teeth with incredibly sharp fangs.

tuesdayscoming
2011-05-05, 04:27 AM
Elaren stares towards the captive goblin, her left hand grasping the wound in her shoulder where its axe had wounded her. Closing her eyes, she grimaces as she squeezes down on the wound, sending a stream of blood trickling through her fingers. It has been years since she's been so damaged, but the pain helps bring to mind a rough outline for the speech she is about to deliver. She breathes out, opens her eyes, and releases the grip on her wound.

She approaches the goblin, speaking as she walks. "First things first, goblin, let's make one thing perfectly clear. You don't need to die here."

Having reached the goblin, she removes a kerchief from her pocket, wipes the blood off of her blade, and sheathes her sword. She crouches beside her captive audience.

"You see, none of you did. My companions and I weren't looking for a fight, but you brought it to our door. But I know that wasn't your doing."

"We know that you met with the gnome, and my guess is that he put you up to this. He's a tricksy one, Kelvan, and I can't say as I blame you and yours for falling for this... mad plan of his."

"But you see, that's just what it is, and that's just what you did. You listened to a madman and now your companions are dead. And I promise you that that was exactly what he anticipated – what's more, I can tell you that, if he gets his way, this encounter we've just had will seem like a pleasant little dream. The gnome plots doom for all – your kind as well as mine and those of my companions. And he just might get away with it – unless you tell me everything you know, NOW."

This monologue takes place over four rounds, during each of which she uses Diplomacy to bring the goblin's attitude towards her closer, closer, and ever closer towards Helpful. (Heck, we waited an hour

Each Diplomacy check uses Silver Tongue to make a rushed check, taking 10 at no penalty: 10+12=22

Bluff check (implied knowledge of Kelvan's plans, if nothing else) uses Silver Tongue to take 10: 10+9=19

tuesdayscoming
2011-05-05, 01:45 PM
If, just after beginning her address, the goblin does not understand her, Elaren will cycle through her languages. If none of them are understood, she will ask the entire group to attempt communication. If we succesfully find a lingua franca somewhere in the mix, she will request that the character capable of communicating with the hostage serve as translator, and will then deliver the above speech.

Dirac Lotus
2011-05-06, 03:01 PM
The goblin looks at your ferally, paying no heed to your words. Judging from your tone however, he guesses the predicament he is in. As you ask around whether or not anyone speaks Goblish, the Goblin before you proceeds to give an almighty bite - spitting out his own tongue alongside half a pint of blood. He did not appear to call out in pain as he did so.

EdroGrimshell
2011-05-06, 08:59 PM
"It's possible that they don't speak goblin, and this is one of the lower planes, try abyssal or infernal." Nerra says, letting one of her internal voices, which sounded much like her mother, take over for the moment, "And if anyone knows daelkyr you could try that as well. Personally i only know elven and common." Mentally she contacts her symbionts to see if they could understand it, her gauntlet knowing undercommon and her armor knowing daelkyr.

Just a flavor point on the armor and gauntlet, but standard symbionts know undercommon and the restless armor has a high enough intelligence to know another language so it has a basis.

BluesEclipse
2011-05-06, 09:56 PM
Looking at the goblin, its bloody tongue lying on the ground near it, Rowen says, "At this point, it's unlikely we'll get anything from it. But... I can at least see if I can determine its native language... He turns to the goblin, glaring at it. "I know you can hear me," He begins coldly, starting in Infernal. "If you have any desire to survive, tell us where the gnome is. Otherwise..." He gestures towards the frozen remains of the goblin's two comrades. "I can do that... and far worse... to you. Now where is he?"

Intimidate Check: [roll0]

If the goblin gives indication, such as gestures, that he doesn't understand, Rowen will simply ask "Where is the gnome?" in all of the languages he knows, waiting for a response. The order used is as follows: Infernal, Abyssal, Slaad, Celestial, Ignan, Terran, Auran, Aquan, Dwarven, Elven, Draconic, Common.

RunicLGB
2011-05-06, 11:01 PM
If Elaren and Rowen fail to get anywhere with the goblin using words, then Nosanus will gurnt and crawl over.

He takes the goblin roughly by the scalp with one clawed hand, forcing it to look him in the eyes. With the creatures attention Nosanus Roars loudly spraying spit into the ugly little creature's face.

He then quickly jerks the creatures head down and uses one of his other claws to draw a rudimentary picture of himself, little more than a stick figure with an extra set of arms. In one of the claws he draws a picture of the goblin, a rough stickfigure of much smaller stature than Nosanus. About a foot away Nosanus then draws kelvan, making him little more than another stick figure, but adding kelvan's clothing to make it clear.

With the characters complete, Nosanus points to the goblin, then to the goblin drawing, and draws an arrow to Kelvan. He then forces the Goblins head to face his and shakes his head up and down. He then raises his hand as a halt, and shakes his head left to right, and then forces the goblin to watch as Nosanus uses a free claw to eradicate the drawing of the captive goblin.

With the message across, Nosanus once more turns the Goblin back to look at him and stares at his eyes, while slowly releasing his hair from the tight grip.

This all amounts to an intimidate with a rough understanding of what we want, which is the goblin to lead us to kelvan. Intimidate: [roll0]

Dirac Lotus
2011-05-07, 05:32 PM
A brief moment of recognition crosses the goblins face when Rowen speaks to him in Infernal, but he still does not appear to act on anything you say. None of the other languages get any form of response out of him.

It is a different story when Nosanus grabs him however. Panic crosses his eyes for a moment, before settling into steely resolve. He watches intently as Nosanus draws lines in the sand. Getting the idea of what he is trying to do, the goblin draws some images of his own in the sand:

He starts by drawing a square underneath the image of the gnome. He feebly attempts to extend that square into three dimensions, but wipes it off in frustration - starting anew. After a few moments drawing, his picture is complete. The image of the Gnome that Nosanus drew now stands atop a square; the Gnome holds hands with various other stick figures of similar stature. Approximately 2 feet away from this drawing is another square, this one smaller than the first - and shaded. Standing atop this square is a massive stick figure, twice the size of Nosanus. It has a crude pair of what you assume to be wings, and wields an obvious scythe. There is an arrow drawn from the Gnome to this giant winged figure.

EdroGrimshell
2011-05-07, 05:57 PM
"Kuso," Nerra says, rubbing her temples, "that's not good, we have a demon or devil. Rowen, i think we should let this one go, i'd prefer not to kill him, i already have blood on my hands as it is," she says looking at the blood dripping from her gauntlet and cringes slightly.

She reaches into her pack and pulls out a small, leather bound box and sighs, she pulls two flasks of water and pours the contents of one onto her gauntlet, washing the blood and making it harder for anything to track them, the flask vanishing as it's empied. She then walks over to the goblin and offers him the other flask, biting his tongue off then being manhandled by a raging incarnum user would likely have the thing panicking, she believed that being kind could at least bring her some good luck in the future.

She then turns to Rowen, "We should head back, if what i think he says is true we'll have a lot more trouble than we originally thought. Let's go back to the house for now and see if we can come up with a plan. We can bring the goblin with us or just release him, wither way is fine by me."

big teej
2011-05-07, 07:32 PM
Rowen.... Marc says thoughtfully, "In your studies... what have you learned about daemons?"

Marc attempts to sift through the knowledge he has gleaned from reading over the years.

knowledge rolls

knowledge arcana
knowledge (the planes) [roll[1d20+5

I also believe it is time we all need to answer a few questions... how badly do we want this gnome? and how badly do we want to go back to sigil? I would almost consider dealing with a daemon worth it to make it back home. sigil is one step on that path for me. and this daemon may be the step before it."

BluesEclipse
2011-05-07, 07:44 PM
Rowen looks at Nerra for a long moment, weighing the value of killing the goblin against that of upholding the impromptu bargain he offered. Broken from his musings by Marc's question, he nods, and turns towards the goblin. Speaking in Infernal, he says, "Fortunately for you, I'm a man who prefers to uphold his deals. Leave... but be warned, if you come after us again, you will die. And if you send others after us, we will slay them, and then seek you out... If you force us to come after you like that, rest assured - you WILL regret it."

Turning to Nosanus, he says, "Release him... and Nerra," he continues, turning to the younger girl, "though I understand your concerns, if we keep moving we may be able to catch up to the gnome before anything happens."

Thinking about Marc's question to him, he mentally reviews what he has learned about demons and devils both.
Knowledge(The Planes): [roll0]

EdroGrimshell
2011-05-07, 08:12 PM
Nerra nods, she could understand the need to push forward, it was part of "the hunt" her father always talked about, but still, she prefered to have a plan like her mother did, and adding the dangerous variable of a demon forced her to think more on the fly if they pushed forward. Hopefully what her father and mother taught her would be enough to help.

RunicLGB
2011-05-08, 12:14 AM
Nosanus backs away from the goblin and begins making his way back to the scene of the battle. As he goes he says "We should kill it. But your choice. I go find Gnome's trail."

Once back where he had left off the tracks in order to fight, he takes a moment to admire the substantial gore he left. Then his face is low to the ground, his claws spread out wide and touching the ground lightly to avoid disturbing it, as he regains the trail.

Survival to track: [roll0]

Dirac Lotus
2011-05-09, 02:50 PM
Nosanus quickly picks up the trail once more. The goblin you are holding captive takes the first opening and flees as fast as his little legs carry him.

Is anyone going to do anything before setting off?

/ooc You can each have 800xp

Rowen:
Knowledge Check Result: You know that both Devils and Demons come with an abundance of immunities and resistances, as well as some of the more powerful ones being innately resistant to spells and attacks. You do remember that weapons infused with the power of good can overcome their resistance, however.

BluesEclipse
2011-05-09, 03:02 PM
"If we're dealing with actual demons or devils, our best option would be to use weapons imbued with holy power," Rowen says, answering Marc's question. "They have some defenses against various types of elemental magic, though those can vary between demons and devils." Turning back towards the path the gnome took, he frowns, and says, "Unless Kelvan is far more important than we realize, though, I don't expect he'll have any particularly powerful allies."

EdroGrimshell
2011-05-09, 05:54 PM
Nerra waits for everyone to finish so they could head off, she kept her head down, her hair continuing to hide her right eye. She didn't want to get in anyone's way.

big teej
2011-05-09, 06:13 PM
"well, if we're reasonably certain he's not significant enough a player to have daemon's at his call, I say we continue our persuit

tuesdayscoming
2011-05-09, 08:01 PM
Elaren nods at Marc's suggestion, sheathed her sword, and prepares to depart.

BluesEclipse
2011-05-09, 08:27 PM
Turning to Nosanus, Rowen says, "Lead the way, then."

RunicLGB
2011-05-09, 08:48 PM
Nosanus takes off, going a touch slower than last time as he faces a few more difficulties in following the trail, but still at a good pace thanks to his racial affinity for quick movements.

As he moves along leading the way he pays a touch more attention to his surroundings, certainly not wanting a repeat of the ambush scenario.

Reinvest Essentia: -1 Girralon arms, +1 Racial speed.
Active Listen check as we go: [roll0]

OOC:"On the road again..."

Dirac Lotus
2011-05-10, 03:47 PM
Nosanus leads the way, following the Gnome's freshly made tracks. Making good speed, you follow the tracks for another hour or so, constantly wary of any more potential ambushes - but not seem to occur.

Eventually the trees dissappear. Rather abruptly. The ground ends in front of you too, ending in a neat geometric edge. Looking in front of you, for as far as your eyes can see, is the familiar limitless void that is the sky.

Nosanus:
The Gnome's tracks lead right up to the edge of the world.

RunicLGB
2011-05-10, 11:48 PM
Nosanus growls in frustration. "World stops, but tracks keep going." He stalks forward and gazes down over the edge, looking to see if the Gnome may have traveled down the precipice.

Also, what does the end of a world look like?

tuesdayscoming
2011-05-11, 01:51 AM
"Most curious, indeed", Elaren muses. She leans over the edge with Nosanus. After a few moments, she searches the surrounding area for a stick and begins poking at the air where the ground should be.

While so doing, she searches her memory for any knowledge of such a thing as this precipice existing on the plane.

Knowledge (Planes) [roll0]

BluesEclipse
2011-05-11, 07:31 AM
Muttering a brief curse in Slaad, Rowen looks out beyond the edge of the cube, to see if there is anything that might indicate where the gnome went.

Spot Check: [/roll]1d20[/roll]
If a Search Check is more appropriate, add 5 to the roll.

EdroGrimshell
2011-05-11, 11:04 AM
Nerra looks around at the other floating cubes, thinking, "do those cubes move? And if so do they have a regular pattern?" she scratched the back of her head, "If that's the case he may have jumped to another one of the cubes. It'd take us an eternity to search them all."

big teej
2011-05-12, 02:13 PM
well..... this should be interesting

Marc peers over the edge, looking to see if terrain exists on the other plain, or if it is perfectly flat and empty.

if there is any terrain whatsoever on the vertical face, marc is going to grab a rock and try an experiment.

he is going to reach down and place the rock on the vertical face and see if it sticks.

[OOC: this is all entirely based on the possibly MAJORLY mistaken presumption that gravity affects each side of the cube. and if I should know better, ignore this. /OOC]

Dirac Lotus
2011-05-12, 03:44 PM
As you peer over the edge, a dizzying sensation overwhelms you as your head jerks forward slightly. You manage to regain you footing however, and get a good glimpse of what is below.

You can see trees, much like the ones surrounding you right now. Only these ones appear to jut out of the side of the cube. Despite the terrain being very similar to that you have just traversed, something seems very different. Then you notice the tree stumps, left overs from what you guess to be some form of logging expedition. This represents a very minute proportion of what is there, so you estimate the team to have been very small scale.

Picking up a pebble from nearby, Marc reaches over the edge of the cube. He stumbles for a moment as his arm sinks rapidly towards the surface, but regains control. Dropping the pebble, you notice that it falls towards the face of the cube and sticks in position.

big teej
2011-05-12, 06:16 PM
Marc hms pensively.

Nosanus, is it possible the tracks proceed down this side of the cube?

Marc asks taking flight with his airstep sandals and setting down on the "vertical" face.

he may not necessarily have hopped after the cube at least. Marc postulates from his rather disconcerting point of view.

to double check his newfound knowledge, marc tosses the pebble back onto the original side of the cube.

BluesEclipse
2011-05-12, 06:25 PM
Watching Marc's experiment, Rowen nods to himself. "Subjective gravity... I suppose I shouldn't be surprised by that, really." He carefully climbs over the edge of the cube, standing up on the second face next to the incarnum user.

EdroGrimshell
2011-05-12, 07:35 PM
Well that's rather annoying, Nerra thinks, though her thought could still be correct this seemed far more likely, she walksover the edge, using the very edge as a pivot in the center of her foot to just walk forward, definitely disorienting but she takes little notice, she was useed to this from her mother's use of the spider climb spell.

RunicLGB
2011-05-12, 11:45 PM
Nosanus watches his allies walking over the edge of this cube shaped planet, and intently watches as Marc casually tosses the Pebble back to the origional side. He appears very distressed by this develpoment, and merely continues to look over the edge, digging his claws into the ground beneath him. Close observation shows him to be shaking almost violently.

He becomes unresponsive to any words directed at him during this time, but once he is left alone on this side of the cube, he grinds his teeth and flits his eyes across the oddly positioned other party members. Nosanus reaches out with his claws, gripping tightly into the soil on the other side of the cube. Keeping his body low to the ground, so close infact that it scrapes across the edge, he pulls himself over onto the other side and rolls away from the "drop".
Once stable, and sure he won't go falling into the void, Nosanus rights himself and breathes heavily to calm himself. Finally past that hurdle he digs his eyes back to the ground and returns to finding the gnome's trail.

Survival to Track: [roll0]

Should he find the Gnome's trail he barks excitedly and takes off following it.

OOC:
I based his reaction partly on what it was like to try and get my cats off of high bookshelves or the roof when I was younger, and also on their reaction when the finally got to the ground.

tuesdayscoming
2011-05-13, 11:56 AM
Elaren, having carefully watched Nerra's method of shifting between the cube's sides, attempts to mimic her. Catching herself slightly off balance, she let's out a quiet, slightly nervous "Woo!", and scuffles a few feet forward, catching herself on the other side.

She turns to watch Nosanus's attempt to cross over, and laughs good-heartedly. After he is across, she will offer him her hand to help him up.

Dirac Lotus
2011-05-14, 12:24 PM
After the dizzying ordeal of crossing the faces of the cube, you all regain your bearings. After a moment of looking around, Nosanus once again picks up the Gnomes trail. It is getting fresh now. The trail leads straight through the forest, tending towards the area with the most tree stumps.

Nosanus, Rowen and Nerra:
[Spot Check Success] Not that you have gained your bearings, you can get a better view of your surroundings. You note the presence of many trails of smoke, much like the one from before, coming from various places within the forest.

EdroGrimshell
2011-05-14, 12:30 PM
"More smoke, we'll need to be careful." Nerra says, looking overall uneasy with the situation.

Dirac Lotus
2011-05-16, 01:37 PM
Following the trail, you start to feel a sense of unease - as though you are being watched. But no matter how hard you look or listen, you note no other presences besides yourselfs.

Having no sun, and thus no day or night cycle, it is difficult to tell the time on Acheron. However, out of weariness and hunger, you would estimate it is near the end of the day.

It is as you begin to notice this, that you spot something disconcerting in the distance. Several giant trees appear to be placed together end to end -several stacks high, forming a neat palisade circle in the middle of the woods. The Gnomes trail leads straight to it.

Nosanus:
You are starting to pick up other trails besides the Gnomes, most of which are quite fresh. They all appear to coincide with the Gnomes tracks, but then leave the way they came.

RunicLGB
2011-05-16, 01:41 PM
Without hesitating Nosanus halts and growls a deep hum from his throat. Many tracks again, just like before. Gnome's go to wall. Others..." He trails off, looking around warily at his surroundings.

EdroGrimshell
2011-05-16, 03:44 PM
Nerra looks around quickly before turning to everyone else and simply stating, "we should find a place to rest, away from the path so we can't easily be found. and hopefully it's just paranoia that it feels like we're being watched." if everyone decides to go with it she begins looking for a clearing, very meticulously, that is off the path enough to keep them hidden from view, but before that she turns to Nossanus, "if you'd accompany me to see if there are any signs of other creatures while we search."

tuesdayscoming
2011-05-16, 04:41 PM
Hand resting on the hilt of her sword, Elaren nods curtly while glancing around, attempting to discern the source of the eerie 'being watched' feeling.

Still looking around, she speaks under her breath, "To rest would be wise. I, for one, am wearied from the road, but thought my eyes may not be the keenest, I volunteer to take the first watch."

big teej
2011-05-16, 05:08 PM
noted, but I believe we should be more concerned about a defensible camp site before we worry about watch rotation. Marc says.

I grow tired of being studied. perhaps we should prepare some sort of suprise for our observers?

Marc studies his surroundings closely, hoping to discern the watchers

[OOC: active spot/listen

spot [roll0]
listen [roll1]

BluesEclipse
2011-05-16, 05:34 PM
Rowen nods, and replies, "I agree. We'll find a proper campsite, then discuss the watch rotation. Let's see if we can find a place nearby... not too nearby, though."

Dirac Lotus
2011-05-18, 03:08 PM
Despite your best efforts to ascertain your observers, you cannot locate them. You do find a small clearing however, surrounded by dense shrubbery and thicket - an inconvenience for your would be stalkers, at the very least. The location is a good distance from the wooden structure.

Should you choose to camp here, what preperations will you make?

Nosanus and Nerra:
Inspecting the potential campsite, you note the presence of a small trace of ash on the floor. It's not much, and appears to be quite old. However, you would guess it to be leftovers from a previous campfire.

big teej
2011-05-18, 03:49 PM
"Does anyone else have a signal whistle? whoever's on watch should have one handy." Marc asks, pulling his out from his armor.

while he waits for his companions to respond, Marc mentally debates setting up his tent.

EdroGrimshell
2011-05-19, 09:50 PM
Nerra kneels down at the ash, then looks up at the rest of the party, "someone camped here before us, not recently but that means someone else knows about it. We'll need to be more careful while here," she says.

She then turns to Marc, "I have a way of signalling, but it's not really a whistle, it's quieter though."

RunicLGB
2011-05-21, 12:04 PM
The ash certainly makes Nosanus uncomfortable. "Not good. rather sleep on ground in middle of trees."

After settling on where we rest. Nosanus will offer to take first watch.

EdroGrimshell
2011-05-28, 11:03 AM
Sighing lightly, Nerra starts to clear the area a bit, taking her time as she looked around for even minute details. She doesn't speak, she wasn't really all that keen on sleeping here either but it looked to be one of the safer spots they had found. She'd say what she found as she found it, but not make much of it, she was tired.
Search Check: Taking 20
After her search she pulls a medium sized box and a bundle from her pack, setting the box down for a moment to set the tent she'd pulled from her pack up. She then turns to the rest of the group, "Anyone want something to eat?" she asks, pulling some dried meats, sausage, cheese, and some rough loafs of bread, far to much for the box to hold in fact, and handing some to any that would like some. Once done she returns the box to her pack and joins everyone else to eat, "Itadakimasu," she murmurs before starting to eat with everyone else.

big teej
2011-05-28, 11:30 AM
-Marc's stomach rumbles loudly-

heh, I suppose I could eat. he says sheepishly as he takes some food from Nerra.

after eating a bit, Marc begins to set up his tent.

BluesEclipse
2011-05-28, 06:15 PM
Nodding, Rowen says, "Thank you, Nerra." Looking around as the others as he takes a bit of food, he nods, saying "We should plan out watches. I'm fine taking first... Nosanus, you can take second, Elaren third, Nerra fourth, and Marc fifth. Is this agreeable?"

EdroGrimshell
2011-05-28, 06:18 PM
Nerra nods, not minding taking 4th.

tuesdayscoming
2011-05-28, 06:24 PM
Elaren will happily accept Nerra's offer of food, and will volunteer to assist in the cooking process in any way needed. She agrees to the proposed watch schedule, and will pass the time before they attempt to sleep speaking with the others, inquiring as to the circumstances that had brought each of them to the house.

big teej
2011-05-28, 08:47 PM
"I'm fine with that rotation" Marc states.

looking around at the group, Marc asks. "do either of you ladies require a tent?"

EdroGrimshell
2011-05-28, 09:03 PM
Nerra raised an eyebrow and pointed back at the tent she'd set up not fifteen minutes ago. At which point she also offered half the tent for Elaren since it was big enough for two and she didn't take up much space as it were.

Dirac Lotus
2011-05-29, 11:01 AM
After settling down and setting up camp, you start to grow accustomed to the eerie, oppressed feeling of this place. Rowen takes first watch as you all settle into bed.
Rowen's shift passes uneventfully. As he moves over towards Nosanus however, he catches movement in the trees from the corner of his eye. Whatever it is must have noticed this, as an incoherent babble erupts from within the brush.

The noise causes Nosanus and Nerra to waken, Marc and Elaren still slumber peacefully however.

EdroGrimshell
2011-05-29, 11:34 AM
"This can't be good," Nerra says, having a wizard for a parent really was helpful at times, and this time it told her that incoherrent babbling was not a good sign, and not a good idea to sleep on it, so she quickly went to the other tents and shook the tenants awake before whispering, "we have company."

My guess is it's either an allip or a gibbering mouther, or something from the manual of the planes, i really need to read more on those ones.

BluesEclipse
2011-05-29, 12:14 PM
Rowen lifts his sword and says, "Wake the others..." He then recites some of the Words again, using the same sight-augmenting phrase as before.

Truespeak: Recitation of the Unclouded Eye
Augmented: +1(Allows use of other Utterances/Incantations while in effect)
DC: 11
[roll0]

tuesdayscoming
2011-05-29, 04:30 PM
Elaren giggles at Marc's forward invitation to share a tent, covering her mouth with her left hand, just a moment too late to hide her amusement. She will look away quickly, but back to him, smiling as Nerra gestures toward the tent she had erected.

She yawns mightily as Nerra wakes her. "My watch already? But it seems so soon..."

At this point she sees something in the shy girl's eyes that alerts her to the general idea of the situation they find themselves in. She nods to Nerra, grabs her sword from the ground beside where she had slept, and hastily dons her armor before stepping outside once more.

Dirac Lotus
2011-05-30, 04:54 PM
Now awake, you can all clearly make out the gibbering coming from all around. A moment passes as you all prepare for whatever it is, when suddenly, the noise ceases.
A lone, hunched goblin then makes his way out from between the trees. He waves a makeshift white flag, seemingly crafted from a fleece of wool and sharp stick. Numerous metallic piercings adorn his skin, and he wears little more than padded rags. A large, toothy grin does little to compliment his painted face.
He tilts his head to one side. "You killed Grubs?"
His voice comes out forced and slurred, as though he is having extreme difficulty talking this language.

tuesdayscoming
2011-05-30, 04:59 PM
Elaren steps forward and nods to the goblin, no trace of a smile on her face. "I know nothing of any named Grubs. Earlier today, however, we were assaulted by a number of goblins. I believe that they attacked us under the orders of a gnome whom we pursue – a gnome who likely manipulated them into believing that we are somehow a danger to them or their loved ones. Though I assure you we are no such thing, and seek naught but the gnome, we were forced to defend ourselves against these goblins."

BluesEclipse
2011-05-30, 05:18 PM
Seeing the lone goblin, Rowen whispers the words of his recitation once again, maintaining its power. And as Elaren begins to engage it in conversation, he summarizes her words, in Infernal, saying "We don't know who Grubs is, specifically... was he your shaman? Because a shaman led a handful of goblins to ambush us, at the behest of a gnome that we're seeking. We acted to defend ourselves... I'm sure you can understand that. The one that stopped attacking us was allowed to go on his way..." He interrupts his speech briefly to recite the Words once again in the barest of whispers, maintaining his enhanced vision. "I believe he was intending to return to your tribe. Tell me, though... why are you here? I doubt it's for revenge, given that you're willing to talk... would you, perhaps, be willing to aid us in finding that traitorous gnome - who, I remind you, has already shown willing to sacrifice your people for his own gain?" As he speaks to the goblin, he thinks to himself, Sometimes, I wonder if my linguistic skills aren't a hindrance rather than a benefit...

Attempting an untrained Diplomacy check: [roll0]

big teej
2011-05-30, 06:51 PM
Marc watches the proceedings, ready to spring into action... while rubbing the sleep out of his eyes.

Marc's slumber is almost as heavy as he is.

EdroGrimshell
2011-05-30, 08:22 PM
Nerra remains behind everyone else, bow at the ready if this goblin tried anything.

Readied action to fire if the goblin tries anything hostile

tuesdayscoming
2011-05-31, 02:48 PM
As a professional negotiator, Elaren cannot help but shudder at the glaring oversights and social slip-ups in Rowen's address to the goblin. If said goblin is obviously offended, she will interject immediately. If not, she will wait for Rowen to finish, touch him on the arm, and whisper into his ear, "Please, allow me to handle this."

Turning to the goblin, she says in Infernal, "Please excuse my companion. He is weary, and knows not what he says. Do you prefer this tongue, or shall we continue in Common?"

She continues on in the goblin's preferred language, reiterating the facts that they have gone over before, and finishing with a request. "And so we find ourselves here. We do not seek further conflict with you or your tribe. Obviously this is your home, and we are intruders; for this I apologize, and yet I would request that you lend us your aid - whether through direct action or the sharing of knowledge - in locating our quarry, the gnome who threatens both our people and yours."

Silver Tongue: Rushed Diplomacy check, take 10 without penalty. 10+12=22

Dirac Lotus
2011-06-02, 12:51 PM
As you engage in diplomacy with the lone goblin, you each see more, similar looking goblins emerging curiously from the trees. They each keep their distance, and appear unarmed. You notice how the paintings and piercings adorning their body and face are all individualised, with no two goblins looking at all similar.

The lone goblin looks taken aback when you speak in Infernal, looking almost scared. However, he calms once you are finished, content with your intentions. He replies in Common: "Prefer this tongue. Master speak that tongue." He fidgets uncomfortably before resuming, "Grubs was shaman of master. He gets orders and told them to us."

"If you truly after Gnome, then we are friends. Gnome often talk to master, not sure why. But when he come back, Grubs make us work harder; sometime we go raid other worlds. Not many come back from that."

"You change all this? You help stop Gnome telling master to make us do things. We help however we can, perhaps you come to our camp? We have beds, and floor not so hard."

Rowen:
All of the surrounding goblins glow due to your recitation. The one lone goblin doing the talking does not however.

big teej
2011-06-02, 01:08 PM
OOC: in the time honored tradition of my IRL group. -ahem-
SENSE MOTIVE!!!!

[roll0]

Marc crosses his arms and fans out his spines as he consider's the goblin's words.

Dirac Lotus
2011-06-02, 01:15 PM
Marc
You sense that the Goblins are scared - probably nervous at the thought of potentially invoking their masters wrath. You feel that they just want things to get back to the way they were before (looking at them, you guess that would probably be a not very pleasant something). As far as this 'master' is concerned - the Goblins revere him, to the point where anyone associated with him is considered powerful.

tuesdayscoming
2011-06-02, 02:06 PM
With a gracious smile, Elaren bows just slightly at the waist. "We are thrilled to find we have allies in such a place as this, so far from our homes." Holding out her hand, she introduces herself, "I am Elaren Elta'ir, Chosen Speaker of the Sign of the One, and I would be thrilled to accept your offer of hospitality - but this master of whom yo speak, is he not there as well?

EdroGrimshell
2011-06-02, 02:10 PM
Nerra lowers her bow and stores it away in her quiver. If anything got out of hand she could just use her gauntlet. She stood back and remained quiet, her red eye staring at the goblins without becoming a glare, unsettling but not entirely intimidating either.

big teej
2011-06-02, 02:27 PM
Marc begins to pack up his tent, whether the group stays or not, he won't be sleeping anymore for now.

EdroGrimshell
2011-06-02, 02:32 PM
Nerra follows Marc's example, though she'd have prefered more sleep, and slips her tent into her pack. Sighing lightly she makes keeps her eyes peeled for anything of interest.

Dirac Lotus
2011-06-04, 05:44 AM
The goblin gives what you can only assume to be a chuckle at Elaren's question. "No, no worry. Master on another cube. That why he use Grubs here, save him journey. He lazy that way." Some of the surrounding goblins gasp at this open insulting of the master, but a smile soon crosses their faces once they realise nothing ill has happened.

Once you have finished packing up your equipment, the goblin you have been talking to pipes up once more: "I am Huntspawn, by the way. I guess I now shaman, now Grubs dead. Come, I show you to rooms."

The Goblin leads you a short distance, back the way you came. After about five minutes, he makes a sharp turn right. He then leads you into a clearing, much like the one you made camp in, only this one is occupied. A lone wooden shack, not more than a few feet wide or tall, stands next to a strange timber contraption.

Upon closer inspection, you can see that the device is in fact an elevator of sorts. A large crank operates a pulley system, which in turn is attached to a wooden basket. This basket resides in a large well.

"We build underground. More defense that way. Come, I signal pulleyman." With that, Huntspawn heads over to the wooden shack and knocks three times. Almost instantly, the door swings violently open. A grossly obese goblin then greets your eyes, his own body weight in piercings and paint adorn his flesh. He regards you with a toothy grin, before looking at Huntspawn, nodding, and exclaiming: "So you want pulley job?"

EdroGrimshell
2011-06-04, 09:28 AM
This was wierd, on the material goblins acted more like bandits and more often than not attacked travellers and small settlements, here, they were not only helpful, but the ones that were in trouble, again, it was wierd. Compared to the goblins she met, these ones were more like very tribal halflings, in attitude, which allowed her to relax a bit with them around. She'd let the others do the talking, she'd remain quiet unless spoken to.

big teej
2011-06-04, 10:12 AM
Marc Whispers to Rowan in Draconic

"these like any goblins you've heard of before?"

BluesEclipse
2011-06-04, 01:53 PM
Replying to Marc's inquiry in Draconic, Rowen says, "They're certainly not the first civilised goblins I've met. Then again, I've also had discussions with things such as archons, illithids, devils... I even was asked to translate for a beholder once." Chuckling, to himself, he continues, "You're not from the Cage, I suppose. Stay in Sigil long enough, and you'll interact with just about every race among the planes." Turning to the goblins, and watching Huntspawn talk to the pulley operator, he waits patiently for the goblin to finish.

Dirac Lotus
2011-06-06, 03:26 PM
"Come on then, hop aboard the lift." Exclaims Huntspawn. With that, the goblin hops into the bucket. It sways slightly under his weight, and the entire system groans as it adjusts. "What are you waiting for?" He seems to be enjoying this a little too much, judging from the cheesy grin on his face and rapid jig.

Elaren, Nerra, Rowen:
Looking at the system, you can tell that it is remarkably robust, despite initial appearances. You guess it could probably easily hold about 6 goblins.

Goblins. Five medium sized humanoids (and a goblin) may be pushing it a bit.

tuesdayscoming
2011-06-06, 03:51 PM
Elaren eyes the contraption somewhat dubiously.
"Perhaps we had best go in two groups? Nosanus, if you will accompany me on the first?" If there is to be any treachery either on the way down or once having arrived, she will feel much better with the raging totemist at her side.

EdroGrimshell
2011-06-06, 03:51 PM
Nerra laughs nervously, "A-ano, agree with Elaren, though i'd prefer to come with you, Marc's armor might be heavy enough to cause some... problems," she says quietly, though she guessed she was the lightest person here, including equipment, since most of her things were either in the haversack or her quiver, she still knew that it would be pushing it to hold that many individuals.

big teej
2011-06-06, 07:25 PM
Nerra has a valid point, I'm much heavier than anyone else here. are we sure the lift can hold me? if it can't, I may be able to fly down.

BluesEclipse
2011-06-07, 05:22 PM
Rowen looks at the elevator appraisingly for a moment, before nodding. "Marc," he says, "you'll accompany Huntspawn down the elevator first. Once they bring it back up, Elaren and Nosanus can come down. Nerra and I will go last."

Nosanus nods, and moves beside Elaren after hearing Rowen's orders.

big teej
2011-06-07, 05:52 PM
Right. down we go then.

Marc very tentatively places his foot on the lift, not reassured in the slightest by all the shaking and bouncing.

OOC: Marc is prepared to fly away from the lift the moment it seems like it's going to collapse under him.

Dirac Lotus
2011-06-08, 04:48 PM
Huntspawn eyes you eagerly, suppressing a chuckle as you step tentatively into the bucket. Seeing that no-one else is coming, he motions to the larger goblin to send them down.

The pulley operator grunts as he winds the winch to slowly lower the travellers. The bucket judders violently as it starts moving, but soon settles into a smooth motion. Each successive turn of the winch causes a loud creak, and a bell to ring from somewhere below.

A few minutes pass of this overweight goblin operating the winch. Barely a sweat has broken before he stops winding, and waits. Soon after, the rope twitches violently. Taking this as a signal to bring the bucket back up, the goblin duly complies - grunting violently, he operates the winch once more.

"So, who's next?" He exclaims once the bucket arrives once again, eyeing you with a toothy grin.

tuesdayscoming
2011-06-08, 05:01 PM
Her anxieties somewhat relieved by this first success, Elaren looks back at Marc and Nosanus, smiling. "Very well, gentlemen, shall we?" she says before stepping aboard.

Dirac Lotus
2011-06-10, 01:29 PM
The bucket sways slightly as you step on the lift, but gives no outward sign of giving way. Once Nosanus is on too, the lift operator gets back to work - sending the bucket once more into the well.

A few minutes later, the bucket returns - empty. "Last ones?" Grunts the operator.

The journey into the well is a dark one at that - there is little illumination save for the brief torch lining the cavern walls. After a while of descending, you reach an empty opening. You can just about make out a cast iron door in the far wall.

The bucket shows no sign of stopping however, and continues to send you downwards. Shortly thereafter, the bucket reaches the bottom of the chasm. Huntspawn greets you with his not-so-charming smile, and performs a quick head count before ushering you off.

The cavern the 'lift' deposited you in is remarkably bare. Little save for torches decorates the un-necessarily large room, made all the more solitary by the bored pair of goblin guards standing by the bucket.

Huntspawn leads you through a mouldy oak door on the far side of the cavern, into a well-carved corridor. This passageway extends for as far as you can see, intermittent torches providing constant illumination throughout. The occasional unarmed goblin opens one of the many doors littering the side walls, peers at you, then slams shut his door.

Your guide selects the first door on your right, opening it reveals a well furnished 'dormitory'. Four wooden bunk beds flank the engraved walls and the many paintings of goblins and landscapes. Atop a table in the middle of the room, is an oversized fruit bowl - bigger than Huntspawn himself.

"You sleep here for the night. I post guard outside. When you awake, you tell him to come get me, yes? I answer questions in morning when not so tired." As if to emphasize this, he gives an almighty yawn, before wandering off down the corridor.

EdroGrimshell
2011-06-10, 01:42 PM
"This is... interesting," Nerra says quietly before yawning and seeing who would use a bed before taking one herself, or the floor in her bedroll if the other beds were taken.

BluesEclipse
2011-06-10, 01:49 PM
Nodding, Rowen says, "Interesting, indeed."

big teej
2011-06-10, 02:17 PM
Marc strides to the far wall and leans against it.

I don't sleep very well after I'm woken up, all of you should get some sleep, I'll wake somebody if I start to doze.

Marc digs around inside his pack and pulls out a portable game board, planning to pass the time testing himself.

Dirac Lotus
2011-06-13, 05:39 PM
The night passes uneventfully. Sleep is easy on the comfortable bunks once you have grown accustomed to the idle noise of busying goblins. Once you have woken, and performed whatever necessary morning ritual you need, the guard outside your room heads off to fetch Huntspawn.

He returns a few minutes later, with a familiar - yet strangely different figure. Huntspawn seems to have grown overnight, almost doubling his girth. Twice the amount of piercings adorn his flesh, and orange paint covers the remaining visible skin. He also carries a silver tray of steaming bowls.

"Adventurers! You sleep well? You eat breakfast, yes?" With that, he offers you the piping bowl. It seems to contains some form of red, lumpy paste. "You have questions now, right? I do my best to answer, like promise." His over the top grin is just as you remember it.

EdroGrimshell
2011-06-13, 06:04 PM
Nerra looks at the bowl and then the goblin and shrugs, pulling her utility knife from her boot she takes a small amount and tastes it, it wasn't that different from what trail bars looked like before being dehydrated, only they were green, not red.

With the questions she decides she has one, "Could you tell us a bit about the gnome and your master and how they interact?" It was the major question that needed to be answered to determine exactly what was going on, so she thought it best to ask this first.

tuesdayscoming
2011-06-13, 09:33 PM
Elaren had left early in the morning, before many of her companions had woken up, going off to find a quiet place to summon the aspect of Focalor and bind him to her soul.

She returns just after the goblin walks in. She is once more weeping, as when she first arrived at their benefactor's home, and the others will notice (when she speaks) that her voice has lost its raspy gravel tone.

Coming in, Huntspawn's back is to her. "Oh, why hello," she says before the goblin turns, at which point she jumps slightly in to the air. "Oh! Huntspawn, I... I didn't recognize you! You seem to have... changed?"

Binding Check: [roll0]
Vestige Bound: Focalor
Pact Augmentation: +2 on Initiative Checks

Dirac Lotus
2011-06-16, 01:50 PM
"I leader now. More important" He shakes his arms wildly as he says this, causing his many piercings to jangle together. He grins with delight. "Gnome uses masters gate to go see him, I've never been through before - only Grubs was allowed." A thought seems to occur to him, as he starts leaping with joy, "But I can go now! I always wondered what's beyond gate, what master looks like. We only have Grubs pictures for that."

"We don't know exactly what they talk about, only that when Gnome first went there, Grubs started getting more angry with us. He pushed us much harder, made us start attacking other cubes more frequently, killing other clans. We stopped war with Orcs to do this, but they didn't stop war with us. We have lost many mines much like this because of that."

"We know Gnome comes and goes to strange house in clearing, on other face. But Grubs forbid us specifically from ever going near it."

tuesdayscoming
2011-06-16, 02:07 PM
"Curious. Yes, this house is where we came from." She steps into the room, making it easier for the goblin to address them all without turning. Sitting down on a bed, she continues.

"Has the gnome used this gate, do you know, within the last day or two? And when he came before, was he ever accompanied by anyone? A woman, perhaps?"

Dirac Lotus
2011-06-18, 06:05 PM
"Not sure if Gnome has used gate recently, current guards aren't due to come back for a while. And no, never seen a woman before. Gnome always travel alone when we see him."

BluesEclipse
2011-06-19, 06:40 AM
"I see..." Rowen replies. "I'd like to discuss this Master of yours at length later. Perhaps we'll be able to help, or find someone else that can, in ensuring he no longer has any power over you. Meanwhile, however, I believe we should focus on the gnome. That said, do you know where he is now?"

Dirac Lotus
2011-06-19, 11:42 AM
"I don't know for sure, but my guess would be that he is at masters gate. Maybe even gone through to see master. We last saw him heading that way. I can take you there maybe? But I warn you, non-goblins not allowed there without master's permission. Guards probably not even know Grubs dead, so won't listen to me."

EdroGrimshell
2011-06-19, 12:00 PM
"Maybe you should head there first and tell them that you were appointed the new shaman and take us there afterwards so that we won't have trouble. Maybe asking your master if we could be presented an audience with him. Preferably when Kelvan isn't there so he can't try to pin us as the bad guys."

big teej
2011-06-19, 01:48 PM
while listening to the conversation, Marc begins to pack up his game board. still wary of their erstwhile hosts.

and still very very eager to get to grips with the gnome. Marc's spines shudder slightly when his thoughts turn to the gnome.

tuesdayscoming
2011-06-20, 01:04 AM
Tears still flowing unbidden from her eyes, Elaren thumbs a lock of hair that had fallen in her face behind her ear.

"I am not so sure that announcing our presence would be a wise course of action. Or even to let it be known that you and we have met. Kelvan obviously holds some authority with your master. Your predecessor went to his death following Kelvan's advice, seemingly without blinking an eye. One of his troupe whom we left alive bit off his own tongue to spite us while we peacefully interrogated him."

"It seems that the tendrils of Kelvin's influence have worked themselves deep within your master's ear. And he has clearly demonstrated that he wishes our company harm."

"I propose, Huntspawn, that you should meet with your lord, and that you should discern what ends he and the gnome have prepared for you, your people, and our fellowship; but do not by any means let on that you have aided us. No good could come of it."

big teej
2011-06-20, 01:12 AM
Marc drops a piece from his game board and mutters in draconic in the tone of a man cursing.

This could go real bad, real quick. how do we know the whole tribe isn't chock full of fanatics?

Marc eventually nabs the game piece and looks up at everyone sheepishly.
Pardon my language

ooc: just barely caught myself from saying 'pardon my french' I imagine that wouldn't go over to well in a fantasy setting.

Dirac Lotus
2011-06-20, 01:35 AM
"You want me talk with master? Can do that, will start to assemble guards now. Gate is a some hours walk away, but should not take more than a day. You sure you don't want to come along?"

"I take Grubs body as proof. Will say I killed him, master likes that. Where is his corpse?"

Huntspawn seems to be getting quite excited with this idea, his beady, jaundiced eyes flickering around the room.

tuesdayscoming
2011-06-20, 01:49 AM
"I think it might be best if we did actually tag along, and found a space to observe the gate and watch for your return. I, for one, am not opposed to you claiming credit for the old chief's death, but are you sure that you will be able to convince your master of the bluff? If such is a talent of yours, you might also wish to mention that we had died as well."

Turning to her companions, a look of mixed concern and excited interest on her face, she asks, "What think all of you?"

EdroGrimshell
2011-06-20, 09:29 AM
Nerra shrugs as her idea is tossed, wasn't the first time, before saying, "I'll come along, my yumi* is good for keeping distance in case we're spotted and attacked"

*Yumi = Japanese longbow used by the samurai.

Dirac Lotus
2011-06-22, 01:06 PM
"Then without further delay, let us be off!" With those words Huntspawn strides out of the door, mutters a few words to the guard waiting outside, and leads you all to the lift. Then begins the arduous task of lifting you all to the surface.

Once you arrive at the top, a contingent of four goblins - each wearing a suit of banded mail and wielding a crossbow and halberd - greet you and salute Huntspawn. He grins with obvious pleasure.

"If anyone needs do preparations, now is time." He exclaims.

Huntspawn then begins to lead you slowly back through the forest, somehow navigating the dense thicket and bramble with complete ease.

After walking for about an hour, Huntspawn holds out his hand to signal you to stop. His four guard fan out and surround him, keeping low.

Nerra and Rowen:
You can just make out a small, rounded figure trying to remain hidden in the underbrush up ahead (about 80 feet away).

Nerra:
You notice movement in the brush next to the small figure. Whatever it is, it is even smaller.

EdroGrimshell
2011-06-22, 01:12 PM
Nerra looks towards the movement in the brush and taps each member of the party, icluding huntspawn and his guards, with the tip of her bow and levels the tips she tapped everyone with at the brush where the figure is hiding and the movement next to it.

tuesdayscoming
2011-06-22, 01:28 PM
Elaren, peering towards the brush, likely has a hard time making out what Nerra gestures towards.

She leans over slightly, whispering "What is it that you see?"

EdroGrimshell
2011-06-22, 01:32 PM
"A small figure and movement from an even smaller one," she says quietly, barely moving her lips, "one's trying to hide and the other is except it's moving to much."

big teej
2011-06-22, 01:48 PM
maybe I should go and say hello.. Marc mutters quietly as Nerra points out the movement in the brush.

"watcha think Rowen? want me to check it out?"
Marc's spines stand fully erect, echoing marc's eagerness to get to grips with a potential enemy.

BluesEclipse
2011-06-22, 05:23 PM
Rowen shakes his head at Marc as he recites the Words in a whisper. As the augmented sight takes hold, he focuses on the two figures, watching carefully, and quietly says to Marc, "We don't know if they're hostile or not... we'll wait and see for the moment."

Rowen - Truespeak: Recitation of the Unclouded Eye
Augmented: +1(Allows use of other Utterances/Incantations while in effect)
DC: 11
Truespeak Check: [roll0]

As the group stops, Nosanus looks around, straining his eyes and ears to see if any other potential threats are nearby.

Nosanus - Spot and Listen checks.
Spot: [roll1]
Listen: [roll2]

Dirac Lotus
2011-06-23, 01:43 AM
Huntspawn's guards pull out their crossbows and begin training them on the small figure up ahead. Huntspawn turns to you, a puzzled look on his face. "Why they no come out? What they waiting for?"

You can all just about make out the small shadow that Nerra pointed out, it does not appear to be moving.

Rowen:
Neither of the figures get picked out by your sight.

Nosanus:
You can't hear nor see anything, regardless - you get a bad feeling about this.

tuesdayscoming
2011-06-23, 03:37 AM
Elaren, made slightly nervous by this new development, shifts her grip in the armguard of her new tower shield. Casting a quick glance at Huntspawn and then redirecting her attention to the two figures, she speaks under her breath. "Any number of reasons. Scouts? Friendlies? Waiting for something bigger to make the first move?" Her voice in the faint wind of Acheron is just barely audible to those around her.

Still looking straight forward, she asks "Smell like anything you've encountered before, Nosanus?"

After his response, she asks"Shall I attempt to make contact, Rowen?"

BluesEclipse
2011-06-23, 07:56 AM
Nosanus shakes his head at Elaren, his eyes narrowed as he watches the figure carefully. Rowen, meanwhile, points towards the small shadow that Elaren mentioned, and says, "Huntspawn, I'm not certain what that is... we'll want to proceed with caution. Elaren... given where we are, it's best to assume that anything we meet is hostile unless they give us indication otherwise, like our friends here did." He nods in the direction of the goblins at the end of his sentence, and his hand moves to draw one of his annulats from under his coat. He whispers the Words again, reinforcing his augmented vision, and waiting to see what Huntspawn intends to do. "If this Master of yours is to believe we're dead, Huntspawn, we should try and avoid drawing attention to our continued survival. If it turns out this is something you and your men can't handle, though, we'll help you."