PDA

View Full Version : Character Advice

Hawkflight
2011-04-14, 01:16 PM
Hello,

I could use some thoughts about this character. For some reason, while he's supposed to be epic level, he feels decidedly ... un-epic, and out-shined by the other characters in to-hit, AC, damage, and pretty much anything else. Can anybody give me some advice on how to fix this?

http://www.coyotecode.net/profiler/view.php?id=10561

Classes are set in stone, but feats and items (except the tomes) are malleable.

Hawkflight
2011-04-16, 11:39 AM
Bump. 10 characters

Cog
2011-04-16, 12:25 PM
Unfortunately, I think your problem is in the class levels that you can't touch. A splash of ToB isn't enough to save a Fighter/Kensai, and while a Kensai can get a decent weapon early on (though it's still not a great option even then), that entire class is basically replicated by the pocket change of an Epic character.

There isn't really any focus in your feats, either. Melee types in 3.5 have a couple of options, mostly power attack combos and trip combos. A fullblooded ToB character can get around that to some degree, but again, a splash isn't going to be enough. Those combos don't really hold up into Epic levels anyway, but you don't really have any of those.

You were comparing this character to others. What are the other people in your group playing?

Hawkflight
2011-04-16, 01:01 PM
I forgot to mention, I took the Epic Magic feat from Epic Hero and applied it to my Swordsage's maneuvers, so availability of maneuvers shouldn't be a problem.

If I asked, I may be able to swap out a couple of class levels. I'd have to ask.