PDA

View Full Version : Pre-Made D&D 3.5 srd Characters??? Plz Help!

bensr25
2011-04-14, 05:15 PM
I needed to make a I really make an awesome d&d character, the thing is I always make a character and end up dieing because of my lack of strategies, not to mention that we have a completely dis functional party, I was hoping someone who is good with strategies could make me a character....

If someone where to help the guidelines are:

* Sources are nothing besides PHB and Book of Exalted Deeds.
* We all are using a Standard Point Buy System (25 points)
* I would prefer a Nuetral good aligned character
* I really want to make our party work together we don't have a healer of a fighter.... [ Sad I know :( ]
* I would like to be a moderately powerful caster with damage spells and some melee abilities...

Any help would be much appreciated if you have any characters or ideas you can either mail me on this site or provide info in form thans for time

vampire2948
2011-04-14, 05:22 PM
You should probably mention what level you're starting at.

The Cleric class sounds like it'd fit your needs - You could fill in for the lack of fighter, and the lack of healing.

TIPOT
2011-04-14, 05:24 PM
It might help if you gave a little more detail of the party composition (classes and what each character does so we can see what would fit in), style of campaign/what enemies you normally fight (eg so we don't suggest a rogue in a mainly undead based campaign or a beserker in a social intrigue game) and what level character you need.

Tael
2011-04-14, 05:26 PM
I Summon the Spirits of Char Op! Oh great and mighty wise ones, please bestow a build upon this newbie player!

*does the summoning dance*

But before that, what level and what house-rules (if any)?
They're kind of essential info.

Eldariel
2011-04-14, 05:28 PM
I needed to make a I really make an awesome d&d character, the thing is I always make a character and end up dieing because of my lack of strategies, not to mention that we have a completely dis functional party, I was hoping someone who is good with strategies could make me a character....

If someone where to help the guidelines are:

* Sources are nothing besides PHB and Book of Exalted Deeds.
* We all are using a Standard Point Buy System (25 points)
* I would prefer a Nuetral good aligned character
* I really want to make our party work together we don't have a healer of a fighter.... [ Sad I know :( ]
* I would like to be a moderately powerful caster with damage spells and some melee abilities...

Any help would be much appreciated if you have any characters or ideas you can either mail me on this site or provide info in form thans for time

Everything you say seems to point towards a Neutral Good Middle-Aged [Human] Druid 20 (on whatever level you're playing; stay Druid 1-20) - Gnome or Halfling also works if you want to ride Riding Dog or something (feats not that critical in Core); Gnome's stronger of the two (since you get Constitution) - adjust stats for racials to get something similar to listed. So, here's a quick build for one:

Str: 7 (-1 age; 0 points)
Dex: 10 (-1 age; 3 points)
Con: 14 (-1 age; 8 points)
Int: 10 (+1 age; 1 points)
Wis: 18 (+1 age; 13 points)
Cha: 10 (+1 age; 1 points)

That's 26 points. Drop 1 from either Dex, Cha or Int. Dex is the powergamer's option, your mileage may vary. If Age categories aren't game (they are in PHB at ability scores tho, so I wouldn't see why), go 17 Wis or dump Int/Cha/Dex, depending on how strong you wish to be.

EDIT: Duh. All level-up points obviously go to Wisdom.

Feats:
1. X
Human. Y
3. Z
6. Natural Spell

Take Leadership if allowed. Otherwise, go:
- Spell Focus: Conjuration > Augment Summoning
- Extend Spell
- Quicken Spell
- Spell Penetration > Greater Spell Penetration
- Craft XYZ
- Improved Initiative

in whatever order. Also, consider the feats in Monster Manual creatures use; Multiattack is quite useful with Wildshape for example.

Skills:
Max out Concentration; rest up to you. Spot/Listen/Spellcraft/Knowledge: Nature/Handle Animal are all v. good. You don't really need ranks in Survival; consider some other stuff. Cross-class Hide/Move Silently/Balance/Tumble/etc. are all sensible also. I'd always max Knowledge: Nature and Handle Animal since Druid without those two just makes 0 sense. Besides, Handle Animal gets you that Extremely Druidic Network Of Helpful Animals that bring you tidings and warnings and such when you're in the wilderness.

Hell, you could even Handle one animal that journeys alongside you in addition to your animal companion (since Handling Animal Companion is a free action and Move Action to handle anything else, so you can cast, Handle your other animal and then the Animal Companion all in one turn).

Companion:
- War-Trained Riding Dog
- Dire Bat
- Brown Bear
- Dire Lion
- Dire Bear
- Dire Tiger

as examples; most felines, canines, ursines and dinosaurs are good choices, as well as crocodiles, elephants and the like.

Spells: Control-spells (Entangle, Soften Earth and Rock, Sleet Storm, Ice Storm, etc.); the usual Call Lightnings, Produce Flames and such if you must have damage. Control Winds, summons, Giant Vermin (with high caster level) and eventually things like Shapechange are your most damaging abilities though. Can use Wands of Cure Light Wounds for healing (cost 750gp a piece, use out of combat to heal to full). Also buffs like Animal's X, Barkskin and company are fairly good.

Don't forget you can spontaneously convert spells to Summon Nature's Ally. Things like Thoqquas, Pixies and company have many non-fighting talents that can be useful. Also, of course, there's a ton of solid brawlers on the list and you have things like Animal Growth to boost them.

Wildshape from level 6 all day (lasts 12 hours total); before then stay back, cast few spells and let your animal companion do most of the fighting (it's as good a melee warrior as any Fighter in Core). Can ride and stay in Total Defense or something out of combat if you feel so inclined. Don't forget to get it Bardings, though (see PHB Armor For Unusually Sized Creatures for details). Remember that war-trained animals are proficient in armor so they can take heavier stuff; for others you prolly want to stick to Mw. Studded Leather Barding or Mithil Chain Barding. Yourself, you use Dragonhide Armors after the early game hide armor; you can get Dragonhide Breastplate around level 2-3 and eventually +1 Wild Dragonhide Breastplate and +1 Wild Heavy Wooden Shield. You can even pick Craft Magic Arms and Armor if you need to craft one yourself. Get Beads of Karma from Strand of Prayer Beads eventually to enhance your stats and then just Ioun Stones (Caster Level, Competence Bonus, Stat Bonuses, etc.) and Periapt of Wisdom +6 eventually (use the extra spell slots for buffing before you change in case DM rules you can't in any way wear magic items in Wildshaped form).

There, quickstart Druid. Healer, nuker, melee warrior, skill monkery. Happy hunting. Have a separate character sheet for your animal companion, and some kind of a list with quick stats for all animals you generally summon, have handled and such, btw. Otherwise it'll be kinda cumbersome in-game.