PDA

View Full Version : Kingmaker: Earning a Kingdom

TheArsenal
2011-04-14, 05:26 PM
Your all inside a wagon heading to an trading post on the southern border of Rostland. For your own unique reason you volunteered to be part of the expidition to reclaim at least a part of the stolen lands. You have all also received a letter saying:

Be it so known that the bearer of this charter has been charged
by the Swordlords of Restov, acting upon the greater good and
authority vested within them by the office of the Regent of the
Dragonscale Throne, has granted the right of exploration and travel
within the wilderness region known as the Greenbelt.

Exploration should be limited to an area no further than thirty-six miles east and west and sixty miles south of Oleg’s Trading Post. The carrier of
this charter should also strive against banditry and other unlawful
behavior to be encountered.
The punishment for unrepentant banditry
remains, as always, execution by sword or rope. So witnessed on this
24th day of Calistril, under watchful eye of the Lordship of Restov
and authority granted by Lord Noleski Surtova, current Regent of
the Dragonscale Throne.

The wagon in nothing more than a delivery thingy so your just sitting on crates. You have about ten minutes until you arrive at the outpost.

Volos
2011-04-14, 05:54 PM
Wolfgang Temenos (http://i51.tinypic.com/290qz4x.jpg) holds his hand out toward his horse, who for the moment is tied to the back of this wagon. He has a bit of feed in his hand, letting the horse partake of it it as it wishes. "To be a pioneer..." He says to himself, but with no real attempt to keep it under his breath. If others heard him, so be it. His companion, Arkose (http://i54.tinypic.com/2uf9jwl.jpg), was in the woods, having a bit of fun running about after being forced to stay on the wagon for a good portion of the trip. Arkose keeps himself hidden as much as possible, making it a game between friends. If he could be spotted, then he lost. But if he remained undetected, then he had won. Winning usually involved a treat or some other reward at Wolfgang's discretion.

Arkose is attempting to use Stealth [roll0]

Wolfgang is taking a 10 on Perception, to give Arkose a challenge. With a +10 Modifer, that's a total of 20.

Hussam B.
2011-04-14, 06:39 PM
Stephan Beloi

Stephan glanced around lazily as they neared their destination, finding that he had fallen asleep in spite of the uncomfortable surroundings, and not without consequence; a quick stretch in tune with a waking yawn revealed several stinging cramps from the uncomfortable nap.

"Ooh, that smarts!", began the Human as rubbed the troublesome area, taking a moment to glance aside to make sure that his belongings are still beside him.

Then the bard tried adjusting himself as best as he could, even though he was of only average height, he still felt cramped in the delivery wagon, both by his companions and the wagon-owner's crates.

Still fresh from his nap, Stephan rubbed his tired brown eyes then tried to tidy his flowing black hair and his mustache, though lacking a mirror, he made do as best as he can.

Sighing, the bronze skinned man then looked to his companions and smiled, though tired, "Well, only a few more minutes to go, then we will finally be at Oleg’s Trading Post, I don't know about you but if I see the insides of another accursed delivery wagon, it would be far too soon, no offense intended, driver"

TheArsenal
2011-04-15, 02:30 AM
Remember, none of you know who the people next to you are. Perhaps introductions are in order?

Hussam B.
2011-04-15, 11:36 AM
Chuckling at his light jab at their transport vehicle, he once again turned to his companions, "So...", he began as he attempted to figure out how to word his inquiry, I suppose if we are going to fighting bandits together in the Greenbelt, we should get to know each other more..."

Clearing his throat, he addressed his companions, "I am Stephan Beloi, I hail from Skywatch, the crown of the Northern hills and seat of the Orlovskys, and like you, I am drawn here by the Swordlords' promises of land and title to whoever can take back these "stolen lands" and I look forward to working with each and every one of you in working towards this."

"I am, in addition to a reasonably capable archer, a man of words, a studier of lore, a practitioner of the illusionary arts, a lover, a fighter, jack of all trades, superior to the master of one, but commonly referred to as a "bard"".

TheArsenal
2011-04-15, 12:48 PM
NPC: Bold+ Grey Color.

The somewhat tired man at the front of the two horse drawn wagon (with an leather thingy draped over the skeletal insides (Not actually made of bone) of the wagon)
turns his head back and says:

"The wagon stops in aboot 10 minutes lads, I would get ready fer gettin off.

Volos
2011-04-15, 03:34 PM
"Wolfgang Temenos, I hail from Southern Brevoy just outside of the Stolen Lands. I'm accustomed to working the land, but now that I have none I wish to claim part of the Greenbelt as my own." The half-elf smiles warmly, patting his horse on the nose before putting the minimal amount of feed away. His eyes look for his companion, but cannot seem to find him. Suddenly Arkose jumps out of the shadows, making a happy yip of a bark. Wolfgang chuckles and catches the Wolf with his chest as he is suddenly set upon. "And this is Arkose, my good friend and trusted companion. He's wild, but listens to me quite well despite that. He really is quite friendly once you get to know him. We're both looking forward to being pioneers of these 'Stolen Lands'. My skills are attuned to work with nature in all of her forms. I was, until recently, aiding my family in the nurture of crops. Now I have discovered that my talents can affect the natural world as well as the domesticated one. I am trained in the use of my scimitar as well as the most ancient of magic. Arkose has been trained to attack any threat, and will not back down from even the most terrible of foes unless I command it." Wolfgang pushes Arkose aside, allowing the Wolf to lay in the wagon as he unties his black steed and mounts it. Once in the saddle, he seems more relaxed.

TheArsenal
2011-04-16, 02:13 AM
Through the front hole of the wagon, you can see in the distance a small fort-like structure made of wood. The ground is grassy and the road is non existent. Simply a line of land slightly more flat. The horses are walking slowly, tired after a days worth of travel. The ride is slightly bumpy, with a slight jump every few seconds.

Naki
2011-04-16, 01:38 PM
The half elf sat on a crate, spinning a single bolt in his hand, casually regarding the others as they spoke, "I am Aidran Spiritmarrow, at your service." He grinned as stopping spinning the bolt and gripped it in hand, "A Rostlander by nature, and quick-tongued by birth. Or was it the other way around, I never could recall."

He slipped the bolt back into it's case, before producing a book, "As for why I'm here, every future king needs someone to tell their tale, no? I just couldn't help myself, there's bound to be a good story to be told here, and I just have to be the one to tell it. The brave Brevoy King, and his sharp and handsome half-elven sharpshooter. Sounds like a brilliant tale to me."

Hussam B.
2011-04-16, 03:55 PM
"HA! And what a tale would that be!", cheered the Bard, "But why write it down? such a tale needs to fly free from the constrictions of the written word, so it may prosper in the hearts and minds of the good people of Brevoy and maybe even beyond!", chuckled Stephan, glad to see another "enthusiast" of the tale.

"I can see we are going to get along just fine, Aidran Spiritmarrow", smiled Stephan, "Though, I am curious of the "Sharpshooter" part...", lighting up as he thought of something then shrugged and slumped back, "After all, you Rostlanders and your Swordlords seem to have more tales on martial melee combat than marksmanship, and forgive me if I sound skeptical...", smirking as he wondered if he'd get a rise from the Rostlander.

Stephan then raised himself up and gestured to the settlement, "Ahead lays our destination, Oleg's Post, there will bound to be an inn for weary travelers. Allow me to propose a little... hmm... let's call it a "competition"; a marksmanship competition, the winner will have the privilege of being treated to the establishment's finest in food and drink by his generous and humble rival..."

He then turned to Wolfgang, "While I let our writer friend here consider my offer, allow me to say; Well met to you too, Wolfgang Temnos" greeted Stephan politely, "I had slightly suspected that we were being stalked by a fierce wild beast, though maybe not too intently as you can tell from my little slumber back then, but I am glad to know it was your animal companion -is that the correct term?- all along, by any chance, are you a ranger?"

Volos
2011-04-16, 04:28 PM
Wolfgang lets out a hearty laugh at the antics of the bard, finding his words welcome after such a long and somewhate boresom ride on this wagon. From atop his horse, the half-elf replies. "A ranger...? No, I am a simple seeker of wisdom, one who speaks with the trees to be taught what they know. Therefor I am a Druid. Yes, I suppose 'animal companion' is the correct term. I just think of him as my friend." The half-elf strokes his chin for a moment before continuing. "Aidran, if you and Stephan are to have a contest of markmanship, then please allow me to be the judge. My eyes are keen, as are most half-elves'. My time training to be a Druid taught me how to spot the smallest of birds from the greatest of distances. I'm sure I can follow the path of an arrow or bolt with similar ease."

Naki
2011-04-16, 11:39 PM
Aidran chuckled, "And what's wrong with writing a good story down? It allows me to add all the flourishing little details - with consistency, I might add. Not that I don't enjoy a good tall tale or two. Or tell them." He stuffed the book back into his coat, and sets the heavy crossbow down beside him on the crate, patting it a few times.

"As for the 'swordlord' deal, I never made that claim, now did I? Besides, I never got the whole idea of 'Let's not wear anything but our robes and swing sharp metal sticks at each other!' Rostland courts are... confusing." Aidran shrugged, leaning back, "However, I'd take you up on the marksmanship contest, but there'd have to be no funny business. It's considerably less fun to have to retell the tale with '...and the dashing crossbowman lost because he didn't know magic.' It's just lets the reader, or audience, down. No fun in that, after all. And no one wants to hear about our hero, ahem, I mean, hero's best friend losing to the bard."

TheArsenal
2011-04-17, 01:50 AM
And then the wagon stops with a slight jolt. You are now near a wooden keep with its doors wide open. Inside you see a bunch of small houses (Here is a nice provided map)

http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy146/MasterOfThePlanes/image2993.png

On the roof of the larger building sits a balding man age 50-60 fixing a hole. He turns his head to your direction to acknowledge your arrival.
Next to you is another cart, seemingly arrived recently. The areas surrounding the keep are just mostly grassy plains.
(Please note my Medieval is very bad, if somebody could give me a few tips on how to speak medieval I would be very thankful)

Time fer gettin off. And if une a yeh wouldn't mind please grab that crate over by the cage a chickens and hand it to Oleg I would be very thankful.

Volos
2011-04-17, 02:15 AM
Wolfgang appears to be busy with directing Arkose to come down from the wagon while also directing his horse to a place where it can be stabled or simply tied off. "I would, but I have my friends to attend to." The half-elf leads Arkose inside while dismounting his horse. He makes sure he has his letter of summons on his person and readily accessable. If it wasn't for the training, Arkose wouldn't have come inside the keep. And if it was any other horse than the one that grew up knowing Wolfgang's companion, he wouldn't have been able to lead the horse anywhere but away from Arkose.

TheArsenal
2011-04-17, 02:45 AM
You are greeted by the man on the roof.

Eh, so I see the next batch of cannon fodder has arrived. Youl never manage, Ive lived here long but the stolen lands have remained "stolen" longer than you have lived.

You see an old woman (50-60) walking out out of another part. She has a smile on her face but seems rather frantic

Oh thank Erastil you'v arrived, I was afraid they where telling me fancy fibs to get me to shut up. I see you have a horse with you....and a wolf.....well thats none of my business, but make your selfs at home! OLEG! Get down from that rooftop and help this young man with his horse!

Oleg gives a annoyed look and slides down the hole in the stable.

Well anyway you have arrived just in time! Their arriving tomorrow and the last time they almost murdered us.

Hussam B.
2011-04-17, 03:16 AM
"What?! Give up my treasured pillow as tribute to the lord of this keep?", said Stephan jokingly as he retrieved the crate, "I will do so, but only with a heavy and injured heart, another toll I must pay on my noble quest. Really, sometimes I wonder if it's worth it all"

Charming fellow..., mumbled Stephan after their "warm" welcome by the Bald man above, who he assumed to be Oleg, judging for his manner of speech.

"Good Desna, Murdered you?", wondered Stephan, somewhat raising his eyebrow, "What? This keep? It looks very sturdy to me, unless you are telling me that we are facing an invading army complete with battering equipment and magical bombardment, I am sure a ragtag band of thugs are nothing to worry about. In fact, my friend and I are looking to settle a little marksmanship arguement between the two of us, what do you think, Aidran?"

"By the way, This is for you, Oleg, I persume?", presenting the crate, "May it serve you well in the nights ahead", he said with a faint smile

TheArsenal
2011-04-17, 03:30 AM
The womans smiling face turns into a shocked and saddened face.

So you dont know! I knew it, those bastards, I knew they could never keep thier word.....*Sigh*. 3 months ago some bandits found this keep and demanded we pay tribute. Its just me and Oleg working this keep, and those ballistas? Those pieces of scrap aren't even fixed yet. What could we do? Close the doors? We may be old but were not fools. Thied simply torch the place. I asked the Swordlords to send some protection. They said that it would arrive in....roughly 3 days from now, but they also mentioned that an explorer party was sent to help us...I guess e would make do with what we got. Pleese sirs help us. Im sure we would make it worth your while?

Oleg walks out of the building and grabs the crate from you with and with a sarcastic
Thank you very much

Takes it back into the building

Never mind him, says the woman.
You must understand he is just somewhat weary. We moved here to avoid the bustle of the streets and now he found out about that some groups are sent to establish kingdoms here. He's just very pridefull you see, Im sure he would have killed himself defending his keep if it wherent for me. Anyway, who are you fellow lads?

Hussam B.
2011-04-17, 03:50 AM
"Ah yes, where are my manners, I am Stephan Beloi, Bard from Skywatch", introduced Stephan, "This is Wolfgang Temenos, a druid, you've noticed his companion, Arkose.", gesturing to the Half-Elf and his wolf, "And this Rostlander Half Elf is Aidran Spiritmarrow, who claims to be of an above average marksmanship skill", grinning towards Aidran before turning back to the Woman.

"I assure you, fair Lady of the Keep, that we are more than capable of dealing with the rabble of brigands that threaten you and this keep, I reckon a few arrows in their hides, courtesy of Aidran and I, should make them think twice before threatening you again.", proclaimed Stephan, full of confidence.

He pondered slightly, "Besides the walls of the Bailey, we could take a look at fixing those Ballistas, but I am not sure if we have the craftsmanship to do anything about that, any thoughts, friends?"

TheArsenal
2011-04-17, 04:43 AM
Oh Thats Wonderfull. You looked like a bunch of dependable lads. Their arriving tomorow to take thier monthly tribute. Im sure we can discuss the "Battle tactics" with Oleg over dinner. Ive got a pleasant feast prepared!

Oh and I almost forgot, Im Svetlana. Sure, check out the ballistas not sure what you can do with them.

Oleg walks out again and says.....

Thanks...The Stable is over there in case your not planing on sleeping with your horse in your bed....Is that a wolf?

Volos
2011-04-17, 04:58 AM
Wolfgang begins to lead his horse toward the stables once Oleg has pointed them out to him. He pauses for a moment when the old man makes mention of Arkose being a wolf. "Yes, Arkose is a Wolf." He stables his horse, making sure that it would be comfortable before coming out and handing Oleg payment for stabling his horse for the night. "He's as harmless as a pet dog, but much better at killing his prey. He's 'tame' as far as you are concerned." The half-elf smiles toward the woman, making a hand gesture and bowing slightly. "Thank you for your kindness, Svetlana. If we defeat these bandits for you, would you mind being a base of operations for us? It would be nice to have somewhere to return to throughout our adventures." Wolfgang was already thinking of how to fight back these bandits. He had some spells he could use, but not much else.

TheArsenal
2011-04-17, 05:29 AM
Yes um....Excuse me about my remarks

Says Oleg with a bewildered look on his face.

Just never seen one of them tamed wolfs...You one of those nature planters or such? Either way I appreciate your help. Just in truth, im somewhat worried about the expansion of Brevoy

Svetlana Nods with a new smile on her face

Sure sure, Id be happy to give you a place to re-

5silvers a night grumbles Oleg. Im sure you adventuring folk wouldn't mind. You may stay for free until more help arrives though...

Tydorei
2011-04-17, 07:11 AM
A woman in sage leathers could be seen existing the other carriage with a sword on her hip and numerous daggers on her person. Her hair is the color of fresh blood and displayed in a rather simple hairstyle, straight down with a part on the right side. You figure she doesn't go out often as her skin looks fairer than most travelers and common folk. Her facial features were prominent: strong jaw, high check bones, wide mouth, and a high bridge on her nose. The womans eye color matched the sage of her leathers and her lips crimson like her hair.
http://img839.imageshack.us/img839/4527/yep.jpg

As she neared the new arrivals she poke with an accent that quickly cued you in that she was an Issian. "I would hope that offer extends to me as well good sir. Or you think these three here shall be enough? They certainly don't like the confidence." The woman said the latter with a slight smirk at Stephan.

Hussam B.
2011-04-17, 09:04 AM
Stephan raised an eyebrow at the newcomer, not lacking in confidence indeed, he thought as he smiled and gave a low bow to her.

"Stephan Beloi, at your service. Far be it from me to deny a helping soul from lending a hand, though it would be useful to know how such a fine and fair lady such as yourself could help these good folk in the battle, even more useful would be a name to call a new ally, miss...?"

TheArsenal
2011-04-17, 11:32 AM
Just a Note For all you Folks:
Charisma Doesn't always mean Charming. Charisma means how strongly do you exert your personality, your character traits ect.
So A hatefull spiteful person with high charisma would be like an evil Samuel Jackson
Or a Story writer would constantly engaging in chit chat connected to stuff.

Charisma can manifest in many ways:
A quirky charismatic person could make you laugh, ease you in a conversation, get the person in front of you feel at home, and relaxed.

A More Solem charismatic person could simply clearly exert his ideas and forms in such a way that it simply shatters the opponents thinking process (Such as answering questions for your opponent).

In relation to Sorcerers its more of a Devotion. Their concentration on getting power simply leaves an aura of "Woa" around the person, making them more uncomfortable and more willing to agree.

Not every Charismatic person can convince another.

What I mean by this is tell me what kind of Charismatic you are so I can take note of it. So the Next time you use Diplomacy I can make a mental +3 -3 in how the person felt

Svetlanas eyes open in shock but then relaxes

Oh sorry, I just mistook you for one of the bandits. So your one of the explorers...Well the more the merrier as they say.
Come on in.

She points at the Top right building.

Volos
2011-04-17, 12:53 PM
Wolfgang follows Oleg in toward the building where the man's wife was leading everyone. Arkose, seeing Wolfgang pat his leg with two fingers, follows closely. "I don't see how your remarks merrit an excuse. I've never heard of someone being accustomed to seeing a grown Wolf within their town, village, or keep. The wagon driver had a fright when he saw Arkose 'chasing us'. I am what is called a Druid, a wise man and tree talker. We aid those in my homeland with the care of crops, yes. 5 silver a night? And for my horse?" Wolfgang heard of a custom called bartering, but didn't truely wish to try his hand at it. Arkose was just about to follow him inside, but then Wolfgang points downward while tapping his foot once. The Wolf turns around and sits next to the door on the ground outside, his eyes alert to any danger or new presence. Arkose doesn't challenge any who were on the wagon or the new woman who seems to have made friendly with Stephan.

Gave Arkose the 'Stay' and 'Defend' commands. I can handle my animal companion as a free action.

TheArsenal
2011-04-17, 01:14 PM
Pay the Silver later. Horses are 1Silver. And about the Wolf..... Have a bloody flying bear for all its worth, as long as its trained....Which it seems it is... (Says Oleg with a cautious but somewhat impressed look on his face) .Say If your a "Druid" why you planning to colonize this untamed wilderness? Aside from the bandits?

Volos
2011-04-17, 01:30 PM
Wolfgang sees how impressed the man is, but doesn't understand why. "I believe that civilization and nature can harmonize. Whom better to colonize the wilderness than Druid? I can teach people which trees to take, how to hunt the animals that can take having new predators, and how to claim a small amount of the land as their own. I wasn't born under a rock, I know that people will take the land one way or the other. Might as well help them make less of an impact and get more from it. The bandits need to be dealt with so that I can do all this. Your wife said they've been here before. How many of them are there?"

TheArsenal
2011-04-17, 01:34 PM
All in Favour of Skipping to the Dinner scene where Oleg Discusses the whole bandit story say ai.

TheArsenal
2011-04-17, 02:22 PM
You share a hearty meal, with a hearty stew, warm bread, and Stelana has
even opened a bottle of wine to thank you for your help.

After the Meal, Oleg Clears his thought.

So Here Is the Situation, Says Oleg.

3 months ago a group.... the bandits found our keep. They have been visiting every sunrise for the next two months.

On the First visit,

There were a dozen of them. 10 thugs led by a cloaked man
armed with a bow, and a woman who carried two small
hatchets. The woman did the majority of the talking
on that first trip, and her black sense of humor and
the way she smiled when she spoke of what fate would
await Svetlana if I didn’t comply frightened
Svetu (The Name is Russian so thats how you pronounce it in a more kind tone). The woman also seemed to be
particularly sharp and observant, whereas the man
seemed to be a bit more crude and foolish. That Bitch almost lopped off my right arm with one of her hatchets! And Then, that filthy woman took Svetlana’s wedding ring right off her hand and tossed it to one of
her men as payment for “not shortening my reach.”

Oleg breathes in deeply and Continues.

On the second and third visit, only the crude hooded
man accompanied the bandits. The second visit, he
came with only six other men, while on the third he only
came with four. I think they think we've given up already. Hopefully, when
they visit tomorrow they’ll be even fewer in number, and
hopefully the woman with the hatchets won’t be with them.

What do you think?

Hussam B.
2011-04-18, 07:26 AM
"My, isn't that very social of them, now?", commented Stephan, "But I am guessing they're not visiting for the sake scenic view; What do they want exactly from you?"

Naki
2011-04-18, 11:58 AM
Leaning back, Aidran frowned, "I'm sure that this is hard, but could you elaborate on the 'fate' these bandits had in store? Perhaps it'll make it clearer what kind of people we're dealing with."

Producing some charcoal, and his book, the writer began taking notes, "Also, is there something in the Stolen Lands that might cause the bandit's numbers to dwindle, outside of incredibly obvious dangers. If they took to living there, I assume that they'd be up to defending themselves from the usual things." He only took a moment to look up, tapping a finger against his lips, before he makes an 'Ah!' noise, and mutters to himself, writing in his book as he does so, "...innkeep is.... one-armed... loses arm... to... bandits..."

TheArsenal
2011-04-18, 11:59 AM
They can gaze as long as they want, but each time they visit they take their monthly "tax". The Bandits don't look very organized.

Their clothes are mostly random, with different folks bearing the mantles of robbing us blind each time. The Only common was that woman with the hatchets and that hooded man.

And Im not sure whats making thier ranks go down, I thought it was that they where getting cocky by the way they acted, but your right, maybe its some other threat..

Note: Is it that your making slight fibs about Oleg, or do you realy think he lost an arm?

Volos
2011-04-18, 12:05 PM
Wolfgang sighs heavily, not enjoying the idea of harm falling on these good people. After reviewing what options he had at his disposal, he suddenly asks, "What sort of weapons do the bandits use? Are they more interesting in getting up close or do they attack from far away? I have a spell that could tie them up, make it easier to talk to them or defeat them if that needs to be the case." Wolfgang smirks, thinking more on this while awaiting a responce.

TheArsenal
2011-04-18, 12:15 PM
Knives, Swords, mostly random weaponry. The hooded Bastard always carries around a Bow and arrow while the beastress has her favorite hand axes.

Sveta, could you make sure that the gates are closed?

Svetlana leaves, knowing that Oleg just wants some privacy.

Volos
2011-04-18, 01:35 PM
"A bow you say? Then what I was planning will work quite well. Do they arrive by foot or on horseback? How would you feel about recieving some new horses after this fight is over? I already have a steed, so if we are to capture what horses they may bring with them then my friends may want one for themselves. There may be some left over for you and your wife if you want." Wolfgang seemed rather confident for someone who didn't know exactly what it was he was going to be facing tomorrow. He turns to the rest of the party of adventurers. "I have magic that can hamper their movement and make ranged attacks all but pointless. I also have magic that can calm what horses or other animals they bring to drag away their 'take' that they think they are coming to claim. How can we best take advantage of my abilies for this fight? Arkose could spook them or their horses toward my magic, but what then? You wouldn't be able to approach with swords or clubs, you would have to attack them at range."

Hussam B.
2011-04-18, 01:44 PM
"Wolfgang, my friend", chuckled Stephan, "You know very well that Aidran and I have still yet to resolve which of us is the better shooter, and I think our latest -but not leastest- member here may have mentioned something about being a ranger?", Stephan said looking towards their Redheaded newcomer.

TheArsenal
2011-04-18, 01:48 PM
Yes they go by Horseback.

Look um...I don't know how good you are at this but I can be bait if you want. Il ask them to come inside, they'l get off their horses and you can ambush them inside the keep, next to the doors...and where you serious about the horses?

Volos
2011-04-21, 07:17 PM
"Well then ranged attacks should be no problem. Their steeds might break free of the grasses that I call to grab them, so perhaps we should use it as a last resort? Shooting from above sounds like a sound plan, as well as using the buildings and stables here for cover. That way no one gets hurt falling from above and we can defend one another if things get rough. And yes, good sir, I was planning on offering you what steeds we have no use for. As I understand they are expensive, but it could be payment for you to allow us to use your keep here as a base of operations. Is that fair?" Wolfgang did have a concept of monetary value, unlike those savage druids one has heard of. He just didn't see the use in keeping animals he couldn't sell in the immediate future. Might as well get on this man's good side. He couldn't talk pretty, but he could over a sizeable gift. That is if the rest of the group agreed.

TheArsenal
2011-04-22, 04:17 AM
Huh....Well if its as payment... then I can accept......Otherwise you have a rather sound plan. What can your teammates offer?

Hussam B.
2011-04-23, 06:01 AM
"Not a bad concept for a plan", agreed Stephan, "We should look around the courtyard, before we retire at least, to see how it can be implemented, otherwise I look forward to giving the arrow's shaft to our cloaked friend."

Volos
2011-04-24, 11:13 AM
"If we can avoid harming the horses, then I can easily calm them. I may have to prepare different magic for that purpose, but it can be done. Fighting a mounted foe, even one untrained in horseback combat, is not an ideal situation. Having to worry about both blade and hoof can be bothersome. Arkose may not be able to strike at much of anything other than their boots if they don't dismount. Oleg we will have to use you as bait after all. Wolfgang sighs, rubbing his eyes as his ears focus on Arkose outside. "Once they dismount, we can attack from multiple sides. I can have my companion attempt to disable the leader, bringing him down by taking his legs out from under him. I doubt the common bandits will know what to do once their leader is helpless."

Morty
2011-05-04, 08:25 AM
Maxim (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=294131) has been quiet through most of the discussion. Now, however, he speaks up. I don't think we'll have much trouble with some rabble from Stolen Lands used to preying on the weak.

TheArsenal
2011-05-04, 11:03 AM
Maxim (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=294131) has been quiet through most of the discussion. Now, however, he speaks up. I don't think we'll have much trouble with some rabble from Stolen Lands used to preying on the weak.

Uh morty. Your a bit Confused. I wanted to say that YOU where the ones just arriving in the other wagon.

So Yeah. All new players are currently at the gate of the Keep in another cart.

DaedalusMkV
2011-05-04, 01:23 PM
A dark-clothed hooded figure sits quietly in the wagon, writing something in a large leather-bound tome. He hasn't said a lot on the journey, except for expressing occasional curiousity at plants or animals he sees along the way. He wears a backpack which clinks softly as he walks and his vest and cloak are covered with dozens and dozens of pockets filled with bags of dry powders and vials of some sort of liquid as well as a handful of clay pots and bottles. While his loose clothing covers his body from neck to foot and he wears a pair of fine moleskin gloves over his hands, his dark red eyes and the occasional glimpse of some sort of growths on his forehead make it quite clear that he isn't strictly human.

When he arrives at the fort he frowns slightly, then shakes his head and walks confidently inside. Isn't this exactly what he wanted, after all? He nods to the guard and shows him the papers that mark him out as one of the group sent to reclaim the Stolen Lands, but looking close it almost seems like the hooded figure's red eyes glow slightly in the dim twilight. Overall, it's hard not to be unnerved by the figure.

Finally, he reaches the tavern and quickly opens the door and slips inside. "Hello. My name is Enthis, and I am looking for the rest of the group empowered by the Swordlords to reclaim this region."

Morty
2011-05-04, 01:46 PM
((Hm. Alright. I wasn't very clear.))

Maxim has been sitting grimly on the wagon, not saying a word through the entire journey. The company hardly seems appropriate for a man of his birth, but it is something he will have to endure. When they arrive, he hops off the wagon and adjusts his backpack and seathed sword. The tall, armor-clad man steps forward towards the gate, but one of his companions seems to have got there first.

TheArsenal
2011-05-04, 02:05 PM
So each character doesn't end up going in at the same time yet seperatly Il just say that the gate is locked. The Front is Illuminated by two torches (One almost out).

DaedalusMkV: Can I call you Daedal (So I don't have to copy your name each time?). You do'nt know where the Tavern is and there is no guard.

Anyway One Last time. Lets get this right so that our actions are synchronized with each other.

As the carriage stops,

The man who was in control of the carriage says:

"Well. This is the Place. I guess its time for you to get off."

DaedalusMkV
2011-05-05, 02:35 AM
(OOC: Sure, I guess. I generally go by Daedalus, since the last bit is only to get around the fact that that name is usually taken, but I'll know who you're talking to.)

Enthis turns to the cart driver and replies, "Yes, that's perfectly clear. Perhaps you can open the gate, to allow us access?" He then spryly jumps down from whe wagon, the numerous pieces of glass and metal on his body clinking together softly. "I'd rather not wait out here in the dark. I'll never get any work done..."

TheArsenal
2011-05-05, 02:42 AM
"Eh, im not in charge ah that. Oleg is the guy that runs the place. Not sure if he's awake though. Well getting yelled at by Oleg is better than spending the rest of the night outside I guess."

Morty
2011-05-05, 03:31 PM
Most definetly, Maxim remarks dryly. So do let us in.

TheArsenal
2011-05-05, 03:55 PM
"I dont have the keys! If you want in, KNOCK! Im not knocking! The Last time Oleg threw a rock at me!"

Morty
2011-05-05, 05:23 PM
Maxim sighs. Have it your way. He walks over to the door and knocks on it loudly.

DaedalusMkV
2011-05-06, 11:43 AM
Enthis moves up to stand just behind his bulkier companion, muttering softly to himself under his breath. Just before Maxim knocks on the door, however, the hooded man turns his head to the left and runs right to the edge of the fort's wall, his faintly luminescent eyes narrowed, then crouches down. "Fascinating. I've never seen one of these before... Best gather some samples, just in case." Then, humming quietly to himself he pulls another glass jar and some sort of small knife out of his pockets and sets to work dissecting the plant and storing it for future study. The process takes just under a minute, after which he walks slowly back to stand in exactly the same place he was in before he left.

TheArsenal
2011-05-06, 11:55 AM
The Knock echoes loudly. After 5 Seconds you hear Footsteps and the words

"Im Coming!"

5 Seconds later a voice is heard on the other side of the gate gate. The Voice is defiantly Feminine

A Small slit opens in the gate and a pair of eyes look through.

Who is it?

Hussam B.
2011-05-06, 03:21 PM
"Ah, it seems we have more visitors, mayhaps fellow tourists come to admire the fine architecture of this quaint and illustrious keep?", grinned Stephan to old Oleg as they heard the echoes of the knock reverberating throughout the structure.

Morty
2011-05-06, 04:15 PM
We've been summoned here for an expedition to reclaim the Stolen Lands. Let us in, Maxim says in a commanding tone.

TheArsenal
2011-05-06, 04:54 PM
Oh... You must be part of the Other Convoy! Exclaims the woman.

She Opens the Gate.

Oh Come on in. Im Svetlana.

Svetlana Looks like a middle aged blond woman. Greying slightly.

DaedalusMkV
2011-05-06, 08:08 PM
The man behind Maxim looks at her for a few moments, his eyes narrowed, and then says "I'm Enthis. Here's our papers. I don't suppose you have an alembic, do you?" Seeing her obvious reaction, he sighs and starts walking through the gate. "Of course not. Well, at least there's no angry mobs around here. Never did appreciate those. Well, Max, let's meet up with the others so we can deal with those bandits. I won't be able to set up a proper lab until they're gone..." The strange-looking man leads the way into the keep, turning his head and staring whenever something catches his attention. He doesn't pay much attention to those around him; humans really aren't all that interesting, most of the time.

TheArsenal
2011-05-07, 10:50 AM
A Few Notes to Deadalus

No Need to Quote.

You made me look up Alembic >=(

And Stop jumping the Gun! You don't know that bandits had attacked! But Ok, lets ignore that tidbit

Oh Im not sure I have one, but I do think that Bodek Probably has one....Hes the Alchemist living east of here.

She Leads you into one of the buildings inside the small keep.

Inside you see a group of people talking. At the head of the table a middle aged man is conversing with the other group of adventurers: two half elves, and a Black haired human. Near the table patiently sits a wolf.

You Heard this:

I doubt the common bandits will know what to do once their leader is helpless."

Hussam B.
2011-05-07, 01:27 PM
Heh, Arsenal,

Actually, the Swordlords did send us to get rid of bandits, at least though in general and otherwise clear the stolen lands, so he's not really jumping the gun...not too much at least :P

"Ah, welcome!", greeted Steohan the new arrivals, "I was wondering who'd been rat-tat-tattling at Oleg's door, please come on and bask in our gracious host's magnificent hospitality", he smiled as he bowed dramatically to Oleg, "More fellow travelers we'd welcome the table, if nothing more brings you here maybe?", he inquired with a riddling tone on the purpose of the newcomers.

Morty
2011-05-07, 03:41 PM
Maxim gives a formal bow. We have been called here to help reclaim this part of the Stolen Lands. I assume that is what was being discussed here before we entered.

Naki
2011-05-09, 08:12 AM
Aidran turns in his chair to eye the newcomers, before making a few more jots, "I don't know - I was hoping we could turn the conversation to something more uplifting - we can always talk about bandits, I'm sure someone will find it within their generosity to try and kill us if we look hard enough."

He closed up his small book and stuffed it back into his jacket, before standing, he bows to the newcomers, "Aidran Spiritmarrow, writer and sniper. Our tight-lipped friend here is Wolfgang, druid by trade, and Stephan here," He slaps him on the back, with a grin, "has expressed that he is a jack of all trades, and master of music. I suspect you two have skills to match."

The half elf pulls out his chair, before slumping back down into it, "Looks like we're shaping up to be quite the crew."

DaedalusMkV
2011-05-09, 12:37 PM
The red-eyed man turns to the others, replying shortly after Aidran finishes talking. "Ah, yes. I am called Enthis, Alchemist by trade and student of the Sciences by vocation. We're both here to help you deal with the bandits and whatnot." Social niceties out of the way, he bends down for a better look at Wolfgang's furred companion, then starts whispering to himself. "Hmm. Canis Lupis, certainly, but very well behaved. I wonder if I can measure the effects of the bond..." It's pretty clear that the Alchemist is far less concerned with the mission than he is with satisfying his curiousity.

Yeah, the Player's Guide said what we were hired to do, and a major part of that was eliminating the bandits in the area. I know that we're here to hunt bandits, but not any of the specifics of that task.

Ah, and I suppose I can tune down the vocabulary if you want. I was trying to highlight his dissatisfaction with his current working environments by asking for something uncommon and obscure, but if it's causing problems I can stop. Yeah, the quote thing was a mistake. I usually use the Quote button to keep a summary of what I'm responding to when I write my post then delete the quote part before posting, but I guess I forgot that last step this time. I've edited it out now.

Morty
2011-05-10, 03:15 PM
I am Maxim Lodovka, a swordsman. Maxim points to the sword on his back.

Hussam B.
2011-05-11, 07:39 AM
"Indeed! What a fine motley group we are" applauded Stephan, "Though Aidran makes one honest inaccuracy; I am no master of the lute nor such instrument, merely I am a man of near-great words and almost-infinite jest, at least I'd like to think so."

"As an example, let me recount the sad yet hopeful tale of the Honest Oleg and his beloved Svetlana" gesturing to his hosts as he moved forward, almost as if taking center stage, "Who came here as all those who travel to these stolen lands; with a dream, a dream which has grown to a majestic keep, but this dream is threatened, by a jealous thorny rose no less, to be plucked; she sends her hounds to ceaselessly cause mischief and mayham to the dreamers."

"Is there no hope for this dream to survive? Nay! Hope never ceases for those with Dreams! For our heroes ride on to the Stolen Lands with a dream of their own..."

Stephan goes on further, elaborating on the tale and retelling all that's happened clearly but in story-like manner.

Okay, so you should be up to speed with everything's that's transpired, as told by my character in an entertainingly dramatic way,

Perform roll was Here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=10967428&postcount=60)

TheArsenal
2011-05-11, 01:19 PM
Bad news everybody, Volos just quit. Im going to have to find ANOTHER replacement.

Edit: Found a Player Willing to Play a witch.

Khantin
2011-05-12, 12:04 PM
A wizened old crone forcefully slams the door open (well, as forcefully as she can manage). She is a tiny thing, shriveled with age, her face is well wrinkled and her hair solid grey bordering on white. For all of that, her eyes are a clear sharp blue, glittering with anger sharpened by her cutting intellect.

"You ninny heads! I take one short nap on a long caravan ride and you completely forget about me. The blasted caravan driver forgot about me too and was already a mile away from Oleg's when I woke up, he refused to turn around and I had to walk the whole way!"

The short tirade was clearly enough to sate her anger, and her expression faded from a scowl to her more run of the mill look of sleepiness.

"Oh my, I am afraid I don't know all of you, my name is Velina Furel. I am a healer and a bit of sage. In the common vernacular I am referred to as a witch. I have a small green scorpion friend running around somewhere, his names is Scamps. He will not bite or sting or snap, unless you threaten him. I saw that the buildings here have been damaged recently, what seems to be gong on here?"

DaedalusMkV
2011-05-12, 12:23 PM
While at first Enthis doesn't pay much attention to the story, it's not long before he's listening with rapt attention, hanging off of Stephan's words. When the story ends, he claps slowly, a smile on his often dour face. "Nicely said, friend. I do love a good story. I..." At this point, the door bursts open and he jumps out of his seat, reaching into his backpack to pull out a nasty-looking steel cudgel. He relaxes instantly when he sees who it is, putting the bludgeon back in its place and picking his chair up off the ground before sitting down again and cringing slightly as the old woman shouts at him. "Er. Yes. Well, I'm afraid you just missed an excellent story. Suffice to say, those bandits we're here to deal with have been making trouble. Maybe Stephan can fill you in? He's really quite good at it."

TheArsenal
2011-05-12, 12:33 PM
Oleg stayed through the story with a stern look on his face.

He looked surprised when the lady busted in

"Are you sure your not just a bum?"

He says with a disbelieving expression.

Khantin
2011-05-12, 12:44 PM
Oleg's comment sets Velina off, her voice raised and arms flailing in articulation.

"A bum!? You ingrate! I was birthing children when you were still crawling around wearing swaddling! You have no idea..."

Her pitch rises to an ear piercing shrill as she continues her verbal assault upon the inn keeper.

TheArsenal
2011-05-12, 12:51 PM
Yeas that's a bum alright

Oleg takes in a deep breath

Shetlana! Did you forget to lock the gates again!

Morty
2011-05-13, 01:10 PM
Maxim sighs. Are we quite done with the tomfoolery? I believe we have more important matters to discuss.

Khantin
2011-05-13, 02:03 PM
Maxim's sullen comment seemed to stop Velina's rant cold.
"Hmmm? Oh yes, the bandits. Let's go find'em and put a stop to their nonsense. As my aged gran used to say, sometimes you let karma deal with it, and sometimes you are the karma."

TheArsenal
2011-05-13, 02:50 PM
Prove it. Ive got a book from my grandad that lists all the different abilities of a witch from his adventuring years. I Dont want to end up giving food for a bum that runs off the next day telling the bandits. Wait here Il get it.

Oleg exits from the room.

Morty
2011-05-14, 05:53 PM
Maxim sighs. He finds this wholly unnecessary. Even if the woman is a bum, why should they stop her from going with them? She knows the risks.

TheArsenal
2011-05-16, 02:27 AM
Oleg enters the room

Alright, I couldn't find it. So the responsibility of your life will remain sorely on you.

The Old Pendalum clock in the room Rings 11:00PM

The Sun rises at 6:30, we should decide what to do as fast as possible if we want to create anything en large.

Hussam B.
2011-05-16, 01:46 PM
"Indeed, I have regaled you of the direct bandit threat, but to recollect;

A hooded bandit, "Hoodie" as I'll call him, rides each sunrise to Oleg's place here with as many as four or less lesser baddies. Beyond it being such a ghastly hour for doing business, they also plan extort Oleg and his wife.

Now, as I mentioned, I am something of an archer and so does Aidran claim to be here, we might be having a bit of a competition between ourselves on who gets to give Hoodie the shaft, the arrow's shaft, that it.

But beyond that, I know little in the way of the skills of alchemists or witches -I meant Healers, sorry- though I suppose swordsmen would want to get as up close and personal as possible?

At any rate, it would be good to know what we're going to be doing tomorrow."

Khantin
2011-05-16, 02:02 PM
Velina smacks her lips and throws her 2 cents in.

"I'll just hide inside a building, anything I need to do I can do from there. The first building to the right of the gate should do nicely. I'll prepare a nice mix of things to help out tomorrow, don't you worry. But it is late, so I am off to bed."

With that the old lady picks herself up with some effort and shuffles off to bed.

Ooc

Velina is preparing sleep, summon monster 1, and clw for tomorrow.

TheArsenal
2011-05-16, 02:06 PM
Oh no you dont!

My Suggestion is this simple Maneuver.
We should have you *Points at Maxim and Velina* hiding in a ditch we can dig near the keep.
The Bandits should come up close to the gate and Dismount. Then you two *Points at Stephan and at Adrian* Should start using your arrows against them from atop the Keep. We should use something to startle the horses, and if the bandits move towards the keep you should continue firing with your arrows while you *Points at Maxim* emerge to prevent their retreat. You should also emerge if they try to escape. You *Points at Velina* Shall provide healing to the front man if he needs it If your REALLY a witch. I Dont know what you do *Points at enthis*, but do it. This should prevent them from escaping

DaedalusMkV
2011-05-16, 02:30 PM
Enthis speaks up again. "That sounds reasonable, I suppose. I can prepare a few delightful surprises for the fools, oh yes. I'll have to mix some more Combustible Compound, of course, and maybe some Essense of the Ogre... Might I suggest I begin the ambush after they dismount? If they're all grouped together I can give them a most unpleasant experience, and I doubt their horses will stand idly by..." His voice grows more excited as he talks about his treasured alchemical compounds and how to employ them. "Oh, and perhaps a field-test of the Nitrous Solvent, as well! I've always wanted to see what sort of effects it would have on living tissue! So much work to do, and so little time to do it!" With that, the wiry Alchemist opens up his pack and digs around a bit, the other members of the group completely forgotten. He starts placing a number of arcane-looking objects on the table and digging pouches of powder out to mix into flasks.

Enthis will likely spend most of the night tinkering with his Alchemy kits and preparing his Bombs and Infusions for the next day. He generally doesn't sleep very much, in part due to his Tiefling heritage, and will probably fall asleep at his workstation a few hours before dawn.

I'll prep Shield and Enlarge Person as my Infusions, and set my Mutagen to be +4 Dex, -2 Wis.

TheArsenal
2011-05-16, 02:48 PM
Oh and to explain how you feel when you take Brain Score Damage:

Inteligence: Since Int Represents Knowledge: You literally remember less. Maths, Arcana, History, Proper Swimming Techniques all begin to leave you. The Process isnt that painful but its very disorienting. A Low Int Person Might struggle to remember yesterday.

Wisdom: Wisdom Represents Mental Organization, Not Just Wisdom. A High Wis Person is well organized, and clear in his though. A Low Wis has the person madly scrambling on his desk, constantly bickering with himself. Remember Those Cartoons where the Character Grasps his head in pain? Thats this. Its as if your head is turning into shards of glass and stabbing you from within

Charisma: Represents the Force of your Personality. Most people express high Cha in different ways. A Bard (Not just a Bard) shows his charm and Wit, A King Shows his inner Force of Will, a Sorcerer with his inner strength, an Evil Cleric with his expressive zealotry. It Also Represents your quirks, and small inner twitches that make you-you. A High Charisma Person is Simply memorable. A Low Cha Person is Boring, Lacking substance, doesn't know how to Communicate (like a High Cha Wizard would be able to make a simple analogy to ho to cast his spell, while a low only knows the numbers). The Damage feels numbing, eventually it numbs out everything and only a husk of a person remains.

Hussam B.
2011-05-16, 02:55 PM
Stephan gives a nervous laugh at the Tiefling alchemist's increasingly diabolical scheming, "As long as you don't blow us all up; bandits, keep and all", though Enthis's attention seem to be devoted to the tools of his trade.

"And Oleg, don't you worry about a thing; the element of surprise is on our side and Hoodie won't know what hit him, I'll go check on my bow and arrows, maybe get a few practice shots before the end of the day."

Morty
2011-05-17, 04:18 AM
Sounds like a decent enough plan, Maxim says uncertainly. I don't have a lot of experience with amubshes, but I'll do my best.

TheArsenal
2011-05-17, 04:41 AM
Alright. I need you *Maxim* to help me dig the ditch.

Khantin
2011-05-17, 10:25 AM
Velina listens to the plan and becomes thoughtful for a moment.

"My cover isn't as good as I would want. Perhaps I will take a long duration protective spell for myself in place of a short summoning spell."

ooc:
Arsenal pointed out that summon monster only lasts 1 round at lv 1 lol. So my prepared spells will be mage armor, sleep and cure light wounds.

TheArsenal
2011-05-17, 12:10 PM
Alright, but does anybody else have a better plan?

Morty
2011-05-19, 01:51 PM
Can't say I do. Maxim shrugs. It sounds good enough to me. It'll work against simple bandits.

DaedalusMkV
2011-05-19, 02:06 PM
Enthis looks up from his jars and vials for a moment and shoots Stephan a hurt look. "I know what I'm doing, you know. All of my compounds are stored in perfect safety and can be activated only by a skilled chemist. The only way something is going to be 'blown up' is if I want it to." He shakes his head and returns to his work, mumbling quietly. "Oh, of course, nobody bothers the mage when he slings fireballs around, but as soon as you replicate the effects with proper scientific knowledge and chemical reagents they run around in a panic... No difference between magic and science... Ignorance..." The sentences become less and less coherent as he goes on, and the quiet rant seems to be more reflexive than anything.

TheArsenal
2011-05-20, 02:30 AM
Alright. Hopefully this will be the last Character Replacement:
Naki Just quit. Fortunately I already found a replacement. The replacement will arrive in two game time days.

Now a second point:
In connection with Supplements:
If you ever want to use a new supplement you can introduce it to the game whenever you want. In order to do so, email me the file, Il place it up on a file sharing website for everybody to use. If you find anything there closer to what you wanted (Like a new feat or spell) you can ask me.

Third:
Does everybody want to Skip till morning (I need 4 votes).

Fourth: Im introducing Secrets of Martial Mastery. (http://www.4shared.com/account/dir/ePttJfry/_online.html)

Khantin
2011-05-20, 02:34 AM
Ooc: I'm ready to get this party started

DaedalusMkV
2011-05-20, 02:54 AM
OOC:
I've got nothing else to do tonight. I vote we move time forwards to tomorrow.

Morty
2011-05-20, 12:36 PM
((I'm fine with skipping.))

Hussam B.
2011-05-23, 04:36 PM
(( Ditto ))

TheArsenal
2011-05-23, 04:53 PM
Huzzah! Expect a detailed map out and organized system from me tomorow. Currenty its 1am for me.

TheArsenal
2011-05-24, 01:40 AM
Alright. If you check the Filesharing website youl find a PNG of the Keep.

Position yourself wherever you want. The Bandits arrive from the south and the pit (Black stuff) is 5 foot deep.

DaedalusMkV
2011-05-24, 02:32 AM
Enthis will need to be relatively close to the fighting, but will still be attacking from range, so he'll position himself on the wall, adjacent to the gate and on the west side of it.

Khantin
2011-05-24, 12:17 PM
Ooc: what file sharing website? Can you repost the link somewhere?

TheArsenal
2011-05-24, 12:34 PM
Ooc: what file sharing website? Can you repost the link somewhere?

Secrets of Martial Mastery. (http://www.4shared.com/account/dir/ePttJfry/_online.html)

Viola.

Khantin
2011-05-24, 12:41 PM
Velina would prefer to be safely inside a building with a window so she can cast spells, but hiding behind a beefy tank could work too.

East barracks or behind a tank.

Morty
2011-05-25, 05:39 PM
Maxim will take a position in the ditch, as was planned.

Hussam B.
2011-05-26, 12:38 AM
Stephan shall stand with Enthis on the walls, ready to fire arrows into enemies.

TheArsenal
2011-05-26, 02:06 AM
Alright.

One note:

I will be posting after everybody else posts once unless Its a conversation or battle. So dont be shy and post.

Alright this is Some Description:

The Pit Is Three feet deep, so it gives total concealment if your prone. But if you stand up you dont have to climb out of the pit, just walk out. It Provides no protection otherwise.

The Border rail on the keep provides total conceelment if you crouch (Not prone) and gives cover if you stand up.

Im very detailed in my size descriptions, so a horse occupies two squares not four.

http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy146/MasterOfThePlanes/KeepStep2.png

DaedalusMkV
2011-05-26, 10:23 PM
Enthis wakes up as the light of the dawn begins to filter through the inn's windows and rubs at his bleary eyes for a few seconds before finishing up the last of his work from the night before. Despite getting very little sleep the Alchemist is active and energetic, and it's not long before he's ready for the battle with the Bandit party. He crouches down atop the wall, laying out half a dozen Alchemical bombs and a few indeterminate flasks of liquid behind the battlement and pulls out a few bags of dried plants and a leather-bound book to pass the time until the enemy arrives. Before heading up to the wall, he hands a small vial of liquid to both Maxim and Stephan. "These are samples of my Solvent. It's as simple a substance as I can manage; just throw it at the enemy, and the liquid should burn their flesh in much the same way as fire. It should be very effective if you can catch them as a group, but try not to spill any on yourself. If we begin the battle with these substances, I suspect it will panic the enemy and frighten away their mounts."

If they'll take it, I'll give both Maxim and Stephan an Acid Flask out of my stockpile. You guys can use it or not, it's up to you, but it should be more effective against a bunched-up group of enemies than the attacks you have available.

Morty
2011-05-27, 05:57 PM
Sounds useful.
Maxim will step into the ditch and crouch there. He will then wait for the bandits to arrive. They've got a plan, so all there is to do is follow it... unless the plan goes to hell, as battle plans often do.

Hussam B.
2011-05-28, 02:56 PM
"Hmm, we'll see, I prefer shooting arrows to bottles myself, but I guess I could follow your lead with these."

Stephan leaned on the wall near where the Alchemist worked, yawning every now and then as he watched him work, "Let's hope these bandits don't take too long, I need my breakfast..."

TheArsenal
2011-06-01, 10:43 AM
Alright:
http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy146/MasterOfThePlanes/KeepStep2-1.png

You Hear the Sounds of Horses aprouching:

On the road you see the figures aprouching.

There are two cloaked figures, one in a black cloak (3) the other in dirty green (H).

The other two wear grey clothes (2) (3).

The weather is sunny and you can hear the sound of the wind rustling the grass blades.

The Bandits ride calmly and surely, you cannot hear what they are saying but it sounds rather happy.

Morty
2011-06-02, 01:51 PM
Maxim waits patiently in the ditch until it's the time for him to act.

Hussam B.
2011-06-02, 06:05 PM
Stephan ducked as he saw the riders approaching, listening closely at the clops of their horses and their chatter getting louder as they neared the guide, he grasped at Enthis's Solvent, getting ready to toss it at their foes.

The thrill though reminded him of a breathtaking ode, one that he might recant whence battle commence.

DaedalusMkV
2011-06-02, 10:29 PM
Enthis sits behind the battlements, grabbing up the first of his bombs and holding it tight to his chest. He quickly pokes his head up above the wall, trying to grab a view of the enemy, then drops back behind it and turns to Stephan and whispers, "Hells. They're too spread out, my compounds won't have a proper effect! Wait a little longer, maybe they'll group up a little more when they reach the gate.
He turns away, then begins mumbling to himself again. "Damn the lot of them, paranoid demon-loving bandits... How am I supposed to do a proper field-test under these circumstances..."

A Stealth check to avoid being spotted while Enthis peeks over the wall: [roll0]

TheArsenal
2011-06-03, 01:13 AM
The Bandits do not notice you.

Since they are not activly looking for something I just used 10+ thier modifier

TheArsenal
2011-06-04, 09:47 AM
http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy146/MasterOfThePlanes/KeepStep3.png

As the Bandits aprouch you hear them jeering:

2: Hey Citezen! We have come to pay our respects. We understand that the festival of the..hey Dandy, what was the festival again?

1: "The Festival of the crwowa of course."

Says Dandy with a laugh

2: Ah yes the crawowa, and as you know, in order to host the festival in the wonderfull forest we request a small tax. Nothing much.

H: Yes, I hear you have been waiting for this festival for a LONG time.
Well no problem, im here to make it all better.

(H) dismounts.

H: "Alright enough with the ****ing about."

(H) Said with a more seriouse tone.

"Open the gate Oleg!"

If you want to startle the Bandits you all have to pass one more stealth check. Then you get a Suprise round. Oh and anybody interested in getting a copy of Ultimate magic contact me by PM.

Hussam B.
2011-06-06, 07:10 AM
Stephan tries to remain hidden as the bandits approached before striking at them.

Stealth Roll: [roll0]

Khantin
2011-06-06, 11:21 AM
Lying prone on her stomach was beginning to grow wearisome. Velina was never a patient woman. I swear if someone does not do something soon I'm just going to jump up and hit them with a spell.

TheArsenal
2011-06-06, 11:24 AM
The hooded bandit serveyed the tops.

Suddenly Stephan realizes that his left elbow is peaking over the top of the gaurd.

"Hey Oleg! I can see your sorry arse, and unfortunatly its up there. Get it down HERE before I burn it to the ground!"

[roll0]

If at least two people go undetected then you still get the suprise round

DaedalusMkV
2011-06-06, 12:14 PM
Enthis continues lurking, hoping to catch them by surprise.

[roll0]

TheArsenal
2011-06-06, 12:17 PM
But Fortunatly for Enthis, the hooded bandit placed so much attention on Oleg that he did not notice him.

Because il need to fimble at least SOMETIMES I just decided to post "You succseed or not"
You succseed for a second time

Morty
2011-06-10, 03:15 PM
Maxim remains in his ditch. The fight has not begun yet, it seems.

TheArsenal
2011-06-10, 03:45 PM
Maxim remains in his ditch. The fight has not begun yet, it seems.

Dont forget to roll a stealth check.

Morty
2011-06-11, 05:18 PM
Ah yes, right. Here it goes:
[roll0]

TheArsenal
2011-06-16, 09:59 AM
Sorry about the Delay: Was looking for my USB.

Anyway, you DEFINATLY fail the check:

Velina lightly shoves you in the trench, and that pushes you off balance, creating a loud clang.

"Hey happs!" Says the bandit closest to the ditch.

"You see that?"

All hope is on you Velina.

Khantin
2011-06-16, 11:31 AM
Damnation, our cover is blown Velina thought to herself. Maybe this can still be salvaged.

Velina stands up and starts screeching at the bandits like a crazy person, hoping to intimidate them and confuse them with her appearance.

Ooc: roll to intimidate [roll0]
"eh!? What's there? You four! You stay away from my ditch! I dug it and I won't let anyone take my valuable dirt! I'm a powerful witch you hear? I'll curse you to oblivion if you come near!"

TheArsenal
2011-06-16, 12:41 PM
"What the FU-"

Screams the Guy nearest to the pit.

This was an unexpected but brilliant move. Your yelling and uncempt look

(From now on add +2 to intimidate to some specific situations because of your crazy look. This will be for everybody, and If you roll intimidate, I will anounce the +2 on your side depending on the situation)

Completly startled all the bandits.

Roll initiative fellas, you get a SURPRISE ROUND!

Edit:

Oh and forgot to list, Bandit 2 and his Horse are shaken.

Khantin
2011-06-16, 01:00 PM
Initiative: [roll0]

Velina cackles wildly seeing their shock and confusion had given them a split send to act before the bandits could react. She begins to cast mage armor on herself for the coming battle.

DaedalusMkV
2011-06-16, 02:27 PM

A devilish smile appears on Enthis' face as he takes up one of his Bombs, quickly mixes in the necessary reagents then pops above the battlement and hurls it at bandit 2.

Attack roll vs. Flatfooted Touch: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]

The Bomb will deal the same damage to the bandit's horse should it hit. If it doesn't hit, it deviates a maximum of 1 square in a randomly determined direction and will deal 5 splash damage.

TheArsenal
2011-06-16, 03:13 PM
The Bottle shatters near his right shoulder, exploding and nearly knocking him off the saddle, with the liquid inside burning both him and the horse.

Total hit for Both the rider, and the Horse. The Rider survives, and is still in control of the mount

The Horse reacts in shock, but the Rider tenses himself as the hot liquid sears his face, so the horse takes it as a command and he still remains in control.

Morty
2011-06-17, 08:27 AM

Maxim will leap out of the ditch, then move as far as he can towards the nearest bandit.

Hussam B.
2011-06-17, 12:43 PM

Stephan couldn't help but let out a laugh at Velina's cackling, "Heh, Someone is not a morning person...", he remarked to Enthis as the alchemist lobbed his mix into the enemy. "Ouch! I bet that smarts"

For his part, Stephan considered his bottle of scalding morning call, but decided to reach into his pouch and retrieve a pinch or so of fine sand, "Let's see if our guests agree that it's far too early in the day for this nonsense"

And with twist of the hand and a spoken magic word, the bard cast a sleep spell on the bandits.

((I believe that I can hit Bandit H, 1 & 3 with my sleep spell, DC 13))

Khantin
2011-06-17, 12:53 PM
Ooc: sleep has a casting time of 1 round, so you need a full round action to start it and it finishes just before your next turn, and surprise rounds are only 1 move or 1 standard. I was gonna blast them with my sleep spell too until I looked it up ;)

Hussam B.
2011-06-17, 01:04 PM
((heh, my mistake, will do it next round I guess if you don't beat me to it :) ))

Though beforedoing any of that last bit, Stephan decided that Bandit #2 needed a bit more waking up and lobbed his bottle at the unhappy ruffian.

Attack roll vs. Flatfooted Touch: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

TheArsenal
2011-06-18, 08:13 AM
Your bottle smashes against the bandits head, exploding into shards, this knocks him back, and off his horse. He collapses on the ground, with a light sizzle near his head as it is eaten by acid.

His horse rears up, but the bottle aparantly was unable to hurt the horse, so its more of a fear reaction.

Alright folks let me explain what happens next.

First off at the end of every round, I will make a description of it so you understand what generaly happened those 6 seconds.

Next off, when I tell you its your turn, pleese take my picture and edit it. I dont want to have to edit it every time you want to do something. If you want the inkscape file, I will give it to you, but its just too much work otherwise.

So ithout further ado:

Here is a pic Update from the last round.

http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy146/MasterOfThePlanes/KeepStep4.png

Here is the description

Bandit 2 and his horse jump unexpectedly from the unexpectancy of Velina, who suddenly shines with a (Pick a colour of your choice) light.

Stephan lobs a bottle of acid near simultaneuosly as Enthis does, with both the bottle smashing near the bandits upper torso. The bandit is knocked off his hoarse as his horse neighs in surprise.

Maxim Jumps out of the pit and runs towards the horse of the dead bandit.

TheArsenal
2011-06-19, 06:22 AM
Alright Here is the initiative:

First Goes bandit 1 and his horse,

Then Velina,

Followed by Hoody, and his horse.

Then stephan (Decide with maxim who goes first)

Then Maxim

Then enthis

Then bandit 3

Then his horse

Then the horse of the dead badit.

So here goes Bandit 1:

http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy146/MasterOfThePlanes/KeepStep5.png

"Happs its a trap", yells the bandit (3).

He Quickly turns his horse around to get a better view at the attackers.

He quickly grabs his redied Bow and lets an arrow fly at enthis:

It fails spectacularaly

The arrow whizzes by, clearly showing a shot that was made on the move.

Alright, Your turn velina

Khantin
2011-06-19, 10:50 AM
Velina shuffles forward to the front edge of the trench and drops into a trance and begins to cast a sleep spell.
(will finish right before my turn next round)

TheArsenal
2011-06-19, 12:03 PM
Velina shuffles forward to the front edge of the trench and drops into a trance and begins to cast a sleep spell.
(will finish right before my turn next round)

I need a picture acompanyment please.

TheArsenal
2011-06-22, 11:56 AM
Look, Fellas. Im sorry about this, but I believe I will have to cancel the game. If anybody wants to GM instead of me Il send a copy of the adventure path to them because otherwise: with my life turbulence i have been unable to regulary hold the game sorry.