PDA

View Full Version : Tag

AtlanteanTroll
2011-04-14, 09:25 PM
No. This is not a joke. We all loved (or still love I guess) Tag when we were younger, right? When was the last time you played? What version was your favourite (Freeze, Toilet, etc.)? Also, I remember reading that some schools were starting to BAN TAG AT RECESS because of the injuries it caused. Sad huh?

Partof1
2011-04-14, 09:36 PM
It was awesome. Grounders was the best kind, though it was a bit dangerous, but only for whoever managed not to remember the playground layout by feel alone.

ScottishDragon
2011-04-14, 09:57 PM
Had some epic games of tag at my church when I was little.(3 acres ftw!)
Yeah....
Best version is called aliens:
There are 5 aliens(taggers)
3 blasters,only ones able to tag aliens and get them out
Everyone else had to run away from the aliens and find a blaster. Blasters could only move it a regular person was holding their hand. Of couse me being epic I would always get some aliens and go "Blaster hunting" we would dodge around a blaster trying to make them let go. Then we would tag them. Poor kids,they had to stand in a parking lot for 15 minutes because we were hunting down the last couple kids. And I love that the church camp plays it too(ima be a counselor just for this game)

Siosilvar
2011-04-14, 09:59 PM
It was awesome. Grounders was the best kind, though it was a bit dangerous, but only for whoever managed not to remember the playground layout by feel alone.

Ooh, we played that one. Called it "Blind Man's Gambit", though.

Used to love tag, because I could outrun everyone else about 90% of the time, restricted by distance.

toasty
2011-04-14, 10:31 PM
Tag is the best physical activity ever. Blob tag was a personal favorite of mine. When you get tagged you grab hands with the person who is "it" and the blob gets bigger and bigger until everyone is caught (the catch is, only the people on the ends can tag someone).

Freeze Tag and Toilet Tag were also really great versions of tag. Stuck in the Mud (Chinese Freeze Tag, according to some of my friends back then) was a great game. Playing Stuck in the Mud in a pool was great fun.

Though, honestly, I think if I had a favorite it was octopus tag. This game worked best with like, 20+ people. But basically, everyone runs from one end of the playing field to the other and the person who is "it" attempts to tag them. if you are tagged you sit down and spread out your arms and legs (becoming an octopus). During the next round of the game, if someone is tagged by you then they're it too. This is great fun because the person who is it gets to make choke points and such.

Ahh... it was fun to be young, when the greatest moments where playing in the Church playground or on a field with friends during the weekend.

littlebottom
2011-04-14, 11:10 PM
British bulldog anyone? thats what tag became when i got older. the bigger, tougher, more violent version of tag.

for those who dont know, you had to run from one side to the other of, whatever, playground, hall, anything, there are 2 safe zones, one at each end, once you cross the line your safe, the tagger stays in the middle, and it goes in rounds as it were, you all ran across and no one can run back till all are across or back. to tag, you dont just touch them, you have to grab them, and lift them entirely off the ground while saying something inparticular "[their name] one, two, three" or something so that it was difficult to do, but yeah, you get past by any means nessisary, its a common tactic once caught to launch yourself at the ground as to make it harder for the person to pick you up, then you claw yourself over the line. once tagged, you join the person in the middle, pretty simple doesnt sound to violent, but when you play it with a bunch of burly 17-18 year olds whos main form of tagging is a full speed rugby tackle, then using all their strength to drag you away from any thing you could grab made for lots and lots and lots of cuts and bruises.

ahhhh fun.

Eldan
2011-04-15, 04:38 AM
Ooh, yeah. Bulldog. I think we did that perhaps once a month when I was in the boyscouts. Though it was usually over by the first time a corporal or sergeant was tagged, there was too much of an age difference.

We did hospital tag, that was fun. Works like this: you get tagged on a body part. While you are "it", you have to hold that body part with one hand at all times. Sounds pretty simple, but gets fun when you have people who launch themselves at one another's feet, or tag the other on their eyes so they have to go blind.

banjo1985
2011-04-15, 05:59 AM
Oh yeah, British Bulldog was ace! I broke me arm playing that once. :smallbiggrin:

As for tag, we played a version called 'tracker' over a park/public ground/wood thing next to my childhood home. 6+ acres of slopes, trees and bushes to hide in - fantastic. They've built houses on it now though/sadface.

Castaras
2011-04-15, 09:34 AM
Bulldog is epic. We had two different versions of tag.

There was Hide and Tag. Where everyone hides, then each tag gives you a second tagger, and the winner is the last one not tagged. My mates refused to let me be the first tagger due to me using intelligence instead of running around manically to tag someone faster than me to tag people. :smallbiggrin:

Then there was Stuck in the Mud, which I'm guessing is Freeze Tag. Which we, depending on the day, either crawled through legs to get someone unstuck or just tag them.

Kurgan
2011-04-15, 03:50 PM
I remember my friends and I had a game called "Lava Monster" back in the day. The school we went to at the time had this giant wooden monstrosity of a playground called the Dream Machine (and it was awesome!), and around it was a field of pebbles and small rocks.

The game:
1) rocks are lava
2) one person is the Lava Monster
3) the Lava Monster cannot go onto the playground itself, with the exception of a small area that was its lair (and also happened to be an important connection point in the playground)
4) the goal of the Lava Monster was to drag someone else into the lava, who then becomes the new Lava Monster (former monsters got a temporary immunity to get back to "land")

So the game would end up with a bunch of us on the playground, dipping in to areas the monster can grab us and trying to evade it. Higher up parts of the playground (it was like three stories tall at its highest) were safe, but dull, and usually only used to get to lower areas and dip down to where the Lava Monster least expected it.