PDA

View Full Version : Second Exploration IC

Samfool
2011-04-15, 12:15 AM
You have been sailing for days.. then weeks.. then months..

The ship is a massive vessel, containing enough supplies for a rather long trip. The stocks are running low.. the crew has rationed the dried meat and water. The captain has been fumbling about, acting rather strange.. Something is up, and you know it cannot be a good thing.

"EVERYONE ON DECK!" You hear a crewman yelling, not in a panic, just speaking loud enough for everyone to hear, "CAPTAIN'S ORDERS! EVERYONE OUT ON DECK!"

You see the others shuffling out of their hammocks and chairs, marching slowly up to th surface. You can smell the brine of the ocean, the salt in the air, and the rotting smell of fish. Nothing new..

The captain is standing in front of the wheel, making it look like a podium. He begins speaking when the deck is filling up.

"It seems as though we have an issue folks!" bellowed the captain's booming voice, "After months of sailing, we cannot see any sign of land. We were supposed to have reached land by now."

At this point, the crowd is getting rowdy.

"I do not believe we need to panic! We should reach land soo-" says the captain, being cut off by a scream from the first mate, "LAND HO! WE HAVE FOUND LAND!"

There is a panic, everyone starts moving to the front of the ship to get a better look. You all hear the captain sigh in relief, and see the look on his face. He thought he was going to die. He pulls out his spyglass, and his face goes white. You see him mumble to himself. No one else really notices besides you all, for all of the commotion is distracting.

Lizard Lord
2011-04-15, 01:21 AM
Moon and Star decide to their appearance on deck a bit more dramatic. So they entered in with a a pair of back flips. It was supposed to be Moon that did a back flip while Star did a cartwheel, but they forgot which one was Moon and didn't bother to check their tattoos before they took action. They didn't mind the slip up, as no one knew what the original act ways anyways.

Besides things where getting incredibly dull on the boat and anything the two could do to liven things up was considered a great relief. The twins felt like they were going to cry when the captain said there was still no land in sight. For a second they even thought it would have been better to have faced the Servas family then to have suffered yet another month of this boredom.

Then their spirits were immediately lifted at the first mate's wondrous interruption. Full of excitement the dvati began pushing crewman aside for a chance to look at their new home and escape from the tedious boredom.

Vuann
2011-04-15, 01:33 AM
Sitting on deck, Isshin writes in his journal as he often had during the long days at see. He had found a nice spot to write on top of the upper deck quarters that had given him some solitude and a nice vantage point for the endless sea around him. He had hoped to see land at some point, but that day had not yet come.

Hearing the crewman shout for everyone to come to the deck, he closed his book and made his way to towards the rest of the crew. He arrived just as the captain began speaking and noticed the crowd was growing restless. Isshin himself wondered why they had not reached land yet as the trip had already gone on longer than expected.

Hearing the crewman shout “Land ho!” was a bit of a surprise, though he decided it was best not to join the crowd of men rushing towards the front of the ship and risk getting trampled in the excitement. Looking over towards the Captain he saw him raise his spyglass to get a better look at what the crewman had seen. Noticing the Captain's pale expression, Isshin hurried over to where he is standing.

"What is it?" he asked. "Judging by your ghostly expression it can't be good. Or perhaps you would allow me to take a look for myself?"

Ishhin reaches out with his hand, motioning for the captain to hand him the spyglass.

Dreamshifter
2011-04-15, 01:43 AM
Adrienna made little effort to hurry to obey the Captain's orders. With her tiny crystal making slow, almost lazy, loops around her head, she felt hadn't really noticed the dwindling food supplies, except in passing. But her relaxed attitude failed once the announcement of a continued lack of land was made. A look of concern claimed her face, as she glanced at the crowd.

Then, came the mate's cry of land. Adrienna rolled her eyes at the timing. Oh, sure. Get everyone panicked, then the land mysteriously appears. Then, the Captain's expression changes, and one of the other travelers, rushed to his side. She wasn't sure who, yet, but better there, than charging forward with the rest of the crew. She muttered "Well, at least we are here. Or, somewhere," as she headed for the Captain, and his looking glass.

Iceciro
2011-04-15, 08:04 AM
Navian had just reached the deck in time to hear the cry of "Land, Ho" see the expression on the captain's face as he topped the stairs, wrapped in a long cloak. Unlike the travelers, he looked quite healthy and well - the result of feasting on magically created and seasoned food for some time now, which he felt no need to share - a bit portly, even from the lack of actual movement over the months. Seeing the rabble converge on the edge of the ship while a few of the more interesting passengers converge on the captain, he moved closer to him too, noting the expression. No worries - he'd already done the calculations - in a worst scenario, he could feed himself and perhaps call otherworldly servants to work the boat. He kept the cloak tucked around his tall figure as he approached, uncomfortable with the sea spraying into him.

TheOasysMaster
2011-04-15, 08:09 AM
Pharrah says nothing, moving with the crowd to hear the Captain's orders... She can feel-no, taste, the beginning of a story in her head, and feel the beginning of something great in her bones...
The bard doesn't stop to make notes, however. Instead, she takes in the emotions; fear and excitement, worry and wonder.
She takes in the emotion of the crowd, the aura about the Captain and his crew. The crash of the wave, and the sudden appearance of land... She weaves the emotions round and round her mind, building up the accompanying moving score... The music and the emotions fill her head, establishing the start of something great and life-changing...
She smiles to herself.
This...
This is what it is to be a bard...

Samfool
2011-04-15, 01:51 PM
The crewmen, and even the captain give moon and star cross looks. One of them even shakes their head and says, "You are going to fall off the boat you two.."

When the crowd rushed the side of the boat, and the adventurers who paid their own way on this voyage, which was considerable, approached him, the captain sighed.

More people who think they know how to sail..

Then Isshin reached for the spyglass..

"What do you think you are doing?" asks the Captain, putting his spyglass away, and looking quizzically at the scholar-warrior in front of him. He barely even acknowledges the one with the crystal floating about her skull.

Vuann
2011-04-15, 02:32 PM
Realizing that the Captain was miffed at his request, Isshin lowered his hand.

"One does not need to know how to sail to realize that something isn't right. I saw your expression and it's obvious this land is not what you expected."

Looking towards the newly found land mass, Isshin continued...

"My guess is either this isn't the land you expected to find, or you saw something... disturbing. Considering the sum of money my clients paid for my passage on this ship, I am simply requesting that you fill me in. Besides, if something is wrong I believe my skills may be helpful to you."

TheOasysMaster
2011-04-15, 03:07 PM
Pharrah watches the exchange silently, trying to gauge how other passengers are reacting to the new information and Isshin and the Captain's exchange.

Iceciro
2011-04-15, 03:58 PM
Navian loomed up to the captain slowly, still bracing his cloak against the salty spray of the sea coming up from the sides of the boat.

"At this point I daresay it is better for us to know now than later, Captain. I cannot be held responsible if I had a solution to your concern but was unable to enact it due to your silence."

Samfool
2011-04-15, 04:02 PM
"Unless you have prior knowledge of this land, I doubt any of your skills could help." The Captain says in a snippy tone. He is obviously not pleased with the situation, and even more displeased from people asking questions.
"If you have any useful skills, I will be in the map room." He says, turning and walking into the door directly behind him.

TheOasysMaster
2011-04-15, 04:21 PM
Maps?
Pharrah mouths the word silently to herself as she steps in behind the Captain.
A map establishes the setting and is key to every story, let alone the success of any great epic!
To be painfully honest, Pharrah knows she hasn't got any skills that will help the Captain figure out where they are-but she does know that a look at the black and white lines of a map will greatly aid her purposes...

Vuann
2011-04-15, 06:25 PM
Isshin follows the Captain to his map room, quietly thinking to himself...

I don't think he understood what I meant.. My skills are not in cartography, but survival on that land mass. Regardless if this is our intended destination or not, we would likely have to land and gather some provisions to continue sailing. I doubt the crew has sufficient skills to accomplish that task very easily...

Lizard Lord
2011-04-16, 01:59 AM
Frowning at the man that told they would fall over Moon and Star get a different idea about how they can try and see the land. Moon kneels down on the ground and Star sits on her shoulders. Then Moon will stand up so that Star may see above the other people.

Not really sure what check it will require this to work.

Dreamshifter
2011-04-16, 05:39 AM
Having some knowledge of geography, Adrienna is more than willing to follow the captain through the door. His attitude puzzles her, and her puzzlement shows on her face. Loud enough for the others to hear, but probably not the captain, she says "For a man approaching a mostly unknown land, he seems to have a lot of worries..."

Samfool
2011-04-16, 11:32 AM
"Well tha's 'cause he doesn' bloody know where we he is going! None of us do." Says a crewman.

One of the other sailors throw a bucket at him and yell, "Shu' up! They aint suppos' to know tha'. Go to to the Captain, he will tell ya' more."

Iceciro
2011-04-16, 01:31 PM
Navian said nothing, merely keeping his cloak tucked about him as he followed the captain and smirking to himself about having useful skills.

Samfool
2011-04-16, 03:55 PM
As you enter the doorway one by one, you see the captain push some papers aside, and pulled out a large scroll.

Unfurling the paper, you see a large, blank piece of parchment with a thin red line scrawling across it. . The Captain orders an old man with an ink brush to begin painting exactly what he tells him. After a few minutes, it looks vaguely like a sketch of a tip of a landmass.
http://i1086.photobucket.com/albums/j451/Samfool/MapStart.jpg?t=1302986700

"This is what we can see, and that is all we can see thus far." the Capitan begins, "There have been stories of the twim Maws. They are massive bays that will either kill you or save you."

Taking a deep breath, he continues explaining, "One of them is called the Maw of Mercy. It is a safe haven for ships, and a fruitful land, so the rumors say. The other, the Malicious Maw. It is a line of teeth coming from the water, devouring anything that comes to close."

After letting this information sink in for a moment, he slowly, and somberly states, "We have no idea where they are, or even if they exist. The only thing we do know, is that we must dock soon. So unless any of you can see the future, we will have a hell of a time deciding."

The Captain turns around to look at the map. He sighs deeply and turns back to all of you, "Any suggestions?"

Vuann
2011-04-16, 04:25 PM
Isshin stares at the map for a bit, pondering the situation at hand. Looking up at the small group surrounding the map he speaks.

"So essentially this situation boils down to luck. We need to land this ship and we'll either end up in paradise, or possibly oblivion. There is also the chance that these rumors are just stories, and that bay is as calm as it seems."

Isshin begins walking around the group, his mind still working out the details..

"Captain, we need to know how many men are aboard this ship along with Dinghies. I would also ask to know how many men at a bare minimum it would take to land this ship properly."

"If we want to preserve as many lives as possible, my suggestion is this. Send out as many men into dinghies as possible and have them stay away from the shore. Any flotation device would help, even things such as barrels, wood from the ship, etc.. We keep a bare minimum of people on the ship in order to safely land it. If the ship safely lands then the rest of the people can come to shore. If the worst happens, at least they are safe from the Maw and can travel far enough away from the shoreline to find a safer place to land."

"Of course that begs the question of who and how many will stay on the ship and if the worst happens how can they escape? I believe there are those on this ship that know of the Arcane arts and may possibly have some options regarding that."

TheOasysMaster
2011-04-16, 04:25 PM
Pharrah cannot make head or tail of the scribblings...
"What's water? What's land?"
She thinks, and poses a third question, "You're a Captain; surely you'd be able to determine what beach is 'safe' by looking at it..."

Samfool
2011-04-16, 04:38 PM
"The rowboats would never make it to shore, the seas around here are too rough. They will just flip over on themselves." Scoffs the Captain to Isshin, and to Pharrah's comment he says, "Well obviously, but the problem is, by the time we figure out which is which, it could be too late. Basically, we need to decide if we are going north of these rocks, or south."

TheOasysMaster
2011-04-16, 04:59 PM
"Ah, I begin to see your point, Captain... How close can we get to the potential beach before it becomes too late to turn back?"

Vuann
2011-04-16, 05:03 PM
"So you ask us for our ideas, yet your only solution is to make a guess?" quipped Isshin.

"The map clearly is of no help as the rocks we can see are the least of our problems. Logically one would assume the rockier areas would probably also have them underwater as well, though if other ships have met their doom here then most likely they would have come to the same conclusion and it apparently didn't help them."

"If we are to make a best guess, then I believe that falls onto your duty as Captain. The rest of us should prepare for the worst case scenario so we can act quickly in that situation. I also don't think we should alarm the crew if at all possible or it may make the situation even more chaotic."

Samfool
2011-04-16, 05:03 PM
"Ah, I begin to see your point, Captain... How close can we get to the potential beach before it becomes too late to turn back?"

"Well, with the fog rolling in.. we wont be able to see very far." States the Capitan, looking out the still open door.

TheOasysMaster
2011-04-16, 05:09 PM
"Then we wait until its daylight... 'Drop anchor' I believe the phrase is..."
Pharrah nods at Isshin's points.
"He's right; and if I read your map correctly, the rocks appear to be along the east... So wouldn't it be better for us to go west?

I don't know if I'm reading this map correctly, but this talk of north and south makes no sense to me!

Samfool
2011-04-16, 05:55 PM
"Then we wait until its daylight... 'Drop anchor' I believe the phrase is..."
Pharrah nods at Isshin's points.
"He's right; and if I read your map correctly, the rocks appear to be along the east... So wouldn't it be better for us to go west?

I don't know if I'm reading this map correctly, but this talk of north and south makes no sense to me!

"Too bad that we do not have enough food to wait any longer, we have about a week max. Who knows, this might even be a local thing."

See that rock outcropping? You have to go around, they are not land-able.

Iceciro
2011-04-16, 08:54 PM
Navian looked up slowly. "What you need is to decide, then. Because on this ship, the only result is starving to death. If the maw is going to eat us, it is better a one in two chance than one in one."

TheOasysMaster
2011-04-16, 09:53 PM
"South... I think it would make sense to go south..."

Lizard Lord
2011-04-17, 05:06 PM
Still not being able to see anything, Star gets down from Moon's shoulders and the two come up with a different plan. After all, the first mate obviously saw something with his spyglass that they can't.

The two seek out the first mate. Moon steps behind him and and wraps her arms around his shoulders while Star steps forward and uses her finger to draw circles on the sailor's chest. Together the two of them make their request.
"May we please borrow your spyglass?"

Diplomacy: [roll0]

Samfool
2011-04-17, 08:26 PM
Still not being able to see anything, Star gets down from Moon's shoulders and the two come up with a different plan. After all, the first mate obviously saw something with his spyglass that they can't.

The two seek out the first mate. Moon steps behind him and and wraps her arms around his shoulders while Star steps forward and uses her finger to draw circles on the sailor's chest. Together the two of them make their request.
"May we please borrow your spyglass?"

Diplomacy: [roll0]

Murmuring nervously in response, the first mate gives the spyglass over, "B-Be careful with it.."

Lizard Lord
2011-04-17, 11:17 PM
Being the one in front him Star grabs the spyglass and smiles sweetly at the first mate. "Thank" Star begins to say and Moon finishes as she take her arms off the man's shoulders. "you."

Star looks through the spyglass first and once she sees all she can she hands it over to Moon.

Samfool
2011-04-18, 12:07 AM
For Moon and Star
Being the one in front him Star grabs the spyglass and smiles sweetly at the first mate. "Thank" Star begins to say and Moon finishes as she take her arms off the man's shoulders. "you."

Star looks through the spyglass first and once she sees all she can she hands it over to Moon.

All you see is an outcropping of rock.

Dreamshifter
2011-04-19, 02:54 AM
After some study, Adrienna shrugs. "Well, if enough people have been here to say that at least one of the bays have rocks, I can't help but wonder if they both do. It would explain the confusion, no doubt. So we might end up having to make a guess..."

Just in case it matters:

[roll0] Knowledge History check (has she heard of the tales of this place, might have heard something the captain hasn't?)
[roll1] Knowledge: Geography check (anything about what she can see/has been described that would help when choosing between teh two?)

Samfool
2011-04-19, 10:23 AM
Adrienna Only

After some study, Adrienna shrugs. "Well, if enough people have been here to say that at least one of the bays have rocks, I can't help but wonder if they both do. It would explain the confusion, no doubt. So we might end up having to make a guess..."

Just in case it matters:

[roll0] Knowledge History check (has she heard of the tales of this place, might have heard something the captain hasn't?)
[roll1] Knowledge: Geography check (anything about what she can see/has been described that would help when choosing between teh two?)

You remember the only crew to ever come back were driven insane by hunger and thirst. They died shortly after their return.

As for geography, you never saw the land yet..
Only Moon and Star did.

TheOasysMaster
2011-04-19, 10:33 AM
"Like I said, I'm thinking south would be the way to go..."

Samfool
2011-04-19, 10:39 AM
"Like I said, I'm thinking south would be the way to go..."

"Noted m'lady" the captain says with a wink.

Lizard Lord
2011-04-19, 12:35 PM
Star and Moon frown as they look through the spy glass. All that effort put into looking at the new land, just to see a bunch of rocks. Moon hands the spyglass back to the first mate. The two turn to back to the first mate and hand the spy glass to him. "So, what is..." One twin begins to ask as the other finishes the question. the plan now?"

"We somehow doubt..."

"the Captain plans to land on a bunch of rocks."

TheOasysMaster
2011-04-19, 01:09 PM
Pharrah can't help but beam back at the Captain.
He is a rather nice fellow.

Samfool
2011-04-19, 09:18 PM
"I'unno.. go ask 'em yourself" the first mate stammers, backing off from the pair as his fellow sailors chuckle at his uncomfortable situation.

Vuann
2011-04-20, 02:27 PM
Isshin still studying the map looks up at the captain.

"It seems we have no choice but to make our best guess. Is there anything we can do to help prepare the ship in the event that there is an emergency? Perhaps getting the dinghies ready for launch would give us a few extra minutes if the ship does run into rocks and is in danger of sinking. We could pre-load them with any usable gear that could help us survive on that island, something we wouldn't normally have time to do if we had hit the rocks without warning."

Iceciro
2011-04-20, 07:33 PM
Navian nods at Isshin from beneath his coat. "If the chances are so we should hope for the best and prepare for the worst..."

Samfool
2011-04-20, 09:51 PM
Isshin still studying the map looks up at the captain.

"It seems we have no choice but to make our best guess. Is there anything we can do to help prepare the ship in the event that there is an emergency? Perhaps getting the dinghies ready for launch would give us a few extra minutes if the ship does run into rocks and is in danger of sinking. We could pre-load them with any usable gear that could help us survive on that island, something we wouldn't normally have time to do if we had hit the rocks without warning."

"Alright, we shall do so.. To the South then?" the Captain asks.

TheOasysMaster
2011-04-20, 10:40 PM
'Yes, Captain, I believe south would be as a good choice as any."

Lizard Lord
2011-04-21, 05:26 AM
Taking the first mate's advice, mostly due to having nothing else to do, Moon and Star will walk into the captain's cabin. They talk time to long around before they ask questions though. "So, captain I was wondering, what is the plan for docking on the mainland?"

Samfool
2011-04-21, 08:38 AM
Taking the first mate's advice, mostly due to having nothing else to do, Moon and Star will walk into the captain's cabin. They talk time to long around before they ask questions though. "So, captain I was wondering, what is the plan for docking on the mainland?"

"We were just discussing it. We need to decide which direction we are going, North or South" the Captain says, rubbing his face in frustration.

Vuann
2011-04-21, 12:45 PM
"South it is. Let us waste no more time then."

Dreamshifter
2011-04-21, 08:36 PM
Adrienna frowns. "I dislike guessing, and gambling more, but can offer no real options, given the time limitations. So, it might as well be south."

TheOasysMaster
2011-04-21, 09:05 PM
"It's not really a gamble... With weather moving from west to east, erosion favors us on the south side more on than on the north side, where large rocks might have been piled up, whereas on the south side it'd be swept out beyond the leeway..."
Of course, I can still be entirely wrong Pharrah thinks.

Samfool
2011-04-21, 11:51 PM
The Captain nods, then begins ordering the men to make the turn to the south. He informs all of you that the journey could take a day or two to get to proper landing grounds. He encourages the adventurers to get their things in order, and orders the men to stock some food and other essentials onto the dhingys.

At this time, feel free to talk amongst yourselves, but at the very least post some actions up =]

Vuann
2011-04-22, 04:05 AM
Isshin nods in agreement, then watches as the crew rushes about following the Captain's orders. He starts to head for the door, then stops and turns back towards the travelers still standing around the map table.

"By the way, my name is Isshin", he said as he bowed his head towards the group. "This probably isn't the best time for making introductions as there is a lot of work to be done, but perhaps once we've gathered our gear and prepared for the landing we could make the time. I get the sense that some of you aren't simple travelers... That said, I think it would be beneficial for us to at least understand what sort of skills each of us possess."

"I propose we meet this evening on deck. Perhaps the Captain can be.. talked out of a couple bottles of his finest spirits for the occasion." He said as he barely held back a smile.

With that he made his way towards the exit.

Lizard Lord
2011-04-22, 06:47 AM
Moon and Star looked at their tattoos before introducing themselves. "Hello. I'm Moon"
"and Star."

"And I could certainly"
""go for a good drink."

TheOasysMaster
2011-04-23, 11:44 AM
Nodding, Pharrah returns to her quarters as well.
She intends to make notes of what took place with the Captain, as well as document and make note of the appearances and perceived characters of the adventurer's she's just met.
Also, she need to find something to wear...

Dreamshifter
2011-04-23, 05:48 PM
Before heading off on her own packing, Adrienna introduces herself. "Adrienna, and while I don't normally drink, if we make it to shore safely, I might just take you up on that offer. We might need it by then."

Back at her berth, she quickly packs her own things up, and puts her pack on. She has no intention of being caught without that today. She also attempts to help out with moving the rest of the supplies around, but it's clear that she isn't use to heavy lifting, at all. Still, she's trying her best, and she hopes that counts for something.

Samfool
2011-04-24, 08:10 AM
Anyone else wanna talk? This is the perfect time for some rOlEpLaY

Vuann
2011-04-24, 04:32 PM
After packing up all of his belongings, Isshin heads back up to his favorite spot on deck. Sitting on top of the quarters he pulls out his journal and begins to write.

After months of traveling on this ship the we have finally found land. While I am excited at the prospects of what lie ahead, I am also aware of the imminent dangers. The potential for disaster is great and I must be prepared to handle whatever may come. While the Captain seems competent enough, I worry about the crews ability to handle the situation. I fear that there may be great losses if this ship does encounter this treacherous maw.

Still, there are others on this ship that seem well enough equipped to handle the situation. If my instincts about them are correct our chances for survival may well be good indeed.

Isshin continues to write in his journal, often stopping to look out at the ever growing land mass in the distance.

If anyone would like to introduce themselves, there is plenty of room where I sit :)

TheOasysMaster
2011-04-24, 06:20 PM
Having decided that the middle of a ship in the middle of nowhere is not the best place to find a dress, Pharrah decides to interact with her fellow adventurers as well.
The better a story to write, afterall.
Seeing Isshin writing, Pharrah curiously approaches, "What are you doing? Are you of the bardic profession as well?"

Vuann
2011-04-24, 07:01 PM
Looking over at Pharrah, Isshin smiled and responded.

"I am no storyteller, though I probably have quite a few stories to share. I write in my journal for my own sake and it contains not only my thoughts, but any useful information I come across and feel is important enough to write down."

Closing his book, he offers Pharrah a spot next to him.

"I find this place quite peaceful. I come here anytime I feel the urge to write in my journal and it seems to be one of the few places of any solitude on this ship. I am a traveler by nature and cannot stand the confines of my cramped quarters. Judging by your question I take it that you are a Bard by trade?"

TheOasysMaster
2011-04-24, 07:09 PM
"Yes, I am. Once, I was a court bard, but now I am in search of a great adventure with which to create a grand story..."
She peers curiously at Isshin's book.
"I'm wondering... If I may be so bold... If you plan to document our travels until their very end, do you think you could grant me a chance to look at your notes when our travels are over? More perspective for my own story?"

Vuann
2011-04-24, 09:58 PM
"No one has ever asked to read my journal before... Perhaps if we all make it out of this expedition in one piece it may be something I'd consider."

Staring out at the sea, he continues.

"Now to the business of this expedition, it might help if we were to know a bit about each others... skills. I myself dabble in just about everything, though of course it makes me a master of nothing. I have a fairly broad knowledge in many subjects and combined with my experience I find I can usually improvise a solution to most any situation. Basically I rely on my wits and thus far they have not failed me."

Looking back at Pharrah...

"We've established that you are a Bard by trade, though I sense there is a bit more to you than a simple storyteller."

Samfool
2011-04-25, 07:27 PM
For the sake of speed and keeping the game alive (and 'cause no one wants to do some role play..) I am going to push this along.

After another day and a half of sailing, you here whispers of the crew and passengers alike.

No one has been talking much since the new fog rolled in, for it even makes the
captain uneasy.

You have been on the sea for too long, you should have reached land by now and you all know it. The captain calls for a meeting of you adventurers.

"Alright, so here is the deal, we have not seen land yet, and we have been going west for far too long." He mutters through aggravation, "The question is, do we venture forth, or head south? We already know that the rocky shores are north, and they are not suitable to land upon and to the east, that is a full sea and certain death."

He looks at the group before finishing with "So, to the North or to the West?"

TheOasysMaster
2011-04-25, 08:58 PM
For the sake of speed and keeping the game alive (and 'cause no one wants to do some role play..) I am going to push this along.

Crap! Sorry!
"No, you're very perceptive... am also a wizard by trade... Events took place that demanded I pursue a career elsewhere to escape the noose... But I'm undertaking this journey to return to my bardic roots!"
Pharrah raps the table at which she and Isshin sit.
"I'm not here for gold and treasure-though that would be nice," she admits. "I want to take part in the bardic tradition in immortalizing a tale of heroes and legends in script and song, to last throughout the ages!"

Vuann
2011-04-26, 06:03 AM
As Isshin continues to speak with Pharrah he hears the crew calling for a meeting.

Perhaps we can continue our talk another time, this sounds important.

Vuann
2011-04-26, 06:04 AM
Hearing the Captain give out the options, Isshin responds.

I trust your judgement captain, however if we're out of options perhaps a simple vote will make the decision easier. If we continue traveling west we may well pass the land we saw before. North is a dangerous option, but at least we know it's land. I'd rather take my chances with the rocks than to risk spending my last days hopelessly lost at sea. I vote we go north.

I'm actually a tad confused. I thought we had decidded to go south not west. Anyway if our only option is to head to the rocks or take our luck continuing on the way we're going, I say rocks.

TheOasysMaster
2011-04-26, 08:01 AM
I'm actually a tad confused. I thought we had decidded to go south not west. Anyway if our only option is to head to the rocks or take our luck continuing on the way we're going, I say rocks.
I believe going south was the correct choice, as in we weren't immediately broken on the rocks... Unfortunately, there doesn't appear to be any land in sight... Which, of course, doesn't help us at all.
But on the other hand, I believed that north or south, the Captain would have been moving to keep the only recognizable body of land in sight...

Standing next to Isshin, Pharrah waits to hear some more information before voicing her own opinion.

Lizard Lord
2011-04-26, 08:45 AM
Moon and Star walk out onto the deck when the meeting is called. They smile and wonder if they can convince the others to count their votes individually. After all, Dvati are rare and most people don't seem to understand that they are one individual. Unless they explain it to them, but what would be the advantage in that?

Once they have settled on that plan, the two take turns speaking.
"This boat ride"
"is boring."
"If we hit the rocks then"
"at least something will happen."
"If we vote, I vote we go north."
"As do I."

Samfool
2011-04-26, 12:02 PM

I believe going south was the correct choice, as in we weren't immediately broken on the rocks... Unfortunately, there doesn't appear to be any land in sight... Which, of course, doesn't help us at all.
But on the other hand, I believed that north or south, the Captain would have been moving to keep the only recognizable body of land in sight...

You guys decided to go south of the rocks. You are following the rocky shore, but there is nothing in sight. You have to decide weather you want to keep following that shore, or if you want to go even farther south and try your luck out there.

TheOasysMaster
2011-04-26, 12:12 PM
You guys decided to go south of the rocks. You are following the rocky shore, but there is nothing in sight. You have to decide weather you want to keep following that shore, or if you want to go even farther south and try your luck out there.
Well, this is a no brainer... Stick in site of land!
"Proceed west!"

Samfool
2011-04-26, 12:18 PM
Well, this is a no brainer... Stick in site of land!
"Proceed west!"

The rocky.. rocky land..

TheOasysMaster
2011-04-26, 12:24 PM
Isn't following the coast, where land is sure better than stretching across open ocean? For all we know... It could keep on going and going!

Iceciro
2011-04-28, 12:13 AM
Navian hangs by the doorway the entire time, as though the gathering of people disturbs him.

He finally responds, looking out at the group from under his cloak.
"I have little desire to see my voyage to unknown lands detoured because some people couldn't eat while on the sea. Depending on just how many passengers you have, I can assure you that the voyage across the ocean will not end in starvation or thirst deaths for most of them, I believe - however that is not the greatest danger when sailing into the unknown, and my vote is that we follow the coast until it is safe to land."

Dreamshifter
2011-04-28, 04:49 PM
Looking up from the book she has been reading, Adrienna nods at Navian's comment. "Yes, historically speaking, the odds are that most of the sailors will mutiny before they starve, which will likely end up with the captain dead. And any who try to stand with him, or who are considered his allies. Or, they try, and fail, and we suddenly have a lot less crew to feed, meaning the existing rations will last much longer. However, I think I would be happy to not go through a mutiny, so staying close to the shore is best. It offers better chance for survival should the worst happen."

Samfool
2011-04-30, 10:24 AM
Moving this along!

The captain nods his head, then directs the crew to keep sailing in the same direction.

After yet another day, the fog begins to split, and you see it..

Smoke! The man in the crows nest screams for the crew to come up on deck, and you all follow out of curiosity of your fate.

All you can see is on the horizon is a light piercing the blackness of night. It is too high up to be a forest fire, too concentrated as well..

Then it hits you, That is a lighthouse!

Land. Civilization. You have all made it, and none too soon, the food rations began to slow to a standstill. It is all over now, you have found them..

The captain cheerily informs everyone of the great news, you have found the previous survivor's make-shift town. You will make it there by morning!

TheOasysMaster
2011-04-30, 10:40 AM
Pharrah's relief is visible in every movement as she sets about preparing to disembark...
"A mutiny would have been murder..."

Iceciro
2011-04-30, 07:39 PM
Navian nods behind his cloak in gruff agreement - then retires to his room until anything of note happens.

Vuann
2011-04-30, 11:41 PM
Upon hearing the good news, Isshin smiles trying not to look too relieved in front of everyone. He returns to his sleeping quarters to get his last full night's rest before they reach land.

Laying in bed he thinks to himself. Tomorrow is going to be an exciting day, I'm sure of it. I wonder just what we'll find when we reach that town...

Lizard Lord
2011-05-01, 08:55 AM
Moon and Star hopped up and down and cheered in excitement as the light house came into view. Finally they could get off this boat and have some fun.

Samfool
2011-05-02, 11:30 AM
The boat sails up to the poorly made harbor, and the Captain stops the ship. He tells everyone to get on the boats as they shuttle people to the docks made for smaller dhingys. The Captain and the adventurers are the first to go forth.

Reaching the small city, you see people waving and cheering. They seem to have fallen on hard times however, seeing as how their clothing are torn and faded and most of them look sickly. Many people come up to you and throw many questions your way. You can barely understand most of them.

You hear a large, booming shout come from the town, and a blade being unsheathed,
"Oi! Quiet down!"
Everyone is quiet now, as if the man has great authority. He walks up to you all and the captain and eyes you suspiciously. He asks,
"Which one of you is the captain?"

The Captain answers with a gleeful,
"That would be me! We are from--"

"I di'nt ask you that, now di' I?" the raggedy man rudely states, cutting the Captain off. You all can feel the scowl crawling across his face. This rude man, covered in furs from previous kills and a wide brimmed hat with a metal buckle on the center, continues by saying "There is a fee to dock your boat here."

TheOasysMaster
2011-05-02, 11:35 AM
Pharrah scowls at this disrespectful boor, and though she doesn't say anything, her stance and position behind the captain is meant to infer her support of him.
She glares.

Lizard Lord
2011-05-02, 12:43 PM
Moon and Star shrug and try to move past the crowd saying "Well it is the captain's boat.
"He should be the one to pay the fee."
"In the mean time"
"we'll be moving along."

TheOasysMaster
2011-05-02, 12:55 PM
Pharrah struggles to maintain a serious face, laughter playing on her lips.

"Well it is the captain's boat.
"In the mean time"
"we'll be moving along.lol

Samfool
2011-05-02, 12:56 PM
Moon and Star shrug and try to move past the crowd saying "Well it is the captain's boat.
"In the mean time"
"we'll be moving along."

"Not so fast.. ladies" the man in the hat said, obviously confused, "Any passengers cannot come aboard unless you pay the fee first."

The Captain is obviously frustrated, and is trying to find the words to express his anger in the situation.

TheOasysMaster
2011-05-02, 01:01 PM
"Oh... THIS is sooooooooo stupid."
Pharrah has a baaaaaad feeling about this.

Lizard Lord
2011-05-02, 01:13 PM
Moon and Star both feign shock and confusing, throwing their arms wildly in the air dramatically.

"What!? You said it was"
"A fee to dock the boat here."
"We didn't dock here."
"Its not even our boat."
"What exactly are"
"We paying a fee for?"

TheOasysMaster
2011-05-02, 01:29 PM
"Yeah! We're passengers! Subjecting us to this fee is like making the cargo pay for its own transport-we already did that back home!"

Samfool
2011-05-02, 01:33 PM
"Can you unload cargo if you do not pay the fee? No, no you cannot, just as you cannot leave here without him paying the fee" The man smirks, still unnerved by the twins.

Vuann
2011-05-02, 01:45 PM
Listening to the ongoing argument, Isshin steps forward and speaks to the ragged looking man.

Excuse me, but what exactly is the payment? Surely coin would not be useful to you in a place such as this. I would think things such as tools and consumables would be far more valuable than money.

Samfool
2011-05-02, 02:03 PM
Listening to the ongoing argument, Isshin steps forward and speaks to the ragged looking man.

Excuse me, but what exactly is the payment? Surely coin would not be useful to you in a place such as this. I would think things such as tools and consumables would be far more valuable than money.

"You are correct, partly." The man says, "We trade in coin amongst ourselves, and the few wild-men we have found find the coins very alluring. We require no less than oh.. I dont know.. one thousand platinum pieces?"

A devilish grin is placed on the man's face, the Captain goes to yell, and then sees the blades in the hands of a few guards that have just came up from behind the man in the hat.

"We will accept gold, silver, goods, whatever you have. Just make the payments. " He finishes.

Vuann
2011-05-02, 02:15 PM
Realizing that the situation is deteriorating quickly, Isshin subtly moves his right hand to the hilt of his Katana as he continues the conversation.

Surely you must know that we don't have that kind of coin with us. I cannot speak for the Captain, but I'm quite certain that no passenger would risk bringing that amount of coin on such a dangerous trip.

Can we not work something else out? There is no need for this situation to escalate any further.

Using one inspiration point for diplomacy check: +5 to the roll

[roll0]

Also performing a knowledge check (local) to see if we can tell how tough these guys seem to be.

[roll1]

Samfool
2011-05-02, 02:27 PM
Using one inspiration point for diplomacy check: +5 to the roll

[roll0]

Also performing a knowledge check (local) to see if we can tell how tough these guys seem to be.

[roll1]

You can tell that these guys are regular guards, but the sheer number of them could be enough to take you all on, especially if the townsfolk get involved..

"Did I not say you could pay otherwise? Maybe a few goods, a couple of coins, perhaps your ship" The man with the hat says with a wink. The Captain is now furious, but the man keeps him at bay with the broadsword in his right hand.

Lizard Lord
2011-05-02, 02:31 PM
Star and Moon look pleasantly surprised at the last comment. "Oh, well if it is the boat"
"You want. Then we won't "
"Stop you. We don't plan on"
"Going back. And, like we said,"
"It isn't our boat."

TheOasysMaster
2011-05-02, 02:38 PM
Pharrah eyes narrow.
"Perhaps we could speak with the Captain to determine a manner in which this situation can be settled?"
She turns, thinking, afterall, we only have to pay if we dock HERE, if we land further up the coast and disembark on row boats, what can he do?

Samfool
2011-05-02, 02:44 PM
"Yes, you may deliberate, but you may not go back to your ship. You have already laid anchor, therefore must pay the fee." The man says, turning away from you all after his bit is done, "I am glad that you two think this way, you will get along here famously"

TheOasysMaster
2011-05-02, 02:48 PM
You have already laid anchor, therefore must pay the fee.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaargh!
"He CANNOT be serious... We had no way of knowing we'd have to pay for landing anchor here-leaving should be a perfectly good option! Damn..."
Pharrah thinks, wondering if any of her arcane or bardic talents, namely magical spells could be of any use...

Samfool
2011-05-02, 02:52 PM
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaargh!
"He CANNOT be serious... We had no way of knowing we'd have to pay for landing anchor here-leaving should be a perfectly good option! Damn..."
Pharrah thinks, wondering if any of her arcane or bardic talents, namely magical spells could be of any use...

The other two options you guys had were crashing into rocks, or crashing into sharp rocks. You made it to town! You won! Too bad the town are a bunch of swindlers ;D

Vuann
2011-05-02, 03:24 PM
As the ship is not mine to bargain with, I will leave that up to the captain. I care not what happens to the cargo aboard the ship, however assuming we want to get off of this rock at some point I don't believe giving up the ship is in our best interest.

Isshin backs away casually, creating some distance between himself and the armed men.

The only thing I can say with certainty is that my belongings will not be used in any sort of payment. I am under contract to perform a certain job here and I could not in good conscience give up the very things required to perform my duties.

Samfool
2011-05-03, 12:42 PM
The Captain turns to you all and says, "I cannot give up the ship! What are we going to do?"

TheOasysMaster
2011-05-03, 12:43 PM
Can you answer my OOC questions?

Vuann
2011-05-03, 02:59 PM
Please allow me to have a word with the Captain so that we may work something out.

Isshin leans in close to the Captain and speaks softly..

Captain, do you have any goods or enough platinum to give them what they want? I agree that we cannot give up the ship as I have no plans to be marooned here forever. If it comes down to it I will fight, though we are severely outnumbered... That is unless we can get some of the townspeople on our side.

Thinking for a minute he continues...

What were your initial plans after making it to this island? If you have any plans on heading back to the mainland I may have a solution that will benefit both sides.

Samfool
2011-05-03, 09:31 PM
Please allow me to have a word with the Captain so that we may work something out.

Isshin leans in close to the Captain and speaks softly..

Captain, do you have any goods or enough platinum to give them what they want? I agree that we cannot give up the ship as I have no plans to be marooned here forever. If it comes down to it I will fight, though we are severely outnumbered... That is unless we can get some of the townspeople on our side.

Thinking for a minute he continues...

What were your initial plans after making it to this island? If you have any plans on heading back to the mainland I may have a solution that will benefit both sides.

The Captain says through gritted teeth and a furious mood, "The ship its self is worth almost that much! I dont have anything worth even close to that! We would make a return voyage if we could build a town and get enough supplies, but looks like that is not going to happen.."

Vuann
2011-05-03, 09:44 PM
It's a bit risky but if we can convince the rest of the towns people to help us, then in return they would be welcome on the trip back home. We could use their numbers and knowledge of the land to gather supplies and prepare for the trip. In turn they could be our allies instead of enemies. We would just have to convince them that our option is better than their... leader's.

Surely the common folk don't want to engage in a needless fight. They probably just want to get home any way they can. However if it comes down to it I will spill blood before I give in to his demands.

Samfool
2011-05-03, 10:04 PM
The Captain looks nervously as more guards show up, these are armed with weapons and armor made of animal skin and bone. There are about ten or twelve of them alone, not including the man in the hat.

TheOasysMaster
2011-05-03, 11:19 PM
Pharrah gnaws on a strand of hair...
"We may be more powerful than they may give us credit for..."
She thinks.
"They have no boats of their own-and if they had the power to simply take the ship, they wouldn't hide behind the veil of asking for it... Maybe we should just leave... Retreat back?"

Samfool
2011-05-04, 09:49 AM
Pharrah gnaws on a strand of hair...
"We may be more powerful than they may give us credit for..."
She thinks.
"They have no boats of their own-and if they had the power to simply take the ship, they wouldn't hide behind the veil of asking for it... Maybe we should just leave... Retreat back?"

"Yes.. well.. we would have to get the row boat back to the ship before they killed us.." The Captain says, motioning at the guards. Many of them have bows strapped to their backs.

TheOasysMaster
2011-05-04, 10:20 AM
"I say we fight for the ship... Buy as much time here to ready spells and then haul out of here... We may be in a better position to make terms from the boat."
Pharrah looks to see how far it is from where they stand to the row boats and from the row boats to the ship."

Samfool
2011-05-04, 10:29 AM
"I say we fight for the ship... Buy as much time here to ready spells and then haul out of here... We may be in a better position to make terms from the boat."
Pharrah looks to see how far it is from where they stand to the row boats and from the row boats to the ship."

You are right next to the row boats, but a rather long distance away from the ship. You would have to incapacitate or kill the guards, or break their bows to even have a chance. You also notice there are other boats besides yours, so you might not even get away if you stop the bows..

"But where will we go after we get on the boat? We do not have enough food or water to make it more than a week.." The Captain whined

TheOasysMaster
2011-05-04, 11:00 AM
"Okay... We give them the ship, and then we steal it back once we've bought or aquired supplies! That seems our best chance-they can't strip and break it down in one day..."

Pharrah's spell list
Lightning Bolt(Wiz)(3rd Lvl)
Lightning Bolt(Wiz)(3rd Lvl)
Invisibility(Wiz)(2nd Lvl)(Spell Mastered)
Scorching Ray(Wiz)(2nd Lvl)
Eagle's Splendor(Wiz)(2nd Lvl)
Sleep(Wiz)(1st Lvl)
Hypnotism(Wiz)(1st Lvl)
Mage Armour(Wiz)(1st Lvl) (Spell Mastered)
Expeditious Retreat(Wiz)(1st Lvl)(Spell Mastered)
Daze(Wiz)(0th Lvl)
Touch of Fatigue(Wiz)(0th Lvl)
Mage Hand(Wiz)(0th Lvl)
Acid Splash(Wiz)(0th Lvl)
As well as 1 of 2 0th Level Bard Spells.

Vuann
2011-05-04, 12:19 PM
And just what do you plan to do with the ship if you were to gain control of it?

Isshin slowly slides his left foot back and turns his body sideways assuming a defensive stance. Carefully bringing his right hand to the hilt of his Katana he continues on, his tone becoming more threatening...

I can't willingly allow our only transportation back to civilization to be handed over to a stranger who demands it for no good reason. Giving it up would leave us stranded here and that is simply not an option. The ship itself is not up for negotiation and asking for it as payment is ludicrous. I would prefer a peaceful solution to our dilemma and believe we can work something out. If not I am prepared to die here today protecting it. Are all of you?

Enter stance: Absolute Steel - +10ft movement, +2ac dodge bonus (move 10ft)

Using 1 inspiration point for cunning knowledge on intimidate +5

[roll0] Intimidate

Isshin (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=289604)
Male Neutral Human Martial Factotum/Warblade, Level 5/1, Init +6, HP 42/42, Speed 30ft
AC 17, Touch 11, Flat-footed 16, Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +1, Base Attack Bonus 4, Action Points 10
Least crystal of return (quick draw) +1 Katana +6 (1d10+2, 19-20/x2)
One-Handed Dagger +5 (1d4+1, 19-20/x2)
Two-Handed Quarterstaff +5 (1d6+2, x2)
+1 Mithril Chain Shirt, (reduced armor check penalty) Masterwork Buckler (+5 Armor, +1 Shield, +1 Dex)
Abilities Str 13, Dex 12, Con 14, Int 20, Wis 10, Cha 10
Condition None
Warblade Maneuvers:
3 known, 3 readied, 1 stance

Stance:
Hunter's Sense

Maneuvers known:
Moment of Perfect Mind
Claw at the Moon
Mountain Hammer

Maneuvers readied:
Moment of Perfect Mind
Mountain Hammer
Claw at the Moon

Martial Factotum Stances/Maneuvers
- Manuevers useable once per day, no recovery.

Readied Manuevers: (level)
Shadow Jaunt (2)
Iron Heart Surge (3)
Fan the Flames (3)
Revitalzing Strike (3)
Insightful Strike (3)
Bonecrusher (3)

Absolute Steel (stance)(3)
- +10ft movement, +2ac dodge bonus (move 10ft)

Samfool
2011-05-04, 12:25 PM
The second boat arrived as Isshin takes his stance, the crewmen look around nervously "Whats goin' on?"

TheOasysMaster
2011-05-04, 12:33 PM
"Well, that's just it... We give them the ship. Get what supplies we can, and then steal it back and leave in the dead of night! And of course, if they have no supplies we're doomed anyways..."
Pharrah looks past the crew, trying to count their numbers against those of the armed townsmen.
"They're demanding payment for us stopping here-namely, the ship..."
She pauses.
"Does the ship even have a name?"

Samfool
2011-05-04, 12:35 PM
"Well, that's just it... We give them the ship. Get what supplies we can, and then steal it back and leave in the dead of night! And of course, if they have no supplies we're doomed anyways..."
Pharrah looks past the crew, trying to count their numbers against those of the armed townsmen.
"They're demanding payment for us stopping here-namely, the ship..."
She pauses.
"Does the ship even have a name?"

"Does it matter?" The captain says solemnly, "I cannot forfeit any lives for a piece of wood.. I have to give it to them."

TheOasysMaster
2011-05-04, 12:37 PM
"Noble sentiments Captain-but you may be abandoning these people to death if you abandon your ship-if this town has no supplies to offer, we'd be without a ship to move elsewheres!"
Pharrah is seriously impressed, however, the captain truly IS a noble soul.

Samfool
2011-05-04, 12:40 PM
"Noble sentiments Captain-but you may be abandoning these people to death if you abandon your ship-if this town has no supplies to offer, we'd be without a ship to move elsewheres!"
Pharrah is seriously impressed, however, the captain truly IS a noble soul.

"Even if we get away, what supplies would we have then?" He says, looking up at the sky, "This town is our best option, no matter how horrid their leader is.."

Vuann
2011-05-04, 12:41 PM
Calling out to the newly arrived ship...

We're just having a little negotiation... and it looks like another bargaining chip has just arrived.

Now sir, am I to believe that you will ask for another docking fee? I think it rather obvious our numbers have just increased.

Samfool
2011-05-04, 12:43 PM
Calling out to the newly arrived ship...

We're just having a little negotiation... and it looks like another bargaining chip has just arrived.

Now sir, am I to believe that you will ask for another docking fee? I think it rather obvious our numbers have just increased.

(The Man in the Hat walked away..)

TheOasysMaster
2011-05-04, 12:44 PM
Pharrah concedes.
"Fine. Do what you must."
Just in case, she begins casting Shield and Mage Armor upon herself.
"We should stick together though-safety in numbers until we can find away to get out of here..."

Vuann
2011-05-04, 12:55 PM
After the man leaves Isshin relaxes his muscles and exhales. He then turns his attention to the captain.

I'm not sure what his plan is, though we will have to negotiate something in return for being allowed to remain at this makeshift town. We know nothing of this land and their knowledge and strength may be integral to our survival here.

What are your thoughts?

TheOasysMaster
2011-05-06, 01:51 PM
Pharrah is becoming visually frustrated by this situation, "I don't like this one bit-but our hands are tied. Not exactly a glamorous start to a great adventure... But we must do what me must. Give them the ship."

Iceciro
2011-05-06, 03:42 PM
Navian creeps up, silent like a winter breeze. He speaks lowly, his voice a bit raspy yet tinged with anger.

"The answer, if you ask me, is obvious. We beat them like the rabid dogs they are. Anything else is too good for them, and if we try to negotiate with them further, they are likely to just raise the price. They want the ship, not the money. We intend to keep the ship. We are at an impasse, and must do the discussing with our skills."

TheOasysMaster
2011-05-06, 03:53 PM
"I like that idea a lot... But I don't know if we can beat an entire town..."

Lizard Lord
2011-05-06, 05:25 PM
At Navian's suggestion Moon and Star grin and hit their fists against their own palms. "Oh, we have been waiting"
"For a good fight."
"This will be fun."

TheOasysMaster
2011-05-06, 06:34 PM
With the protection of Shield and Mage Armour, as well as her own agility, Pharrah begins to feel a little more confident about their chances...
"If we're going to fight, I'll strike first with Lightning... Are you all ready for this?"

Samfool
2011-05-06, 09:45 PM
"If you fight, you are on your own, I will not be responsible for your deaths or any of the townsfolk! It is not your decision to make! I will gladly give up my ship if it is necessary, so feel free to throw your lives away." The Captain yells,

TheOasysMaster
2011-05-06, 10:39 PM
Pharrah blanches, "CALM DOWN IDIOT!"
She raises an eyebrow at the Captain's stupidity.
"Keep your bloody voice down!"

Samfool
2011-05-06, 10:41 PM
Pharrah blanches, "CALM DOWN IDIOT!"
She raises an eyebrow at the Captain's stupidity.
"Keep your bloody voice down!"

"My statement still stands." The Captain scolds

TheOasysMaster
2011-05-06, 10:47 PM
"It IS your ship... And I can admire your willingness to surrender it immediately to save the our lives, those of your passengers and crew... But what about after, when there's no way back... Will you condemn these people to die alone."

[roll0] Trained Diplomacy Check to make the Captain think...

Samfool
2011-05-06, 11:04 PM
"It IS your ship... And I can admire your willingness to surrender it immediately to save the our lives, those of your passengers and crew... But what about after, when there's no way back... Will you condemn these people to die alone."

[roll0] Trained Diplomacy Check to make the Captain think...

"Who is to say we cannot build another ship?" The Captain says after thinking for a moment or two..

TheOasysMaster
2011-05-06, 11:28 PM
At the words, 'we', 'build', and 'ship', Pharrah gives up on the Captain.
Holding up her hand, she points to the crew in the boat.
"Fine. Tell THEM that you're surrendering the ship."

Vuann
2011-05-06, 11:30 PM
Captain, if we can build a ship that easily then can they not as well? They're prodding us to test our strength, and you're showing them weakness that they will surely continue to take advantage of. What will you do if we build another ship and they demand that one as well? At some point a stand has to be made.

Looking back to the crew members Isshin calls out..

How about you gentleman. Would you rather fight to save your ship, our only way back home to your families? Or would you put your tail between your legs and let some stranger take your ship leaving you stranded for no other reason than his own greed? I do not wish to pick a fight, but I won't be left stranded here by one man's rediculous demands.

Samfool
2011-05-07, 09:10 AM
One of the crewmen step up to the group "I am no fighter, I am a simple sailor. If I wished to fight, I would become a pirate. It is much more profitable and lively career, but you run the risk of ending your life. I am with the captain, we knew this would probably be a one-way trip.."

Lizard Lord
2011-05-07, 10:07 AM
Moon and Star shake their heads at the captain and crew.
"These weaklings don't deserve"
"To keep their ship."
"If they are going to give up"
"That easily."
"Let them do"
"What they want."

TheOasysMaster
2011-05-07, 10:42 AM
Pharrah scowls, agreeing with Moon and Star.
"Fine, Captain-do what you must."

Dreamshifter
2011-05-09, 01:05 AM
Adrienna, having been silent throughout the exchange, finally speaks up. "If the captain sees no further need for the ship, then we do not need to fight, I believe? Perhaps we can just use the exchange to gather information on this area, and any supplies we might need? I had no plans to return, but I imagine many of you might. However, as long as these... people have the boat, we know where it is, unless they try to sail it away. In any event, a fight seems unavoidable, and unnecessary now."

Samfool
2011-05-09, 12:07 PM
"Are we in agreement then?" the Captain asks,

TheOasysMaster
2011-05-09, 12:11 PM
"Agreement? It's YOUR ship. There's no agreement to be made-we've offered to fight, and you say you won't help-the only agreement being made is between YOU, and the thieves of this town!"

Vuann
2011-05-09, 11:09 PM
There is no sense arguing with someone who would give up something this important without even a fight. Do as you will, it's your ship. If they demand more after you so easily gave in, don't come looking for me.

With that Isshin throws his pack over his shoulder and walks towards the makeshift town. Raising his voice so the man walking away can hear him...

Hey man in the hat..., the Captain is giving up the ship. I'm assuming that means we're welcome in this town now? By the way I never did catch your name.

Samfool
2011-05-10, 10:33 AM
"Does it matter?" The man in the hat snapped, walking up to the Captain he inquires about the boat. When he learns the Captain's decision, he nods and smiles.

"Go get the boat boys!"

TheOasysMaster
2011-05-11, 07:26 PM
How close is he? Is he within spellcasting range? NOW would be a good time to take a hostage? Or mentally subdue him...

Iceciro
2011-05-12, 04:00 AM
"I say there is little information to be gained from a den of robbers and thieves, and we are probably better off leaving before they make more demands." Navian says to the party as he watches the man go off.

Samfool
2011-05-12, 08:45 AM
How close is he? Is he within spellcasting range? NOW would be a good time to take a hostage? Or mentally subdue him...

He is now walking away, letting the others do his dirty work

TheOasysMaster
2011-05-12, 04:15 PM
Gnashing her teeth, Pharrah casts Invisibility! She's going to follow him!
"I'm going to follow him-and see what I can find out..."

Samfool
2011-05-12, 09:50 PM
PM'ed! Anyone else wanna take actions?

Lizard Lord
2011-05-12, 10:46 PM
"A den of robbers and thieves?"
"Isn't that redundant?"

Moon and Star just shrug and head into this sorry excuse for a town to look for the closest thing that resembles an inn.

Vuann
2011-05-12, 10:51 PM
Follow him if you like, I really could care less at this point. My patience with the captain has grown thin and I see no point in fighting for someone who has no will to fight for himself. I agree with the twins, I want to find a place to sleep and begin inquiring with the local folks about the surrounding areas. I'd really like to know what we're dealing with so there aren't any surprises.

Isshin begins walking towards the center of the makeshift town, then looks back at Pharrah.

However if you find out anything important I would be interested to know. That man may not be content with only the ship and we might have to deal with him again at some point.

Dreamshifter
2011-05-13, 03:37 AM
Adrienna follows the others into the town. "Unless his grand plan is to sail away, we will inevitably end up dealing with him again. Doesn't seem that interested in being friendly, so I doubt he plans on leaving. His type never do. But if we get the information we require, and get out to see the sights sooner rather than later, it would be best."

TheOasysMaster
2011-05-17, 06:20 PM
I'm still here! Pharrah's invisible adventure is taking place by PM...
I'm waitin' for Samfool to reply.

Samfool
2011-05-17, 09:05 PM
I'm still here! Pharrah's invisible adventure is taking place by PM...
I'm waitin' for Samfool to reply.

Ermm, I replied as soon as you sent it to me >.>

TheOasysMaster
2011-05-17, 09:09 PM
:smallconfused:
Okay...
I must have done something wrong. I've sent the PM again.
:smalleek:

Samfool
2011-05-18, 05:18 PM
You hear the distinct sound of a lightning crash. It sounds like it is coming from the center of town, but you see no rainclouds.

Vuann
2011-05-18, 05:26 PM
"What in the hell was that?!"

Isshin hears the loud crash coming from the middle of the town and immediately switches to an offensive a posture. He pulls his Katana from its sheath and runs towards the source of the sound to see what it was.

Free action: Draw katana
Swift action: Absolute steel stance

Isshin (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=289604)
Male Neutral Human Martial Factotum/Warblade, Level 5/1, Init +6, HP 42/42, Speed 30ft
AC 17, Touch 11, Flat-footed 16, Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +1, Base Attack Bonus 4, Action Points 10
Least crystal of return (quick draw) +1 Katana +6 (1d10+2, 19-20/x2)
One-Handed Dagger +5 (1d4+1, 19-20/x2)
Two-Handed Quarterstaff +5 (1d6+2, x2)
+1 Mithril Chain Shirt, (reduced armor check penalty) Masterwork Buckler (+5 Armor, +1 Shield, +1 Dex)
Abilities Str 13, Dex 12, Con 14, Int 20, Wis 10, Cha 10
Condition None

Warblade Maneuvers:
3 known, 3 readied, 1 stance

Stance:
Hunter's Sense

Maneuvers known:
Moment of Perfect Mind
Claw at the Moon
Mountain Hammer

Maneuvers readied:
Moment of Perfect Mind
Mountain Hammer
Claw at the Moon

Martial Factotum Stances/Maneuvers

Readied Manuevers: (level)
Shadow Jaunt (2)
Iron Heart Surge (3)
Fan the Flames (3)
Revitalzing Strike (3)
Insightful Strike (3)
Bonecrusher (3)

Absolute Steel (stance)(3)
- +10ft movement, +2ac dodge bonus (move 10ft)

TheOasysMaster
2011-05-18, 05:38 PM
Glaring, Pharrah looks a moment to see if BOTH guards are quite dead...

Samfool
2011-05-18, 05:47 PM
Glaring, Pharrah looks a moment to see if BOTH guards are quite dead...

Erm, nope. Not quite, both of them are very much alive.

They both take off running, screaming "WITCH! WITCH!"

Lizard Lord
2011-05-18, 05:53 PM
Moon and Star look around bewildered and shout their questions out loud so that who ever this accuser is may here.
"Who's a witch?"

"Its not one of us is it?"

"We don't know the first thing about magic."

"What qualifies one as a witch anyways?"

TheOasysMaster
2011-05-18, 06:11 PM
Pharrah decides she's been here to long.
"It's time to go..."
She flees at top speed, to anywhere safe, an inn or a bar of some sort, where she can get a moment to don a disguise! A barn or a stable will do!
"Curses, it was foolish to do this in an unfamiliar town..."
Moving as fast as she can, Pharrah makes haste.

Moving at top speed, 4x, with the benefit of Expeditious Retreat.

Samfool
2011-05-18, 09:02 PM
You see that the townsfolk have all shuttered their doors and windows, the guards have started to run away, and you hear shouts coming from many sides of you. They sound like warriors..

TheOasysMaster
2011-05-19, 05:11 PM
Anywhere to hide?!?!?!

Samfool
2011-05-19, 08:41 PM
Anywhere to hide?!?!?!

An alleyway.

(sorry! meant to post that)

TheOasysMaster
2011-05-19, 09:14 PM
As she reaches for her Disguise Kit from her Bag of Holding, Pharrah dashes into the alley. She will look to see if there's any better hiding place-an unlocked door, a shanty, or an abandoned warehouse to hide in, if not, she'll hunker down in the dark and begin to make changes to her appearance to look as different as possible: a set of mirrored goggles from a gnome to cover her blue eyes and soot to darken and blacken her red hair. She will tug her hair out of its braid and put it up, and change into her Climbing Outfit.
She is nervous, looking over her shoulder and berating herself for her rash behavior. Not only does it sounds like armed soldiers are coming after her, she's quickly running out of spells!

[roll0] Disguise Check
[roll1] Hide Check
[roll2] Move Silently Check
[roll3] Listen Check

Hear are my rolls-use whatever's applicable.
:smallsmile:

EDIT: Hopefully, Pharrah can 'make some magic' out of these rolls, I hope that Listen Check doesn't kill me though.

Samfool
2011-05-19, 10:06 PM
You are hidden enough to change your clothes and conceal who you are, but now there are fearsome looking warriors walking about, harassing anyone who is not in their homes. (ie: All of you!)

"YOU THERE! STOP!" one of them yell (there are about five to seven of them)

Iceciro
2011-05-20, 05:41 PM
Navian turns around, grumbling to himself. He pulls back the hood on his cloak and turns to his fellows.

"We're handling this NOW, aren't we? I am weary of this town already.

TheOasysMaster
2011-05-20, 06:49 PM
"YOU THERE! STOP!" one of them yell (there are about five to seven of them)
Is this for them, or me? Probably me...
If so...

Pharrah stops freezing and not moving.
She begins to 'get into character'.

Lizard Lord
2011-05-22, 08:46 PM
Moon and Star sigh and put their hands in the air to show that they are unarmed. Of course the two of them don't use weapons, but the guards don't need to know that.

Samfool
2011-05-23, 03:13 PM
It was to you, but seeing the rest of the party come up (all the other people that were there are off the street now) they turn their attention to the larger group.

"Who is the witch?"

Lizard Lord
2011-05-23, 04:55 PM
Moon and Star shrug and address this mob. "We were just about"

"To ask you the same thing."

Samfool
2011-05-23, 05:19 PM
"We will have none of that from either of you!" one of the warriors screams, "Now who cast the magic?"

TheOasysMaster
2011-05-23, 05:22 PM
[roll0] Move Silently Roll
I can't remember in the description if it was mentioned, how large is this town? is it walled?
Pharrah, seeing the guards distracted, attempts to make her escape, slipping away to safety.
Desperately, she looks for a suitable public place to hide.

Samfool
2011-05-23, 05:48 PM
I can't remember in the description if it was mentioned, how large is this town? is it walled?
Pharrah, seeing the guards distracted, attempts to make her escape, slipping away to safety.
Desperately, she looks for a suitable public place to hide.

You successfully hide from them, but your fellow adventurers are being harassed. There are no walls of the village, just a bunch of make-shift buildings and an open field flowing into a thick woods.

TheOasysMaster
2011-05-23, 05:52 PM
Pharrah will watch her friends from a distance, hoping they'll be able to talk their way out of any trouble.
"As long as they behave themselves, and refrain from using magic, I should be able to rejoin them without a problem..."

Lizard Lord
2011-05-23, 09:58 PM
"We will have none of that from either of you!" one of the warriors screams, "Now who cast the magic?"

The sisters seem to taken back by the warriors comment. "Someone cast magic?"
"That is news to us."

Both dvati simultaneously put their hands to their lips as they ponder on the information they were just given. They both look back up at the guard as the same thought occurs to them.

"Wait a minute...."
"Are you saying"
"Anyone that casts magic"
"Is a witch?"
"That's just silly."

Vuann
2011-05-23, 10:11 PM
With his katana slung lazily over his shoulder Isshin responds to the guards.

"I was actually hoping you guys could answer that for me. I have to be honest, I didn't think anyone in this town of refugees would have that ability. Perhaps you scared them off?"

[roll0]

Iceciro
2011-05-24, 08:06 AM
Navain glares at the crowd. He's just about at his breaking point for this lunacy, and it shows on his dark face, his elf features twisted into an angry grimace.

"Would you kindly stop harassing me and my companions? You're wasting time here while the witch gets away."

Samfool
2011-05-24, 01:00 PM
"Everyone here has suspicion of being said witch, if you do not cooperate, you will have to go through The Trials" All the other soldiers chuckle at the drop of the name "The Trails". A sinister chuckle..

Lizard Lord
2011-05-24, 05:14 PM
Moon and Star shake their heads at the guards.

"We don't do trials."
"Especially not for things"
"We didn't even do."

With that the twins stand back to back with each other and take a fighting stance, ready to strike at anyone that dares to come at them.

"But if you really want to take us to trial"
"You are welcome to try."

Vuann
2011-05-24, 08:53 PM
"How many witches do you know of that wear armor and carry a sword? In fact if you believe that I could be a witch then I'd say you are just as much of a potential witch than I. Perhaps you should cooperate with us and maybe we won't be forced to put you through our trial."

Isshin removes the blade of his Katana from his shoulder and points it directly at the accuser. Looking directly into his eyes with a cold stare Isshin offers him a challenge.

"It is said that when two men duel, the man telling the truth will always prevail. Perhaps we can find out just who is and who isn't lying?"

Using an inspiration point for cunning knowledge on an intimidation check.

[roll0]

Samfool
2011-05-25, 11:16 AM
The speaker backs down a little, but they stand their ground.

"Drop your weapons!"

Lizard Lord
2011-05-25, 12:14 PM
Moon and Star chuckle a little as they speak. "We don't"
"Need weapons."

Vuann
2011-05-25, 03:04 PM
"My mind is my greatest weapon and I surely can't drop that. If you mean my sword.. then I'm afraid that's just not going to happen. Our ship has already been taken, I'm not going to give up anything else for the likes you whom I do not even know."

Isshin takes an offensive posture.

TheOasysMaster
2011-05-25, 06:18 PM
Pharrah sees Isshin taking a fighting stance, and wonders what kind of town she and her allies have found themselves in.
For the moment, she will watch to see if her fellow travelers can get themselves out of this situation-at worst, there may be a fight and they'll be temporarily or permanently detained.
At any rate, unknown and outside, Pharrah would be in a better position to help them if she avoids interfering....

Samfool
2011-05-26, 10:10 AM
The men draw their weapons and go into a fighting stance.

Roll initiative!

Vuann
2011-05-26, 02:00 PM
"So that's how it's going to be."

[roll0] initiative

TheOasysMaster
2011-05-26, 07:00 PM
Whispering to herself, Pharrah tries to remain as small as possible. Unseen and unnoticed.
"Good luck."

Seriously guys, good luck. Fight hard! Play smart. If you need me to intervene with a Lightning Bolt or something, a distraction, I'll do it. Maybe light a building on fire...

Dreamshifter
2011-05-27, 03:58 AM
Adrienna sighs. "I wish I could say this was unexpected. Foolish people."

[roll0] Initiative.

Samfool
2011-05-27, 11:05 AM
Whispering to herself, Pharrah tries to remain as small as possible. Unseen and unnoticed.
"Good luck."

Seriously guys, good luck. Fight hard! Play smart. If you need me to intervene with a Lightning Bolt or something, a distraction, I'll do it. Maybe light a building on fire...

You have the right idea.

This is a game of survival and you pissed off the only town, and are fighting it's top men. Good luck to all, I hope this doesnt bite you in the arse ;D

Iceciro
2011-05-29, 05:48 PM
"It was going in this direction from way they behaved towards us."

[roll0]

TheOasysMaster
2011-05-29, 05:57 PM
[roll0] Initiative Roll

Pharrah has a moment of inspiration! The Captain can help!
She looks for the dock area, hoping to find him and enlist his help and that of the crew.

TheOasysMaster
2011-06-01, 06:26 PM
What's goin' on?

Samfool
2011-06-01, 07:43 PM
I cant keep this game up guys, I am sorry..

Lots of things just came up =/

TheOasysMaster
2011-06-01, 07:47 PM
Daaaaaaaaaang.
D=

Dreamshifter
2011-06-02, 12:13 AM
Life happens.