PDA

View Full Version : Shadowrun 3rd Edition - Died again, new guy advice?

Totally Guy
2011-04-15, 04:23 AM
My dog shaman Muttal died last night. He was driving near dead companion away from a Renrarku compound when I fumbled the drive roll and crashed into a ditch.

The game is currently based in Haiti but we might relocate later. We were supposed to go back to Denver once we were done but that was only bacause Muttal was getting homesick... So could end up anywhere.

The other guy I play with is an adept, very sophisticated and very deadly up close.

We have been missing out on a lot of the more cyberpunk stuff from the game as we've not had any presence of deckers or riggers.

I think I'd rather be a street samurai with a bit of rigging ability. Not sure what things mesh well from those two archetypes. Any advice?

I'm think I'd like to play someone like Mr Eko from lost. Always having made choices that make him a bad person but so other people haven't had to. Probably a black human. He'll have grown up in South Africa/Botswana/Zimbabwe, but I don't know what that part of the world is like in the by-the-book setting. Is cyberware even available there? What's that region like? He'll probably be in Haiti on religious pilgrimage, as this fits the current themes of the campaign, and looking to eventually work in UCAS territory to fulfil a grudge or something.

whiteboar
2011-05-10, 12:31 AM
You might like my 6 foot 8 inch tall human rigger, little mike. He hung out with trolls, hence the name.

You might also like his friend, the troll gator shamanic phys adept. With harpoons.

comicshorse
2011-05-10, 09:25 PM
All I remember about Africa in Shadowrun comes from one of the novels. Like most of the world its pretty much broken down into a patchwork of different kinds of nations. There is a ghoul homeland and an elven run nation.

For a decker/Rigger a smuggler seems obvious. Perhaps smuggling weapons into various groups and conflict diamonds out ?

Totally Guy
2011-05-11, 01:41 AM
Just to be clear this was several weeks ago and I've since resumed as a cybered up infiltrator.