PDA

View Full Version : [Crimson Skies] Single GM looking for players who enjoy long games on the beach...

'Grasshopper'
2011-04-15, 06:17 AM
Hey Guys and Dolls!

I was wondering if there are any CS players out there?
If there are, you're not alone, there are people out there still playing. It's okay, you're safe now.

I'm currently running a year long campaign at my uni, the blog of their antics is below. (Done as the setting's main magazine). They've recently fixed the Zeppelin they stole from the Republic of Texas just before christmas.

Next they're meeting my personal squadron, which comprises of every NPC they ever annoyed.

Neon Knight
2011-04-15, 08:34 AM
Hello, there.

Since you seem to be new, I'll go ahead and inform you that this sub-forum is actually mostly for video games. If you're referring to the Crimson Skies table top game, there is a subforum in the roleplaying games section that would better server your purposes. Please note that this advice merely reflects the typical usage of these forums as I have observed them; technically, this topic could go in either forum.

Also, I have never played anything but the Crimson Skies video games, which were decent.

Comet
2011-04-15, 08:39 AM
Also, I have never played anything but the Crimson Skies video games, which were decent.

'Brilliant' is the word you're looking for here, I think. At least as far as the first PC game is concerned, haven't played the sequel.

The tabletop game is grand, too, though I haven't actually had a group to play it with. Love the world and the feel of it all, either way.

And yeah, nice blog!

'Grasshopper'
2011-04-15, 10:30 AM
Yeah I am new to the forum. I wasn't sure where to put Crimson Skies though, a Hex-Map minatures game with levelable characters? We've had this discussion before as to whether I'm running a War Game as an RP or vice versa.

The sequel, wasn't very good. All the planes had set machine-gun ammunition and set rocket ammo, so it took away the whole fun of picking the right use of weapons for the missions. It did do some good to expand the universe, but I never felt 'Lighting Rod guns' were really suited to the game's setting.

PC game though was awesome! The Tabletop is great fun with a lot of people, it's not really designed to played as a year-long campaign though. If you pick it up and play it, run some test sessions first, the rules are deliberately vague and you have to make your own calls sometimes.

Neon Knight
2011-04-15, 10:57 AM
'Brilliant' is the word you're looking for here, I think. At least as far as the first PC game is concerned, haven't played the sequel.

The tabletop game is grand, too, though I haven't actually had a group to play it with. Love the world and the feel of it all, either way.

And yeah, nice blog!

No, I'm fairly certain that the word "adequate" describes my personal opinions and emotional response to the entertainment value that I derived form the game.

Yeah I am new to the forum. I wasn't sure where to put Crimson Skies though, a Hex-Map minatures game with levelable characters? We've had this discussion before as to whether I'm running a War Game as an RP or vice versa.

The sequel, wasn't very good. All the planes had set machine-gun ammunition and set rocket ammo, so it took away the whole fun of picking the right use of weapons for the missions. It did do some good to expand the universe, but I never felt 'Lighting Rod guns' were really suited to the game's setting.

PC game though was awesome! The Tabletop is great fun with a lot of people, it's not really designed to played as a year-long campaign though. If you pick it up and play it, run some test sessions first, the rules are deliberately vague and you have to make your own calls sometimes.

The Battletech thread for this site is in the Other games subforum of the roleplaying games section, despite mostly being a wargame. Like I said, both locations are suitable for such a thread, but I think you might get slightly more response/interest if you posted it there.