PDA

View Full Version : Startling one liners for a Fey char.

bansidhe
2011-04-15, 08:09 AM
Playing a Twilight,[neuteral],little fey in an online campaign...now I play Fey as little un-empathic...things that are immortal and bored,usually...but i keep getting RP,d with as if im tinkerbell...help me bring back the fear of this little Pixie!

Atm ,the best i have done was "You have very nice teeth...what will you take for them?"

GodGoblin
2011-04-15, 08:22 AM
Something that is pretty creepy is to have it eat the flesh of the dead, eating a human isnt canabalism as you arent human! :smallbiggrin:

Eldan
2011-04-15, 08:25 AM
Instead of eating them, you could also collect trophies. Eyes are actually quite good-looking if nicely preserved.

Epsilon Rose
2011-04-15, 08:35 AM
Play up the tinker Bell thing, but find ways to put little disturbing twists into it.
Unfortunately I can't think of any good examples, but if you could pull it off than it would probably work better than a one liner since it's an on going thing and more likely to make them regret what they said than snark.

Eldan
2011-04-15, 08:37 AM
You have dragonfly wings.

Dragonflies are brutal aerial predators. Some have spiked legs they use for air-fencing duels. Others have perfected swooping down on things and biting their heads off in the air.

You'll find something. :smallwink:

manyslayer
2011-04-15, 08:39 AM
"Oh, you're still alive? As a mortal shouldn't you be dead by now?"

"Have you ever read a real fairy tale?"

After crawling through the guts of something the party just slew. "Do you all have these cool squishy things inside you? Can I see?"

Jay R
2011-04-15, 01:00 PM
"Ever had an caterpillar placed in your ear while you slept?"

"How about a spider?"

"Do you really want to be insulting to somebody who's on a first-name basis with wasps?"

TheCountAlucard
2011-04-15, 01:05 PM
...but i keep getting RP'd with as if im tinkerbell...help me bring back the fear of this little Pixie!Eat their dreams. Eat their virtues. Spin the leftover gossamer into perfect creations that addict people by their very nature.

Wear a mask of tears and human hair.

That's how I do it in Exalted. :smalltongue:

Sacrieur
2011-04-15, 01:29 PM
Playing a Twilight,[neuteral],little fey in an online campaign...now I play Fey as little un-empathic...things that are immortal and bored,usually...but i keep getting RP,d with as if im tinkerbell...help me bring back the fear of this little Pixie!

Atm ,the best i have done was "You have very nice teeth...what will you take for them?"

Imma go ahead and cut this off right now. Tinkerbell, as per the original and true version, was cold, vicious, and mean as hell. She got the lost boys to shoot arrows at Wendy for crying out bloody loud.

Don't be hatin' on Tinkerbell.

DeadManSleeping
2011-04-15, 01:37 PM
Immortal kind of fae, right? Have it always ask questions about what it's like to have disease and death, and continually assume that all mortals have plenty of experience with it. Stuff like: "So, what's it like to watch someone you love die slowly and painfully?" And don't say it menacingly. Always act like you don't care the slightest about someone's pain. When they get hurt, poke the wound. When a small child cries, cast a silencing spell on it, or maybe just tell it that you'll cut out its tongue if it doesn't stop. Things like that.

bansidhe
2011-04-15, 02:01 PM
Imma go ahead and cut this off right now. Tinkerbell, as per the original and true version, was cold, vicious, and mean as hell. She got the lost boys to shoot arrows at Wendy for crying out bloody loud.

Chap,?i completly agree with you :D,But!...they think shes a little Marilyn Monroe whos obssessed with sweets and stuff!...which,frankly ,p,s me off!...havnt they read Grimms?

TheCountAlucard
2011-04-15, 02:28 PM
Chap,?i completly agree with you :D,But!...they think shes a little Marilyn Monroe whos obssessed with sweets and stuff!...which,frankly ,p,s me off!...havnt they read Grimms?No offense, man, but can you run that through some sort of spell-checker? I honestly can't make out about half of this message...

Sacrieur
2011-04-15, 03:02 PM
Chap,?i completly agree with you :D,But!...they think shes a little Marilyn Monroe whos obssessed with sweets and stuff!...which,frankly ,p,s me off!...havnt they read Grimms?

Only all the time. You could always just act extremely manipulative and angry.

bansidhe
2011-04-15, 03:17 PM
Heh,could do ,that may be fun...and Alucard,I do apologise but im kind of a huge guy,that even with the extra large keyboard,sometimes hits the wrong letter by accident...and i just finished a 12 hour shift,so i am,a little tierd out.Sorry.:smallwink:

Jay R
2011-04-15, 09:43 PM

True. In fact, her most common phrase was "you silly *ss". (She is quite a common fairy.)

But she drank Peter's poison. That counts for a lot.

Clap. Clap. Clap. Clap. Clap. Clap. Clap. Clap. Clap. Clap. Clap. Clap.

Fax Celestis
2011-04-15, 10:10 PM
...Tinkerbell (http://bakanekonei.deviantart.com/art/Finch-Neverland-141491758) is pretty awesome (http://bakanekonei.deviantart.com/art/Second-Star-to-the-Right-142640200) if you ask me.

mint
2011-04-16, 04:15 AM
I like to go with jolly & malicious when I play fey.
My inspiration:
this! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W77xbWW4kTY)
and
this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fA5vFvVhq40)

Giving straight up lines is hard :/

sengmeng
2011-04-16, 04:51 AM
"What would you eat for a gold piece? Cat? Baby?"

"Any body parts you don't STRICTLY need? I'd pay of course."

"Where are the blood-dealers in this city?"

EccentricCircle
2011-04-16, 05:27 AM
ask for definitions of random things.
"I'm sorry whats a dream again?" "oh right, you don't have those all the time?"

in some D&D games tinkering with the alignment system can be fairly interesting. though it works best in games where alignment is discussed in character which isn't always that common.

i've played characters with no concept of good and evil and made up new alignment axes that their culture consider to be the fundamental dichotomy instead. for example a drow character had Chaotic Sneaky written on her character sheet. she didn't know what the other characters were going on about with this good and evil stuff. in her culture whether you were direct or sneaky was far more important.

for the fae this could be a lot more strange. try playing a Neutral Seelie character, or a Purple Good one. make it very clear that you don't view the world in the same way as others.

also try to bury/ burn a sleeping partymate and when challenged reply that you thought they were dead, they'd stopped moving and everything.

Eldan
2011-04-16, 06:50 AM
Don't ask about what it's like to be mortal. Just try to fit in :smallwink:

"Thank you, fellow party members. Like you, I will now fall unconscious for hours and be defenceless while I vividly hallucinate. I think in the morning I would like to add charred bodyparts of sentient creatures to my body."

Rising Phoenix
2011-04-16, 06:53 AM
At the appropriate moment and in just the right tone of voice... Perhaps after a battle whilst the blood of the enemies is still warm on the floor say this whilst gazing at your own reflection in it:

"You mortals are so... ephemeral"

-------

"What do you mean its wrong to steal kidnies? Don't they regrow?"

"I'll sing you the lullaby of 'sleep' eternal"

"OooooH. I wonder what happens if I press the big red button/poor alchemists fire on X"

Golden-Esque
2011-04-16, 05:28 PM
You may want to change the title of this thread. "One Liners" tends to refer to jokes over anything else.

As an example, I had a Human Fighter named William whose entire character was based around the fact that he was an accomplished chef. He served the party as our ship's cook, but he had a low Charisma score (like an 8 or 9). Instead of making him extremely awkward in social situations as many would do with Charisma, I instead roleplayed it off as him having absolutely no sense of humor. He would constantly crack cooking-related puns which were intentionally written to be not funny in the slightest. I actually had a good list of them, along with his specialty dishes, that I would crack out when the situation called for it. The jokes were ALWAYS met with a groan, but he was a cool character, and he's always remembered for his lack of humor.

When you think of one-liners, you think of something more along those lines, and not along the lines of "what creepy things can I say to get people to be afraid of me?" What you want is more along the lines of behaviors and not one-liners. Roleplay yourself DOING (along with saying) creepy things and people will grow uncomfortable around you.

Golden-Esque
2011-04-16, 06:35 PM
You may want to change the title of this thread. "One Liners" tends to refer to jokes over anything else.

As an example, I had a Human Fighter named William whose entire character was based around the fact that he was an accomplished chef. He served the party as our ship's cook, but he had a low Charisma score (like an 8 or 9). Instead of making him extremely awkward in social situations as many would do with Charisma, I instead roleplayed it off as him having absolutely no sense of humor. He would constantly crack cooking-related puns which were intentionally written to be not funny in the slightest. I actually had a good list of them, along with his specialty dishes, that I would crack out when the situation called for it. The jokes were ALWAYS met with a groan, but he was a cool character, and he's always remembered for his lack of humor.

When you think of one-liners, you think of something more along those lines, and not along the lines of "what creepy things can I say to get people to be afraid of me?" What you want is more along the lines of behaviors and not one-liners. Roleplay yourself DOING (along with saying) creepy things and people will grow uncomfortable around you.

AsteriskAmp
2011-04-16, 07:02 PM
Go for the jolly Fey, ALWAYS.

In the middle of combat:
I'm helping people fall asleep.
I guess a sword is as good as a sleep arrow to put people to sleep.
AWAKENED PIŅATAS OF PUNCH!

Frozen_Feet
2011-04-16, 07:51 PM
"You look so cute, I could eat you right up!"

"Have I told you taste delicious?"

"Hae you ever tried flying? Come on, it's easy, you just fall down from a high place. Give it a shot!"

"You didn't put your milk teeth under a pillow like your momma told you, di you now?"

"Don't worry! Your children can pay!"

"Ever heard of how these small insects lay eggs to unwitting hosts?"

"You know, it looks like I could easily fit in your mouth. Too bad you can't fit in mine..."

"Those children are so cute, I want to take them home!"

Ravens_cry
2011-04-16, 07:59 PM
Act childlike, but give evidence of being very old. When you descend into aeons old temples of ancient evil, talk about how you remember how it once was and how nice everyone was. Giggle at inappropriate things.

DaragosKitsune
2011-04-16, 08:00 PM
In keeping with the mentions of Tinkerbell, I should remind you that the jolly diva Tinkerbell was the Disney one.
I should also add that with the fey, size was often the determiner of emotional complexity. Pixie sized fey in old fairy tales could only feel one, maybe two emotions at any given moment. If they are happy, they are the most delightful beings ever. If they're angry they are horrifyingly violent and sadistic.
Also, remember that fey "morals" consist primarily of continual self-satisfaction. The fairies that made shoes for the poor cobbler did it because the material was there and they liked making shoes, not out of the goodness of their hearts.

bansidhe
2011-04-18, 05:27 AM
These are all brilliant thankyou all,I shall definatly be using most of them!

Also,didnt occur too me in the slightest as ,too me,a one liner can mean both,Title changed too something,hopefully more suitable!

MarkusWolfe
2011-04-18, 06:12 AM
The thing about the fey is that they were the ones who ran the Wild Hunt, where mortals would be hunted down and either slain or dragged into the realm of fey to hunted again, a la the new Predators movie. Arguably, this is just the evil fey, but still. Show no regard for the emotions of others because your thought process is so alien that you don't even recognize them. What the others see in you as human emotions in you are something else entirely.

Eldan
2011-04-18, 07:23 AM
As a pixie, you are half human, half this:

http://www.amnh.org/exhibitions/water/images/lg/770397_dragonfly_lg.jpg
http://www.brisbaneinsects.com/brisbane_dragons/images/wpe81.jpg

That should make you plenty horrible already.

A bit more fitting in with humanity:
"How nice. If I were human, sun and the birdsong would make me forget that I were trapped in a sack of rotting meat with maybe fifty years left."

sengmeng
2011-04-18, 12:52 PM
"I was thinking about the way all of you will eventually die and rot in the ground, and I wondered: does that hurt? The rotting, I mean. I know the dying hurts."

The Cat Goddess
2011-04-18, 02:43 PM
Don't ask about what it's like to be mortal. Just try to fit in :smallwink:

"Thank you, fellow party members. Like you, I will now fall unconscious for hours and be defenceless while I vividly hallucinate. I think in the morning I would like to add charred bodyparts of sentient creatures to my body."

Okay, this was amazingly funny.

Eldan
2011-04-18, 02:49 PM
It is, but looking at it again, it looks more like "Robot" or "Alien" than fey.

Cerlis
2011-04-18, 06:29 PM
You have dragonfly wings.

Dragonflies are brutal aerial predators. Some have spiked legs they use for air-fencing duels. Others have perfected swooping down on things and biting their heads off in the air.

You'll find something. :smallwink:

You gave me this image of a Fairy who has all those abilities that give em bonuses against people bigger than them (like the feats in Races of the wild) who zips through crowds flies in next to people and puts dagger sized lances through peoples brains.

Lord.Sorasen
2011-04-18, 07:29 PM
Go off the Disney adaptation (well, the one for the first movie). Don't say anything. Just smile, nod, and giggle. And kill. And don't be casual about killing. Savor every moment.

Take advantage of that small size. Tear their eyes from their still living skulls. Deal nonlethal damage, just to keep them alive for a while. Make sure to giggle and nod and sway a lot. Act vulnerable. Use a spell to make the ranger helpless and proceed to slowly kill his dog. Use the party's assumptions against them, and they won't be able to make fun of your being Tinkerbell, because they will fear Tinkerbell as she is.

That's my two bits. But I'm tired. This might be terrible.

nedz
2011-04-18, 07:32 PM
"You think I'm childish, but it is really you who is the child. I am far older than you. If you think I'm childish, then perhaps its because I treat you like toys".

Rising Phoenix
2011-04-18, 09:57 PM
"You think I'm childish, but it is really you who is the child. I am far older than you. If you think I'm childish, then perhaps its because I treat you like toys".

Nasty...:smallamused:

bansidhe
2011-04-19, 05:36 AM

Ooooh yeah me Likey!

And try as I might,I just cant seem too change the title...weird!