PDA

View Full Version : Suikoden adaptation to 3.5

Morbis Meh
2011-04-15, 01:21 PM
Hello playgrounders!

This is the first time posting on this part of the website, though I probably would have earlier if I had knowledge of GitP since all of my DnD work is homebrew setting. Anyways I was wondering if anyone here has played suikoden and thought i would be a lot of fun to run a campaign based on it, the PC's would obviously be stars of destiny; however, the most work would be the magic system since it is vastly different. Classes may need some tweaking and some feats may need to be ban hammered but I just wanted to know if this would be a fun campaign setting.

NichG
2011-04-15, 02:14 PM
A friend of mine did an extensive conversion for Suikoden to d20 awhile back, but I think it may have vanished off the face of the internet. Basically the different rune levels were given different dice scalings with caster level, so you could do a 1d4/CL thing from a 1st level rune slot, up to something like 2d6/CL for a true rune '6th level' slot. The actual rune spells were given a bit more freedom than in the games, so you could build a rune spell of any level that had any of the effects the rune could produce.

Each of the magic runes had a sort of sublist of things it could do in addition to damage or in place of rune level. So for instance, the Water rune could heal instead of do damage but the effect would be a level lower for the dice scaling. Or the lightning rune could paralyze on a failed save at the cost of being 2 rune levels higher.

Morbis Meh
2011-04-15, 03:35 PM
Hmmm... I think I would just lower the magic all together just have 4 rune levels in the game and give each rune a bit of a power up eg lightening with paralyze, fire burn, ice free, earth stun, wind prone etc etc...