PDA

View Full Version : Is there a good annotated list of feats?

cfalcon
2011-04-15, 02:11 PM
My next game starts up next Saturday. The characters are partly generated, and pretty much know what they want to be at low level, with high level still a bit of a mystery.

I'd like to make a list of feats for them that are allowed. My plan was to go through the books and write down the name of the feat, any houserules to it, and the page number and book it's in. It occurs to me that someone has probably done this, and might even have a nice summary.

Generally, I want more of the stock feats to be of a bit of a higher power level: I don't like the ones that feel like "taxes", so I wanted to see what would happen if I changed some around instead of just awarding more feats. At the same time, some feats stack in ways that I don't consider intended or fun: really optimized stuff can rule the roost. I'm normally pretty good about blocking that stuff out early on. Does anyone have a list with commentary? I'm pretty sure WotC has a list with sources, and if that's the best it might help some.

If you are curious, here's the houseruled changes I have so far:

Augment Summoning- Prereq removed
Combat Reflexes + Combat Expertise merged
Dodge + Mobility merged
Endurance + Run merged
Improved Disarm + Improved Feint merged
Improved Precise Shot lets your Point Blank Shot +1 bonus to hit apply at all ranges
Improved Turning upped bonus to +2
Mounted Combat + Mounted Archery merged
Power Attack + Cleave merged
Point Blank Shot + Precise Shot merged
Ride-by-Attack + Spirited Charge merged
Spell Mastery: Now grants Int score - 10 (about double previous)
Toughness: Using Pathfinder version (greater of 3 or your hit dice in extra hit points)
Track also grants +2 to survival
Weapon Finesse: Removal of +1 BAB prereq.
Whirlwind Attack: Prereqs now Dodge, Spring Attack, BAB +4, Dex 13

Two Weapon Stuff:

New feat, Ambidexterity: Remove penalty for not using light weapon in offhand (aka, you can use two one-handed weapons)
Two Weapon Fighting: Unchanged
Improved Two Weapon Fighting: This now grants the benefits of Greater and Perfect Two Weapon Fighting

Weapon Speccy things:
Weapon Focus, Weapon Specialization, and Improved Critical can now be chosen for either a weapon you use two-handed, or a primary and secondary weapon (which can be the same). If you are using your primary weapon, you gain the benefits of the feat. If you are also using your secondary weapon and your primary weapon, your secondary weapon gains the benefit of the feat.

Metamagic:
Heighten and Extend merged (each still works normally)
Silent and Still merged (each application still takes +1)
Enlarge and Widen merged (each application still takes +1)

Item Creation:
I was thinking that each of these is really about as good as half a feat, with the big exception being Wondrous Item. I was considering just having a feat named Item Creation that lets you pick two.

Apophis
2011-04-15, 02:19 PM
Wizards (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/lists/feats) has one.

cfalcon
2011-04-15, 02:25 PM
Oh hey, that has a description line. That's a good start indeed, thank you!

gorfnab
2011-04-15, 11:23 PM
Realmshelps has a decent feat finder. (http://www.realmshelps.net/datafind/feats.shtml)

nedz
2011-04-16, 09:16 AM
There's another one here (http://chet.kindredcircle.org/)