PDA

View Full Version : Ketchup in the Playground

tonberrian
2011-04-15, 05:59 PM
Ketchup (or catsup, or any other name for this delectable tomato product). People use it on everything - french fries, meat, sandwiches, the works.

My question for the Playground is this: do you dip into ketchup, or do you put ketchup on things to eat? Or do you just try to ignore this noble condiment?

Mystic Muse
2011-04-15, 06:05 PM
I dip into ketchup and I put Ketchup on things. It depends on the things.

tonberrian
2011-04-15, 06:09 PM
I dip into ketchup and I put Ketchup on things. It depends on the things.

What kinds of things? I always dip everything.

Mystic Muse
2011-04-15, 06:12 PM
What kinds of things? I always dip everything.

I put ketchup on cheeseburgers and hot dogs, although I'll occasionally dip them as well. For stuff I always dip as opposed to put on, chicken fingers and french fries. Although I use honey for chicken fingers too. Not at the same time though.

Also, out of curiosity, did you withdraw from the pony RP because it was moving too fast?

tonberrian
2011-04-15, 06:24 PM
I plan on coming back sometime, but I've got huge amounts of things to concentrate on that are more important than ponies, hard as it is to believe. I kept thinking I was going back, so I never told anyone I was leaving, but that seems not to have worked out.

Mystic Muse
2011-04-15, 06:26 PM
I plan on coming back sometime, but I've got huge amounts of things to concentrate on that are more important than ponies, hard as it is to believe. I kept thinking I was going back, so I never told anyone I was leaving, but that seems not to have worked out.

Okay. just wanting to make sure we didn't unintentionally drive you away.

Orzel
2011-04-15, 06:29 PM
Ketchup is for when something is poorly made.

A well prepared dish needs no ketchup.

That being said, I just ate my aunt's leftover steak with ketchup and steak sauce.
She ruined it.

*cries*

KuReshtin
2011-04-15, 06:37 PM
My feelings on ketchup can be summed up like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itXjAuUTs2U&t=1m59s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Akxgb5ONhB0&t=1m53s

Perenelle
2011-04-15, 06:44 PM
Ketchup is fine on fries, hamburgers, hotdogs, and the like. But anything else I'm strongly against. Ketchup on eggs and mashed potatoes is just... ruining a wonderful thing by smothering it in a strange flavor that doesn't complement anything. :smallyuk:

Teddy
2011-04-15, 08:10 PM
I pour ketchup on pretty much all starch that isn't pasta (which usually is the most common source of starch that Swedes pour ketchup on. I do, however, pour it in my bolognese sause). I also put ketchup on sausages and hamburgers, and sometimes i dip fries in it (but I usually prefere them just salted).

My feelings on ketchup can be summed up like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itXjAuUTs2U&t=1m59s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Akxgb5ONhB0&t=1m53s

This thread still needs MOAR KETCHUP:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCjW0K9sjoc&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

RebelRogue
2011-04-15, 08:19 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCjW0K9sjoc&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL
I've always wondered about the prawn salad that is eaten on hotdogs in Sweden. On one hand, I think it sounds disgusting, on the other hand, I sort of want to try it.

My brother (who's a chef) put it: "Prawn salad on a hot dog is not surf'n'turf", even though I tried to convince him it qualified :smallbiggrin:

Seonor
2011-04-15, 10:25 PM
I am not a fan of Ketchup on good food (with some exceptions like french fries). And even if I use some I try to get some that actually tastes good, not that stuff you get in most places that tastes like nothing.

And this is relevant. (http://shira-chan.deviantart.com/art/The-Ketchup-Conundrum-167302054)

ScottishDragon
2011-04-15, 10:50 PM
Pour it on! Pour it all over! When I use ketchup, I USE mah ketchup:smallamused:.

Serpentine
2011-04-15, 11:42 PM
Ketchup? What is this nonsense? Tomato sauce is where it's at!
I need it on hot dogs and most pies and sausages. I sometimes like it on chips and on burgers (although BBQ sauce is fine on burgers, too).

valadil
2011-04-15, 11:46 PM
My question for the Playground is this: do you dip into ketchup, or do you put ketchup on things to eat? Or do you just try to ignore this noble condiment?

Yes. Although if you mean for something like fries, I prefer to dip. I don't like that my fries get soggy sitting under ketchup. I also eat my fries with a fork because I don't like getting greasy fingers. And before you ask, cheetos are to be eaten with chopsticks to avoid orange fingers. I'm OCD about my fingers, okay?

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2011-04-15, 11:48 PM
Meh, ketchup is ketchup. Nothing special to me.

CoffeeIncluded
2011-04-15, 11:52 PM
Ugh, hate ketchup. Too thick, too sweet. I love steak sauce though.

Lady Tialait
2011-04-15, 11:55 PM
I am not a very big sauce person. I do like Mustard. Just not normal Yellow Mustard, I'm talking either a sweet honey mustard, or a peppery brown mustard. So very very nummy.

Marnath
2011-04-15, 11:56 PM
Ketchup is for when something is poorly made.

A well prepared dish needs no ketchup.

Lies and blasphemies. Why do you malign such a noble condiment? Truly your soul is a dark place. /teasing

Ketchup? What is this nonsense? Tomato sauce is where it's at!
I need it on hot dogs and most pies and sausages. I sometimes like it on chips and on burgers (although BBQ sauce is fine on burgers, too).

Pies? What sort of pies? O.o
I'm going to hope you mean something different than I'm thinking of, because all the pie I'm familiar with is made of fruits and would not go well with ketchup at all. :smallyuk:

Serpentine
2011-04-15, 11:59 PM
Meat pies. Real pies. Pies for MEN! And also shielas.

Mystic Muse
2011-04-16, 12:07 AM
Meat pies. Real pies. Pies for MEN! And also shielas.

I'll stick with my fruit pies.

Supagoof
2011-04-16, 12:11 AM
Practice safe lunch.

Use a condiment!

*ba-dum-chhhh*

Anyway, I put ketchup on my ketchup. Cause ketchup is gooooood.

Serpentine
2011-04-16, 12:14 AM
I'll stick with my fruit pies.Then you're missing out.
And you realise they're not mutually exclusive, right? :smallconfused:

I should have a pie-day sometime... Quiche for breakfast, meat pie for lunch, custard tart for afternoon tea, pot pie for dinner and a fruit pie for dessert.

Ashen Lilies
2011-04-16, 12:18 AM
Pies of all sorts are the yummiest. In fact, I may have one for lunch right now!
I think I'll leave out the ketchup though.

Ketchup goes on: burgers, sandwiches, meatloaf.

Ketchup is a dip for: fries, potato wedges, flavorless school steaks.

Mystic Muse
2011-04-16, 12:20 AM
Then you're missing out. I'm sure I am. No, I really am sure I'm missing out, it's just one of those things that I don't really care that I'm missing out on. It's not something I would make even if I knew how and liked it, and I don't know of any restaurants around here that sell it. Other than Chicken Pot pie which I know from experience I don't like.

And you realise they're not mutually exclusive, right? :smallconfused: That just makes me want to avoid them more. :smalleek:

Serpentine
2011-04-16, 12:27 AM
It's not something I would make even if I knew how and liked it, and I don't know of any restaurants around here that sell it.That these are the prerequisites for you trying them makes me sad. Don't your bakeries sell them? :smallconfused: Hell, we've got a shop down the street that only sells meat pies (and also sausage rolls)...

That just makes me want to avoid them more. :smalleek:Not what I meant :smalltongue:

Mystic Muse
2011-04-16, 12:33 AM
That these are the prerequisites for you trying them makes me sad. Don't your bakeries sell them? :smallconfused: Hell, we've got a shop down the street that only sells meat pies (and also sausage rolls)...

I don't even know if we have a bakery around here anymore. Last one I was aware of went out of business. It's also just plain something that doesn't sound appealing. If it sounded good, I might at least give it a try, but it just doesn't.

Ashen Lilies
2011-04-16, 12:34 AM
We have a company here in Phuket called 'Lady Pie'. Started off with one Aussie lady selling meatpies out of the bottom floor of her townhouse. Now she has a whole row of townhouses, hollowed out for more pie-manufacturing goodness. And I am glad.

Post-trip-to-freezer-edit: Suddenly less glad. :smallfrown:

Not what I meant :smalltongue:

Though it does make me wonder if a Steak and Applesauce pie would be any good...

Innis Cabal
2011-04-16, 12:36 AM
That these are the prerequisites for you trying them makes me sad. Don't your bakeries sell them? :smallconfused: Hell, we've got a shop down the street that only sells meat pies (and also sausage rolls)...

Savory pies are not typically a very big thing in the U.S.A outside of the Pot Pie's. Pasties and the like are rarely sold unless you go somewhere with a cultural influence from a country that such things are actually common in the cuisine.

Lady Tialait
2011-04-16, 12:43 AM
Well, Quiche is pretty popular, but is often thought of as either 'sissy' or 'snob' food. I personally love meat pie, and make pocket meat pies for my hubby to take to work with him. Shepard's Pie is a common dinner.

Anyway, ketchup is something my husband likes on meatloaf, that is pretty much it. Maybe on a hamburger.

Serpentine
2011-04-16, 12:58 AM
Well, you know, real men don't eqt quiche (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Real_Men_Don't_Eat_Quiche).
We have a company here in Phuket called 'Lady Pie'. Started off with one Aussie lady selling meatpies out of the bottom floor of her townhouse. Now she has a whole row of townhouses, hollowed out for more pie-manufacturing goodness. And I am glad.The aforementioned pie shop is owned by a Canadian.
...who gives out tomato sauce for free, because "having to pay for sauce" was #1 on Rove Live's List of Things That Annoy Australia.

Though it does make me wonder if a Steak and Applesauce pie would be any good...I once had a lamb and mint pie. It tasted exactly like a roast dinner. Soooooo good.
Never been able to find it again :smallfrown:

Anuan
2011-04-16, 03:41 AM
I would like to mention that the pastry used for meat pies is different to that used in sweet pies.

Tomato sauce (of the ketchup variety, for the 'murikans. Not pasta sauce) is a necessary on pies and sausage rolls. Also on bad sausages. Goes well on some good sausages.

Speaking of pies, wholegrain mustard, or Masterfoods brand "Australian Mustard" (<shrug>) goes really, really well on a nice crispy one.

If you ever randomly come and visit me, Serp, there's a place kinda on the way that sells specialty gourmet pies, they won a gold and two silvers in the national pie competitions. My dad's a big fan of their Hamburger Pies. I was not fond, but it did taste like a hamburger turned into a pie. Just...a hamburger with toppings I didn't like.

KuReshtin
2011-04-16, 05:05 AM
Hamburger Pies.

Hamburger Pie! Must have Hamburger Pies!!

*looks to finance trip to Australia*

Serpentine
2011-04-16, 05:11 AM
Where are you, again? I know there's a gourmet pie shop north of Kempsey. I had a rabbit pie there, once. It was meh - wasn't a fan of the sultanas, unfortunately.

Orzel
2011-04-16, 07:28 AM

Are you people mad?

Ketchup is for bad food. And Bad food ONLY! :smalltongue:

KuReshtin
2011-04-16, 08:05 AM
Where are you, again? I know there's a gourmet pie shop north of Kempsey. I had a rabbit pie there, once. It was meh - wasn't a fan of the sultanas, unfortunately.

Over here in Scotland, people tend to be extremely non-adventurous when it comes to their pies.
There's no way anyone here would even think of making a hamburger pie.

Are you people mad?

We're not mad. Just slightly eccentric. :smallbiggrin:

Serpentine
2011-04-16, 08:49 AM
I was talking to Anuan :smalltongue:

Mystic Muse
2011-04-16, 08:55 AM
Are you people mad?

"I'm not mad. Just angry!"

Dvandemon
2011-04-16, 09:08 AM
I'd love ketchup on just about any average meal. Funny thing, I didn't always love ketchup, in fact I hated tomatoes and any tomato byproducts. I remember I once took home some leftover salmon, from Red Lobster, with ketchup and reheated it with the ketchup on in the microwave. Best thing I ever had, the ketchup got slightly runnier from the salmon and became a tangy, tomato sauce

Orzel
2011-04-16, 09:43 AM
"I'm not mad. Just angry!"

Don't be angry. I have spicy mustard.

AtlanteanTroll
2011-04-16, 09:57 AM
I ignore it. I can't stand Tomatoes (as in, I only started eating PIZZA last year).

Serpentine
2011-04-16, 09:58 AM
My sister used to order pizza without tomato paste, and picked out all the soggy tinned tomatoes from spaghetti bolognaise. Dunno whether she still does, though.

Asthix
2011-04-16, 10:11 AM
Mmm. Eggs. :smallsmile:

RebelRogue
2011-04-16, 10:26 AM
What about pizza bianco? The stuff without tomato sauce on it. Some of my favorite pizzas are of this variety.

Kain05
2011-04-16, 12:01 PM
Eh, ketchup is ok, I'll eat it with my fries sometimes if they aren't particularly good but I tend to stay away from ketchup, too sugary. I go with mayo or mustard instead, mmm a good spicy mustard.

Kneenibble
2011-04-16, 12:08 PM
Iron Chef Chen Kenichi performed his father's recipe for prawns in chile sauce many times that included ketchup. And that was hoity-toity Szechuan cuisine.

Kain05
2011-04-16, 12:13 PM
My sister used to order pizza without tomato paste, and picked out all the soggy tinned tomatoes from spaghetti bolognaise. Dunno whether she still does, though.

Your sister = win

arguskos
2011-04-16, 12:19 PM
Eh, ketchup is ok, I'll eat it with my fries sometimes if they aren't particularly good but I tend to stay away from ketchup, too sugary. I go with mayo or mustard instead, mmm a good spicy mustard.
Fries with mustard. Hmm. I need to try that some time. Maybe I'll acquire some fresh fries this afternoon and try that with some Gulden's I've got laying about.

Iron Chef Chen Kenichi performed his father's recipe for prawns in chile sauce many times that included ketchup. And that was hoity-toity Szechuan cuisine.
Everyone knows Iron Chef Morimoto is the real star. :smalltongue:

Kneenibble
2011-04-16, 01:33 PM
And yet Iron Chef Masahuru Morimoto used ketchup with even greater flagrancy than Chen-san!

arguskos
2011-04-16, 01:35 PM
And yet Iron Chef Masahuru Morimoto used ketchup with even greater flagrancy than Chen-san!
See? Morimoto>Chen. :smalltongue:

Kneenibble
2011-04-16, 01:59 PM
You may retain that mistaken opinion if you wish good numismatist, and yet the greater coin at stake is that the Iron Chefs validate the culinary currency of ketchup by their precedent.

But the fact is, Rokusaburo Michiba beats them both.

Lady Tialait
2011-04-16, 02:08 PM
*sneaks in*

Chopped > Iron Chef

*sneaks back out*

arguskos
2011-04-16, 02:12 PM
You may retain that mistaken opinion if you wish good numismatist, and yet the greater coin at stake is that the Iron Chefs validate the culinary currency of ketchup by their precedent.

Oh you didn't just go there.

Sorry, gotta say that from the original Iron Chef, Morimoto remains solidly my favorite. From America (which I personally like), I'm a fan of the new guy, Michael Symon. I just like his cooking, and he's a local guy (Ohio, baby!).

Zevox
2011-04-16, 02:28 PM
I put ketchup on: Most meat (hot dogs, large pieces of chicken, meatloaf, burgers, etc).
I dip in ketchup: Fries, smaller pieces of chicken (popcorn chicken, nuggets, small tenders).
I do not use ketchup with: Most anything that isn't meat or fries.

Zevox

Mercenary Pen
2011-04-16, 02:38 PM
Usually dip, but it'll go into a burger or hot dog if I'm having one. On the subject of savoury pies, I tend to have those with an appropriate gravy rather than ketchup- ketchup has its place, but that place isn't everywhere.

Oddly enough, I have just had this idea of a burger with sweet chilli sauce (to clarify, I don't have salad in burgers, just so I give the right mental image)... I must try this.

KenderWizard
2011-04-16, 04:52 PM
I have a ketchup addiction. It's my vice.

I put ketchup on all forms of potato. This means I put it on all dinners, because a meal isn't actually dinner unless there's potato involved. I put it on all meats, most fish, all poultry, all vegetables. Sometimes even cheese. I don't put it on lunch food or breakfast food. But I also have an addiction to tomato soup. I love tomatoes, in almost all their forms, except tomato paste on pizza, which I hate. I much prefer pizza bianca. I even don't put ketchup on it!

Here, much is made of the eternal ketchup debate: Heinz or Chef. Heinz is the swanky-yet-cheap sweet American import. Chef is the thicker, homegrown Real Ketchup's ketchup. It's much less sweet, and also, better in every way. (I'm on the Chef side, in case you couldn't tell.)

I have a bottle, the next bottle, an emergency back-up bottle, a bottle and next bottle in my parent's house for visits, and a travel bottle in my handbag. Until recently, I also had one stashed in the college soc room I spent a lot of time in, and I used to have one hidden behind a desk at my dad's old place of work.

Lycan 01
2011-04-16, 06:28 PM
Ketchup (or catsup, or any other name for this delectable tomato product). People use it on everything - french fries, meat, sandwiches, the works.

I prefer to dip my foodage into the ketchup. If I put the ketchup on, say, a burger, then it'll squish out onto my hands whenever I pick up the burger. But if I can dip the burger into ketchup, then I can get as much ketchup as I want with each bite, and without nearly as much mess.

Also, I'm a ketchup fanatic. I eat it with almost everything.

Everything.

Lhurgyof
2011-04-16, 06:49 PM
I love ketchup. I put it on a lot of foods. Meatloaf, fries, onion rings, shrimp, burgers, hot dogs, anything.

Shepard's Pie is a common dinner.
Oh god, how I do despise Shepherd's Pie.

arguskos
2011-04-16, 07:06 PM
Fries with mustard. Hmm. I need to try that some time. Maybe I'll acquire some fresh fries this afternoon and try that with some Gulden's I've got laying about.
Turned out better than expected. Highly recommended.

Anuan
2011-04-16, 07:16 PM

Nobody rocks harder than Chen Kenichi.
Nobody.

Also, some of the best Chilli Mudcrab recipes include tomato sauce (again, ketchup). I think it's the little bit of sugar that enhances the rest of the flavours...Y'know, like putting a dash of salt in cakes or chocolate recipes.

Innis Cabal
2011-04-16, 07:40 PM
Malt vinegar on fries is the only way to go. Ketchup is ok but really, if you want to get the real deal, malt vinegar.

Lady Tialait
2011-04-16, 07:58 PM
Oh god, how I do despise Shepherd's Pie.

You sir, are a heretic. Repent to the meaty yummyness of Shepherd's Pie.

arguskos
2011-04-16, 08:11 PM
Malt vinegar on fries is the only way to go. Ketchup is ok but really, if you want to get the real deal, malt vinegar.
Man I can't stand malt vinegar. Just doesn't have a taste I can discern.

It's okish I guess on fish and chips, but I see no real reason to use it for anything else.

Innis Cabal
2011-04-16, 08:13 PM
Is it the fish part that makes it acceptable on the fries? I eat it on potato pancakes as well. A little salt and vinegar never goes wrong in my book. Prefer it loads to ketchup even though I like ketchup on my fries.

arguskos
2011-04-16, 08:25 PM
Is it the fish part that makes it acceptable on the fries? I eat it on potato pancakes as well. A little salt and vinegar never goes wrong in my book. Prefer it loads to ketchup even though I like ketchup on my fries.
Well, the fish benefits from the malt vinegar, since a nice piece of fried fish doesn't need much else beyond a bit of tang. Honestly, the fries really don't. The fries benefit from tartar or a nice ketchup like normal, but not too much.

Death, your friend the Reaper
2011-04-17, 02:22 AM
I'd really enjoy to ketchup with the playground, especially those I haven't seen for a while :smallbiggrin:

I do tend to use it a bit to much I will admit, but I've grown up with it being the norm for hotdogs, pies and sausage rolls. I don't think I tend to use it in weird ways (everyone puts in on their ice cream right?), just the normal uses.

thubby
2011-04-17, 02:34 AM
its not a hotdog without ketchup, and its good for making tasty mac and cheese. other than that, i never use the stuff.

Lhurgyof
2011-04-17, 02:55 AM
You sir, are a heretic. Repent to the meaty yummyness of Shepherd's Pie.

I never liked it as a kid, and I don't know.

I'm big on food consistency. It could taste like heaven and have an odd consistency and I'd throw it up. It's the corn in the mashed potatoes. :smallyuk:

Serpentine
2011-04-17, 02:59 AM
Who puts corn in the mashed potatoes? :smallconfused:

Lhurgyof
2011-04-17, 03:03 AM
Who puts corn in the mashed potatoes? :smallconfused:

Shepherd's Pie? It's corn, mashed potatoes, and meat. And all I can think of when eating it is cream style corn.

And I get sick.

Edit: It all gets in your mouth at the same time, I'm not quite sure.

It's the mashed potatoes too, the way they always turn out is ick.

I mean, since it usually goes:
Mashed potatoes which I don't care for to begin with.
Corn, which just seems like cream style corn (which is an insta-gag)
Meat, which would be okay had it not been combined with the two.

Serpentine
2011-04-17, 03:11 AM
Uh... I've never had shepherd's pie with corn, creamed or otherwise. Meat an' stuff with a mashed potato topping, that's all the shepherd's pie I know.

edit:
Shepherd's Pie
Put leftover cooked chopped or minced lamb into a gratin dish and top it with mashed potato, then dot with butter and bake at 200oC until golden and crusty.
- Stephanie Alexander, The Cook's Companion

The first result (http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/2335/classic+shepherds+pie) from a google search for "shepherd's pie recipe" has no corn.
A search for "shepherd's pie recipe corn" comes up with about 551,000 results. "shepherd's pie recipe -corn" has about 1,070,000 results.
But "shepherd's pie recipe" has about 630,000 results, so I dunno what's going on there.
So, if you don't like shepherd's pie because of the corn, maybe you should try a real shepherd's pie :smalltongue:

Lhurgyof
2011-04-17, 03:29 AM
Uh... I've never had shepherd's pie with corn, creamed or otherwise. Meat an' stuff with a mashed potato topping, that's all the shepherd's pie I know.

edit:
Shepherd's Pie
Put leftover cooked chopped or minced lamb into a gratin dish and top it with mashed potato, then dot with butter and bake at 200oC until golden and crusty.
- Stephanie Alexander, The Cook's Companion

The first result (http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/2335/classic+shepherds+pie) from a google search for "shepherd's pie recipe" has no corn.
A search for "shepherd's pie recipe corn" comes up with about 551,000 results. "shepherd's pie recipe -corn" has about 1,070,000 results.
But "shepherd's pie recipe" has about 630,000 results, so I dunno what's going on there.
So, if you don't like shepherd's pie because of the corn, maybe you should try a real shepherd's pie :smalltongue:

Yeah, I got looking around and saw some good looking ones, although the way the mashed potatoes usually end up is pretty meh.

Worth looking into, though. :smallsmile:

Will I put ketchup on it? Perhaps.

Serpentine
2011-04-17, 03:31 AM
You've gotten me thinking, though, that mixing in a bit of polenta or something with the mashed potato could come out quite nice.

Trekkin
2011-04-17, 04:01 AM
The Shepherd's Pie I grew up with consists of chili covered with mashed potatoes and topped with melted cheese.

As for ketchup, it's half the base for my baked bean sauce, I cut it with brown sugar to glaze meatloaf, and I've experimented with it in blush cream sauce for chuchvara. I mostly use relish where ketchup is typically used, like on burgers and fries, and I apply it rather than dipping things into it.

KenderWizard
2011-04-17, 08:23 AM
My Shepherd's Pie has lamb (chunks or mince) in gravy, plus some chopped vegetables (usually carrots, maybe also peas), in a dish, topped with mashed potato, and maybe some grated cheese sprinkled on top. And of course I eat it with ketchup.

Cottage Pie is also nice, it's the same, only with beef instead. You can also do the same with chicken. I'm not sure if that one has an official name, but I call it Justin Pie, after my boyfriend's cousin who keeps chickens.

Lady Tialait
2011-04-17, 10:53 AM
Lamb is a pain around here, so I just use chopped beef, carrots, peas, and sometimes corn if I want a sweeter pie. Fresh mash is necessary, seriously, I've seen people use flakes it makes me sad.

Mind you, I have to scrape that part off, I'm allergic to potato starch.....grrr.

Fri
2011-04-18, 01:00 AM
I dislike ketchup simply because its taste is so strong. It overwhelms any other tastes.